BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,688
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 69 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Gladiators won they would have played 91. They lost to Laxachussets & 91 beat them decisively. How is that bracketing?
Part 2 turtle poles should not play in a B division.
Part 3 Did 91 remove the Terps Black or TB From the tournament or did they drop out?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There were no AA type players from Terps Black at the Laxfest today, just a few guys who needed some extra work and playing time. Terps Black played two games in the morning against Laxachusetts .

1 of the best if not the best terms black long pole played in the lax fest I seen him playing!

Truth be told, their were 3 players with long poles in their hands from TERPS BLACK played yesterday for the regular Terp team, all 3 are 1st line defensive/impact players from TERPS BLACK that are NOT on regular Terps. Ive witnessed regular Terps play three times in past few weeks, these players were NOT there until yesterday. Its wrong on many levels, Express been doing this for years.

ON saturday the "true" express terps C team played their 2 games.Than on sunday express terps "black" B team played. All in the b division.I guess express terps "black" B team did not want to play in the 8 th grade "A" division against team 91 orange ,gladiators , jesters and laxachussetts.so, express terps "black" B team need their own tournamnet at " field of dreams "............

CLASSIC

What team is your son on??? Please share, try not to lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the Gladiators won they would have played 91. They lost to Laxachussets & 91 beat them decisively. How is that bracketing?
Part 3 Did 91 remove the Terps Black or TB From the tournament or did they drop out?

Part 4 Its bracketing because 91 AVOIDED Gladiators in pool play to insure a playoff spot
Part 5 turtle pole?
Part 6 Dropped out? I doubt HIGHLY that Terps Black and TB dropped out of the little LI Laxfest "A" division. Both those teams are in Baltimore playing in crabs tourney, like them or not but those two teams don't duck anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part 4 Its bracketing because 91 AVOIDED Gladiators in pool play to insure a playoff spot
Part 5 turtle pole?

Part 6 Dropped out? I doubt HIGHLY that Terps Black and TB dropped out of the little LI Laxfest "A" division. Both those teams are in Baltimore playing in crabs tourney, like them or not but those two teams don't duck anyone.

Terps black did not play in tourney. They played laxachussets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Part 5 turtle pole?

Psrt 7 - 91 had it's last pool play game at 1215 while the south bracket teams played game on, game off right into the playoffs. Would be fair if each of the top 4 teams had the 2 plus hour break before the playoffs. Please read carefully - not saying the outcome would have changed but it would be fair. I realize that is a four letter word for some organizations.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were no AA type players from Terps Black at the Laxfest today, just a few guys who needed some extra work and playing time. Terps Black played two games in the morning against Laxachusetts .

1 of the best if not the best terms black long pole played in the lax fest I seen him playing!

Truth be told, their were 3 players with long poles in their hands from TERPS BLACK played yesterday for the regular Terp team, all 3 are 1st line defensive/impact players from TERPS BLACK that are NOT on regular Terps. Ive witnessed regular Terps play three times in past few weeks, these players were NOT there until yesterday. Its wrong on many levels, Express been doing this for years.

ON saturday the "true" express terps C team played their 2 games.Than on sunday express terps "black" B team played. All in the b division.I guess express terps "black" B team did not want to play in the 8 th grade "A" division against team 91 orange ,gladiators , jesters and laxachussetts.so, express terps "black" B team need their own tournamnet at " field of dreams "............

CLASSIC

terps black, (and for all those who don't have a kid on the team I'll clarify) did not play in laxfest. Terps black and it's players that are not on both teams and are the better players played laxachussets. call it aaa players, aa team, whatever your heart desires. so some regular terps got to put black decals on their helmets and say they are on the team. if that's what the parents want for their kid then that's nobody's business but their own. so these kids get to play on the reg terms team that they were on originally in tourneys like laxfest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While 91orange - TB blue -Gladiators - fl$ are all good teams , the Terps Black is the toughest ! Not only do they play the toughest 2017 teams in all the land (true), they have to play all the regular tournaments with a regular terp - piranha - or wolverine strapped to their backs ! That's a big responsibility to have to bring home the GOLD for all 2017 teams in the organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here are the rankings from this weekend. Looks like everyone stays the same. 91 beat Jesters easily. Gladiators beat fl$. 91 didn’t play Gladiators? Garden city and Terps tied. True Blue didn’t play any of the top teams at Maverick.

1. Turtles.
2. Terps black.
3. True Blue
4. Gladiators
5. 91 Orange.
6. Outlaws Black.
7. fl$
8. Jesters Black.
9. Garden City 17
10 Terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I buy Terp Black decals for my son's helmet? They sound nice, he would be excited to say he plays for them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts were 6 months ago but now the Brine Nationals are a week away. Final rosters after some adds/drops are posted on their website. Anyone thoughts on the teams?

I was not there and am curious if its OK to name the coaches that did the evaluations. Intrigued if the names on the list of players is loaded with their players.
- do you mean "the coaches with the strongest teams"? Are you wondering if THEY have the majority of the players making the team? That might not be so odd.

Let's face it the best teams might have 10-15 great players but the other 10 might be coaches son, friend of said coach, someone's son who donated or has some connections in some other field etc. It's all who you know.

OK, I faced it...I had my son, who has played with/against all of these boys for years, look at the list of 20 boys picked. He felt all of them (including both coaches sons) are incredible players who should be on the team. Are there 1 or 2 that might be interchangable with 1 or 2 of the players called back for another tryout this weekend? Maybe. From what we are told, they are picking 5 more players & putting together another team. Great idea...maybe you guys from this site should do the evaluating for that team because you all sound very unbiased. Hahaha (that was a joke:) It's not all "who you know" Its how talented you are, how hard you work & catching the attention of a very good coach! Thats the lesson you should be teaching your children, not this ridiculousness!Please stop taking away from these VERY talented boys!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CLASSIC

terps black, (and for all those who don't have a kid on the team I'll clarify) did not play in laxfest. Terps black and it's players that are not on both teams and are the better players played laxachussets. call it aaa players, aa team, whatever your heart desires. so some regular terps got to put black decals on their helmets and say they are on the team. if that's what the parents want for their kid then that's nobody's business but their own. so these kids get to play on the reg terms team that they were on originally in tourneys like laxfest.

So your a terps black parent admitting that your team is "B" team? Are you the person who typed that Terps is "C" and Terps Black is "B" and than capped it off with the word "CLASSIC"- was that you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Baltimore Top 10 after the Greene Turtle Invitational:
1)Crabs
2)Breakers
3)VLC
4)FCA
5)MadLax
6)Greene Turtle
7)Annapolis Hawks
8)Club Blue
9)MadLax-Rock
10)Fearless
Crabs beat Breakers in championship, VLC lost to Crabs in semis, Breakers beat MadLax in semis...FCA lost to VLC in OT earlier then beat Greene Turtle by 10 in the losers bracket game...very close games among the top 5

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here are the rankings from this weekend. Looks like everyone stays the same. 91 beat Jesters easily. Gladiators beat fl$. 91 didn’t play Gladiators? Garden city and Terps tied. True Blue didn’t play any of the top teams at Maverick.

You say 91 beat Jesters "easily", please it was Jesters 4-3 at the half way point. 91 then had a run and result was 9-4 after Jesters changed goalies. Yes, 91 won, but relax you have a good face off kid and second goalie option for Jesters was weaker.

I don't think any PLAYERS on either side would say easy....

It was a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this what the 2017 group has to look forward to after each tournament this summer?

Yes, I am on the 'Terps and Terps Black should not share players' band wagon but I don’t think we should resurrect that topic every week.

It seems that after each tournament the threads on this forum focus on the age of the out of state teams, how the brackets lined up, and how many Terps Black helmets were on the field. There was some very good lacrosse played last weekend in Farmingdale and all we seem to care about are the rosters.

Let's face the fact that teams and school districts outside of Long Island have different age cutoffs. We are going to see this all summer long. Also, unless an independent auditor performs the seeding, someone will always be upset with the brackets. And lastly the only thing Express is going to do about the Terps/Terps Black rosters is to continue to tick off all the other 2017 teams on LI.

We wait all season for the summer tournaments and this is what we want to talk about!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]There were no AA type players from Terps Black at the Laxfest today, just a few guys who needed some extra work and playing time. Terps Black played two games in the morning against Laxachusetts .

CLASSIC

So your a terps black parent admitting that your team is "B" team? Are you the person who typed that Terps is "C" and Terps Black is "B" and than capped it off with the word "CLASSIC"- was that you?

You're an idiot. Thats not what he said. Read the post. And FYI, the kids put on both teams is so they can get playing time bc it doesn't happen (or very little) in competitive game on black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where can I buy Terp Black decals for my son's helmet? They sound nice, he would be excited to say he plays for them!

yea, can you believe it? finally i'm understanding the 2 team setup.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is this what the 2017 group has to look forward to after each tournament this summer?

Yes, I am on the 'Terps and Terps Black should not share players' band wagon but I don’t think we should resurrect that topic every

Perhaps, then, the onus should be upon the organization committing the sleaziness? You seem to be like the abused wife, excusing the offender. Good lesson. Maybe the Express should be able to tie in the B divisions, using A and AA players, keeping those teams whom are working hard to improve from earning this accomplishment.

It seems that after each tournament the threads on this forum focus on the age of the out of state teams, how the brackets lined up, and how many Terps Black helmets were on the field. There was some very good lacrosse played last weekend in Farmingdale and all we seem to care about are the rosters.

Let's face the fact that teams and school districts outside of Long Island have different age cutoffs. We are going to see this all summer long. Also, unless an independent auditor performs the seeding, someone will always be upset with the brackets. And lastly the only thing Express is going to do about the Terps/Terps Black rosters is to continue to tick off all the other 2017 teams on LI.

We wait all season for the summer tournaments and this is what we want to talk about!?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please explain or justify- last yrs 2017 Orange kids, Turtle pole, etc. Please work up a nice excuse, then stick with the club for more reaming. Great example

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Here are the rankings from this weekend. Looks like everyone stays the same. 91 beat Jesters easily. Gladiators beat fl$. 91 didn’t play Gladiators? Garden city and Terps tied. True Blue didn’t play any of the top teams at Maverick.

You say 91 beat Jesters "easily", please it was Jesters 4-3 at the half way point. 91 then had a run and result was 9-4 after Jesters changed goalies. Yes, 91 won, but relax you have a good face off kid and second goalie option for Jesters was weaker.

But you will put it on your goalie? 91 only has a good face off kid & second goalie option? We're you at that game? It was tight @ half but, in the end the score was 9-4. Very good play all around! What was Gladiators score with laxachussetts & how did Black do against them in the morning?

It was a good game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone really care that the "Terps Purple" or whatever theyre calling themselves won the "B" bracket......

Now back to the real story of the weekend:

91 Orange went 6-0, beat the Jesters in the semifinals and Laxachussetts in the finals to win the "A" bracket

3 out of the 4 teams in the "A" playoffs were Long Island clubs..

Great showing by the "A" Long Island teams this weekend

91?? LOL. Great job at winning the tournament you CONTROL!! You bracketed it to avoid Gladiators (toughest team in the tournament with your 91 team).

They still had to win the games they played like everyone else. Gladiators lost in the semifinals to Laxachussetts. Im not a 91 parent and I get your point about the way they bracketed themselves, but at the end of the day they had to play and win the games.

I agree that 91 had to win games to be crown champions yesterday in their tournament and i know 91 is a really good team! But, you can't avoid the strong tournaments if you are suppose to be a "elite team".

Hand picked opponents by the coach, not the kids fault at all! Is 91 in the Crab tournament in early July?? I heard the list of teams is TOPS in the Nation in 2017!
please read through slowly, and note where this banana goes off the rails. One team's losing a game put them out, NOT tourney directors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone really care that the "Terps Purple" or whatever theyre calling themselves won the "B" bracket......

91 Orange went 6-0, beat the Jesters in the semifinals and Laxachussetts in the finals to win the "A" bracket

91?? LOL. Great job at winning the tournament you CONTROL!! You bracketed it to avoid Gladiators (toughest team in the tournament with your 91 team).

They still had to win the games they played like everyone else. Gladiators lost in the semifinals to Laxachussetts. Im not a 91 parent and I get your point about the way they bracketed themselves, but at the end of the day they had to play and win the games.

I agree that 91 had to win games to be crown champions yesterday in their tournament and i know 91 is a really good team! But, you can't avoid the strong tournaments if you are suppose to be a "elite team".

Hand picked opponents by the coach, not the kids fault at all! Is 91 in the Crab tournament in early July?? I heard the list of teams is TOPS in the Nation in 2017!

If you know anything about brackets the top teams aren't to meet each other until the semis/finals...91 played Jesters & Gladiators played laxachussetts in the semis (the top 4 teams) Exactly how it should have been set up! Gladiators lost, & 91 kept winning (without any new players added on) Never have, never will.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

please read through slowly, and note where this banana goes off the rails. One team's losing a game put them out, NOT tourney directors.

Positioning (in pool play) is HALF the battle with two day tournaments. I don't like bananas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please.... 91 6th grade had one game on Sunday. Well rested for playoffs .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Positioning (in pool play) is HALF the battle with two day tournaments. I don't like bananas.

So, gladiators & 91 should have come up against each other in the first round to knock one another out? They were 2 of the top 4 teams (according to the "bananas" on this site) You know NOTHING about brackets. In any sport the top "bananas" (1-4 as an example) are separated in the bracket to face each other in the semi/finals. The goal of a draw is to have the top teams play at the end of a tournament. If one should loose early it is not the tournament directors fault!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please.... 91 6th grade had one game on Sunday. Well rested for playoffs .

Same thing last year. What are the odds of having that luck 2 years in a row !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was a good game.

So the rankings stay the same this week? Amazing how the mind of a Terps daddy works? It started out based on who beat who & their brothers team last year. now it stays the same . You are a funny man!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would a Laxachusettes Dad or Mom please inform us of how Terps black did this past weekend? The topic seems to be skirted or dodged.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The rankings stayed the same because no one beat someone a head of them and other teams didnt play each other. Not sure what your thought process is. How would you change them? Remember that you have to beat someone to take there place. Only Long Island count.So if you win or loss to an outer state team things stay the same? Example: Garden City & Terps tied so no change. Interested in what you think is wrong with the rankings??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps black played two different Laxachuttes teams, one at 8:00 am which Terps black won 12 -1. and another at 9:00 am which Terps black won 9-1. this was supposed to be an off weekend for terps black, so these were in essence pickup games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts were 6 months ago but now the Brine Nationals are a week away. Final rosters after some adds/drops are posted on their website. Anyone thoughts on the teams?

Hearing a few injured players not making the trip - 2 Turts and an fl$. Still a very deep North team.

I was not there and am curious if its OK to name the coaches that did the evaluations. Intrigued if the names on the list of players is loaded with their players.
- do you mean "the coaches with the strongest teams"? Are you wondering if THEY have the majority of the players making the team? That might not be so odd.

Let's face it the best teams might have 10-15 great players but the other 10 might be coaches son, friend of said coach, someone's son who donated or has some connections in some other field etc. It's all who you know.

OK, I faced it...I had my son, who has played with/against all of these boys for years, look at the list of 20 boys picked. He felt all of them (including both coaches sons) are incredible players who should be on the team. Are there 1 or 2 that might be interchangable with 1 or 2 of the players called back for another tryout this weekend? Maybe. From what we are told, they are picking 5 more players & putting together another team. Great idea...maybe you guys from this site should do the evaluating for that team because you all sound very unbiased. Hahaha (that was a joke:) It's not all "who you know" Its how talented you are, how hard you work & catching the attention of a very good coach! Thats the lesson you should be teaching your children, not this ridiculousness!Please stop taking away from these VERY talented boys!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you know anything about brackets the top teams aren't to meet each other until the semis/finals...91 played Jesters & Gladiators played laxachussetts in the semis (the top 4 teams) Exactly how it should have been set up! Gladiators lost, & 91 kept winning (without any new players added on) Never have, never will.

So are you saying that the tournament organizers set the brackets up so these four teams would land in the playoffs? What about the selection videos??? (those have to be proof positive that the brackets are on the level wink ). Also, according to the unofficial rankings in the forum, fl$ has to be considered one of the top four teams, not Jesters. So, lets see, fl$, LAX-Black and Gladiators. What did all of these top 3 of 4 teams have in common. That's right, they had to play each other on the way to the play-offs. And, chances are two of them would land in the number 2 and 3 spots where they would have to play each other. Playing at least two of the top four teams during pool play would take it's toll on all three teams physically, in the loss column and in the goals against column.

Yes 91 Orange won their way to a championship and beat the best of the rest to do it. However, they only had to beat one of the other three best teams in the tournament to do it. If fl$, Gladiators or LAX-Black had won, they would have had to beat three of of the best teams in the division. One during pool play, one in the playoffs and one in the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ and Jesters are not one of the top teams. They are good teams but that is it. The Gladators and 91 will beat them 9 at of 10 times.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Michigan at last check beat jesters and lost to 91. True would have beaten laxachussets too. So which was the better bracket? not all about the lLI teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings, even in NCAA, change weekly. Good teams win some weeks and lose others. That's why the game is played. The unofficial rankings on this board should be taken lightly since they don't mean anything and are completely subjective. If you disagree with your spot, justify why you should be higher. If not, just accept it because its all for fun anyway. Look at the last NCAA d1 poll. Duke was #1 but the previous week were #8. #10Maryland was ranked #4 the week before. Is anyone going to argue that Duke and Maryland or any other top 10 team couldn't beat each other on a given day? If your 2017 team is even considered a top 10 for the age group, understand you could lose to one of the top teams any time. Yes, that includes 91 and the Terps etc. There is a ton of talent spread out among the teams. Enjoy the good competition and move on from this BS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. Both teams are good but not at the level of the top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ and Jesters are not one of the top teams. They are good teams but that is it. The Gladators and 91 will beat them 9 at of 10 times.

Says who? Enlighten us with your lax knowledge! fl$ and the Jesters are both very good lacrosse teams and will be competitive throughout the summer. The top teams (as you call them)definitely have more depth of talent.

The Jesters played 91 Orange very tough for most of the game. The 91 Orange face off kid took over and 91 controlled the play for the last 15 mins of the game. 91 is too talented of a team to give them possessions so naturally they went on a run and put the game out of reach.

Be careful with your blanket statements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Michigan at last check beat jesters and lost to 91. True would have beaten laxachussets too. So which was the better bracket? not all about the lLI teams!

They also lost to Three Village decisively.......report the whole story please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree. Both teams are good but not at the level of the top teams.

I realize that this concept is difficult for you to process but fl$ actually plays everyone equally regardless of the game and they are still competitive. I would love to see the results of your so-called 'top teams' if they did the same. One thing that is indisputable is that fl$'s top players are as good or better then anyone out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From an non-Long Islander...
Can any 2017 team on Long Island beat the Tenacious Turtles?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please explain or justify- last yrs 2017 Orange kids, Turtle pole, etc. Please work up a nice excuse, then stick with the club for more reaming. Great example

Last years orange kids? Some of those didn't even make the top team this year. Or I should say before all the shenanigans....

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 69 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard