BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,178
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 104 of 327 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 326 327
Re: Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think i mentioned this a few times already what i was seeing at blue (multiple) practices. It comes as no surprise we lost at national draw. Not going to rehash it but feel free to go back a few pages and take a glance. Don't think we can blame refs for this one. Wish we could though. Congrats to you Miss Jones.

Wonder how many feel the same about the game and the group. I was very surprised to see only one girl move from Jones to Curcio this year. All the other new players just came to YJ this year. And one moved from the Chris team. A lot of us thought that was kind of odd. Did they think that the better of the Jones girls weren't good enough? Or is Jones being allowed to have a say in who she keeps? My bet is the latter.

How surprised could you have been. After all 2020 Chris beat Jones last year. It must be the new girls that are carrying the Jones team because last years team was not so great. Now for a reality check. At this age it does not really matter. There are 5 teams at that age. Let's talk in 4 years, they will not even be close to the same as they are now! I predict that the top team will be 50% different in 4 years. Over the next 4 years you will see about 3 girls move down each year. They will be replaced by girls from all teams as well as new ones.

Will they cut sime girls in future to take better talent on any of the five teams? Can they really have more than five teams? History shows some of the better girls will show up to tryouts for the first time when they are middle school age remember these kids are still in 5th grade

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fluke , Don't be a moron. Blue was beat in every phase of the game including the final score. Your first 3 games were cake walks and one was on a forfeit. Blue thinks they are so good that they can just show up. . Maybe the score will be different , but a victory at ND is way better than Lax Blast. I guess your kid didn't get yelled at after the game. The coach should blame herself . Wrong kids on field at crunch time and Huge offsides with possession. Move on .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jones team had a great tournament and should be congratulated. Just remember, these teams will continue to change. Curcio team has plenty of talent, just were outplayed in this game. I'm sure people will blame refs, coaches, or taking teams lightly. They shouldn't. It's 5th grade lax. Lets move on and get them next game. At least that's what I've told my daughter.

Must say I was impressed by Jones teams defense. Good positioning and no fouls. In fact I don't think there was one stick check.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All I can say is YJ fielding 5 competitive teams at the 2020 level.
You should be happy that they did not make alot of changes in rosters
to keep the continuity and chemistry of the team. Actually I think that was the plan
not to desimate the teams but keep them Balanced at this age group. All 5 teams in this age group have varsity level coaches it's no wonder they are all doing well!!

Keep it up YJ

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think i mentioned this a few times already what i was seeing at blue (multiple) practices. It comes as no surprise we lost at national draw. Not going to rehash it but feel free to go back a few pages and take a glance. Don't think we can blame refs for this one. Wish we could though. Congrats to you Miss Jones.

It's called a fluke, we didn't take them seriously and they caught us sleeping. If they played 10 times Jones is lucky to win 1, unfortunately it was in the finals at National Draw.I'm sure we'll see them in the finals at Babylon Lax Blast and the score will be very different
THERE WE GO, a true YJ Blue parent bashing their little sisters on the Jones team. Thats why all Blue parents are disliked.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fluke , Don't be a moron. Blue was beat in every phase of the game including the final score. Your first 3 games were cake walks and one was on a forfeit. Blue thinks they are so good that they can just show up. . Maybe the score will be different , but a victory at ND is way better than Lax Blast. I guess your kid didn't get yelled at after the game. The coach should blame herself . Wrong kids on field at crunch time and Huge offsides with possession. Move on .

There was no forfeit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not so great, outside the Babylon lax blast blue took their lumps also. Jones is better coach. Curcio yelled and ripped her players after losing to Jones Gold team.

Blue played this game completely different than the other games all weekend. Didn't look like themselves at all. Not sure what happened - coming off big game or kids all moved around. Either way it was not the same blue team we had seen all weekend.
Btw other than lax blast, blue played up 1-2 years last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think i mentioned this a few times already what i was seeing at blue (multiple) practices. It comes as no surprise we lost at national draw. Not going to rehash it but feel free to go back a few pages and take a glance. Don't think we can blame refs for this one. Wish we could though. Congrats to you Miss Jones.

It's called a fluke, we didn't take them seriously and they caught us sleeping. If they played 10 times Jones is lucky to win 1, unfortunately it was in the finals at National Draw.I'm sure we'll see them in the finals at Babylon Lax Blast and the score will be very different
THERE WE GO, a true YJ Blue parent bashing their little sisters on the Jones team. Thats why all Blue parents are disliked.

ALL?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not so great, outside the Babylon lax blast blue took their lumps also. Jones is better coach. Curcio yelled and ripped her players after losing to Jones Gold team.

Blue played this game completely different than the other games all weekend. Didn't look like themselves at all. Not sure what happened - coming off big game or kids all moved around. Either way it was not the same blue team we had seen all weekend.

Blue parent excuses. Dont worry little shannon will be ok unless the parents screw it up for her. be humble and say great game to Jones

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams played up last year. Honestly, does it matter? Blue is blue. Had bad game. Jones team played well. End of story. Lets move on to next tourney. I'm sure if Curcio is unhappy she will make changes in fall. Until then cheer on the girls and enjoy your summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All teams played up last year. Honestly, does it matter? Blue is blue. Had bad game. Jones team played well. End of story. Lets move on to next tourney. I'm sure if Curcio is unhappy she will make changes in fall. Until then cheer on the girls and enjoy your summer.

Who cares no excuses to be made,coaching, who played who didn't there are many YJ teams don't play there twelve best during big games, they just don't let CR hear about it! A YJ team came out on top and that's what matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you do not think Curcio team played this game w different personnel than the MD game you are the moron. If you think your team would have beat MD you are wrong again. Congrats your team beat another YJ team and your parents acted like a bunch of a-holes , guaranteed had blue won parents would not have jumped on their cell phones yelling we beat them , high fiving each other. I get it you beat a better team in a 24 minute game ,a team with most of its better players on the sideline, congrats , calm down. The funny thing is all I hear is the parents of the better kids on your team begging to be moved to Curcio, so I guess they think she is a good coach. Calm down and act like you have won a game before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We did win one before, we beat you guys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did gold, wake up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think that any parent would be high fiving and celebrating the success of their children who worked so hard to win the championship in their division at National Draw, regardless of the opponent. It is very exciting to see a group of girls begin to gel so well and come together as a strong team under excellent leadership.

Can't it be possible that there are TWO groups of equally strong players in an age group? Why the rivalry? Let's celebrate them all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you do not think Curcio team played this game w different personnel than the MD game you are the moron. If you think your team would have beat MD you are wrong again. Congrats your team beat another YJ team and your parents acted like a bunch of a-holes , guaranteed had blue won parents would not have jumped on their cell phones yelling we beat them , high fiving each other. I get it you beat a better team in a 24 minute game ,a team with most of its better players on the sideline, congrats , calm down. The funny thing is all I hear is the parents of the better kids on your team begging to be moved to Curcio, so I guess they think she is a good coach. Calm down and act like you have won a game before.

Yeah I know. You guys came over after beating M & D talking about how the Championship didn't really matter because you beat M&D. Then proceeded to stand along, rather on top, of the sideline so you can instruct your precious on her every move with a lacrosse stick in hand as if Curcio may call your number. And now the excuses come. The girls weren't up to it cause the competition supposedly wasn't good, Curcio didn't play her best players enough, blah blah, blah. Not happy with Jones parents, fine. If you think that the Championship didn't mean anything, you're the bigger Moron. As for playing personnel, Jones played everyone equally every game, including Championship. Win as a team, lose as a team. As for your team. Good Luck to them. They are a fine group of girls. May win every game the rest of the year. Just didn't that day. It's a shame you just can't give credit where credit is due.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jones team had a great tournament and should be congratulated. Just remember, these teams will continue to change. Curcio team has plenty of talent, just were outplayed in this game. I'm sure people will blame refs, coaches, or taking teams lightly. They shouldn't. It's 5th grade lax. Lets move on and get them next game. At least that's what I've told my daughter.

Must say I was impressed by Jones teams defense. Good positioning and no fouls. In fact I don't think there was one stick check.

Curcio defense 4 goals allowed in 4 games prior to the championship game. Only 3 goals to M&D, none after the first 10 minutes of the game.That was impressive. Great job team Curcio. Congrats to team Jones. The rematch will be epic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think i mentioned this a few times already what i was seeing at blue (multiple) practices. It comes as no surprise we lost at national draw. Not going to rehash it but feel free to go back a few pages and take a glance. Don't think we can blame refs for this one. Wish we could though. Congrats to you Miss Jones.

ALL?

No Not All !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ALL?

No Not All. Some truly great people on sidelines. Bet they are not on here either. Class act they are.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Begging, Really. I really think that they are amazed that some kids were put on team in the first place. Like i have been saying since winter, omg learn how to catch and throw. Give us kids that can play the GAME, SEE THE GAME, WHAT TO DO WITH THE BALL !!!!!. Take the kid with vision over a so called athletic kid. (hands to the face,over and over and over). Maybe next year we get it right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone realizes that you're from the same club, right? And that you may occupy the same sideline? Enough, one team beat another. Give them credit and get them next time. No excuses. A Curcio parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Jones team had a great tournament and should be congratulated. Just remember, these teams will continue to change. Curcio team has plenty of talent, just were outplayed in this game. I'm sure people will blame refs, coaches, or taking teams lightly. They shouldn't. It's 5th grade lax. Lets move on and get them next game. At least that's what I've told my daughter.

Curcio defense 4 goals allowed in 4 games prior to the championship game. Only 3 goals to M&D, none after the first 10 minutes of the game.That was impressive. Great job team Curcio. Congrats to team Jones. The rematch will be epic.

Wasn't putting down our defense. Was just complimenting theirs. Our played well also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh. Ok. I get it. "She is your kid".

No, you still don't get it. There is no bragging here. Reading comprehension problems?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who cares no excuses to be made,coaching, who played who didn't there are many YJ teams don't play there twelve best during big games, they just don't let CR hear about it! A YJ team came out on top and that's what matters.

Some of her better girls never came off the field, just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Acted like a holes, maybe it is because they have to be around pompous individuals like youself who sit around and tell everone in condescending ways how great your kid is because she is on blue. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A divided YJ house in 5th grade it was bad enough when it was just blue and yellow now there are FIVE.

Only seven more years and about $20,000 to go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When CR changed the model to two blue teams, the idea was to have two strong teams to be able to compete. Much to the dismay of all the people who wanted to then call themselves true blue or real blue, the second team may be a better, more talented "team". You can put a bunch of very good individual players together and never get a good team out of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When CR changed the model to two blue teams, the idea was to have two strong teams to be able to compete. Much to the dismay of all the people who wanted to then call themselves true blue or real blue, the second team may be a better, more talented "team". You can put a bunch of very good individual players together and never get a good team out of it.

So give the 2020 rankings? who are the 2 blues and then 3 yellows? or is there a light blue? Important to know for tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So jones is the A Blue team till they are defeated!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So give the 2020 rankings? who are the 2 blues and then 3 yellows? or is there a light blue? Important to know for tryouts

I would get on any of those teams!! Awesome coaches and all competive

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is consistent with the logic used a thousand times on these threads. They won the tourney and went head to head with the formerly real blue team to do it, they are the team to beat and are the better blue team until beaten in a real tournament head to head. Blue parents obviously can't except this idea, but it is the same logic you would use otherwise if it were not your own team being demoted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enough, please!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it matter who is A or B your kid is darn lucky to play for either of these Ladies Curcio and Jones are two great coaches who care about developing players not just winning championships!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really? That's a joke. Look at the other age groups before making a blanket statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does it matter who is A or B your kid is darn lucky to play for either of these Ladies Curcio and Jones are two great coaches who care about developing players not just winning championships!!!

does anyone know out of the 2015 YJ verbal commitments, how many have come from the original blue team and how many have come from the new blue?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOOKING FOR HELP!!!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WOMEN'S LACROSSE SUMMER LEAGUE ON LONG ISLAND FOR COLLEGE KIDS? LOOKING TO KEEP THE STICK IN MY HANDS...THANK YOU

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
LOOKING FOR HELP!!!!! DOES ANYONE KNOW OF A WOMEN'S LACROSSE SUMMER LEAGUE ON LONG ISLAND FOR COLLEGE KIDS? LOOKING TO KEEP THE STICK IN MY HANDS...THANK YOU
Although you asked on the Yellow Jackets thread, the Black Diamond lacrosse program (see leagues on the left side of your display) does offer a women's summer league. Also, the Sand Beach Lacrosse tournament (July 27th, see top display) does offer an adult division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]When CR changed the model to two blue teams, the idea was to have two strong teams to be able to compete. Much to the dismay of all the people who wanted to then call themselves true blue or real blue, the second team may be a better, more talented "team". You can put a bunch of very good individual players together and never get a good team out of it.

does anyone know out of the 2015 YJ verbal commitments, how many have come from the original blue team and how many have come from the new blue? [/quot

14 out of 15 are from the original Blue. Now Blue LM.

Like Reply Quote
Page 104 of 327 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 326 327
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard