BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 123 of 128 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 127 128
Re: Crabs Lacrosse / Baltimore Lacrosse Club
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

You seem clueless about the Club scene. HOCO, Blue Claws, Forest Hill, Bethesda, and others may be associated with rec programs, but they are not rec teams. You have to tryout for these teams. They don't cost $150. They cost around $1500-$1700. They are year round teams. They are not "rec teams." Get a clue.

My son tried out for both Forest Hill and Blue Claws last year. Both are year round. But they both cost $700-800 total last year.

Wait, $2800 is greater than $800.

How can those cheaper "rec" teams possibly beat the Crabs?!

Well for one your talking about 4th grade club lacrosse last year. Not everyone wants to spend that money for elementary school lacrosse . Things seem to change when kids get to middle school. But nothing wrong with a affordable rec/club program. Good for them. I still don’t get why everyone hates so many of these programs. If you don’t like them then don’t play for them. Just pick what club you feel is best for your kid. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn’t.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem clueless about the Club scene. HOCO, Blue Claws, Forest Hill, Bethesda, and others may be associated with rec programs, but they are not rec teams. You have to tryout for these teams. They don't cost $150. They cost around $1500-$1700. They are year round teams. They are not "rec teams." Get a clue.

All of those teams except maybe Bethesda are under $1K per year LOL. Honestly the best argument for them being "not rec teams" is the fact that their Dad coaches are often a far higher caliber than the supposed Elite Dad Coaches whose teams get blown up by the likes of FH and KP. I can tell you that KP, Claws, and LTLC have some quality dad coaches and yeah, the price is right. One exception would be that Dad coaches over at Swarm (basically Perry Hall Rec) last year. That wasn't an amazing experiment I guess.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of those teams except maybe Bethesda are under $1K per year LOL. Honestly the best argument for them being "not rec teams" is the fact that their Dad coaches are often a far higher caliber than the supposed Elite Dad Coaches whose teams get blown up by the likes of FH and KP. I can tell you that KP, Claws, and LTLC have some quality dad coaches and yeah, the price is right. One exception would be that Dad coaches over at Swarm (basically Perry Hall Rec) last year. That wasn't an amazing experiment I guess.

Wrong. HOCO well over $1000, plus you have to pay for uniforms. Ends up being around $1600-$1700.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HoCo is the costly exception. We looked at 3 clubs in Harford co - Claws, FH, FLC. All are well under 1k, and include game uniforms and practice unis. Good bang for the buck, for sure. Gloves and helmets extra usually at coast but optional. So if you choose to get new gloves/helmet too you are closer to 1k all in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem clueless about the rec team scene. Lots of rec programs have tryouts, especially if they have more than one team at an age group. But keep justifying those losses to yourself.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rec teams only play in the Spring. Club teams play year round. If you are playing in the HOCO league, summer tournaments, and fall tournaments, you are not playing on a rec team. End of story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rec teams only play in the Spring. Club teams play year round. If you are playing in the HOCO league, summer tournaments, and fall tournaments, you are not playing on a rec team. End of story.

Thanks Mark Laxer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the fat crab ever actually play varsity at BL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the 29 team still in existence?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. It folded. The email big crab sent out blamed the parents.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've heard no for 2029. Anyone know if Crabs, FCA or 91 were able to pull together 2030 team? Last year Crabs were 2030/31 FCA was 2029/30. 91 has been flooding email to find that 1-2 elite 4th graders to round out there team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son’s rec team plays spring league, winter league, and fall tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll bite. What did it say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

King Crab , right as usual

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some rec leagues also have a club team component. The club team participates year-round, not the rec team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've heard no for 2029. Anyone know if Crabs, FCA or 91 were able to pull together 2030 team? Last year Crabs were 2030/31 FCA was 2029/30. 91 has been flooding email to find that 1-2 elite 4th graders to round out there team.

Crabs 2029 folded. Sounds like "blame the customer" is the response from the Club. Always a good look!

FCA has a full 2029 and a full 2030 team. How good? No idea.

91 had something like 50 total kids attending tryouts for 2028, 2029 and 2030 teams combined so that's not a lot of teams lol. Pretty sure it is a combined 29/30 club and I know most of their first picks did not like the high pressure sales job and went to other AAA (and even AA and A) clubs instead. Not a lot of faith in the brand, apparently.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some rec leagues also have a club team component. The club team participates year-round, not the rec team.

Nope, this is rec. Nobody gets cut, everyone plays. Rotate kids through all positions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He didnt play in HS ..But that has never stopped anyone from being a great coach. Many coaches even in the NFL never played college football, even a few never played HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He didnt play in HS ..But that has never stopped anyone from being a great coach. Many coaches even in the NFL never played college football, even a few never played HS.
King Crab never played lacrosse in high school or college? And you all give him your money so he can tell you to reclass and take more of it? Ha! It’s worse than I thought. Lord.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please name those coaches who never played HS or college ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the crabs have a 30 or 31 team? If the 29s folded, wouldn't surprise me if those did too. Anyone know?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The HC of Brown (who previously built the Tufts lax program) never played lax at any level

https://brownbears.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster/coaches/mike-daly/3829

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The HC of Brown (who previously built the Tufts lax program) never played lax at any level

Yes, but was a very organized football coach. FYI, now that he's in Division 1, his shine is a little off. Let's give him a full 4-5 years to build his type of program, but the jury's still out on this coach at the next level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, but was a very organized football coach. FYI, now that he's in Division 1, his shine is a little off. Let's give him a full 4-5 years to build his type of program, but the jury's still out on this coach at the next level.

It amazes me that if you havent played at a High Level sports you cant coach at a High level...Lucky for the entire working world that philosophy is not gone by.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It amazes me that if you havent played at a High Level sports you cant coach at a High level...Lucky for the entire working world that philosophy is not gone by.

I mean it *is* gone by for the vast majority of working people (You will not be a senior staff engineer at Boeing if you "studied engineering in HS, top of my class, but they didn't have a good college program in my state so I studied Humanities."). Hiring pipelines exist for valid reasons.

Leadership jobs are different luckily. I think that is your point, and it's true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean it *is* gone by for the vast majority of working people (You will not be a senior staff engineer at Boeing if you "studied engineering in HS, top of my class, but they didn't have a good college program in my state so I studied Humanities."). Hiring pipelines exist for valid reasons.

Leadership jobs are different luckily. I think that is your point, and it's true.

Right on both points. When you get out of the hotbed areas , I have met some excellent coaches that never played lacrosse. They know how to coach HS and Club. Most have some sports background as most Bill Gates types dont want to coach.

Coaching like most know is not playing. Two different mindsets. But I will say, playing at one time does make it easier at times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The greatest coaches in most sports were never great players and for the most part were not very good at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the best players often make lousy coaches. Because the sport often came easy to them and they did not have to work or understand the game- they just were bigger, faster, stronger or a “natural.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right on both points. When you get out of the hotbed areas , I have met some excellent coaches that never played lacrosse. They know how to coach HS and Club. Most have some sports background as most Bill Gates types dont want to coach.

Coaching like most know is not playing. Two different mindsets. But I will say, playing at one time does make it easier at times.

Best teams are the ones that find the former great player who is also a great coach. Look at the top of the rankings to find these rare special ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Best teams are the ones that find the former great player who is also a great coach. Look at the top of the rankings to find these rare special ones.

Dave Petro was for awhile, Then time passed him and his style of play by. Will see if he can get his mojo back coaching for his archrival for last 30 years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs playing in any fall tourneys or just dodging teams until the spring?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dodging who…stop it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard about this particular forum at practice this morning and spent the last hour reviewing posts....do you know what the real problem with lacrosse is?

It's YOU, pathetic parents with nothing better to be crying and moaning and spending your time posting inaccurate / false information. This is my first and last post...

My Son is a 4 year crabs 26 player with a summer 08 birthday and one of the younger players on the team. With that in mind, I've watched him and the Crabs 26 team improve every year and tryouts each summer have been stressful but he's made the team each year through hard work and great coaching. My Wife and I (both college athletes) made a conscious decision to send him to school on schedule knowing full well he'd be playing against older kids with the expectation that he would rise to the competition.

I keep hearing nonsense that the 26 team is mostly (or all) holdbacks and that is entirely inaccurate....I actually had a Dad on our football team (who's Son did not make the Crabs cut and is on his 3rd club team) reference one of our players specifically as a holdback and had to set him straight immediately....the player he mentioned was actually playing up on the 25's (he's that good) and came back to 26 to play in his true year class. Shut him up pretty quick.

With regard to the crabs not inviting talented teams to our tournaments because we don't want the competition then let me ask you this....why the heck do we drive to Long Island for tournaments? Do you think we like going to LI? NOOOOO!

None of the Crabs parents like going to LI for the same reasons nobody likes going to LI. We do it for the kids so they get to play other highly competitive teams.

Next, with regard to recruiting kids from other states to fill Boys Latin dorms...again, complete BS. We do have 2 kids from FL on the team but guess what? They don't go to school at BL or any other MD school. The parents actually fly up for practice and games because the Dads played college lacrosse, they have very talented kids and the South FL lacrosse scene is not very competitive...(and I guess they have that kinda cash). Again, they do it for the kids. And, they selected Crabs. Does your son's team have parents that committed?

And finally, do you remember the Crabs 26 v Madlax game (Crabs won) last season where the Madlax coach was ejected in the 1st quarter, 2 players were ejected in the 4th quarter (with 4 minutes in a 2 man down situation) and then the referee's called the game with 1:15 left in the game because the parents were not nice? I do:)....now that's a classy lacrosse club!
(I couldn't resist)

Y'all have a great season, see you on the field.

Last edited by TM@BOTC; . Reason: use of vulgar language is Not permitted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard about this particular forum at practice this morning and spent the last hour reviewing posts....do you know what the real problem with lacrosse is?

It's YOU, pathetic parents with nothing better to be crying and moaning and spending your time posting inaccurate / false information. This is my first and last post...

My Son is a 4 year crabs 26 player with a summer 08 birthday and one of the younger players on the team. With that in mind, I've watched him and the Crabs 26 team improve every year and tryouts each summer have been stressful but he's made the team each year through hard work and great coaching. My Wife and I (both college athletes) made a conscious decision to send him to school on schedule knowing full well he'd be playing against older kids with the expectation that he would rise to the competition.

I keep hearing nonsense that the 26 team is mostly (or all) holdbacks and that is entirely inaccurate....I actually had a Dad on our football team (who's Son did not make the Crabs cut and is on his 3rd club team) reference one of our players specifically as a holdback and had to set him straight immediately....the player he mentioned was actually playing up on the 25's (he's that good) and came back to 26 to play in his true year class. Shut him up pretty quick.

With regard to the crabs not inviting talented teams to our tournaments because we don't want the competition then let me ask you this....why the heck do we drive to Long Island for tournaments? Do you think we like going to LI? NOOOOO!

None of the Crabs parents like going to LI for the same reasons nobody likes going to LI. We do it for the kids so they get to play other highly competitive teams.

Next, with regard to recruiting kids from other states to fill Boys Latin dorms...again, complete BS. We do have 2 kids from FL on the team but guess what? They don't go to school at BL or any other MD school. The parents actually fly up for practice and games because the Dads played college lacrosse, they have very talented kids and the South FL lacrosse scene is not very competitive...(and I guess they have that kinda cash). Again, they do it for the kids. And, they selected Crabs. Does your son's team have parents that committed?

And finally, do you remember the Crabs 26 v Madlax game (Crabs won) last season where the Madlax coach was ejected in the 1st quarter, 2 players were ejected in the 4th quarter (with 4 minutes in a 2 man down situation) and then the referee's called the game with 1:15 left in the game because the parents were not nice? I do:)....now that's a classy lacrosse club!
(I couldn't resist)

Good for you. But just watch your '26 team. Between 8th and freshmen is when many kids in Baltimore and headed to your son's school hold back. Half of your '26 team will be '27s next year.

You think there's no good club teams in the Baltimore region? Your club director and coaches make you drive to LI because they are scared to play local AAA and even AA teams. It's easy to say you are the best in Baltimore when you only play 3 local teams. You go to LI to avoid any losses to potential competing clubs. Have some cajones and play all the local AAA teams. Yeah, didn't think so.

And why did BL spend millions to build dorms if it wasn't for out of state kids? To fill it from kids from South Baltimore? From the South side of Roland Avenue? \\\LOL///

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

Glad it is your last post. You sound like a big braggart know it all who thinks the world revolves around you and your son. And your weak point about Crabs and holdbacks is just that, weak, The Crabs are holdback central for Clubs, ( Not that others arent) . The owner King Crab gives a speech I have heard more than once, encouraging holding your child back if you want to compete at elite level. More than once, since one of my sons has played for Crabs 3 years. I like the competition and club and tourneys. Dont have an issue with club besides wish youth teams were by age and HS by grade.
My sons team is over half holdbacks as are many Crab teams as you get into High School grades.

Sounds like your shut him up quick was once again a holdback playing his age and claiming he was playing up, once the holdback went back to his grade he was in his true year class. LOL.. You do realize that the holdback was now playing down for age? LOL ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs playing in any fall tourneys or just dodging teams until the spring?

What age group are you trying to stir pot about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

Butt hurt crabs parent right there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everybody know the high school age Crabs duck/avoid any MD based team that’s better than it. Everybody plays the out of state teams: it’s when you duck the local teams that your true colors show. All I keep hearing is “never mind the man behind the curtain”.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

Hahaha! Your kids a 26? And you are posting this. The holdback thing hasn’t affected him or come into play…. It will now! Good luck. You’ll be whining about it within a year or two when juniors spot is taken by a reclass!!! It’s still early man. You’ll see soon enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(I couldn't resist)

I 10000% call total BS. A year ago. 3 Crabs 2025 players reclassed - ALL ARE holdbacks. None of them were playing up. I know this because I know the families. No big deal but please don’t lie on here.

Like Reply Quote
Page 123 of 128 1 2 121 122 123 124 125 127 128
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard