BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 31 32
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ big upgrades. The gap gets wider.

Hopefully whoever goes is happy. Hopefully girls left to find their place somewhere else. Hopefully parents do right by their kid.

Hopefully daddy and mommy can hold on for another year keeping their kids on the field.

Team would be better if mommy was the head coach. At least she played at a high level. Unclear what experience the other two have

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy said than done to find a team that my girl is a good fit, right? You don't really know the organization and more importantly the team itself until you spend some time with them and then it's a whole year before the next try out for another team. And then even you hear the reputation about certain teams, but girls move around and the dynamics could be quite different.

Any suggestions how?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully whoever goes is happy. Hopefully girls left to find their place somewhere else. Hopefully parents do right by their kid.

Hopefully daddy and mommy can hold on for another year keeping their kids on the field.

Team would be better if mommy was the head coach. At least she played at a high level. Unclear what experience the other two have
Agree, she would be a better fit for this team, I think most parents feel this way. I don't get all the middle age men coaching girls lax. You would think a women run org would try to get more women coaches. I know people aren't a fan of parent coaches, but I think she would be great for this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy said than done to find a team that my girl is a good fit, right? You don't really know the organization and more importantly the team itself until you spend some time with them and then it's a whole year before the next try out for another team. And then even you hear the reputation about certain teams, but girls move around and the dynamics could be quite different.

Any suggestions how?

Talking to other parents who have been in lacrosse on LI. Also, knowing the level of player your daughter is and her commitment. How serious she wants to be and where she wants to go with Lacrosse. Most people I know did end up moving teams once or twice. Trying to find the right fit. That def. gets harder in JH and HS age level. Talk to LI people with girls in lacrosse. They know the organizations. Plus, you need to get in a team your daughter will actually play on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions how?

Since this year's team selection is mostly done, I'll give you some advice for next year. In late May or early June call a director of one of the clubs you're interested in. Tell them you're interested in coming to their club but you'd like your daughter to "work in" at a practice to get a feel for things. In my experience, Directors almost always say yes. Then you can see the other girls, the coaching, and how your daughter fits in.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions how?

Since this year's team selection is mostly done, I'll give you some advice for next year. In late May or early June call a director of one of the clubs you're interested in. Tell them you're interested in coming to their club but you'd like your daughter to "work in" at a practice to get a feel for things. In my experience, Directors almost always say yes. Then you can see the other girls, the coaching, and how your daughter fits in.

I haven’t heard of this “work-in” tactic before, but I guess it’s worth a try. Another suggestion is to go to other clubs’ clinics and camps and get a feel for how they run things, get to know the coaches, girls, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, she would be a better fit for this team, I think most parents feel this way. I don't get all the middle age men coaching girls lax. You would think a women run org would try to get more women coaches. I know people aren't a fan of parent coaches, but I think she would be great for this team.

Agreed. Just a matter of time. Grazzy will flame out and number 2 will follow his kid to B team eventually.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions how?

Is your daughter on a team this year? I have older kids as well as one at this age and I can honestly say I learned a ton watching the games. Listening to the coaches of other teams. Watching how the girls treated one another on the field. I would catch parts of other teams playing in between my kids games. Watching a coach during the game shows you a ton. Do the same girls sit most of the game? Does the coach yell? Is the coach giving instruction and taking time to talk to the girls in real time during the game? You also have to know your kid. How hard core do they want to be? Do THEY (not you) want to play in college some day? The biggest mistake I think parents make is chasing the A team at any cost. All A teams are not created equal. Sometimes you are better off being the top player on a B team than being at the bottom of an A team. If she isn’t on a team yet and wants to play travel
I wouldn’t have her sit idle this year. Call some of the clubs and see if anyone has spots (may be on their B team) it will give you a chance to experience travel and see some of the teams in action.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If YJ was the biggest winner with all this movement, who were the biggest losers?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG, Liberty, Empire, Jesters,

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would take Jesters off of that (they gained) and add Elevate! They have been on decline for the last couple of years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense. Top players from above teams aren’t going to YJ to be the next sheep to pay and sit the bench.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don’t think the FLG team would agree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nonsense. Top players from above teams aren’t going to YJ to be the next sheep to pay and sit the bench.

So where do you think they went? The teams definitely lost some of their top talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So where do you think they went? The teams definitely lost some of their top talent.

They stayed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG most definitely lost some talent - anyone saying otherwise is speaking nonsense

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG most definitely lost some talent - anyone saying otherwise is speaking nonsense

Their gains were greater than their losses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Liberty also definitely lost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gains were greater than their losses - keep telling yourself that

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my count lost 4 to YJ picked up 5

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my count lost 4 to YJ picked up 5

welcome to YJ! someone has to pay for the coaches hotels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the top talent from liberty go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the top talent from liberty go?

YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does top talent from every team eventually end up at YJ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There and TG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the past, due to getting their teams into top tournaments and attention for recruiting years. Although, I think that has changed in the past couple of years.

There are many very good LI clubs who go to the same tournaments and have had great success in getting their girls recruited! Lots of good team opportunities for LI girls. Find a team that your daughter will be happy on and actually play on in 7/8th/9th grade! Playing in the games in these years is crucial to get her better. Don’t go to a club for the name and sit the bench at tourneys! This def. will not help in recruiting come 10th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes and agree

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the standard practice of paying for the club fees? When you were offered a spot on a team, you pay a certain amount of deposit to "commit" to a team. What if you got a better offer 2 weeks later from another team? Looks like you'd be out of luck with the deposit, but am I liable to pay the rest of the fee? TIA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bigger problem is YJ has part ownership of all the ‘top tournaments’ so people feel that they must play there to get in those tourneys, the last poster is right, a ton of good teams on LI and more and more teams getting in these ‘top tournaments’ , there are a ton of good tk tourneys out there but ultimately YJ just padding their pockets bc this false narrative! Go to a team where your daughter has a good coach and will play, I know the YJ A team only played about 12-14 girls at most tourneys with a roster of 24!!!! In this age group, Flg, liberty, and empire all have Good HS coaches there, as well as YJA and YJB, not sure of the coaches at other clubs, But it’s not worth being on a team if you’re on the bench at this age!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is the standard practice of paying for the club fees? When you were offered a spot on a team, you pay a certain amount of deposit to "commit" to a team. What if you got a better offer 2 weeks later from another team? Looks like you'd be out of luck with the deposit, but am I liable to pay the rest of the fee? TIA.

Did you sign a contract or anything ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No further liability. You just lose your deposit. Did it once and was well worth it. I chose to lose my initial deposit rather than suffer through a summer where I would be pissed off.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did you sign a contract or anything ?

Did not sign a contract but by accepting the position, certain "terms" were agreed. But the terms are clear on no refunds but not clear otherwise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the terms have one payment to reserve a spot? Or was it a payment plan of consecutive payments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the terms have one payment to reserve a spot? Or was it a payment plan of consecutive payments?

You can choose either one of the two options. From the terms, it really wasn't well laid out, I'm curious what other people have experienced when they switched clubs, not just in my case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it’s a better opportunity then you have to do what’s best for your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the teams after the A for YJ ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered