BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,688
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 69 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
fl$ needs to play in stronger tournaments to gain respect.

The NXT cup was a very good tournament, and fl$ won it! They beat some good teams to do it, so stop with your nonsense.

Young guns was th eplace to be that weekend.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NXT cup was a very good tournament, and fl$ won it! They beat some good teams to do it, so stop with your nonsense.

Young guns was th eplace to be that weekend.

How is the competition coming up in Maryland next weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like who? All the top teams were down in Maryland.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your team hasn't won a tourney in some time. Otherwise, why be so defensive? Huh?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, sounds like his son was cut off of the fl$ team last fall. Why else would he care?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was mostly out of state teams. 3D Colorado was there who is very good, Philly Fever, STEPS, Jesters, Trashcan, Titanium Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, the Bandits were there who beat the Terps Black earlier this season.

Just because they arent from Long Island doesnt mean they arent a top team.

It was a good, competitive tournament and a good win for fl$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1000% money grab!!
if two rising 9th graders are recruited, it would be a lot...

next years if your son is ready for the spotlight... go
2 rising 9th graders a lot? Thought all the Turtles were already making committments to schools?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually, sounds like his son was cut off of the fl$ team last fall. Why else would he care?

nah.there's a lot of parents unhappy with the whole fl$ experience.Some people feel Its just a big scam.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

nah.there's a lot of parents unhappy with the whole fl$ experience.Some people feel Its just a big scam.

Boy is that the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it is just arrogant fl$ parents like you who think your team is better than it really is. fl$ has not beaten any top teams from Long Island. Almost seem like you are ducking the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe it is just arrogant fl$ parents like you who think your team is better than it really is. fl$ has not beaten any top teams from Long Island. Almost seem like you are ducking the top teams.

They have to Duck. They have kids that probably don't belong on some of their teams. Some teams show more favoritism than others at try-out time. So what about the exorbitant try-out fee! Dopey parents, what do they know....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what about the exorbitant try-out fee! Dopey parents, what do they know....

Express and 91 also charge ridiculous try out fees! And they too show a ton of favoritism at try outs when it comes to their A teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I believe there should be a fee for tryouts (field costs, coaches time, not to mention offsetting the overall cost of the program...after all club lacrosse is a business)...I do think that a $125 fee is eggregious. In Maryland most fees run $25-$50 (Crabs doesn't charge for U13 or U15)...anything more and those running the clubs are looking to line their pockets. Worse is when a team charges for tryouts, has 50-100 players show up and in reality already pre-picked many players...Breakers in Baltimore is notorious for this..transparency is key...love them or hate them but the Crab program has the most transparency at the club level

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I believe there should be a fee for tryouts (field costs, coaches time, not to mention offsetting the overall cost of the program...after all club lacrosse is a business)...I do think that a $125 fee is eggregious. In Maryland most fees run $25-$50 (Crabs doesn't charge for U13 or U15)...anything more and those running the clubs are looking to line their pockets. Worse is when a team charges for tryouts, has 50-100 players show up and in reality already pre-picked many players...Breakers in Baltimore is notorious for this..transparency is key...love them or hate them but the Crab program has the most transparency at the club level

All the "major" LI clubs are guilty of this too. fl$ and 91 make a fortune off tryouts, for teams that are already picked. It is a shameful money grab. At least Express will find a place for your son to play if he is a B/C level player (but know that you'll end up paying big fees which in the end support the finances of their A teams).

Any team charging more than $40 for a tryout is picking your pocket!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree! $40 is a fair try out fee.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please tell me which teams on LI charges $40. The typical fee I've seen is around $100. While I might agree that $40 would be a nice fee to pay, I think it's somewhat under costs. My back of the envelope calculation for running a three hour tryout for 100 atheletes is about $7,500 or $75 per athlete (includes fields, evaluators, administrators, pinnies, etc.). A 33% is a nice margin, but not obscene. If the tryout involves two three hour sessions, costs go up and you bite into margins.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really? Now you guys are on tryout fees. Unbelievable!!! Everyone is entitled to make money. Parents spend thousands every weekend for tournaments. Tournament organizers make millions on tournaments. It's all about $$$. It's a business. And you guys are crying over tryout fees. Just stop already!!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Please tell me which teams on LI charges $40. The typical fee I've seen is around $100. While I might agree that $40 would be a nice fee to pay, I think it's somewhat under costs. My back of the envelope calculation for running a three hour tryout for 100 atheletes is about $7,500 or $75 per athlete (includes fields, evaluators, administrators, pinnies, etc.). A 33% is a nice margin, but not obscene. If the tryout involves two three hour sessions, costs go up and you bite into margins.
Based on the tryouts that were carried last September in the BOTC Newsletter (Volume 2, Number 1), these were the tryout prices :

$55.00
$75.00
$100.00
$50.00
$65.00
$45.00
$60.00
$40.00
$60.00
$75.00
$50.00
$75.00
$40.00
$100.00
$30.00
$50.00
$25.00
$55.00
$40.00

Some tryouts included multiple sessions and multiple training opportunities in addition to the actual tryout. This list represents a combination of both boys and girls programs with the most expensive and least expensive (free) removed from the list for each gender.

The average price here is $57.37 per club tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the good teams were at Young Guns last week. The Bandits team that beat the Terps (actually Terps won but winning goal was called off Soviet Union circa 1972 Olympics style) was full of kids from the Dukes that day. Those same kids played for the Dukes who won the whole thing. So yes Kudos to fl$ for winning but it was against the second tier. Terps will play anyone and fl$ should try to get a private game against them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would anyone hate the Crabs? Envy is probably more like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ completely dominated the Outlaws Back Again at NXT in Philly. That's twice now. Your ranking are way off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After pool play at Tri State the Jesters black team was winless in 5 games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ completely dominated the Outlaws Back Again at NXT in Philly. That's twice now. Your ranking are way off.

Who has the MOST EXPENSIVE try-out fee??? UM, I THINK IT's F L G........Um, 125.00$....... DISGUSTING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boy is that the truth.
sounds like none of the parents are happy with any of the teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At New Jersey Shootout, Terps + 6-7 Terps Black players won 1 game this weekend. Lost to Leading Edge, STEPS, and 1 other. True Blue beat Patriot by 3 and STEPS by 3, good games. True Blue made it to the final vs. Leading Edge, nut sure who won.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of us are very happy with the fl$ program. No program is perfect but overall we like the philosophy, coaching, boys and their parents.

As for the maniac that keeps crying about the $125 tryout fee, you should realize that a portion of ALL fl$ fees and tuition goes towards charity including the founding and funding of the Roosevelt PAL program, providing meals to underprivileged families during the holidays, and growing the game through their "lax for all" foundation. Seriously buddy, give it a rest.

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
Actually,
like his son was cut off of the fl$ team last fall. Why else would he care?

Boy is that the truth.

Boy is that the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Plenty of us are very happy with the fl$ program. No program is perfect but overall we like the philosophy, coaching, boys and their parents.

As for the maniac that keeps crying about the $125 tryout fee, you should realize that a portion of ALL fl$ fees and tuition goes towards charity including the founding and funding of the Roosevelt PAL program, providing meals to underprivileged families during the holidays, and growing the game through their "lax for all" foundation. Seriously buddy, give it a rest.

Wow, I didn't know that. What nice guys you are! Donating our try-out fees to charities of YOUR choice for us! I feel so much better now.
Tell me, answer 2 questions , Why aren't you up front with parents ? How bout' telling us how many positions are available on a given team? You won't...Out of the hundreds of "NEW" kids @(oh, I'm sorry, you don't want me to mention your fee) that tried out last fall, HOW MANY ACTUALLY MADE ONE OF YOUR TEAMS??? Year over year, how many new kids percentage wise are kids that JUST tried out?You're not going to tell us, will you?
And please, stop repeating how all teams behave like this.

Actually,

Boy is that the truth.

Boy is that the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually,

Boy is that the truth.

Boy is that the truth.m

MW loves to take credit for Roosevelt lax. The truth is that Charlie Russo and the LI Metropolitan Lacrosse Foundation are behind the start of the program that exists today.

Plenty of other programs give to charity and do charitable events. Just maybe, your two biggest charities are two families behind fl$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gotta call my tax guy. maybe i can get a write off for my kids tryout fee. who knew F L $ was so GIVING

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At New Jersey Shootout, Terps + 6-7 Terps Black players won 1 game this weekend. Lost to Leading Edge, STEPS, and 1 other. True Blue beat Patriot by 3 and STEPS by 3, good games. True Blue made it to the final vs. Leading Edge, nut sure who won.

This is where lie maybe does an injustice for these kids. Winning one game should not be acceptable, period. I REALLY think there is a problem with the structure of terps black and terps. These kids/parents are being mislead with the NAME of being associated with BLACK. If the player is truly of a higher caliber, then why would they bother playing on the lower level? Everyone knows and saw what happened last weekend when the original non-black players were in. Wasn't pretty. Some blk players may be getting frustrated with this structure. Granted that last weekend was extremely hot and needed subs, but come on!!, these kids, the same ones that played this weekend, should concentrate on skills and play on their own level, instead of pretending they are better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, I didn't know that. What nice guys you are! Donating our try-out fees to charities of YOUR choice for us! I feel so much better now.
Tell me, answer 2 questions , Why aren't you up front with parents ? How bout' telling us how many positions are available on a given team? You won't...Out of the hundreds of "NEW" kids @(oh, I'm sorry, you don't want me to mention your fee) that tried out last fall, HOW MANY ACTUALLY MADE ONE OF YOUR TEAMS??? Year over year, how many new kids percentage wise are kids that JUST tried out?You're not going to tell us, will you?
And please, stop repeating how all teams behave like this.

got a feeling they should have chose a couple of athletically deserving kids last fall instead of f l g lite kids. mw wouldn't be hearing this crap

Actually,

Boy is that the truth.

Boy is that the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong! Jesters ended up 1-3 in pool play. The Friday night game was cancelled. They ended up as the 6th seed and playing the Gladiators in the Quarterfinals. Very hard fought and well played game, the Gladiators ended up winning 7-6. I think anyone that watched the game would agree that it was all that youth sports should be about, the kids played their hearts out and left everything on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip Rising Freshman Camp this Wednesday-Friday at UMBC. A lot of kids form LI, NJ, CT, MD and all over the country going. Should be a good experience for the boys, although it is supposed to be 100 degrees each day when they are there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong! Jesters ended up 1-3 in pool play. The Friday night game was cancelled. They ended up as the 6th seed and playing the Gladiators in the Quarterfinals. Very hard fought and well played game, the Gladiators ended up winning 7-6. I think anyone that watched the game would agree that it was all that youth sports should be about, the kids played their hearts out and left everything on the field.

According to the standings that Cage posted on the Tri State thread the Jester Black was 0-2-3 in pool play! That means they were winless in 5 games like the first poster said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone advise where to get the best bang for the buck re. tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I gotta call my tax guy. maybe i can get a write off for my kids tryout fee. who knew F L $ was so GIVING

Are tryout fees tax deductible?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to the standings that Cage posted on the Tri State thread the Jester Black was 0-2-3 in pool play! That means they were winless in 5 games like the first poster said.

The other Jesters 2017 team was also winless in 5 games of pool play. Ridiculously overpriced organization!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
all the good teams were at Young Guns last week. The Bandits team that beat the Terps (actually Terps won but winning goal was called off Soviet Union circa 1972 Olympics style) was full of kids from the Dukes that day. Those same kids played for the Dukes who won the whole thing. So yes Kudos to fl$ for winning but it was against the second tier. Terps will play anyone and fl$ should try to get a private game against them.

Oh, there was an excuse as to why the Terps lost again? Suprising...NOT!! Maybe the Terps should try the "second Tier"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other Jesters 2017 team was also winless in 5 games of pool play. Ridiculously overpriced organization!

Well, 2018 Jesters went undefeated in pool play and nearly knocked off 91 white in the championship. Other younger teams did well also. Not a bad showing for said organization...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So take notes because it seems that your a little ignorant of the facts. Jesters 2017 Black was scheduled to play 5 games, one on Friday night and 4 on Saturday. Because of the weather the Friday night games were cancelled. The Jesters ended up getting in two games on Saturday, which they did lose. The following two games on Saturday were cancelled due to weather. The Tournament decided to give ties for all the games that were cancelled. They did reschedule Saturdays games for Sunday morning, so the Jesters ended playing the 2 games on Sunday. They lost one in overtime and they won the 2nd game. They ended playing the Gladiators in the playoffs and after a great lacrosse game lost by a goal and were eliminated. So their final record was 1-4-1 including the tie given for the cancelled Friday night game. If youre still confused I can draw you a diagram of you'd like or will you continue commenting on things you have no idea about? Jesters Black was a very competitive team at every tournament they played in...........

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 69 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard