Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-8th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 07:42 PM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 07:17 PM
Team 91 MD
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 06:21 PM
Boys 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:21 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 07/04/22 05:06 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,153
Posts341,709
Members2,463
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 187 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 186 187
Re: Girls 2024-4th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #358755 11/30/21 05:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]What are your recruiting directors or coaching doing for you ? I was reading another thread about things the club should be helping recruiting age players with and am curious what type of help you are receiving ?

Recruiting director: a zoom on recruiting and tournaments, contact to colleges pre/post tournaments, email templates, conferences with players about top choices.

Coach: multiple zooms on how to use connect lax, one about sports recruits tomorrow, reviewed recruiting profiles to help market our daughter properly, has helped us make film/taught us how to make our own, contact to coaches pre/post tournaments, runs social media, flyers for coaches with roster and jersey #s, first email templates and feedback through google drive, help with follow up emails, help with end of fall emails, multiple emails and chats about different schools camps/showcases/etc.

Coach and recruiting director seem to go back and forth before sending things out and note it when sending us information. The support we have received is amazing. We are beyond grateful.

That's awesome. And hopefully by the summer, the recruiting directors will be actively advocating on your girls behalf before the contact period. Our recruiting director has always said her busiest two weeks of the year and the two weeks before contact period.

Right now they’re really pushing us to get seen through tournaments and other opportunities. They also are hosting clinics with college coaches to get extra looks

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #358766 11/30/21 07:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What are your recruiting directors or coaching doing for you ? I was reading another thread about things the club should be helping recruiting age players with and am curious what type of help you are receiving ?

Recruiting director: a zoom on recruiting and tournaments, contact to colleges pre/post tournaments, email templates, conferences with players about top choices.

Coach: multiple zooms on how to use connect lax, one about sports recruits tomorrow, reviewed recruiting profiles to help market our daughter properly, has helped us make film/taught us how to make our own, contact to coaches pre/post tournaments, runs social media, flyers for coaches with roster and jersey #s, first email templates and feedback through google drive, help with follow up emails, help with end of fall emails, multiple emails and chats about different schools camps/showcases/etc.

Coach and recruiting director seem to go back and forth before sending things out and note it when sending us information. The support we have received is amazing. We are beyond grateful.

That's awesome. And hopefully by the summer, the recruiting directors will be actively advocating on your girls behalf before the contact period. Our recruiting director has always said her busiest two weeks of the year and the two weeks before contact period.

What club are you with

Going to keep that to myself I apologize just don’t want the which clubs better to start up

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358768 11/30/21 07:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club are you with ????

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358770 11/30/21 08:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358811 12/01/21 11:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

OK, totally respect that. However, a lot of people come to BOTC to hopefully get info. From parents on the clubs they are currently on.

Especially the ones who have younger kids who are trying to find a club for their kids. It’s good to hear from parents what they do and don’t like about their kids current clubS.

I personally talk to parents from different clubs to try and get their perspective. It helped a lot with my kid, and I didn’t waste years on her first club because I knew they did zero to help in recruiting from talking to the older kids parents.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358825 12/01/21 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

OK, totally respect that. However, a lot of people come to BOTC to hopefully get info. From parents on the clubs they are currently on.

Especially the ones who have younger kids who are trying to find a club for their kids. It’s good to hear from parents what they do and don’t like about their kids current clubS.

I personally talk to parents from different clubs to try and get their perspective. It helped a lot with my kid, and I didn’t waste years on her first club because I knew they did zero to help in recruiting from talking to the older kids parents.

I'm sure it will become a big controversy as everything is on here but we are with jesters. The entire staff is extremely helpful and the recruiting director and coaches are working well together to support us.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358827 12/01/21 12:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club are you with

Going to keep that to myself I apologize just don’t want the which clubs better to start up

There are a few clubs that are doing this well.
Our club has been doing all of this for a while
and a few of her friends elsewhere seem to get the same.
It’s hard work and not just on the field!

This is our 3rd time doing this and it can seem overwhelming. Don’t be afraid to Ask questions but don’t stress. Plenty of opportunities to play and be seen.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358831 12/01/21 12:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

I'm sure it will become a big controversy as everything is on here but we are with jesters. The entire staff is extremely helpful and the recruiting director and coaches are working well together to support us.

Sorry should have clarified my original post that you replied to asking about the team was the one that said recruiting director and coaches and listed what we’ve done so far. I also have friends on other teams who are also happy with the recruiting advice given so far.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358838 12/01/21 12:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO ONE is doing the legwork for your kid to get recruited except YOU and your kid. Do not rely on any coach, coordinator or director at ANY club to spearhead your child’s recruiting You must teach your child how to market herself (at camps and on social media) and how to advocate for herself ( with good film and emails to coaches). Which team you are on only gets you so far. No matter how great a reputation a club has the director or coordinator can only do so much and there are a ton of girls looking for the directors help. Be proactive. Look at naviance and college board and create a list of schools then look at the lacrosse programs and see if she can realistically play their. Send your emails and film always Keep your coach and director in the loop[/quote]

Get that video up if not done already. Connect Lax we like but several others .

Don’t be afraid to ask but work towards being somewhat self sufficient. Some of these clubs have A and B teams at every age. That’s a ton of girls needing help from directors. Be aware that many girls get lost. It’s up to you to advocate for your player.
A few clubs only have one team per age which is a big plus if you can get on.

We like female non parent coaches that have played and coached at the highest level. HS and college if you can find it. Lord knows we pay enough and deserve it.

If they want it-Plenty of places to play for women D1-D2-D3 and club, It’s about getting an education and maybe having some fun at the same time.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358841 12/01/21 01:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

Come on no one comes on here for real info, with anonymous posting everyone comes on to bash everyone and everything!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #358850 12/01/21 01:42 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO ONE is doing the legwork for your kid to get recruited except YOU and your kid. Do not rely on any coach, coordinator or director at ANY club to spearhead your child’s recruiting You must teach your child how to market herself (at camps and on social media) and how to advocate for herself ( with good film and emails to coaches). Which team you are on only gets you so far. No matter how great a reputation a club has the director or coordinator can only do so much and there are a ton of girls looking for the directors help. Be proactive. Look at naviance and college board and create a list of schools then look at the lacrosse programs and see if she can realistically play their. Send your emails and film always Keep your coach and director in the loop

Don’t be afraid to ask but work towards being somewhat self sufficient. Some of these clubs have A and B teams at every age. That’s a ton of girls needing help from directors. Be aware that many girls get lost. It’s up to you to advocate for your player.

We like female non parent coaches that have played and coached at the highest level. HS and college if you can find it. Lord knows we pay enough and deserve it.

If they want it-Plenty of places to play for women D1-D2-D3 and club, It’s about getting an education and maybe having some fun at the same time.[/quote]

Yes! The zooms we have done with our coach have been extremely helpful because they teach us what to do and give us feedback. A big emphasis on kids doing it and not us for our kids. We are grateful for the hammerhead box jesters has given us, but we know in the end up comes down to our daughter doing her part.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358864 12/01/21 02:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NO ONE is doing the legwork for your kid to get recruited except YOU and your kid. Do not rely on any coach, coordinator or director at ANY club to spearhead your child’s recruiting You must teach your child how to market herself (at camps and on social media) and how to advocate for herself ( with good film and emails to coaches). Which team you are on only gets you so far. No matter how great a reputation a club has the director or coordinator can only do so much and there are a ton of girls looking for the directors help. Be proactive. Look at naviance and college board and create a list of schools then look at the lacrosse programs and see if she can realistically play their. Send your emails and film always Keep your coach and director in the loop

If they want it-Plenty of places to play for women D1-D2-D3 and club, It’s about getting an education and maybe having some fun at the same time.

Yes! The zooms we have done with our coach have been extremely helpful because they teach us what to do and give us feedback. A big emphasis on kids doing it and not us for our kids. We are grateful for the hammerhead box jesters has given us, but we know in the end up comes down to our daughter doing her part.[/quote]

Lol 😂
Some free advertising on BOTC

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358868 12/01/21 02:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

See my previous reply

Sorry should have clarified my original post that you replied to asking about the team was the one that said recruiting director and coaches and listed what we’ve done so far. I also have friends on other teams who are also happy with the recruiting advice given so far.

As a parent I need to know…
Who’s the coach of this team?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358874 12/01/21 03:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes! The zooms we have done with our coach have been extremely helpful because they teach us what to do and give us feedback. A big emphasis on kids doing it and not us for our kids. We are grateful for the hammerhead box jesters has given us, but we know in the end up comes down to our daughter doing her part.[/quote]

Not sure why this corrected to hammerhead. I was saying they have given our team a hammerhead kit or hammerhead box like a set of things to use to help us.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #358875 12/01/21 03:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What club are you with

There are a few clubs that are doing this well.
Our club has been doing all of this for a while
and a few of her friends elsewhere seem to get the same.
It’s hard work and not just on the field!

This is our 3rd time doing this and it can seem overwhelming. Don’t be afraid to Ask questions but don’t stress. Plenty of opportunities to play and be seen.

Yes ask questions as much as possible to coaches and directors

Like Reply Quote
Page 82 of 187 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 186 187
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard