Tryouts launched for Igloo Lacrosse, Legacy Lacrosse & Many More Club Teams - Check Our Forums > Tryouts to see when other teams have touts!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 02:39 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 02:30 PM
Boys 2029-5th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 02:29 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 02:28 PM
Boys 2028-6th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 06/30/22 02:25 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,148
Posts341,133
Members2,462
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 69 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 68 69
Re: Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
Anonymous #347228 08/24/21 11:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
YJ big upgrades. The gap gets wider.

Hopefully whoever goes is happy. Hopefully girls left to find their place somewhere else. Hopefully parents do right by their kid.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #347236 08/25/21 07:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully whoever goes is happy. Hopefully girls left to find their place somewhere else. Hopefully parents do right by their kid.

Hopefully daddy and mommy can hold on for another year keeping their kids on the field.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347269 08/25/21 09:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hopefully daddy and mommy can hold on for another year keeping their kids on the field.

Find a team that is a good fit for your daughter. Don’t go to a YJ team to just sit the bench! Your daughter will be miserable. Be honest about daughters abilities and access the situation clearly.

There are So many teams on LI! Find one where “she” can thrive and enjoy actually playing the game! You parents will not be happy traveling every weekend either, if your daughter only gets a few min. Of playing time! Plus, the way to get better is playing in actual games. Not just practices and scrimmages. Also, better for your daughters morale and happiness to actually be in the games.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347276 08/25/21 09:40 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Find a team that is a good fit for your daughter. Don’t go to a YJ team to just sit the bench! Your daughter will be miserable. Be honest about daughters abilities and access the situation clearly.

There are So many teams on LI! Find one where “she” can thrive and enjoy actually playing the game! You parents will not be happy traveling every weekend either, if your daughter only gets a few min. Of playing time! Plus, the way to get better is playing in actual games. Not just practices and scrimmages. Also, better for your daughters morale and happiness to actually be in the games.

Or volunteer to be an assistant coach.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347315 08/25/21 01:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or volunteer to be an assistant coach.

That's funny because it's true.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347333 08/25/21 03:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team would be better if mommy was the head coach. At least she played at a high level. Unclear what experience the other two have

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347345 08/25/21 03:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy said than done to find a team that my girl is a good fit, right? You don't really know the organization and more importantly the team itself until you spend some time with them and then it's a whole year before the next try out for another team. And then even you hear the reputation about certain teams, but girls move around and the dynamics could be quite different.

Any suggestions how?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347349 08/25/21 04:21 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Team would be better if mommy was the head coach. At least she played at a high level. Unclear what experience the other two have
Agree, she would be a better fit for this team, I think most parents feel this way. I don't get all the middle age men coaching girls lax. You would think a women run org would try to get more women coaches. I know people aren't a fan of parent coaches, but I think she would be great for this team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347355 08/25/21 04:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's easy said than done to find a team that my girl is a good fit, right? You don't really know the organization and more importantly the team itself until you spend some time with them and then it's a whole year before the next try out for another team. And then even you hear the reputation about certain teams, but girls move around and the dynamics could be quite different.

Any suggestions how?

Talking to other parents who have been in lacrosse on LI. Also, knowing the level of player your daughter is and her commitment. How serious she wants to be and where she wants to go with Lacrosse. Most people I know did end up moving teams once or twice. Trying to find the right fit. That def. gets harder in JH and HS age level. Talk to LI people with girls in lacrosse. They know the organizations. Plus, you need to get in a team your daughter will actually play on.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347361 08/25/21 05:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions how?

Since this year's team selection is mostly done, I'll give you some advice for next year. In late May or early June call a director of one of the clubs you're interested in. Tell them you're interested in coming to their club but you'd like your daughter to "work in" at a practice to get a feel for things. In my experience, Directors almost always say yes. Then you can see the other girls, the coaching, and how your daughter fits in.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #347370 08/25/21 06:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions how?

Since this year's team selection is mostly done, I'll give you some advice for next year. In late May or early June call a director of one of the clubs you're interested in. Tell them you're interested in coming to their club but you'd like your daughter to "work in" at a practice to get a feel for things. In my experience, Directors almost always say yes. Then you can see the other girls, the coaching, and how your daughter fits in.

I haven’t heard of this “work-in” tactic before, but I guess it’s worth a try. Another suggestion is to go to other clubs’ clinics and camps and get a feel for how they run things, get to know the coaches, girls, etc.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347393 08/25/21 10:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, she would be a better fit for this team, I think most parents feel this way. I don't get all the middle age men coaching girls lax. You would think a women run org would try to get more women coaches. I know people aren't a fan of parent coaches, but I think she would be great for this team.

Agreed. Just a matter of time. Grazzy will flame out and number 2 will follow his kid to B team eventually.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347425 08/26/21 08:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any suggestions how?

Is your daughter on a team this year? I have older kids as well as one at this age and I can honestly say I learned a ton watching the games. Listening to the coaches of other teams. Watching how the girls treated one another on the field. I would catch parts of other teams playing in between my kids games. Watching a coach during the game shows you a ton. Do the same girls sit most of the game? Does the coach yell? Is the coach giving instruction and taking time to talk to the girls in real time during the game? You also have to know your kid. How hard core do they want to be? Do THEY (not you) want to play in college some day? The biggest mistake I think parents make is chasing the A team at any cost. All A teams are not created equal. Sometimes you are better off being the top player on a B team than being at the bottom of an A team. If she isn’t on a team yet and wants to play travel
I wouldn’t have her sit idle this year. Call some of the clubs and see if anyone has spots (may be on their B team) it will give you a chance to experience travel and see some of the teams in action.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #347638 08/27/21 08:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If YJ was the biggest winner with all this movement, who were the biggest losers?

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #347642 08/27/21 09:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG, Liberty, Empire, Jesters,

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 69 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 68 69