BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,688
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 62 of 69 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can't get enough of this website. Grown ups complaining about kids lacrosse. Please don't stop. I love all the crying LOL. It's almost as good as Jerry Springer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I can't get enough of this website. Grown ups complaining about kids lacrosse. Please don't stop. I love all the crying LOL. It's almost as good as Jerry Springer.

I come get my entertainment at least once a day. So true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-4-1 is competitive? Listen sparky all the Jester teams have taken a big decline over the last couple of years. They are B level teams now. Get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when they cry about what a specific club charges. IT'S A BUSINESS DUMMY! I'm sure $100 for a round of golf,and lunch is ok.How about $125 for all the lovely ladies to get their hair done. It is what it is. Your giving the game a bad name.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So take notes because it seems that your a little ignorant of the facts. Jesters 2017 Black was scheduled to play 5 games, one on Friday night and 4 on Saturday. Because of the weather the Friday night games were cancelled. The Jesters ended up getting in two games on Saturday, which they did lose. The following two games on Saturday were cancelled due to weather. The Tournament decided to give ties for all the games that were cancelled. They did reschedule Saturdays games for Sunday morning, so the Jesters ended playing the 2 games on Sunday. They lost one in overtime and they won the 2nd game. They ended playing the Gladiators in the playoffs and after a great lacrosse game lost by a goal and were eliminated. So their final record was 1-4-1 including the tie given for the cancelled Friday night game. If youre still confused I can draw you a diagram of you'd like or will you continue commenting on things you have no idea about? Jesters Black was a very competitive team at every tournament they played in...........

You should be banned from this board for disrespecting Cage the moderator! It was his post that had the Jesters black with a winless record in 5 games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
You should be banned from this board for disrespecting Cage the moderator! It was his post that had the Jesters black with a winless record in 5 games.
The poster claimed that there has been an error in the score reporting and standings from the TriState tournament committee. BOTC has carried TriState results this year simply due to the number of Long Island area teams attending. Hence, we have no idea how the tournament is actually run or managed.

We can tell you that the pool play results for all of the Jesters teams as posted by TriState are as follows :

Rising 9th AA - LI Jesters 8th Kaffl - 0W-2L-3T
U15B - LI Jesters 8th Moscola - 0W-4L-1T
U13 North - LI Jesters 7th - 4W-0L-1T
U13 West - LI Jesters 6th - 0W-2L-3T
U11 North - LI Jesters Nessim - 0W-4L-1T
U11 South - LI Jesters Byrns - 1W-2L-2T
HS Senior AA - LI Jesters Varsity Foster - 0W-3L-2T

Now, readers can name call over whether a single draw was a win or the weather caused too many ties. No matter how you slice it, there are many oh-fers in that list and a single win in pool play would not have made much a difference in the long run for most of these groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Week's Rankings & Tournament Recap: 91, Gladiators and True Blue had a good run. Outlaws got smoked, GC & Jesters took their lumps, fl$ & Terps made the playoffs, Turtles played up, Terps Black were off.

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. fl$
7. Terps
8. Jesters
9. Garden City 17
10 Outlaws Black

At NXT Summer Invitational this coming weekend, fl$ plays Outlaws Black. Team 91 and Garden City are in the other group but don't play each other, possible they may play against each other in the playoffs

Please let us know the outcome and we will make the appropriate changes to the Long Island team ranking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
The poster claimed that there has been an error in the score reporting and standings from the TriState tournament committee. BOTC has carried TriState results this year simply due to the number of Long Island area teams attending. Hence, we have no idea how the tournament is actually run or managed.

We can tell you that the pool play results for all of the Jesters teams as posted by TriState are as follows :

Now, readers can name call over whether a single draw was a win or the weather caused too many ties. No matter how you slice it, there are many oh-fers in that list and a single win in pool play would not have made much a difference in the long run for most of these groups.

Most of those ties were canceled games due to the rain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man that is an ugly showing. The 2019 is awful too. They used to be real good a couple of years ago. What happened to that team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

These standings were obviously not updated after the cancelled games were made up. In the case of the 2017 Jesters in the Rising 9thAA bracket, their one win actually changed their seeding and they ended playing the Gladiators in the playoffs. Honestly I dont think the poster had an issue with you Cage, it was a response to the poster who was disparaging the Jesters organization without having any idea what he was talking about.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when they cry about what a specific club charges. IT'S A BUSINESS DUMMY! I'm sure $100 for a round of golf,and lunch is ok.How about $125 for all the lovely ladies to get their hair done. It is what it is. Your giving the game a bad name.

What happened to youth lacrosse?
You sound like a really slimy fellow.Are you with FL$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This Week's Rankings & Tournament Recap: 91, Gladiators and True Blue had a good run. Outlaws got smoked, GC & Jesters took their lumps, fl$ & Terps made the playoffs, Turtles played up, Terps Black were off.

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. fl$
7. Terps
8. Jesters
9. Garden City 17
10 Outlaws Black

At NXT Summer Invitational this coming weekend, fl$ plays Outlaws Black. Team 91 and Garden City are in the other group but don't play each other, possible they may play against each other in the playoffs

Please let us know the outcome and we will make the appropriate changes to the Long Island team ranking

Terps made the playoffs this weekend? Not. 1-3 this weekend in New Jersey Shootout. There were no playoffs. Just top team in each bracket - 4 teams in 2 different brackets, 8 total) played each other and all other games were consolation. Leading Edge won the tournament over True Blue. Terps (plus 6-7 Terps Black) lost to Laxachussets, STEPS, and Leading Edge, beat MI Warriors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You know what is giving the game a bad name....programs that are money grabs, it's youth lacrosse!...Tournaments every weekend, some on shoddy fields with questionable competition...A new program popping up every week offering the next best thing...BS recruiting tournaments every week, charging too much $ (don't worry, college coaches will find you if you are that good)...I miss the days when kids played the sport for the fun of it, not having to worry about disappointing parents, playing on 3-4 teams and spending thousands of dollars that would be better served spent on improving SAT scores or saving for college

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated Maryland rankings at Summer's end, eager to see Long Island ranking:

1)Crabs...idle, done for summer...tryouts 8/18
2)FCA Blue...beat Breakers, beat VLC 2 weeks prior, done for season
3)VLC...season complete
4)Breakers...1 more tourney, will face Team 91, may see Gladiators or 83
5)MadLax Capital
6)83 Elite..won Atlantic cup, will play Gladiators in fl$
7)Annapolis Bayhawks
8)Greene Turtle
9)Madlax Rock
10)Fearless

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
looks like GC is holding their own for a town team.Pretty impressive. GC had a bad 1st day and ruined their chances the next day. hopefully the can have a succesful tournament next weekend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The AA brackets played pool games Sunday as well. Big difference between "winless in 5 games" and 0 and 2 with 2 canceled games reported as ties. Why would an adult care so much about an organization their kid doesn't even play on?

My sons Jester team was undefeated in pool play and lost in A finals! They had a great season and we were thrilled with the entire year!

Can't complain for amount of lacrosse played since November!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a Jesters parent, but watched 2 of their games, because my son's team was playing after them. They played very good lax in both games and only lost by 1. Why is it so important to come on here and bash this team? My son is happy where he is but if he wasn't I would consider having him tryout, maybe yours did and didn't make it, and that's what your problem is? Enough already. Jesters, you played well at Tri-Lax. BTW Lax is expensive, get over it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not a Jesters parent, but watched 2 of their games, because my son's team was playing after them. They played very good lax in both games and only lost by 1. Why is it so important to come on here and bash this team? My son is happy where he is but if he wasn't I would consider having him tryout, maybe yours did and didn't make it, and that's what your problem is? Enough already. Jesters, you played well at Tri-Lax. BTW Lax is expensive, get over it.

Thank you for the common sense. Great game between the Jesters and Gladiators which came down to the last minute. Kids played their hearts out and the parents on both sides were very complimentary of both teams. All around that game was a prime example of what youth lacrosse should be about!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say this 2017 thread is by FAR the best, most entertaining of them all... This 2017 group is filled with the sickest most demented group of delusional parents ever in the history of all youth sports. I only pray for your kids that you all don't behave or speak this way in the home.
Tone it down, very few of your kids are going D1. I promise you. Please be a little humble. When your kids get a little older you'll be at the national elite HS level tournaments. What you'll see are insanely gifted athletes that hail from places like Minnesota, Washington, Texas, Florida and California. All your kids stick skills will not compensate for the fact that these kids from other parts of the country are huge. 6'5" defensemen that move like SEC tight ends. 6'3" middies that run like a deer and cut like NFL backs. All I can say is: strap in and get ready for the reality check. It's coming....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No I'm just trying to put things in perspective. I think the whole thing is out of control.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. The whole thing is a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very well said...witnessed this first hand multiple times this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These rankings are comical!! True Blue & Gladiators lost in finals or quarters? 91 won the Philly tournament & Terps Black didn't play because they all played for some other Terp team (& lost again) yet, Terps Black is still #2!! It is hilarious that this Terp Dad keeps posting these rankings like it actually is the truth!

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. fl$
7. Terps
8. Jesters
9. Garden City 17
10 Outlaws Black

[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. fl$
7. Terps
8. Jesters
9. Garden City 17
10 Outlaws Black

Terps made the playoffs this weekend? Not. 1-3 this weekend in New Jersey Shootout. There were no playoffs. Just top team in each bracket - 4 teams in 2 different brackets, 8 total) played each other and all other games were consolation. Leading Edge won the tournament over True Blue. Terps (plus 6-7 Terps Black) lost to Laxachussets, STEPS, and Leading Edge, beat MI Warriors.

But, they are still #2!!!!!!!!! (stamping feet, crying face;) oh, wait that's Black but, wait they played with blue who was filling in for orange, oh now Im confused!! frown

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. fl$
7. Terps
8. Jesters
9. Garden City 17
10 Outlaws Black

But, they are still #2!!!!!!!!! (stamping feet, crying face;) oh, wait that's Black but, wait they played with blue who was filling in for orange, oh now Im confused!! frown

You're not only confused - you're an ignorant idiot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now, now, with the name calling! You can't take a joke? This whole thing is a joke! Relax & enjoy your sons lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to say this 2017 thread is by FAR the best, most entertaining of them all... This 2017 group is filled with the sickest most demented group of delusional parents ever in the history of all youth sports. I only pray for your kids that you all don't behave or speak this way in the home.
Tone it down, very few of your kids are going D1. I promise you. Please be a little humble. When your kids get a little older you'll be at the national elite HS level tournaments. What you'll see are insanely gifted athletes that hail from places like Minnesota, Washington, Texas, Florida and California. All your kids stick skills will not compensate for the fact that these kids from other parts of the country are huge. 6'5" defensemen that move like SEC tight ends. 6'3" middies that run like a deer and cut like NFL backs. All I can say is: strap in and get ready for the reality check. It's coming....

Thank you for the insight Oh Guru of all things lax.......Altough I agree with you about the presence of athletes from non traditional lacrosse places, I submit to you that New [lacrosse], Maryland, PA, Jersey, CT, and so on have just as many gifted athletes with the stick skills to match. Take a look at a Division 1 roster sometime. I would say 75 percent of the rosters are filled with Northeast and Mid-Atlantic kids. (Take Duke for example, 5 kids on the roster from non traditional lacrosse states) I also agree that a lot of the people that frequent this board are delusional and overzealous, however there are some of us that are realistic about our kids futures and who genuinely enjoy candid discussions about the sport and how our kids are progressing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1-4-1 is competitive? Listen sparky all the Jester teams have taken a big decline over the last couple of years. They are B level teams now. Get over it.

Just because you dont win doesnt mean your not competitive. Jesters Black 2017 lost in the semifinals in three tournaments this summer to three of the best teams at the age group. So they were an A team and deserved to be, so get over it SPARKY, and stop commenting on things you dont know anything about. Dont you have someones day to ruin somewhere.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did your kid do?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These rankings are comical!! True Blue & Gladiators lost in finals or quarters? 91 won the Philly tournament & Terps Black didn't play because they all played for some other Terp team (& lost again) yet, Terps Black is still #2!! It is hilarious that this Terp Dad keeps posting these rankings like it actually is the truth!

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. fl$
7. Terps
8. Jesters
9. Garden City 17
10 Outlaws Black

[/quote]
"Please let us know the outcome and we will make the appropriate changes"??? Who is "US" & who is "WE"? You sound so professional

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Turtles
2) Team 91
3) Gladiators
4) Terps (Black)
5) True Blue
6) fl$
7) Terps
8) Garden City 17
9) Jesters
10)Outlaws

91, Gladiators and fl$ at a tourney this weekend in Maryland, could creating some movement towards the top

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Turtles
2) Team 91
3) Gladiators
4) Terps (Black)
5) True Blue
6) fl$
7) Terps
8) Garden City 17
9) Jesters
10)Outlaws

91, Gladiators and fl$ at a tourney this weekend in Maryland, could creating some movement towards the top

Interesting...How can teams not invited to Young Guns be ranked ahead of the teams that were invited. Most would agree that YG is one of the top Summer tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams are invited based on past performance...as they say in the investment world "Past results are not indicative of future performance". Invites go out well before the Summer tournament season. The fact the Terps were invited is based upon LI Express' Terp results in years past...this year has been a let down for the team..I am sure they will bounce back...turn that frown upside down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Turtles
2) Team 91
3) Gladiators
4) Terps (Black)
5) True Blue
6) fl$
7) Terps
8) Garden City 17
9) Jesters
10)Outlaws

Not that this ranking has any meaning but, can I ask why the gladiators are placed above Black or TB?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams are invited based on past performance...as they say in the investment world "Past results are not indicative of future performance". Invites go out well before the Summer tournament season. The fact the Terps were invited is based upon LI Express' Terp results in years past...this year has been a let down for the team..I am sure they will bounce back...turn that frown upside down.

So therefore you are saying that none of the teams other than the turtles, True Blue and terps were deemed worthy for YG based on past performane....to continue ....and what have any of the teams listed above the Terps and True Blue done this season to warrent their new positions? .....Therefore me thinks this new list is severly flawed ....would you not Agree????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please itemize the accomplishments of Team 91 and the Gladiators this year which would cause them to move up in this listing of teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) Turtles
2) Team 91
3) Gladiators
4) Terps (Black)
5) True Blue
6) fl$
7) Terps
8) Garden City 17
9) Jesters
10)Outlaws

Not that this ranking has any meaning but, can I ask why the gladiators are placed above Black or TB?

Just want everyone to know that some crazy parent has hijacked the Long Island rankings. This list is not based on the original criteria. Win and you move up, lose and you move down??? And is not from the same person that started it. Good luck with these bias rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 won, fl$ won, Gladiators lost in a final...Turtles idle...what is missing here? Terps Black go down and a father gets peeved?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 and Gladiators clearly do not belong on the list in its latest form. Neither has played in or been invited to higher level tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 won, fl$ won, Gladiators lost in a final...Turtles idle...what is missing here? Terps Black go down and a father gets peeved?

91 won where??? fl$ won where??? Gladiators lost where?? C'mon MANNN. Lets try and keep it real.

Like Reply Quote
Page 62 of 69 1 2 60 61 62 63 64 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard