BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 48 of 72 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 71 72
Re: Top Boy's Club Teams in New Jersey
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why are the Tri-State 2025s not attending any of these Tournaments? Do they have a team?

Word on the street is that their Director is DMing kids on instagram to see if they would want to leave their programs to go play for that team. Is that weird or is that a normal "business" practice?
That's the LE model. Copycat league.

Tri-state plays fewer of the “top tier” tournaments. They still go to some and do well, but they aren’t there all the time. Could be why their commits aren’t rolling in like BBls 2023… Other than the NLF super conference, BBL hits the same top tournaments as LE

Simply wrong, outside of the NLF tournaments....what is Tri State missing, they play Naptown and Crabfeast every year...that is "top tier"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are the Tri-State 2025s not attending any of these Tournaments? Do they have a team?

Word on the street is that their Director is DMing kids on instagram to see if they would want to leave their programs to go play for that team. Is that weird or is that a normal "business" practice?

Kids approach LE and actually jump ship. That’s the difference I guess.

Then they realize the mistake they made and quit their junior year…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tri-state plays fewer of the “top tier” tournaments. They still go to some and do well, but they aren’t there all the time. Could be why their commits aren’t rolling in like BBls 2023… Other than the NLF super conference, BBL hits the same top tournaments as LE

I am sure parents and players are not happy with the BBL 23 rolling pace but they got on the board finally with a top 20 college. Is the 23 class just weaker in NJ or transfer situation messing it up.

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha, "B" level players.

BBL is the top youth program in the state and it's not close. Look at US Club Lacrosse rankings. Look at their performance at the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. Look at the tournaments they go to and how they perform against the top clubs in the country. No other NJ club is in the conversation for best program 8th grade and below.

If you're talking HS club lacrosse, well then LE has been the top dog for sure, but the gap between them, Tri-State, BBL, and the rest appears to be closing. If BBL successfully holds onto their youth talent, they will be on par or pass LE at the HS level before too long.

Agreed with everything you say except the rankings. Rankings are all fluff and not perfect. Madlax and Mad Dog have like two teams in the top ten because they list national wheras both their regular team are essentially the national teams. US Club should probably take the National Teams out but True and Sweetlax would complain.

The "B" level comment is obviously somebody trolling for a reaction....no skin in the game, but I have seen the BBL 2024 team play, they are certainly not a B team...As for LE, I do agree that the gap is closing, but it will take some time to see how things play out with the 2023 class. I think that the talent at 2023 was a bit more spread out, so you will see good commits from a lot of clubs.

BBL is a mess. They are biting off more they can chew. Adding all these teams and not adding staff. They really don’t have their eye near the ball.

It comes down to is the team’s coach good no matter where you are with travel.

Problem is too many lacrosse programs and not enough decent coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hahaha, "B" level players.

BBL is the top youth program in the state and it's not close. Look at US Club Lacrosse rankings. Look at their performance at the World Series of Youth Lacrosse. Look at the tournaments they go to and how they perform against the top clubs in the country. No other NJ club is in the conversation for best program 8th grade and below.

If you're talking HS club lacrosse, well then LE has been the top dog for sure, but the gap between them, Tri-State, BBL, and the rest appears to be closing. If BBL successfully holds onto their youth talent, they will be on par or pass LE at the HS level before too long.

Agreed with everything you say except the rankings. Rankings are all fluff and not perfect. Madlax and Mad Dog have like two teams in the top ten because they list national wheras both their regular team are essentially the national teams. US Club should probably take the National Teams out but True and Sweetlax would complain.

The "B" level comment is obviously somebody trolling for a reaction....no skin in the game, but I have seen the BBL 2024 team play, they are certainly not a B team...As for LE, I do agree that the gap is closing, but it will take some time to see how things play out with the 2023 class. I think that the talent at 2023 was a bit more spread out, so you will see good commits from a lot of clubs.

BBL is a mess. They are biting off more they can chew. Adding all these teams and not adding staff. They really don’t have their eye near the ball.

It comes down to is the team’s coach good no matter where you are with travel.

Problem is too many lacrosse programs and not enough decent coaches.

I think your right on the fact that there are just way to many programs in NJ now and its diluting the long standing clubs. I also agree with you on the coaching thing. Each team should have a head coach who is the offensive coach and a full time defensive coach. Most clubs are skimping on the two coach thing. Likewise, the offensive coach has to know his players and how to get a good sub pattern going.

To the other point made in one of the threads, I believe as do a few of the people I speak with, that the 2023's as a whole just are not as deep as previous years. Although NJ as a whole will probably put 35-40 D1 between all the clubs when its all said and done. 2024 and 2025 is kind of where NJ takes a big leap forward with talent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure parents and players are not happy with the BBL 23 rolling pace but they got on the board finally with a top 20 college. Is the 23 class just weaker in NJ or transfer situation messing it up.[/quote]
little bit of both

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to understand when you go to LE that LE cares about their sophomore year class the Most each year. That season is so important to their marketing model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure parents and players are not happy with the BBL 23 rolling pace but they got on the board finally with a top 20 college. Is the 23 class just weaker in NJ or transfer situation messing it up.
little bit of both[/quote]

I mean.. BBL is rolling in commits as fast as Tri-State who was the “Top Dog” this summer… Their parents cant be happy about that.

Btw, I know it was discussed a while ago, but BBLs youth director did leave. I guess he still holds his title as “national” director but he moved from NJ. Plus WSYL is done so there goes BBLs youth push.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

little bit of both

I mean.. BBL is rolling in commits as fast as Tri-State who was the “Top Dog” this summer… Their parents cant be happy about that.

Btw, I know it was discussed a while ago, but BBLs youth director did leave. I guess he still holds his title as “national” director but he moved from NJ. Plus WSYL is done so there goes BBLs youth push.[/quote]

Yes, youth director started a leather goods company and moved to Denver and still trying to help out BBL on the side. BBL is a total mess in the midst of their growth goals. If your coach is good on BBL that is the most important thing but they need to hire like 3 people yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Truth. Club is massively overrated.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you cant make it in club lax you won’t make it in college. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you cant make it in club lax you won’t make it in college. Good luck.

Unless you play for a top tier nationally recognized high school program, club is pretty important. While I would imagine that there are exceptions, you would be hard pressed to find a non-club player being recruited from a high school that is not know to have a strong lacrosse program. I agree that in some respects the ability of a club to get a kid recruited can be somewhat over-hyped, no matter what club it is, your kid still has to stand out on their own. Once September 1 of junior year comes around, you have a much better perspective on how the process works, and how hard it is to get recruited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Fall Classic today, LE 2023 winless. 2024's went 1-3 in last place. Just reporting facts. Don't kill the messenger. Oh and Tristate did much better. No surprise here.
2023 played number 2,3 and 10 ranked teams. That said, the team has gone downhill over the past 11 months. Not sure if it's the addition of new players or losing players but they aren't even close to the same team.

LE 2023 is simply overrated and new players are there to fill the directors pockets with $$$. Buyer beware.

You may be confusing programs.

BBL needs those extra players to pay all the full time B level coaches that they have and that bubble rent. It’s why they are loaded with B level talent with the exception of each teams top 3 kids that they market all over the place and pump up as the poster boys.

Recruiting is an absolute disaster there too. We left last year. If you are not a top 3 player and want to get recruited, have your son play Tri-State, LE, or Riot. BBL high-school doesn’t hold a candle to those programs.

If you are going to try to make the point of a club program doing things for money, the only club in NJ that does such a thing would be BBL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Fall Classic today, LE 2023 winless. 2024's went 1-3 in last place. Just reporting facts. Don't kill the messenger. Oh and Tristate did much better. No surprise here.
2023 played number 2,3 and 10 ranked teams. That said, the team has gone downhill over the past 11 months. Not sure if it's the addition of new players or losing players but they aren't even close to the same team.

LE 2023 is simply overrated and new players are there to fill the directors pockets with $$$. Buyer beware.

BBL needs those extra players to pay all the full time B level coaches that they have and that bubble rent. It’s why they are loaded with B level talent with the exception of each teams top 3 kids that they market all over the place and pump up as the poster boys.

Recruiting is an absolute disaster there too. We left last year. If you are not a top 3 player and want to get recruited, have your son play Tri-State, LE, or Riot. BBL high-school doesn’t hold a candle to those programs.

If you are going to try to make the point of a club program doing things for money, the only club in NJ that does such a thing would be BBL.

My son is on Bbl and we stay because the offense coach is a great coach. That is the key on any team and any club. K to 8th to get 40 practices a year with bbl plus 8 to 10 tournaments a year keeps the stick in your son’s hands. We are not thinking recruiting at this time but that day will come and we may have to leave BBL if son’s goal is college lacrosse. D3 is fine fire me because of education those schools provide but my son has D1 dreams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son is on Bbl and we stay because the offense coach is a great coach. That is the key on any team and any club. K to 8th to get 40 practices a year with bbl plus 8 to 10 tournaments a year keeps the stick in your son’s hands. We are not thinking recruiting at this time but that day will come and we may have to leave BBL if son’s goal is college lacrosse. D3 is fine fire me because of education those schools provide but my son has D1 dreams.

Its been stated here many times, BBL's talent level begins at the 2024's and 2025's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I’m talking about Leading Edge who tells everyone that if you play there then you will get D1 offers. It’s simply BS. Maybe they used to but now it’s only about 30% who are top D1 level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all crazy, it has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the kid. Keep telling yourself that a club is going to get your son to a top D1 school. You might be lucky if he has good grades and is a great lacrosse player, if not make sure you know who the top D3 schools are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No I’m talking about Leading Edge who tells everyone that if you play there then you will get D1 offers. It’s simply BS. Maybe they used to but now it’s only about 30% who are top D1 level.
100% not true and actually the opposite. They are quick to tell you that you have a smart kid and he should look at D3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless you play for a top tier nationally recognized high school program, club is pretty important. While I would imagine that there are exceptions, you would be hard pressed to find a non-club player being recruited from a high school that is not know to have a strong lacrosse program. I agree that in some respects the ability of a club to get a kid recruited can be somewhat over-hyped, no matter what club it is, your kid still has to stand out on their own. Once September 1 of junior year comes around, you have a much better perspective on how the process works, and how hard it is to get recruited.[/quote]

Totally on point.....everyone should try to grasp this....the recruiting process stinks....the top 5 kids on every team goes off the board fast to the "bigger named schools." The directors help a little bit for the first 5 big names but its minimal because those are the kids the college coaches were asking the directors about in July when they couldn't talk to your kid...these are the big splash kids who your club will promote right away and throw on their websites about the signings.....then you start to realize that even though your a really good player you didn't make the big splash and your in the second and third tiers and not getting even a quarter of a scholarship...then you start looking at the lesser named schools and hopefully you were seen in the summer by them.....do your homework people....identify a few schools you think you can play at (not freshman or even sophomore year) and reach out to the coaches in May and June and tell them where your going to be this summer so they can watch you....just about every club in NJ does two of the big recruiting tourneys whether its the NAL, NLF, Naptown, Crabfeast or whatever else.

The NJ 2023's are in the second and third tier now and its difficult....as the dude said in the posts before 2023 NJ is a little lacking in overall depth....2024's have a pretty large group of D1 prospects and the 2025's look to be even bigger as they are developing into a sizeable class as well....enjoy the ride because it stinks in your recruiting year!!!!!!!! Only a handful of kids on your team will be committed early...look at the non big named colleges....they are all comparable now with parity at the college level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless you play for a top tier nationally recognized high school program, club is pretty important. While I would imagine that there are exceptions, you would be hard pressed to find a non-club player being recruited from a high school that is not know to have a strong lacrosse program. I agree that in some respects the ability of a club to get a kid recruited can be somewhat over-hyped, no matter what club it is, your kid still has to stand out on their own. Once September 1 of junior year comes around, you have a much better perspective on how the process works, and how hard it is to get recruited.

Totally on point.....everyone should try to grasp this....the recruiting process stinks....the top 5 kids on every team goes off the board fast to the "bigger named schools." The directors help a little bit for the first 5 big names but its minimal because those are the kids the college coaches were asking the directors about in July when they couldn't talk to your kid...these are the big splash kids who your club will promote right away and throw on their websites about the signings.....then you start to realize that even though your a really good player you didn't make the big splash and your in the second and third tiers and not getting even a quarter of a scholarship...then you start looking at the lesser named schools and hopefully you were seen in the summer by them.....do your homework people....identify a few schools you think you can play at (not freshman or even sophomore year) and reach out to the coaches in May and June and tell them where your going to be this summer so they can watch you....just about every club in NJ does two of the big recruiting tourneys whether its the NAL, NLF, Naptown, Crabfeast or whatever else.

The NJ 2023's are in the second and third tier now and its difficult....as the dude said in the posts before 2023 NJ is a little lacking in overall depth....2024's have a pretty large group of D1 prospects and the 2025's look to be even bigger as they are developing into a sizeable class as well....enjoy the ride because it stinks in your recruiting year!!!!!!!! Only a handful of kids on your team will be committed early...look at the non big named colleges....they are all comparable now with parity at the college level.[/quote]

Well said. I hope you feel better now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NJ 2023's are in the second and third tier now and its difficult....as the dude said in the posts before 2023 NJ is a little lacking in overall depth....2024's have a pretty large group of D1 prospects and the 2025's look to be even bigger as they are developing into a sizeable class as well....enjoy the ride because it stinks in your recruiting year!!!!!!!! Only a handful of kids on your team will be committed early...look at the non big named colleges....they are all comparable now with parity at the college level.

Well said. I hope you feel better now.[/quote]

what terrible advise. sell your kid's future short so he can say he played lax in college? How bout, focus on academics and go to a school that is a good fit for you kid's future...not just his next 4 years of extended high school lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what terrible advise. sell your kid's future short so he can say he played lax in college? How bout, focus on academics and go to a school that is a good fit for you kid's future...not just his next 4 years of extended high school lacrosse[/quote]

Not the original poster but if you don't care about lacrosse why are you commenting on this forum. Don't even read it. Leave. Go to some forum about insects. This is about lacrosse and going to college and playing lacrosse in college. Look into the sport of Curling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

what terrible advise. sell your kid's future short so he can say he played lax in college? How bout, focus on academics and go to a school that is a good fit for you kid's future...not just his next 4 years of extended high school lacrosse

Not the original poster but if you don't care about lacrosse why are you commenting on this forum. Don't even read it. Leave. Go to some forum about insects. This is about lacrosse and going to college and playing lacrosse in college. Look into the sport of Curling.[/quote]

lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The NJ 2023's are in the second and third tier now and its difficult....as the dude said in the posts before 2023 NJ is a little lacking in overall depth....2024's have a pretty large group of D1 prospects and the 2025's look to be even bigger as they are developing into a sizeable class as well....enjoy the ride because it stinks in your recruiting year!!!!!!!! Only a handful of kids on your team will be committed early...look at the non big named colleges....they are all comparable now with parity at the college level.[/quote]

2023s are not lacking in depth, they just aren't consolidated on 1 or 2 teams like the younger classes. Until you are in the thick of your kids recruiting year, you simply have no real perspective. 2023's are through the first wave of early commitments, more will follow, it is a very long process. Also, keep in mind that there are kids that have not shown interest in some of the D1 schools because of the school being subpar academically, so their recruiting process may take longer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are all crazy, it has nothing to do with the club and everything to do with the kid. Keep telling yourself that a club is going to get your son to a top D1 school. You might be lucky if he has good grades and is a great lacrosse player, if not make sure you know who the top D3 schools are.
Can we upvote this post please. OP, I can assure you the delusional parents here (myself included) do not like reading this type of tough truth talk. Just know you are 1000% right and we know it deep down. Now after saying that, we in this forum like to discuss and argue about the recruiting process and for those of us who are new to the whole thing, reading different points of views on the topic doesn't hurt. So let's keep the conversation going... none of us is perfect. We all want the best for our kids in terms of playing the game they love to play and we hope it doesn't end in HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE 2023s went 3-0 today with wins over sweetlax fl and Thunder. Impressive wins .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is everyone playing this weekend?

Any update on the tri state 2025 team? Haven’t seen them on any schedules

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure they have a team. Word has it that the director has been dm-ing kids on Instagram trying to scrap for good players .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LE 2023s went 3-0 today with wins over sweetlax fl and Thunder. Impressive wins .

Not trying to stir the pot, but were any 2022s playing with them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that some kids left 2025 bbl black who also were going to SHP? Perhaps no fall because most of the kids play football?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard some bbl black 2025 )who now got to SHP) left to play for tri-state. Maybe the 2025 team is no doing fall because of fall?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean the LE 2022/2023 team right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s both funny and sad. They bring down 5 2022s and suddenly they have a good day. I feel bad for the 23s who don’t get to play as much as a result.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s both funny and sad. They bring down 5 2022s and suddenly they have a good day. I feel bad for the 23s who don’t get to play as much as a result.

I stopped over to see them play. They didn’t have 5 2022s . It looked like 1 or 2 .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I stopped over to see them play. They didn’t have 5 2022s . It looked like 1 or 2 .

Saturday or Sunday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

Unfortunate if any of the 2023s are losing playing time, but I guess that it makes sense from a recruiting perspective if the 2022s that played are still uncommitted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw them on Sunday. They played Looney's before our game. Tourne Machine had them beat up on a 2 teams and then their schedule had gotten switched for a 3rd game against the Looney's that happened to be before our game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I saw them on Sunday. They played Looney's before our game. Tourne Machine had them beat up on a 2 teams and then their schedule had gotten switched for a 3rd game against the Looney's that happened to be before our game.

Yeah a lot more played Saturday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah a lot more played Saturday.

2 in total. Really not that big of a deal.

Like Reply Quote
Page 48 of 72 1 2 46 47 48 49 50 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard