Top 40 Ranked Fresh Has Been Released - Go to Blogs section to SEE who made it!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 10:40 AM
Saturday's Scoreboard: Men's & Women's Division I
by JesLax1 - 05/23/22 10:39 AM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 10:38 AM
2021-2022 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 10:38 AM
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 05/23/22 10:28 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,075
Posts335,531
Members2,437
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 55 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 54 55
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #351140 09/29/21 11:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 27 year is very talented across the board on multiple clubs on the island. Much more so than 2026 for some reason.

There is a steep drop off in the 27 year right now. FLG/YJ and the. Everyone else. Liberty was at the top of that everyone else but their team took a big hit this year so it will be interesting to see how the rest group looks at the end of next summer.

As for the differences between years, that always happens. Maybe the 26 year is a big soccer year.

With all the “optional” trainings that really aren’t optional makes it hard to play multiple travel sports. Kids are sadly being forced to choose.

I watched YJ 27 B team last year (Gaghan) and it was a 2 girl teams. Assuming both girls moved either to A team or somewhere else, i can't see this team being competitive at all. Not sure I see the depth at the 27 level.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #351143 09/29/21 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
way too many

26+?

The YJ rosters are posted online. They have 3 teams of 25, 25, and 24. Looks like across the 3 teams they picked up 22 new players. No clue where they all came from but that is a lot of movement.

Looking at Graz, 9 girls did not return, either left YJ or in many cases, are now on B or C team.

For the 9 that left, curious where they went? FLG?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351145 09/29/21 11:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Evidently you don't follow the 2027age group closely.

I'm not a YJ parent, Im not even a Long Island parent, but beating a M&D team that went 44-5 or beating a Hero's team (TWICE) that went 42-6, is a heck of an accomplishment.
They lost 4 times all year to teams at the 2027 level. To say "they don't win" is absurdity.

Who cares! All these girls are playing high level lacrosse and not playing video games or making out with dudes behind the local Stop and Shop! Many of you living vicariously through your 12 year old daughters are going to be miserable when you have driven your daughters away from an amazing sport. Sit back, eat a sandwich, just watch your kids play and shut your meat hole![/quote]

Who cares about rankings? I'd imagine the type of people that go to a lacrosse forum on 12 yr old lacrosse players and read it.

I'm just responding to the post about how YJ 27 "don't win". If this isn't you, kindly move on from the topic, thanks.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351147 09/29/21 12:02 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Evidently you don't follow the 2027age group closely.

I'm not a YJ parent, Im not even a Long Island parent, but beating a M&D team that went 44-5 or beating a Hero's team (TWICE) that went 42-6, is a heck of an accomplishment.
They lost 4 times all year to teams at the 2027 level. To say "they don't win" is absurdity.

Who cares! All these girls are playing high level lacrosse and not playing video games or making out with dudes behind the local Stop and Shop! Many of you living vicariously through your 12 year old daughters are going to be miserable when you have driven your daughters away from an amazing sport. Sit back, eat a sandwich, just watch your kids play and shut your meat hole!

Who cares about rankings? I'd imagine the type of people that go to a lacrosse forum on 12 yr old lacrosse players and read it.

I'm just responding to the post about how YJ 27 "don't win". If this isn't you, kindly move on from the topic, thanks.[/quote]

It certainly isn't me !! I read this forum for the pure entertainment that it provides. Grown men talking about how good/bad their 12 year old daughters lacrosse team or competition is! It's comedy at its finest!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351152 09/29/21 12:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They lost 4 times all year to teams at the 2027 level. To say "they don't win" is absurdity.[/quote]

Thanks for absolutely confirming you are a YJ parent....either that or it is insanely scary you know stats for a 12 year old lacrosse team and how it faired given you aren't even associated with them or live on LI.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #351153 09/29/21 12:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 27 year is very talented across the board on multiple clubs on the island. Much more so than 2026 for some reason.

There is a steep drop off in the 27 year right now. FLG/YJ and the. Everyone else. Liberty was at the top of that everyone else but their team took a big hit this year so it will be interesting to see how the rest group looks at the end of next summer.

As for the differences between years, that always happens. Maybe the 26 year is a big soccer year.

With all the “optional” trainings that really aren’t optional makes it hard to play multiple travel sports. Kids are sadly being forced to choose.

I watched YJ 27 B team last year (Gaghan) and it was a 2 girl teams. Assuming both girls moved either to A team or somewhere else, i can't see this team being competitive at all. Not sure I see the depth at the 27 level.
I don't think anyone moved up on this team. They also gained a few girls from the A team. I think this team will be very competitive

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351164 09/29/21 01:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for absolutely confirming you are a YJ parent....either that or it is insanely scary you know stats for a 12 year old lacrosse team and how it faired given you aren't even associated with them or live on LI.[/quote]

It took all of one click if you go to

https://USCL.com/rank?y=2020&alpha=N&v=2027

Its all right there.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351197 09/29/21 06:04 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be a little unfair. They had 6-8 girls who could start for most NY/NY A teams. That said, they had 5-6 girls on the team who should have been playing rec. If they upgrade talent here, the team could be top 25 nationally

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351209 09/29/21 07:59 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That may be a little unfair. They had 6-8 girls who could start for most NY/NY A teams. That said, they had 5-6 girls on the team who should have been playing rec. If they upgrade talent here, the team could be top 25 nationally

This past year wasn’t indicative of how the teams will be this coming year. Some teams didn’t have tryouts last summer so they were based on when the girls tried out in 5th grade. There was a ton of movement across all the teams so it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. My guess is YJ A, YJ B, TG and FLG will be the strongest in this age group on LI.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351220 09/29/21 09:18 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This past year wasn’t indicative of how the teams will be this coming year. Some teams didn’t have tryouts last summer so they were based on when the girls tried out in 5th grade. There was a ton of movement across all the teams so it will be interesting to see how it all shakes out. My guess is YJ A, YJ B, TG and FLG will be the strongest in this age group on LI.

Probably right. FLG losing their goalie to YJ A will be a big impact.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #351228 09/29/21 11:23 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For sure. YJA needed a goalie upgrade

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351231 09/30/21 05:38 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Probably right. FLG losing their goalie to YJ A will be a big impact.[/quote]

Nope!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351291 09/30/21 01:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope![/quote]

I don't think we need to callout 12 yr olds do we? You can talk up the FLG goalie all you want, but as adults with players on these teams, can we be better than this?

BTW, she's a solid player.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #351297 09/30/21 02:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope!

I don't think we need to callout 12 yr olds do we? You can talk up the FLG goalie all you want, but as adults with players on these teams, can we be better than this?

BTW, she's a solid player.[/quote]

Don't think anyone was trying to knock the goalie. If they have a second goalie how much of an impact would losing one make is what they were trying to say?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #351299 09/30/21 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJA needing a goalie upgrade. Now that's calling out a particular player!! Ridiculous!

Like Reply Quote
Page 14 of 55 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 54 55
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard