BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 57 of 257 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 256 257
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Process this one....Bored MD Dad is actually a Madlax parent.

Anyone with that much reasoning or knowledge would never let their son play for that coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Process this one....Bored MD Dad is actually a Madlax parent.

Definitely a Hawks parent. But whatever…. He’s accurate and legit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone should start an annual DMV vs LI challenge tournament. Like the ACC/Big Ten challenge.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone should start an annual DMV vs LI challenge tournament. Like the ACC/Big Ten challenge.

I often thought the same thing. Would be a fun event. We should just rent out Blandair ourselves and invite the teams. I wonder how much the going rate for a weekend day at Blandair is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I often thought the same thing. Would be a fun event. We should just rent out Blandair ourselves and invite the teams. I wonder how much the going rate for a weekend day at Blandair is?

Champions trophy consists of a Crab fighting Billy Joel.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First Annual Bored MD Dad Invitational

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both regions bring 6 or so teams and play 3 games round Robin. Assign points for a win and at the end crown a winner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Champions trophy consists of a Crab fighting Billy Joel.

Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You all travel to the Island

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to. Have someone set it up.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would anyone want to travel to NYC's armpit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rotate locations and LI can have first crack. Do it over Memorial Day or just after school let’s out. LI families host MD families. Flip it to the next year where MD hosts. We did this with Canadian teams back in the day and great memories. Only catch is that clubs can’t line their pockets so it would never happen in today’s game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Someone should start an annual DMV vs LI challenge tournament. Like the ACC/Big Ten challenge.

Would love to. Have someone set it up.[/quote

The Hawks v Venom game was for home field advantage Anthony. When you beat us, we’ll come to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rotate locations and LI can have first crack. Do it over Memorial Day or just after school let’s out. LI families host MD families. Flip it to the next year where MD hosts. We did this with Canadian teams back in the day and great memories. Only catch is that clubs can’t line their pockets so it would never happen in today’s game.

It would be great for the boys. My hockey team growing up did that with the boys from cape Ann Mass.

Could never do something solely for the benefit of the boys though. Shame.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone would have to pay for it so *someone* would need to be in charge of organizing and the admin whatnot. And this is where it would fall apart of course because adults.

But it would be extremely memorable and something to look forward too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We could make this happen….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a great idea— someone with no skin in the game, no grudge, no bias against other clubs. Just invite the top 4 from each and have at it. The kids would love it, the parents would love it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True, but aren’t the parents the paying “customers?” If someone, or a group of parents put this on the map, parents ought to be able to press for something. Fun to dream, anyway…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As much as I laugh at all the vitriol on this site, this should be more representative of this board. Then, when the DMV teams run roughshod over the NY teams next May, we can get back to trash talking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I suppose it’s technically not impossible but unless it was held in someone’s backyard there would be an insurance issue which might stop everything at step 0.

Unless someone has a connection with US Lacrosse that is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I suppose it’s technically not impossible but unless it was held in someone’s backyard there would be an insurance issue which might stop everything at step 0.

We should contact US Lacrosse. Use their field….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Insurance for events like this pretty inexpensive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a great idea— someone with no skin in the game, no grudge, no bias against other clubs. Just invite the top 4 from each and have at it. The kids would love it, the parents would love it.

Best Clubs would bring in players to beef their teams up. Lacrosse Club is a huge mess now with No age, different rosters constantly, ... The Clubs are ruining the game, but what else you going to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who has different rosters constantly?

There are 900 problems with club lacrosse but as I see it that in particular is low on the list.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are 900 problems with club lacrosse but as I see it that in particular is low on the list.

Problem 1-899 birth year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might want to come out and join the rest of the world. Adding a player or even a few players is common at many tournaments for many top clubs. If you think that isnt going on, dont know what else to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Might want to come out and join the rest of the world. Adding a player or even a few players is common at many tournaments for many top clubs. If you think that isnt going on, dont know what else to say.

Like who?

My kid plays and has played for a “top club” (whatever that means) and has never done it.

Who and and what tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like who?

My kid plays and has played for a “top club” (whatever that means) and has never done it.

Madlax prob the only one who will move kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like who?

Madlax prob the only one who will move kids.

ML, True, and Nationals are each notorious for this, and that is the basis over a current federal lawsuit between the three parties lol.

Low level clubs like Swarm, Rockfish and Breakers do this too, but it's solving a different problem - need more bodies because rostered kids/families are not super dedicated to club lax especially the always last minute changes to tourney schedules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like 7 teams for Elite 6:
SWLX Bandits - Sidewinders
Shore Boys - Hawks and FCA
East Coast - Hawks and FCA
White Oak - Hawks and FCA
Baltimore Elite - ?
Coastal Lax - ?
Crease Crankers - ?

Anyone know who the let 3 are?
Should be a fun format for the boys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First Annual Bored MD Dad Invitational

I like it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like who?

You really dont think it goes on ?? LOL.. And you dont know what a " top club " means ??? D1 is not in the cards for your kid. Look above, Several posters got it right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like who?

You really dont think it goes on ?? LOL.. And you dont know what a " top club " means ??? D1 is not in the cards for your kid. Look above, Several posters got it right.

Follow me here buddy. I’ll go slowly.

This started by talking about the top teams from the DMV (Hawks, ML, NL, FCA and whoever else) playing the top teams from LI.

1. Madlax has certainly pulled roster shadiness in the past - but the only way your point makes sense is if you postulate the Capital team will pull up kids from the DMV team. That won’t happen. They could fly in a kid from Texas, I guess. I put nothing past their coach but I don’t see it for this hypothetical.

2. True Annapolis to my knowledge has never done this. The rest of the True teams are out of scope for what we were talking about.

3. No one cares about Nationals - again this is about DMV VS LI.

Swarm, Breakers and the like - they do what they have to do. They wouldn’t be in this anyway.

Are you still confused?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Elite - ?
Coastal Lax - ?
Crease Crankers - ?

Why are Hawks and FCA blending teams ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Elite - ?
Coastal Lax - ?
Crease Crankers - ?

This is a sixes tournament with no poles and small rosters. It is outside of the scope of regular club and is basically a lacrosse version of pickup basketball or a camp. It should be fun and sounds like a positive for some blending of players without any club team baggage. Unlike other years, the kids and many of the parents know each other and get along so this is not as weird as it may look at first blush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like who?

This started by talking about the top teams from the DMV (Hawks, ML, NL, FCA and whoever else) playing the top teams from LI.

1. Madlax has certainly pulled roster shadiness in the past - but the only way your point makes sense is if you postulate the Capital team will pull up kids from the DMV team. That won’t happen. They could fly in a kid from Texas, I guess. I put nothing past their coach but I don’t see it for this hypothetical.

2. True Annapolis to my knowledge has never done this. The rest of the True teams are out of scope for what we were talking about.

Swarm, Breakers and the like - they do what they have to do. They wouldn’t be in this anyway.

Are you still confused?

They literally do fly a kid in from Texas at times, in addition to the 13-year-old who comes up from Richmond.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Elite - ?
Coastal Lax - ?
Crease Crankers - ?

Because nobody wanted to blend with MadLax smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Elite - ?
Coastal Lax - ?
Crease Crankers - ?

Those teams were set up by different groups of parents, not some team wide set up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like who?

Are you still confused?

They literally do fly a kid in from Texas at times, in addition to the 13-year-old who comes up from Richmond.

My son has played for the Hawks for a long time, they have never had a guest player in all they years we’ve been here. There was a kid from Texas who was at tryouts, some fall and spring and all of summer last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
interesting to see there is a Hawks/FCA lovefest apparently

Like Reply Quote
Page 57 of 257 1 2 55 56 57 58 59 256 257
Quick Reply