BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,851
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Boys' U15 National Championship Tournament - July 26th-28th, 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Turtles will be in this tourney again next year.

And will win it AGAIN next year. BTB = #chosenones.
Agreed, turtles are going to roll

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put it this way - the turtles have the kind of talent where they have the best attackman at any level in a stacked town like Manhasset. Come git some. #chosenones

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because Channy wants his Goofy mug in the photo if they win. Therefore he can take credit for their success when it was Powers who saved that team when he took over. They have played their best when Powers was coaching and their worse when Chanenbucks occasionally showed up. Hope for their sake he stays home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Put it this way - the turtles have the kind of talent where they have the best attackman at any level in a stacked town like Manhasset. Come git some. #chosenones
Yeah, not sure why that kid wasn't playing on Varsity. Fear the turtles!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happens when a turtle crosses the turnpike. Jersey lax rules!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows this tournament is a joke. Have a fun time in FL wasting your money.

And why is this tournament a joke? What exactly is your beef with it? How about not making a statement without backing it up with some sort of sound reasoning! Ive never been to the tourney but everyone says its an awesome experience and its run by the governing body of the sport! So the question is, who is EVERYONE and why do they know the tournament is a joke? Care to explain........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, not sure why that kid wasn't playing on Varsity. Fear the turtles!

He will be next year and there will be a few sophs, juniors and seniors not happy about it. Step aside!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boy that turtle lax dad is really hyping his son
up!!! Such a proud turtle team. With that said
you've prob only seen limited amount of attackman
to make that statement. Just stick with he's
very good ok laxdaddy. Thank you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope for his sake this is not the kid or his family
mouthing off like this. Will not be well received if
it is. In for a rude awakening. That god he lives
in manhasset cause other towns wouldn't go
for that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happens when a turtle crosses the turnpike. Jersey lax rules!

They beat Tri State Blue in JVAA ball at their own tournament?...just a guess.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for that.

Not related - the family would never be promotional. Just a huge fan. Watch this kid play and you'll see why.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for that.

It's not just one attackman. Every kid on the Turtles will shake up the varsity of their respective schools next year. Will be lots of parents and upperclassmen not happy everywhere on the Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes are the most talented team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for that.

It's not just one attackman. Every kid on the Turtles will shake up the varsity of their respective schools next year. Will be lots of parents and upperclassmen not happy everywhere on the Island.

There is more than one attack at Manhasset in 2017 that will play varsity next year - hint: not on the Turtles. Not just attack - a couple of mids and and LSM/D too. This 2017 group at Set will be a big problem for the upper classmen but a great problem for the coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking at the rosters on the U15 website. The Turtles have made a very bad tactical mistake. They are carrying too few kids for the grind of the tournament in the Florida heat. The Express made this same mistake a few years ago when they lost to fl$ in the semis. By the semis the Express kids (I think they had less than 20 boys) were wiped out and had nothing left in the tank although they gave fl$ all they could handle. fl$ wound up winning the whole thing. So, even if top to bottom turtles have the most talent, they'll likely run out of turtle power before they can be crowned.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes are bringing a ton of middies - will have plenty of fresh legs in the massive heat all game, every game - relentless wave after wave after wave will wear everybody down. Head/Heart/Hustle baby - bringin' it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for that.

There is more than one attack at Manhasset in 2017 that will play varsity next year - hint: not on the Turtles. Not just attack - a couple of mids and and LSM/D too. This 2017 group at Set will be a big problem for the upper classmen but a great problem for the coach.

Wow, brag on your kid much? I wouldnt pencil your little superstar into varsity just yet, I think Manhasset knows what theyre doing and they have some 10th, 11th and 12th graders that might have something to say about you taking their spots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for that.

Wow, brag on your kid much? I wouldnt pencil your little superstar into varsity just yet, I think Manhasset knows what theyre doing and they have some 10th, 11th and 12th graders that might have something to say about you taking their spots.

Lets just agree that it will probably be a little more interesting next spring than most seasons - at all positions. And not just at Set. And for all those who think the turtles are too small - if you haven't seen them yet this summer you'll see that they've been eating their Wheaties and you need to start thinking of another put down. Good luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would hope the Turtles would win it. There are very few good teams at this tournament. Place it in the Tri-State area or the Mid-Atlantic and you'd get much better sample of teams.

And get rid of the stupid rule of allowing HS players to play in a U15 tournament. What a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would hope the Turtles would win it. There are very few good teams at this tournament. Place it in the Tri-State area or the Mid-Atlantic and you'd get much better sample of teams.

And get rid of the stupid rule of allowing HS players to play in a U15 tournament. What a joke.

Everyone who enters the tournament knows that it is a U15 tournament, why all the crying?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why on Earth are the Crabs not in this? They would wipe the floor with every one of these teams. Anybody close to the Crabs program care to offer a reason? And plesae...no need for "their too old" comments. I'm sure they have plenty of great players in their system who are eligible under the age guidelines that they could put together for an awesome team. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why on Earth are the Crabs not in this? They would wipe the floor with every one of these teams. Anybody close to the Crabs program care to offer a reason? And plesae...no need for "their too old" comments. I'm sure they have plenty of great players in their system who are eligible under the age guidelines that they could put together for an awesome team. Thanks.

The Crabs can no doubt put together a competitive team to play in this tournament that meets the age requirements but it wouldn't be the team that plays together in this age group all summer and that is most likely why they don't enter a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crabs can no doubt put together a competitive team to play in this tournament that meets the age requirements but it wouldn't be the team that plays together in this age group all summer and that is most likely why they don't enter a team.

Still doesn't explain why they don't make the effort when teams from all over the country do so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not looking to rock the boat but you are assuming that all things being equal, everything would work out. Here's the deal in the nutshell... IT'S AN AGE THING!!! U15, that's it! No other reason. Don't always assume one states 2016 is almost like anothers 2017. Kids also get held back on purpose. It's all about the age.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still doesn't explain why they don't make the effort when teams from all over the country do so.

My friend you are not getting it. A similar comment about the Turtles making a fatal mistake by not carrying 29 kids on the roster to combat the FL heat. Both clubs, like many out there, play with the hand they are dealt. You dont add players simply for the win you grow teamates into something special and respected by each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There can be many reasons why the Crabs are not going to Fla.
Its 5 months away (which doesn't make sense)teams will change, its a Holiday week so people do have other plans, most will be in HS and may be playing a winter sport, there are expenses to consider around the holiday and so on. The team my son plays on got an invitation this year and to my surprise they had to turn it down because 6 or 7 families couldn't do it. The venue and competition sounds great but the Young Gunz Tourney was just as good if not better because the teams we playing in season. And you know the rosters will be very different in December with coaches trying to stack their team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There can be many reasons why the Crabs are not going to Fla.
Its 5 months away (which doesn't make sense)teams will change, its a Holiday week so people do have other plans, most will be in HS and may be playing a winter sport, there are expenses to consider around the holiday and so on. The team my son plays on got an invitation this year and to my surprise they had to turn it down because 6 or 7 families couldn't do it. The venue and competition sounds great but the Young Gunz Tourney was just as good if not better because the teams we playing in season. And you know the rosters will be very different in December with coaches trying to stack their team.

The tournament in discussion starts this Friday...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National Championship or simply just a Jamboree? Has anybody been following the girls' side of this? The girls' "tournament" has been a joke so far with 16-0 scores being the norm. Gives legitimate support to a prior poster on this thread calling the boys' side a joke event too. I'm guessing we'll see a bunch of 16-0 scores on the boy's side too. With so many weak teams and great programs missing such as the Crabs, Clams, Laxachusetts, West Coast Starz etc..this feels like a cheap version of much better represented team tournaments such as the Under Armour shootout, Crab Feast etc. I predict this tournament will wither away in the coming years unless something is done about the disparity of talent that's allowed to play as well as the location. To claim this as a "national" tournament is technically acurate (because there are teams from all over) but realistically is a false claim of "championship". The winner should just be crowned the US Lacrosse U15 "Jamboree winner" rather than stake a claim to "Best U15 team in the Nation". I think the Crabs have it right - and I don't even live in Maryland. The only thing this is good for is the marketing for the club that wins the final game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The reason the Crabs don't play (and most other teams in Maryland) is after a long Spring school season, combined with a tough Spring Club League (NPYLL or MYLA) and then a busy summer club schedule, the are done with lacrosse. Season over, tryouts in 2 weeks..that is the only reason...quite frankly Crabs and other Maryland teams don't have to travel for competition, it is either here in Baltimore or willing to travel to Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is another money maker!!! Not all the best teams down there simply the ones with spare time and money.

National Championship or simply just a Jamboree? Has anybody been following the girls' side of this? The girls' "tournament" has been a joke so far with 16-0 scores being the norm. Gives legitimate support to a prior poster on this thread calling the boys' side a joke event too. I'm guessing we'll see a bunch of 16-0 scores on the boy's side too. With so many weak teams and great programs missing such as the Crabs, Clams, Laxachusetts, West Coast Starz etc..this feels like a cheap version of much better represented team tournaments such as the Under Armour shootout, Crab Feast etc. I predict this tournament will wither away in the coming years unless something is done about the disparity of talent that's allowed to play as well as the location. To claim this as a "national" tournament is technically acurate (because there are teams from all over) but realistically is a false claim of "championship". The winner should just be crowned the US Lacrosse U15 "Jamboree winner" rather than stake a claim to "Best U15 team in the Nation". I think the Crabs have it right - and I don't even live in Maryland. The only thing this is good for is the marketing for the club that wins the final game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The scores coming in from the girl’s side show what a joke the qualifiers are for this tournament. It will be pretty bad on the boy’s side too. Expect a lot of very lopsided games.

From the boy’s qualifiers, the third and fourth place teams from the Southeast Regional are the only ones coming. Those teams were blown out in the regional playoffs (13-1 and 14-5 for semifinal scores). The second place team was blown out by the first place team 13-0.

Why teams from Long Island are going to Florida to play against such poor competition is mind boggling.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The scores coming in from the girl’s side show what a joke the qualifiers are for this tournament. It will be pretty bad on the boy’s side too. Expect a lot of very lopsided games.

From the boy’s qualifiers, the third and fourth place teams from the Southeast Regional are the only ones coming. Those teams were blown out in the regional playoffs (13-1 and 14-5 for semifinal scores). The second place team was blown out by the first place team 13-0.

Why teams from Long Island are going to Florida to play against such poor competition is mind boggling.

It's all about the marketing juice for a club being able to claim itself as a mytical "national champ". The Express got huge mileage out of it last year and going back to try for some more. That's why they have like 8 teams in it. But, whoever wins "the final game" (I can't bring myself to say "championship") knows that they've been beaten by other teams this summer that are not there and it'll be meaningless except to the uninformed. I put a lot more stock into the select tournaments earlier this summer as the true championship. This one is a hoax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious, which "select tournaments earlier in the summer" are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious, which "select tournaments earlier in the summer" are you talking about?

Young Guns, Crabfeast would be a good start. Yes, I know associated with the Crabs. But I'm not associated with the Crabs, just thought they brought together the best clubs from all over. Very few if any slackers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad Piranhas don't play turtles in pool play. Would love to see that and settle who's the best Express club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Young Guns, Crabfeast would be a good start. Yes, I know associated with the Crabs. But I'm not associated with the Crabs, just thought they brought together the best clubs from all over. Very few if any slackers.

Those are the best tournaments around...2017 will play Brabfeast next year..also look at Greene Turtle Invitational...top talent from Maryland with a few teams outside...a few LI teams would round out a nice talent mix

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Group Play Results - Friday, July 26th

July 26 - 8 a.m.

Field 18: Long Island Express Piranhas edge Florida Carolina, 6-5
Field 19: Dukes HHH over Utah, 13-4
Field 25: Florida Swashbucklers edge Brady's Bunch, 9-8
Field 26: Long Island Express Turtles over C2C Black, 12-1
Field 27: For the Love of the Game defeats Triad Elite, 13-3
Field 28: 3d Select defeats Maverick Select, 13-2

Highlights

Piranha's Jacobs scores a left handed game winner with 0:40 left on the clock for the 6-5 win.

Brandon Ruditz scores with 0:10 left to take a 9-8 win for the Florida Swashbucklers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters 6-4 over Storm in first round U-15 Tounament

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Group Play Results - Friday, July 26th

July 26 - 9 a.m.

Field 18: Long Island Jesters defeat Storm, 6-4
Field 19: Colorado 14ers defeat Next Level, 7-6
Field 25: NESLL by a touchdown over Green Machine, 14-7
Field 26: FCA over Winston-Salem, 11-2
Field 27: New Jersey North East over Florida Navy, 12-2
Field 28: Long Island Express Barracudas handle Colorado, 13-1

Highlights

The Jesters rallied from 4-2 down in the second half taking a 5-4 lead with less than 2:00 to play on route to a 6-4 opening round win.

Next Level's O'Donnell piped a ball with 0:20 remaining just missing drawing the match.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad Piranhas don't play turtles in pool play. Would love to see that and settle who's the best Express club.

What?? Which Piranhas you talking about? 2017 or 2016? Both are "B" or "C" teams. Best teams down there are DUKES 2016 and Barracudas 2016. And maybe 3D Select 2016

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard