BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 45 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45
Re: 2020-2021 Women's College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ever put this list together doesn't watch much lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gtown coach was USA coach before the new staff. That job takes a ton of time as HC. This takes away from other responsibilities, mostly because of lack of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Gtown coach was USA coach before the new staff. That job takes a ton of time as HC. This takes away from other responsibilities, mostly because of lack of time.

Stop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop.

So, I guess we can expect North Carolina to drop out of the Top 20.

No, UNC will not miss a beat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who ever put this list together doesn't watch much lacrosse

These are arguably the best programs and certainly some of the best coaches. All but Navy finish the season ranked in the Top 20 just about every year and many in finish in the Top 10 every year. Countless Final Four appearances, championship games and National Championships... although Navy is not Top 20 consistently they have gone to the Final Four recently and also finished in the top 10 recently and they have the most successful coach in the history of the sport. The only traditional top 10 - 20 program not on that list of schools is Stony Brook.

I think the coaches at the best programs know how to identify talent... and they seem to agree with Inside Lacrosse.

6 - Maryland
4 - Virginia
4 - Duke
3 - Boston College
3 - Princeton
3 - Stanford
3 - North Carolina
2 - Florida
2 - Northwestern
2 - USC
2 - Loyola
2 - Notre Dame
2 - JMU
1 - Syracuse
1 - Penn State
1 - Penn
1 - Hopkins
1 - Navy

Every time there is a list, team or ranking someone attempts to discredit it or knock the players named. The reality is that the majority of players who are named usually go to the best college programs and do very well. If these lists are not valid, why do these programs consistently outperform all other programs? Where do all of the players that you must believe to be better than the ones who get ranked go to school and why are those programs not doing better than the schools listed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Service Academy is 2nd to none. Those girls playing at Navy are the best of the best and deserve EVERONES praise and admiration. After that, tough to throw stones at a degree from ND, BC, Stanford and the like but if you are sending your kid to ACME college with an 800 SAT requirement because she got a few bucks from a coach you are CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY

I don’t know if it’s jealousy or what but there are always haters trying to knock players, schools, programs etc…. I guess it’s some kind of defense mechanism.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Service Academy is 2nd to none. Those girls playing at Navy are the best of the best and deserve EVERONES praise and admiration. After that, tough to throw stones at a degree from ND, BC, Stanford and the like but if you are sending your kid to ACME college with an 800 SAT requirement because she got a few bucks from a coach you are CRAZY CRAZY CRAZY

I don’t know if it’s jealousy or what but there are always haters trying to knock players, schools, programs etc…. I guess it’s some kind of defense mechanism.

kid playing at apex tech in kalamazoo is she?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mostly the Usual suspects but nice to see Clemson getting off to a good start as well as Dartmouth picking up a couple and Va Tech too.

I think Clemson will hit the ground running in 2023 and Dartmouth could compete with Penn and Princeton for an Ivy League Championship in 2022.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And how are we judging talent?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently judged from the IL experience. I don't recall any IL staff members walking around the summer or fall tournaments and taking notes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently judged from the IL experience. I don't recall any IL staff members walking around the summer or fall tournaments and taking notes.
They are partnered with alot of camps and events throughout the year. they basically get unlimited film. They send scouts when and where they can. Its expensive and covid didn't help so obviously they wont be everywhere "walking around taking notes" They talk to coaches. and they have their own events where they watch these girls up close. Their team has expanded significantly recently so they have more people working for them directly and indirectly. they do the best they can. and tbh i find their rankings to be pretty accurate overall. They are no different than any other recruting service out there so idk why people feel the need to take shots simply because their daughter wasn't ranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are partnered with alot of camps and events throughout the year. they basically get unlimited film. They send scouts when and where they can. Its expensive and covid didn't help so obviously they wont be everywhere "walking around taking notes" They talk to coaches. and they have their own events where they watch these girls up close. Their team has expanded significantly recently so they have more people working for them directly and indirectly. they do the best they can. and tbh i find their rankings to be pretty accurate overall. They are no different than any other recruting service out there so idk why people feel the need to take shots simply because their daughter wasn't ranked.

“because their daughter wasn't ranked.”

That’s why the delusional parents try to tear down and diminish the players and the rankings.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently? Why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently? Why?

there wasn’t anyone evaluating at IL experience either…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently? Why?

Yes there was.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently? Why?

Yes there was.

No my daughter played in the event. Didn’t see one evaluator there unless the coaches did it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alyssa Cometti is the person that evaluated the event. I believe she may of only watched half a game of each team live but all games were recorded. Also not all the ranked players played in the event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently? Why?

Yes there was.

No my daughter played in the event. Didn’t see one evaluator there unless the coaches did it.

Some of you are nuts… do you walk around looking to see if someone is evaluating? IL has done a great job over the years with their Player Rankings. In most cases the college coaches from the most successful programs seem to agree with IL because in most cases the players who get ranked in the top 40 go to the best programs and most do very well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alyssa Cometti is the person that evaluated the event. I believe she may of only watched half a game of each team live but all games were recorded. Also not all the ranked players played in the event.

She also had her Cuse comrades there who were useless. Was definitely a money grab. Not a well organized event. And I don’t have sour grapes. My daughter played well and was recognized. We wouldn’t have done it, but my daughter insisted. A shame lax is such a $$$ entitled sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She also had her Cuse comrades there who were useless. Was definitely a money grab. Not a well organized event. And I don’t have sour grapes. My daughter played well and was recognized. We wouldn’t have done it, but my daughter insisted. A shame lax is such a $$$ entitled sport.

Football is probably the only sport that isn’t a $$$ entitled spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most coaches will tell you it doesn’t take them very long to evaluate a players athleticism and ability. The coaches, especially the ones from the better programs can tell in less than a minute.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most coaches will tell you it doesn’t take them very long to evaluate a players athleticism and ability. The coaches, especially the ones from the better programs can tell in less than a minute.

If they are deciding on a recruit in a minute, then that fully explains how so many kids get overlooked and why so many kids who are hyped fizzle out. Yes they do get some right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they are deciding on a recruit in a minute, then that fully explains how so many kids get overlooked and why so many kids who are hyped fizzle out. Yes they do get some right.

The post did not say that: "they are deciding on a recruit in a minute" it stated: "it doesn’t take them very long to evaluate a players athleticism and ability" and "The coaches, especially the ones from the better programs can tell in less than a minute".

Who they decide to recruit is something totally different, i.e. the coach may see that the player is fast enough, athletic enough and has good skill but happens to be lazy, selfish, has a low lacrosse IQ, bad attitude or whatever.

Your premise that "so many kids are overlooked" or "fizzle out" is simply not reality, not many kids are overlooked and not many fizzle out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They get some right?? They get a lot more than some right, they get most right.

No coach gets all of their top recruits, not UNC, not BC, Not MD, not Northwestern, not Princeton, not ND, not Stanford, not UVA, not Florida, not Penn, not Syracuse. No Coach gets all of their top ranked/prioritized recruits. However, collectively they do not miss many. Do you actually believe that there are a lot of players who slip through the cracks and get overlooked? It doesn’t happen very often.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No coach gets all of their top recruits, not UNC, not BC, Not MD, not Northwestern, not Princeton, not ND, not Stanford, not UVA, not Florida, not Penn, not Syracuse. No Coach gets all of their top ranked/prioritized recruits. However, collectively they do not miss many. Do you actually believe that there are a lot of players who slip through the cracks and get overlooked? It doesn’t happen very often.

Yes I do believe that the top programs recruit players every year that sit the bench for 3-4 years and there are some players that are overlooked and do very well at programs not in the Top 20. If you can get the top top talent then it is fine that most of your recruiting class doesn't pan out. I do not think many top players get overlooked - no. I think it is more common that overhyped kids don't do well at top programs. Just what I've seen after going through it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre​​season Poll

1. Boston College
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse
4. Northwestern
5. Stony Brook
6. Maryland
7. Notre Dame
8. Duke
9. Loyola
10. Florida
11. Virginia
12. James Madison
13. Princeton
14. Stanford
15. Denver
16. Rutgers
17. Drexel
18. Jacksonville
19. UConn
20. Penn

Just about all of the usual suspects….
Some newcomers in Rutgers, Drexel, Jacksonville,
And UConn…. Let’s see how they do, my guess is Rutgers will be the only one out of the 4 to be ranked in the Top 20 at the end of the season.

Syracuse too high…
Stony Brook too high…
Maryland too low…
Loyola a little high…
Princeton too low…
Denver a little low….
Rutgers a little low…
Penn to low…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes I do believe that the top programs recruit players every year that sit the bench for 3-4 years and there are some players that are overlooked and do very well at programs not in the Top 20. If you can get the top top talent then it is fine that most of your recruiting class doesn't pan out. I do not think many top players get overlooked - no. I think it is more common that overhyped kids don't do well at top programs. Just what I've seen after going through it.

Of course there are players at the top programs who sit the bench, there are 30-40 players on the roster and most coaches only play 13 - 15 players in competitive games. Not everyone will see meaningful playing time and that is true at every program. Just because a player is doing well at a middle of the pack or weak program does not mean that the player was overlooked. It is much more difficult to get on the field at a top 10 - 20 program than it is to get on the field at a program that rarely if ever finishes the year in the top 20. Alyssa Parella and Erica Evans are the exception, not the rule, there are not many like them running around out there. There are many players at the top programs who you would say “didn’t pan out” that would walk right on to teams that are not traditional Top 20 teams and start and be one of the best players on the team. Case in point two Maryland players who saw very limited playing time during their 4 years with The Terps played their final year at Towson and I believe started every game and were two of Towson’s better players. Towson is a very good program BTW not a traditional top 20 but they do finish in the top 20 every few years , they are not middle of the road.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre​​season Poll

1. Boston College
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse
4. Northwestern
5. Stony Brook
6. Maryland
7. Notre Dame
8. Duke
9. Loyola
10. Florida
11. Virginia
12. James Madison
13. Princeton
14. Stanford
15. Denver
16. Rutgers
17. Drexel
18. Jacksonville
19. UConn
20. Penn

And UConn…. Let’s see how they do, my guess is Rutgers will be the only one out of the 4 to be ranked in the Top 20 at the end of the season.

Syracuse too high…
Stony Brook too high…
Maryland too low…
Loyola a little high…
Princeton too low…
Denver a little low….
Rutgers a little low…
Penn to low…

Michigan will finish in the Top 20, doubtful that ND or Duke finish Top 10.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course there are players at the top programs who sit the bench, there are 30-40 players on the roster and most coaches only play 13 - 15 players in competitive games. Not everyone will see meaningful playing time and that is true at every program. Just because a player is doing well at a middle of the pack or weak program does not mean that the player was overlooked. It is much more difficult to get on the field at a top 10 - 20 program than it is to get on the field at a program that rarely if ever finishes the year in the top 20. Alyssa Parella and Erica Evans are the exception, not the rule, there are not many like them running around out there. There are many players at the top programs who you would say “didn’t pan out” that would walk right on to teams that are not traditional Top 20 teams and start and be one of the best players on the team. Case in point two Maryland players who saw very limited playing time during their 4 years with The Terps played their final year at Towson and I believe started every game and were two of Towson’s better players. Towson is a very good program BTW not a traditional top 20 but they do finish in the top 20 every few years , they are not middle of the road.

This is a great response and said perfectly....well done

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club Lacrosse has a very limited pool of players, not many players get overlooked especially if the player is from a hot bed area such as Long Island. College coaches have the ability to watch just about all of the players play, it is rare that all of the coaches at the stronger programs will overlook a very strong player. Many parents will never admit this but it is reality. If a player does not play for a top club team it will be harder for that player but if the player can get in front of college coaches she most likely will not be overlooked if she is truly one of the stronger athletes/players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe this to be true. I also agree that the college coaches do an excellent job identifying talent and very little of the talented players fall through the cracks in recruiting. On the flip side, there are definitely players that slip through the cracks during the travel lacrosse, lead into college process as it pertains to these rankings, lists etc.... Contrary to what many people believe, the "select teams" and "select lists" etc... that exist in every state, every region and nationally, are extremely political. You have so many coaches, directors, parents etc... pushing agendas, pulling favors, swinging power. So many people, so heavily and overly involved in the selection process for these things. Yet, for the most part the lists, teams, do reflect most of the best players. But this is where you will see some players fall through the cracks, but luckily it really doesn't matter because it is a system of checks and balances, so long as a player is recognized in recruiting. And yes, there are also a few players that get hyped up because of the "lists" and "teams" pushed through or over-inflated from the politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I believe this to be true. I also agree that the college coaches do an excellent job identifying talent and very little of the talented players fall through the cracks in recruiting. On the flip side, there are definitely players that slip through the cracks during the travel lacrosse, lead into college process as it pertains to these rankings, lists etc.... Contrary to what many people believe, the "select teams" and "select lists" etc... that exist in every state, every region and nationally, are extremely political. You have so many coaches, directors, parents etc... pushing agendas, pulling favors, swinging power. So many people, so heavily and overly involved in the selection process for these things. Yet, for the most part the lists, teams, do reflect most of the best players. But this is where you will see some players fall through the cracks, but luckily it really doesn't matter because it is a system of checks and balances, so long as a player is recognized in recruiting. And yes, there are also a few players that get hyped up because of the "lists" and "teams" pushed through or over-inflated from the politics.

Politics play a roll in life . But the fact remains there just aren’t that many “deserving” players who do not make the “select teams”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This. There are definitely awesome players that slip through the cracks. Which is understandable. These rankings are never meant to be perfect. no ranking ever is in anything. What annoys me is this constant annoying narrative from some parents that cry and call IL's rankings trash or garbage or meaningless because their daughter wasn't ranked. Then they point to a few rare cases where an underrated player rose to stardom and use that as justification but ignore all the highly ranked players who are constantly running and dominating D1 college lacrosse as solid to star players in their respective programs. which is the case 90% of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clubs have their reputations to protect as well. They aren’t pushing through players as “the best” , if they are not. They will not hype undeserving players to colleges for favors. It’s their clubs reputation on the line

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clubs have their reputations to protect as well. They aren’t pushing through players as “the best” , if they are not. They will not hype undeserving players to colleges for favors. It’s their clubs reputation on the line[/quote]

——————————————————————————

College coaches watch players with their own eyes, they evaluate the players and then make decisions on which players they are going to make offers to based on their assessment.

There are 10 to 15 college programs that consistently outperform the other 100 or so programs. Why is that? It is because they consistently bring in better players than the rest of the programs. These teams usually bring in 7 - 9 recruits per year, they don’t bring in players because they are “hyped” or because a club “pushed” the player, they bring the player in because they believe the player can help their team compete/win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pre​​season Poll

1. Boston College
2. North Carolina
3. Syracuse
4. Northwestern
5. Stony Brook
6. Maryland
7. Notre Dame
8. Duke
9. Loyola
10. Florida
11. Virginia
12. James Madison
13. Princeton
14. Stanford
15. Denver
16. Rutgers
17. Drexel
18. Jacksonville
19. UConn
20. Penn

Syracuse too high…
Stony Brook too high…
Maryland too low…
Loyola a little high…
Princeton too low…
Denver a little low….
Rutgers a little low…
Penn to low…

Happy New Year!

The more I look at this the more the more I think BC and North Carolina are the only locks to make the Final Four.

Good luck to all!

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 45 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 45
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard