BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,616
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 55 of 69 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
From an non-Long Islander...
Can any 2017 team on Long Island beat the Tenacious Turtles?

Non Turtle folks on here, have you ever noticed all the "NON LONG ISLAND" lacrosse people that are really BIG Turtle fans??? Too funny.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No...not that we've seen. 91 played them indoors over the winter and lost by more then double digits. I know its indoors but they didn't show any signs of competing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

not likely

They havent lost to a 2017 team yet so the odds are against it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. Both teams are good but not at the level of the top teams.

I realize that this concept is difficult for you to process but fl$ actually plays everyone equally regardless of the game and they are still competitive. I would love to see the results of your so-called 'top teams' if they did the same. One thing that is indisputable is that fl$'s top players are as good or better then anyone out there.

So they have no man-up or man-down teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which of the current 2017 teams have hey beat?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which of the current 2017 teams have hey beat?

The Turtles put their tournament schedule on their website for all to see. Any of the other clubs can enter the same tournaments in the same divisions and if they win enough games they will meet the Turtles in the playoffs or finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not. But, I bet if you look at the birthdates of several players, they are older 2017 kids. I have no problem with this since it's well within the rules many tournaments have for grade based play. My suspicion is that's why they'll be at the U-15 championships this summer since a few/many of them would not make the age cut off next year at freshman. Remember, the express team that won last summer was freshman and most 2016 team players on LI make the cut off this year for U-15.

I'm sure I'll be corrected but it's just a hunch.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably not. But, I bet if you look at the birthdates of several players, they are older 2017 kids. I have no problem with this since it's well within the rules many tournaments have for grade based play. My suspicion is that's why they'll be at the U-15 championships this summer since a few/many of them would not make the age cut off next year at freshman. Remember, the express team that won last summer was freshman and most 2016 team players on LI make the cut off this year for U-15.

My guess is they have a tougher time down in Maryland in July..They may have cherry-picked the talent on Long Island, we'll see how they fare against Crabs et all...BTW, in the Brine National, are all the Turtles on the same Long Island team? Why not just come down as the Turtles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

another hater heard from with speculation based on no first hand knowledge. I guess if you just say it it will have to be true. Do you work for Newsday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No LI 2017 will come close to playing with the Turtles. It would be a vistory to get to a five goal difference.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue wasnt to impressive this weekend. Lost to the CT Chargers and struggled against a younger Team LI. Seem to be very up and down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does True Blue play any games away from Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Non Turtle folks on here, have you ever noticed all the "NON LONG ISLAND" lacrosse people that are really BIG Turtle fans??? Too funny.

Well, the Turtles are the only team that shows well off of Long Island...91...meh, Terp (Black, Blue or whatever color you choose, marginal...Gladiators decent...most others hide out on Long Island and compete with town teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

another hater heard from with speculation based on no first hand knowledge. I guess if you just say it it will have to be true. Do you work for Newsday?

Not a hater at all. It's fun to watch them play. Great team players. I just gave an opinion. If I'm wrong abouth the age thing, please let me know since you seem to be on the inside track. Besdies, it's not too hard to look at several of the the boys physical maturity and place an age on them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB will be at Young Guns and Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does True Blue play any games away from Long Island?

They were in Maryland a few weeks ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, the Turtles are the only team that shows well off of Long Island...91...meh, Terp (Black, Blue or whatever color you choose, marginal...Gladiators decent...most others hide out on Long Island and compete with town teams

Color is BLACK. Your sarcasm was trite.

Terps Black notable victories OFF LI-
Breakers
West Coast Stars
Dukes
Green Turtle
Westfiled CT
Tri State black
Superstar 2016

Played Crabs three times this season, lost all three within 4-5 goals

team ducks nobody.

Terps Black is NOT the #1 team in 2017 on LI, but "marginal" is a incorrect evaluation. Would be interested to see post of all the other 2017 victories off LI by 91, Gladiators, fl$, TB and the Turtles also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if anyone can beat the Turtles or 91 or True Blue or the Terps. Some people on here have lost their way, because we all know at the end of the day, your HS coach or Coach Danowski at Duke does not really give a hoot if you were on the best or worst 8th grade summer travel team. I played a long time ago, never did I see the attacks on kids, teams, clubs..Its embarrassing. Why bash a team or kids if they are better or if they play up, down or sideways? I wonder how many people that post on here actually played the game or just like to sit behind their computer and create animosity. They have to because they live vicariously through their children..Its brutal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a hater at all. It's fun to watch them play. Great team players. I just gave an opinion. If I'm wrong abouth the age thing, please let me know since you seem to be on the inside track. Besdies, it's not too hard to look at several of the the boys physical maturity and place an age on them.

All of the Top A 2017 teams have a large amount of boys that have december 98 birthdates, were left back, or started school late. That's why these programs don't want to change to a birthdate cut off for teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TB will be at Young Guns and Madlax.

Do you know which True Blue 2017 team is playing at the <<tournament>> this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Color is BLACK. Your sarcasm was trite.

Terps Black notable victories OFF LI-
Breakers
West Coast Stars
Dukes
Green Turtle
Westfiled CT
Tri State black
Superstar 2016

Played Crabs three times this season, lost all three within 4-5 goals

team ducks nobody. Better ask Mr. C about that one

Terps Black is NOT the #1 team in 2017 on LI, but "marginal" is a incorrect evaluation. Would be interested to see post of all the other 2017 victories off LI by 91, Gladiators, fl$, TB and the Turtles also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

crazy right?? Its almost like they respect them for working and playing hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine National Lacrosse Classic

Interesting breakdown of team rosters. LI North and NE North are the only teams that are exclusively 2017. The others have a lot of 2018 and even 2019 boys on their rosters.

TEAM__________________2019__2018__2017__TOTAL
Alabama__________________1____7____16____24
Florida__________________2____6____18____26
Georgia__________________0____3____23____26
Illinois_________________0____3____22____25
Long Island North _______0____0____24____24
Long Island South _______1____4____20____25
Maryland_________________4____6____15____25
New England North _______0____0____25____25
New England  South_______1____1____24____26
New Jersey_______________2____2____21____25
North Carolina___________0____6____21____27
Ohio_____________________1____8____17____26
Pennsylvania_____________0____3____21____24
Rochester________________0____9____13____22
Texas____________________2___11____11____24
Washington Dc____________2____6____18____26

Texas has a lot of 7th graders but I wonder how old? 3 boys are missing as their grad years did not make sense and 1 is missing as he is not assigned a team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breakdown by state:

NY__76
MD__39
NJ__28
GA__28
MA__28
FL__27
NC__27
TX__25
PA__23
IL__18
OH__17
AL__16
VA__11
CT__9
IN__9
RI__6
NH__5
SC__4
DE__2
TN__2
ME__2
ON__1
KY__1

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever picked the Long Island teams placed the Turtles on 1 team and the Terps on the other...interesting, they get to practice together while all the other teams met for the first time 6/30...whatever it takes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brine National Lacrosse Classic

Interesting breakdown of team rosters. LI North and NE North are the only teams that are exclusively 2017. The others have a lot of 2018 and even 2019 boys on their rosters.

TEAM__________________2019__2018__2017__TOTAL
Alabama__________________1____7____16____24
Florida__________________2____6____18____26
Georgia__________________0____3____23____26
Illinois_________________0____3____22____25
Long Island North _______0____0____24____24
Long Island South _______1____4____20____25
Maryland_________________4____6____15____25
New England North _______0____0____25____25
New England  South_______1____1____24____26
New Jersey_______________2____2____21____25
North Carolina___________0____6____21____27
Ohio_____________________1____8____17____26
Pennsylvania_____________0____3____21____24
Rochester________________0____9____13____22
Texas____________________2___11____11____24
Washington Dc____________2____6____18____26

Texas has a lot of 7th graders but I wonder how old? 3 boys are missing as their grad years did not make sense and 1 is missing as he is not assigned a team

Brine Tournament has taken off in LI much more than in the other states so far. My son is on the NJ team and there a 4-5 kids who are going to Jake Reed, but definitely not all of the best kids in the state. Same thing for Maryland. Hope it continues to improve, but LI teams should win as most of the best talent is playing from what I understand.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever picked the Long Island teams placed the Turtles on 1 team and the Terps on the other...interesting, they get to practice together while all the other teams met for the first time 6/30...whatever it takes

Isn't that how Rochester HS team won it a few years ago. The only team to practice together regularly before the event.

When you say Terps, which color?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And thats the problem. Last 2 years the teams were coached by an unbiased college coach who had the team play together as a team!!!! It was a great expierience. Now the usual suspects/coaches have inserted themselves and have contaminated the process and the teams....it was good while it lasted !!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. Last year it was evaluated by a club coach , Ballers , who loaded up the 2015 team with players , including his son, from his team that he coaches. He is also from Pequa and placed a bunch of Pequa kids on it as well.

So get your facts straight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my understanding it was a tryout, they chose the North team from the first tryout and the South from the second.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From my understanding it was a tryout, they chose the North team from the first tryout and the South from the second.

Lets be honest here, the North team was picked before the kids even stepped on the field.....Great bunch of players, there is no doubt about that, but lets not pretend that it wasn't a farce.......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets be honest here, the North team was picked before the kids even stepped on the field.....Great bunch of players, there is no doubt about that, but lets not pretend that it wasn't a farce.......

Lets get it out there then.. NOTHING in life is FAIR. And lacrosse is no different. There are mistakes, favors, and egos to support. Look at ANY awards or all star team and it's prevalent. You just have to come to terms with it. Just be happy BOTC exists as it saves everyone from spending thousands of dollars in therapy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Maryland team is totally random. Only a few
boys from the Baltimore area showed up. It will
be a LI beat down. I just hope it doesn't go to
their heads

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo. Great bunch of players and the typical few favors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings stayed the same because no one beat someone a head of them and other teams didnt play each other. Not sure what your thought process is. How would you change them? Remember that you have to beat someone to take there place. Only Long Island count.So if you win or loss to an outer state team things stay the same? Example: Garden City & Terps tied so no change. Interested in what you think is wrong with the rankings??

Where did your rankings come from? There were no head to head between Terps Black ' 91 or gladiators & 91. Or TB & Gladiators, etc it was based on a fall tournament that Terps lost to TB & then beat them in the final. & TB beat 91. They haven't played anyone since yet they shall remain #2 because you say so? Too funny Terps daddy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to burst your bubble but, it's just not true. Not all of north are Turtles & they were t all chosen @ the first tryout or before hand. You sound very petty

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong. Last year it was evaluated by a club coach , Ballers , who loaded up the 2015 team with players , including his son, from his team that he coaches. He is also from Pequa and placed a bunch of Pequa kids on it as well.

So get your facts straight.

Your right, and he was at this years 2017 tryout again and the 91 director and head coach in his ear. But the turtles coaches were in the bleachers so they had NO input. So at least that part was fair. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All of the Top A 2017 teams have a large amount of boys that have december 98 birthdates, were left back, or started school late. That's why these programs don't want to change to a birthdate cut off for teams.

And you think it gets any better at the higher level? Check out some of the top D I college teams where they have the birth dates on the player profile. Perfect example is UNC. Most are all a year or even two older for their grade compared to ny cutoff date. Also, add a pg, redshirt or grade repeater and you have really, really good lacrosse players that blow away 17 year old freshmen. Like it or not, it is what it is. There is no such thing as an even playing field, literally, when it comes to age uniformity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What difference does the birthdate make? Isn't Rob Pannell like 25 yrs old?

Like Reply Quote
Page 55 of 69 1 2 53 54 55 56 57 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard