BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 142 of 144 1 2 140 141 142 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Parents are not part of the organization. They don’t represent a club. If a kid is on a team and wears the Jersey he is responsible for his action and if he does something inappropriate the club/team does not agree with, then he should be kicked off. The team is not responsible for what a parent says or does. If a parent says derogatory racist stuff to people?? That’s on them, personally. They are not representation for a club. If the kid did it, different story. Then the team should kick them off. Could you imagine if teams had to apologize for every dense thing these parents are doing at the tournaments!

Well, if you read any of the Twitter comments and the statement made in Inside Lacrosse and by the organization involved, you would know that the lacrosse community is outraged. An official apology denouncing the incident would have been the appropriate thing to do.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No public apology from the organization is really bad

Public apology for what?

For parents representing the Express organization spewing hateful and belligerent remarks to Native American families. Why won’t the Express organization issue an apology for the actions of their members and denounce what occurred. People are still waiting and have not forgotten!

It’s one individual. It’s not an organization. She owes the apology for her actions. She’s not an employee of that organization. Her kid plays lacrosse there. Nothing to do with the team.

Everything to do with the team. Her and her son represented the team. Please stop making excuses. You are part of the program.

They weren't "representing" the team. Give it a rest. Why not give the directors a call instead of whining on an anonymous forum?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents are not part of the organization. They don’t represent a club. If a kid is on a team and wears the Jersey he is responsible for his action and if he does something inappropriate the club/team does not agree with, then he should be kicked off. The team is not responsible for what a parent says or does. If a parent says derogatory racist stuff to people?? That’s on them, personally. They are not representation for a club. If the kid did it, different story. Then the team should kick them off. Could you imagine if teams had to apologize for every dense thing these parents are doing at the tournaments!

Well, if you read any of the Twitter comments and the statement made in Inside Lacrosse and by the organization involved, you would know that the lacrosse community is outraged. An official apology denouncing the incident would have been the appropriate thing to do.

Blah blah blah. Go away

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The express owners, directors or coaches did not say anything inappropriate. There is no reason for them to apologize or issue a statement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When you wholeheartedly believe something to be true, you’d want everybody else to believe it too. That’s why people immerse themselves in echo chambers so that they can receive the affirmation that they seek.

If they are in a position of power, influence, and in this case anonymity, they might abuse it and impose their beliefs on others. But it doesn’t make it ok or right.

Given you likely believe you’re always on the moral high ground, I am curious your position on the following topics:
- Civil Rights
- Censorship and Freedom of Speech
- Abortion
- Religious freedom
- Affirmative action & reparations
- Climate change
- Death penalty
- Political party affiliation
- Minimum wage
- Social security
- Artificial intelligence
- Health insurance
- Labor unions
- Police brutality
- Outsourcing
- Gun control
- Foreign aid
- Vaccines

Please enlighten us! 🙏🙏🙏

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone has a right to make opinions on it. Mine is, that it was an individual that was not employed by the organization. It was a personal action that deserved a personal apology from that individual. Organization not involved. The kid shouldn’t be punished for it either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh Yes Twitter quotes. Must be real reliable. If you were not there don’t comment. You are just another cancel culture keyboard warrior chasing done your insecurities of being irrelevant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a lot of Express parents making excuses for one of their own. If you don't think that we as parents are representing the club that we pay to be a part of at large events like this, you're kidding yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seems like a lot of Express parents making excuses for one of their own. If you don't think that we as parents are representing the club that we pay to be a part of at large events like this, you're kidding yourself.

If you think YOU as a parent are representing a club lacrosse team as a parent you are kidding yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately you're a foolish 91 dad and just proved my point. You just said it yourself , And 91 invites those bad teams to their tournaments and beats them. Some of the 91 teams never see an annapolis Hawks , primetime , sweetlax etc.....because they're stuck in their own bad tournaments. But hey , if you think blowing out hitmen is good for the brand , wear your tournament t shirt proudly .
Unfortunately you're a foolish 91 dad and just proved my point. You just said it yourself , And 91 invites those bad teams to their tournaments and beats them. Some of the 91 teams never see an annapolis Hawks , primetime , sweetlax etc.....because they're stuck in their own bad tournaments. But hey , if you think blowing out hitmen is good for the brand , wear your tournament t shirt proudly .

Definitely not a 91 Dad here! I was commenting on your statement about the other LI teams. Could careless about 91 or WSYL as a matter of fact . I care about LI Lax and how we should be working to make it even stronger . You probably won’t agree with this statement because your kid probably plays on 2026 Express.

At the 2026 level, there really isn’t any strong competition on LI for Express unfortunately. It would be great if there was. More local competition would be a definite plus.

The 2026 B team is going to be greatly improved this year. Mark my words!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Still waiting for express apology from WSYL

Me too. They think if they ignore it, people will forget. What a disgrace!
Sorry

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you think YOU as a parent are representing a club lacrosse team as a parent you are kidding yourself.

I know you are, but what am I? C'mon. I thought we were adults here. Geez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Definitely not a 91 Dad here! I was commenting on your statement about the other LI teams. Could careless about 91 or WSYL as a matter of fact . I care about LI Lax and how we should be working to make it even stronger . You probably won’t agree with this statement because your kid probably plays on 2026 Express.

At the 2026 level, there really isn’t any strong competition on LI for Express unfortunately. It would be great if there was. More local competition would be a definite plus.

Thanks to the A team players moving down to make room for all the new hold backs . Still not sure if that will help!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks to the A team players moving down to make room for all the new hold backs . Still not sure if that will help!

If your talking about the B team I think the fact that some of the B Team players are going to the C team. This will give the C team a complete roster. I understand that the C team will be getting coach that will just be dedicated to their team. This will allow Wieczorek time to focus on just one team. The team should show tremendous improvement, granted they weren’t very good last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you 100%. The parents are just making excuses. These are the same parents that dog WP for leaving a tournament after loosing a game calling it bad sportsman ship.

I believe as one of the oldest travel organization around they keepers of the game and have an obligation to make a statement in support. This is not about if they did something wrong as an organization or not it's simply about equity and empathy. The organization could have chosen to be an Allie but showed us who they are and stayed silent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you 100%. The parents are just making excuses. These are the same parents that dog WP for leaving a tournament after loosing a game calling it bad sportsman ship.

I believe as one of the oldest travel organization around they keepers of the game and have an obligation to make a statement in support. This is not about if they did something wrong as an organization or not it's simply about equity and empathy. The organization could have chosen to be an Allie but showed us who they are and stayed silent.

Stop with your cancel culture Thing

Last edited by BOTC_EVENTS; . Reason: Profanity Cues not permitted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree 100%. It's a message that needs to be sent. Better late than never!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baloney. You’re the same person. Very sad to watch you continuously bring this up. Your fight is elsewhere…not with express. Also probably not with the woman who asked you or your friend to nicely get up so the kids could eat.

You clearly have an ax to grind and no one here is biting. Only thing you have achieved is that you’re an annoying person. I bet you weren’t invited to birthday parties as a kid and pushed to hard to be accepted. Just relax and you will see that doors open up for you. Good luck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Baloney. You’re the same person. Very sad to watch you continuously bring this up. Your fight is elsewhere…not with express. Also probably not with the woman who asked you or your friend to nicely get up so the kids could eat.

You clearly have an ax to grind and no one here is biting. Only thing you have achieved is that you’re an annoying person. I bet you weren’t invited to birthday parties as a kid and pushed to hard to be accepted. Just relax and you will see that doors open up for you. Good luck.

Not the same person, I was agreeing with a different poster. but keep drinking that racist Koolaid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Racist Koolaid.. You are a joke. Just because there is a different view does not make that person a racist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not the same person, I was agreeing with a different poster. but keep drinking that racist Koolaid!

Yes, he or she is a racist because they disagree with you. Get off this thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% you’re the same person. I am a racist? You should look in the mirror. Everyone is tired of you. Go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% you’re the same person. I am a racist? You should look in the mirror. Everyone is tired of you. Go away.

Whoever. But being verse, familiar with many cultures, shades of people, the majority of lacrosse parents look at other races of people as being subpar to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This. People can argue about who represents the club and who doesn't, but the fact remains that it was an opportunity for the club to stand up and be an ally — use their platform to denounce racism and respect the game — and they didn't get off the couch. Huge missed opportunity. The message is that they don't care or aren't smart, or maybe both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great lacrosse talk on here...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This. People can argue about who represents the club and who doesn't, but the fact remains that it was an opportunity for the club to stand up and be an ally — use their platform to denounce racism and respect the game — and they didn't get off the couch. Huge missed opportunity. The message is that they don't care or aren't smart, or maybe both.

What he said!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please explain exactly what transpired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, read your own post you sound just like the kind of people the person is discussing, you didn't invite people to your birthday party because they didn't fit in and when the tried to assimilate to be accepted you excluded them for trying to hard. That looks like you just have something against someone that will never change no matter they do. Then you try to bully them and expect them to let you do it. Then ehine when they don't. This is a Lacrosse forum anyone who has played this game, especially in the past before the body checking rules changed is very likely not a dude that will back down or be bullied.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please stop with the social justice warrior/virtue signaling nonsense. Don't we get enough of this shoved down our throats every time we turn on the TV?
We read these forums to discuss lacrosse, not be lectured on how racist we all are.. Let it go..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude, read your own post you sound just like the kind of people the person is discussing, you didn't invite people to your birthday party because they didn't fit in and when the tried to assimilate to be accepted you excluded them for trying to hard. That looks like you just have something against someone that will never change no matter they do. Then you try to bully them and expect them to let you do it. Then ehine when they don't. This is a Lacrosse forum anyone who has played this game, especially in the past before the body checking rules changed is very likely not a dude that will back down or be bullied.

Wrong. This subject is just clearly very personal for you and I 100% disagree with your opportunistic witch hunt approach to raise awareness on inclusion. You have singlehandedly hijacked this thread and continue to harass us all with your personal belief and moral pursuit. As with all things you will get much further with a more positive and inclusive approach to encourage others to get onboard with your beliefs. I wish you peace, happiness, and a more positive and subtle approach to push your moral agenda for future opportunities.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel youth lacrosse is a exclusive sport, period. I don't care what the talking heads say about growing the sport; it's all smoke and mirrors. Not all, but the majority of the parents are cut from the same pale cloth. Anyone who attempts to explain why they are not racist, sounds more like one doing so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Travel youth lacrosse is a exclusive sport, period. I don't care what the talking heads say about growing the sport; it's all smoke and mirrors. Not all, but the majority of the parents are cut from the same pale cloth. Anyone who attempts to explain why they are not racist, sounds more like one doing so.

Holy WOKE Batman. You sound like a total hammerhead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the problem is, because someone told you to move you blame it on racism . There are 2 different stories being told. what are we to believe. No one but the people involved know what happened , so its one word against another. Both sides have witnesses that back them up . so stalemate, and going out of your way to destroy that person on a public forum makes everyone believe you have a bigger agenda here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe that this is still a conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Accountability. Not cancel culture.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I can’t believe that this is still a conversation.

I know, right? If you ignore something it's supposed to go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Accountability for what? Please explain exactly what transpired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. This subject is just clearly very personal for you and I 100% disagree with your opportunistic witch hunt approach to raise awareness on inclusion. You have singlehandedly hijacked this thread and continue to harass us all with your personal belief and moral pursuit. As with all things you will get much further with a more positive and inclusive approach to encourage others to get onboard with your beliefs. I wish you peace, happiness, and a more positive and subtle approach to push your moral agenda for future opportunities.
Your post contradicts your own instructions. You would get much further with a more positive and inclusive approach to encourage others to get on board with your beliefs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, Very happy that I didn’t hold my breath while waiting for an answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, Very happy that I didn’t hold my breath while waiting for an answer.

It's too bad that you didn't, actually.

If nothing happened, why isn't the kid on the team anymore and why isn't he still going to SA as planned?

Like Reply Quote
Page 142 of 144 1 2 140 141 142 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard