BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,665
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 60 of 69 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Terps playing again this weekend

not the black terps

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately everyone stays the same. If you remember when the list first came out you need to beat a team on the list to move up. Some long Island teams are playing in the same tournament but not against each other. This list is accurate from the most resent head to head meeting of each team. Are there any tournaments left were Long Island teams are going head to head on this list? Since the summer season is nearing an end, how about some team challenging another team. No one on this list is going to back down from a challenge? Winner moves up, loser moves down. This would be fun. We know it does not really mean anything but still would be fun.

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. Outlaws Black.
7. fl$
8. Jesters Black.
9. Garden City 17
10 Terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where does FCA Blue rank? Where are they from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would they let him go? Hasn't he been there forever?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gents I believe gc17 beat fl$ in a tourney a few weeks ago. Based on your methodology, shouldn't gc17 be ranked higher than fl$ ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw a lot of games and turtles, crabs, wc and duke are probably all the top of the top tier

second tier (but can certainly play with the top tier) is True Blue, Terps, CT Charges and Breakers....

not bad company considering a nation wide talent pool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm ready to move TB ahead of terps by a hair but not at the turtles level until they learn to play smarter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So where does FCA Blue rank? Where are they from?

FCA has 2 Baltimore based teams (best known for National teams), Blue and White...Blue went 3-1 in Greene Turtle 3 weeks ago, won the All-Met 2 weeks ago, play in Summer Sizzle this weekend...lined up to play Breakers in finals...we'll see what they are made of?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i'm ready to move TB ahead of terps by a hair but not at the turtles level until they learn to play smarter

Based on what? TB went 1-2 on Saturday at Crabfest and TerpsBlack went 2-1. And when these two teams played each other in a fall tournament on LI, TB lost to Terps Black in championship game.

Over the weekend in Young Gunz-
TB scored 21 gave up 25
TerpsBlk scored 27 gave up 24

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately everyone stays the same. If you remember when the list first came out you need to beat a team on the list to move up. Some long Island teams are playing in the same tournament but not against each other. This list is accurate from the most resent head to head meeting of each team. Are there any tournaments left were Long Island teams are going head to head on this list? Since the summer season is nearing an end, how about some team challenging another team. No one on this list is going to back down from a challenge? Winner moves up, loser moves down. This would be fun. We know it does not really mean anything but still would be fun.

At NXT Summer Invitational this coming weekend, fl$ plays Outlaws Black. Team 91 and Garden City are in the other group but don't play each other, possible they may play against each other in the playoffs

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i saw a lot of games and turtles, crabs, wc and duke are probably all the top of the top tier

second tier (but can certainly play with the top tier) is True Blue, Terps, CT Charges and Breakers....

not bad company considering a nation wide talent pool

I agree with everything you posted, except CT Chargers. They seemed overmatched. I heard they were suppose to be pretty good but they only scored about 7 goals over two days at the tournament. Not a Charger hater just stating they results.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Based on what? TB went 1-2 on Saturday at Crabfest and TerpsBlack went 2-1. And when these two teams played each other in a fall tournament on LI, TB lost to Terps Black in championship game.

Over the weekend in Young Gunz-
TB scored 21 gave up 25
TerpsBlk scored 27 gave up 24

Terps would have scored more but their coach was with the 2018 team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, you're right... I neglected to add up the point deferential and factor in the computer algorithm strength of opponent analysis...

please... get friends

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok, you're right... I neglected to add up the point deferential and factor in the computer algorithm strength of opponent analysis...

please... get friends

Terps have better uniforms

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please... get friends

ok thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gents I believe gc17 beat fl$ in a tourney a few weeks ago. Based on your methodology, shouldn't gc17 be ranked higher than fl$ ?

That is true thanks for this info. Someone also informed me that the Terps and GC tied at Lax fest. I have made the corrections. fl$ beat Jesters last as well. I would love to see mini tornermnet with just these 10 teams. I think that would be a lot fun lots of talent on all these teams.

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. Outlaws Black.
7. Garden City 17
8. Terps
9. fl$
10. Jesters Black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At NXT Summer Invitational this coming weekend, fl$ plays Outlaws Black. Team 91 and Garden City are in the other group but don't play each other, possible they may play against each other in the playoffs

Please let us know the outcome and we will make the appropriate changes to the Long Island team ranking

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the week 4 rankings for 2017? There was a lot action this past weekend

Terps Black drop to 5th but since the coach helped with the 2018 team they get a pass and stay at 2!

Haha! And everyone on here picks on them frown All the "haters" that "live under rocks"

Since fl$ won their tournament, do they move to #1?

Nope! Terps Black stay the same. As long as they never play another "top 5" LI team (according to this "Master Ranking") & because their daddy says so!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Re Chargers - the organization's A team at this level is the Bolts and they scored 11, not 7. In any case, a clear disappointment. The CT Chargers is the B team at this level. Note that the points for and against appear to be only for the first day and not the entire tournament. Also I would point out that TB scored only 9.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So what are the week 4 rankings for 2017? There was a lot action this past weekend

Terps Black drop to 5th but since the coach helped with the 2018 team they get a pass and stay at 2!

Haha! And everyone on here picks on them frown All the "haters" that "live under rocks"

Nope! Terps Black stay the same. As long as they never play another "top 5" LI team (according to this "Master Ranking") & because their daddy says so!

Terp Black Daddy or Terp Daddy or Terp Green Daddy???? Do they all pay the same?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terp Black Daddy or Terp Daddy or Terp Green Daddy???? Do they all pay the same?

you silly jokes about terp "colors" is about 6 days old.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, that is old and actually misses the point. My question is, how can the Terp Black team be the best...I would think a Wolverine can easily defeat a terp in actual combat. And for that matter, a piranha would devour a terp..now obviously a woverine would be dominant on land, but in the water a terp may have an edge and a piranha would definately be dominant...how does this program name the teams? Then they stick a Terp and Terp Black addendum on the team who in theory would be the weakest...this is confusing, time to focus on another program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are correct, that is old and actually misses the point. My question is, how can the Terp Black team be the best...I would think a Wolverine can easily defeat a terp in actual combat. And for that matter, a piranha would devour a terp..now obviously a woverine would be dominant on land, but in the water a terp may have an edge and a piranha would definately be dominant...how does this program name the teams? Then they stick a Terp and Terp Black addendum on the team who in theory would be the weakest...this is confusing, time to focus on another program

Land animals and fresh water predators. I think a killer whale team would really be kick a$$......just saying....maybe next year??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ beat outlaws in the spring

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
correction , TB did eat the bolts... for what its worth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any information on the Jake Reed rising freshman that is coming up? Will college coaches be there? what is the format? Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ct Chargers are not a very strong team. Everyone spanked them this weekend. Stick with Long Island and Maryland

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ needs to play in stronger tournaments to gain respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's absolutely 100% true!, MC Is no longer the SAINT ANTHONY'S JV LAX COACH!!!!
They are currently seeking his replacement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You always have a lot to say about the Terps? What’s with the obsession? This is not mentally healthy. What team are you on? How about you set up a game with the Terps so you can move forward. Clearly you are stuck in rewind. You keep writing the same stuff over and over. Boring!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And Bolts beat TB at Big Time Shootout, so they are even, for what its worth. Eat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 parent trying to figure out whether to provide my son the opportunity to play at the 3D Blue Chip Region Tryout in January next year.

I’ve read Forum pages 40-60 which start to cover this topic, but hope to get some more color from the 2017 parent group. I am aware that the actual Jake Reed camp for 2017 is still one week away.

Also, if anyone attended the Brine event July 1-3 and is also attending this, can you compare and contrast?

I am not concerned about the recruiting angle or the money grab implications. I am curious as to whether the camp is competitive and provides an opportunity to play against top talent while receiving top coaching.

The pricing seems competitive when compared with the three day instructional camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2018 parent trying to figure out whether to provide my son the opportunity to play at the 3D Blue Chip Region Tryout in January next year.

I’ve read Forum pages 40-60 which start to cover this topic, but hope to get some more color from the 2017 parent group. I am aware that the actual Jake Reed camp for 2017 is still one week away.

Also, if anyone attended the Brine event July 1-3 and is also attending this, can you compare and contrast?

I am not concerned about the recruiting angle or the money grab implications. I am curious as to whether the camp is competitive and provides an opportunity to play against top talent while receiving top coaching.

The pricing seems competitive when compared with the three day instructional camps.

Absolutely would go to the 3D Blue Chip camp in January. My son went this year and had a fantastic experience (also made Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip). Very good training, well-organized, and great ratio of coaches to kids, they actually learned something rather than just playing games. Additionally, the level of competition was quite good for the Mid-Atlantic (LI, NJ, Philly, etc). Also, this is the only way to make the Jake Reed camp for rising freshmen which is a great opportunity. Even if you kid doesn't make Jake Reed, it still worth it in my opinion.

Brine was also a good experience for my son but not at the level of 3D Blue Chip. Limited skills training (only one session), most of the time is spent practicing and playing with you state's team. Decent competition (although not great) but a really fun experience for the boys playing on a state team. Coaching dependent on who you get assigned, some better than others. 3D Blue Chip more valuable in my opinion and would prioritize it over Brine, but Brine a fun event as well. Hope this helps, my 2 cents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely would go to the 3D Blue Chip camp in January. My son went this year and had a fantastic experience (also made Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip). Very good training, well-organized, and great ratio of coaches to kids, they actually learned something rather than just playing games. Additionally, the level of competition was quite good for the Mid-Atlantic (LI, NJ, Philly, etc). Also, this is the only way to make the Jake Reed camp for rising freshmen which is a great opportunity. Even if you kid doesn't make Jake Reed, it still worth it in my opinion.

Brine was also a good experience for my son but not at the level of 3D Blue Chip. Limited skills training (only one session), most of the time is spent practicing and playing with you state's team. Decent competition (although not great) but a really fun experience for the boys playing on a state team. Coaching dependent on who you get assigned, some better than others. 3D Blue Chip more valuable in my opinion and would prioritize it over Brine, but Brine a fun event as well. Hope this helps, my 2 cents.

Brine and 3D are completely different events and are also completely different price points. The Brine event is not meant to be a recruiting showcase for 9th graders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1000% money grab!!
if two rising 9th graders are recruited, it would be a lot...

next years if your son is ready for the spotlight... go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1000% money grab!!

Not saying it was right or wrong but that is what we did. My 2017 son was was accepted to Blue Chip and we did not send him. In the end it came down to spending $1,000 for the 3 day camp or not?

I will re-apply this year and consider it again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
absolute drivel by someone with a grudge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1000% money grab!!

Actually if you can swing it go. Great experience for your kid and offers a primer to what he has to do when it counts...kinda like taking practice SAT's rather than going in cold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son made the Brine team last year and we went to 3D Blue Chip this past January. The Brine Classic was a great experience for my son, he got to play alongside some very good players and the competition was very good. He tried out this year but did not make it, but I would definitely recommend it just for the experience alone.

As for 3D Blue Chip, again it was a great experience. The talent level was very high and it was well run and organized. The only downside for us was the fact that there wasnt a big emphasis on defensive coaching. My son is a defenseman and I will tell you they spent almost no time coaching the defensive side of the ball. It seemed to me that it was all about offense and running plays and the defense was kind of on its own. Having said that, it was definitely a great experience and I think my son will be going back again this January. If he would have made Jake Reed camp I would have definitely gone just for the experience alone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ needs to play in stronger tournaments to gain respect.

The NXT cup was a very good tournament, and fl$ won it! They beat some good teams to do it, so stop with your nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
Page 60 of 69 1 2 58 59 60 61 62 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard