Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the fat crab ever actually play varsity at BL?

He didnt play in HS ..But that has never stopped anyone from being a great coach. Many coaches even in the NFL never played college football, even a few never played HS.
Please name those coaches who never played HS or college ball.

The HC of Brown (who previously built the Tufts lax program) never played lax at any level

https://brownbears.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/roster/coaches/mike-daly/3829

Yes, but was a very organized football coach. FYI, now that he's in Division 1, his shine is a little off. Let's give him a full 4-5 years to build his type of program, but the jury's still out on this coach at the next level.

It amazes me that if you havent played at a High Level sports you cant coach at a High level...Lucky for the entire working world that philosophy is not gone by.

I mean it *is* gone by for the vast majority of working people (You will not be a senior staff engineer at Boeing if you "studied engineering in HS, top of my class, but they didn't have a good college program in my state so I studied Humanities."). Hiring pipelines exist for valid reasons.

Leadership jobs are different luckily. I think that is your point, and it's true.