BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,809
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does anyone have any experience with the US Lacrosse National Combine? Is it a new thing?
It’s not new, it started 2 years ago and was put on hold last year for obvious reasons. My daughter made the inaugural team that played Canada for the Ogden cup. It was an amazing experience for her. At first most people thought it was a money grab, but it became obvious that they really wanted to start the international process early and get our athletes experience. It was great seeing the girls wearing the USA colors and how they acted while wearing them. While they were only together a short time it was time well spent. That’s my daughters experience, but I know every parent we dealt with thought the same thing.

How much was the total cost this year for this National combine? It wasnt posted when tryouts posted so didn’t know how expensive it ended up being?

Last edited by JesLax1; . Reason: Duplicate quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have any experience with the US Lacrosse National Combine? Is it a new thing?
It’s not new, it started 2 years ago and was put on hold last year for obvious reasons. My daughter made the inaugural team that played Canada for the Ogden cup. It was an amazing experience for her. At first most people thought it was a money grab, but it became obvious that they really wanted to start the international process early and get our athletes experience. It was great seeing the girls wearing the USA colors and how they acted while wearing them. While they were only together a short time it was time well spent. That’s my daughters experience, but I know every parent we dealt with thought the same thing.

How much was the total cost this year for this National combine? It wasnt posted when tryouts posted so didn’t know how expensive it ended up being?

You have to make the cut first, then the second cut in august. If you're lucky enough to make it the cost is what it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gotcha. I thought girls had already tried out and made it to the combine round so thought someone might know the cost. Guess it’s still TBD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching 2024s here at Nationals. Jesters team with the “daddy coaching” is a joke. Prime example why the clubs should do away with parent coaching. He’s ruining that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Weiner goes 1-2 in opening round

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watching 2024s here at Nationals. Jesters team with the “daddy coaching” is a joke. Prime example why the clubs should do away with parent coaching. He’s ruining that team

Where will you find an experience knowledgeable coach to coach your little girls making $3 hour? I’m not defending jesters 24 coach cause I think he’s a hammerhead but some parents with qualifications do a great job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of the 3 YJ teams made it out of bracket play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

None of the 3 YJ teams made it out of bracket play.

All that bickering for nothing. None of those teams made the playoffs

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where will you find an experience knowledgeable coach to coach your little girls making $3 hour? I’m not defending jesters 24 coach cause I think he’s a hammerhead but some parents with qualifications do a great job.

Yes, I totally agree that some are qualified and very fair. But… overall it’s not a good idea. Jester team is a prime example as to why daddy coaching and parent coaching shouldn’t happen. The clubs make really good money and should hire coach’s that are not parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm…, these clubs making plenty of money with 25+ on teams. No excuses … hire some coaches

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, I totally agree that some are qualified and very fair. But… overall it’s not a good idea. Jester team is a prime example as to why daddy coaching and parent coaching shouldn’t happen. The clubs make really good money and should hire coach’s that are not parents

What’s this prime example ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the yj bickering is comical considering most of their teams are getting beat at us lacrosse nationals

Couldn’t agree more. Not what they used to be I guess. But at least they all have the same car magnets.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a big fan of daddy coaches outside of PAL. Especially when there are more than one or two on the sideline. However, some are very knowledgeable and effective. It’s when the daddy nepotism takes over, and their kid gets substantial playing time over more deserving players ....a lot more deserving. Or shouldn’t even be on that ‘level’ specific team. This is where the issue usually is. Every parent sees it, some coaches don’t think so. They’re wrong about that. Makes them look foolish. Also, they are doing all parties a substantial disservice. No team can be ultimately successful when it’s played like this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ummm…, these clubs making plenty of money with 25+ on teams. No excuses … hire some coaches

Finding someone to take the job for very little pay to deal with ridiculous parents is a problem. All the experts in the bag chairs on the side that have never played are turning coaches away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There’s some good players on that black team. Hope they leave before it’s too late

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also the case with my daughters bandits team not one but THREE parent coaches favoring their kids and destroying this team. Thought two was enough the last few years then they add in another mommy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also the case with my daughters bandits team not one but THREE parent coaches favoring their kids and destroying this team. Thought two was enough the last few years then they add in another mommy.

Bandits, Jesters, and YJ all are perfect examples of why parents coaches are inadequate. Many may have lacrosse knowledge but when their kids are involved obviously there is too much drama. Bandits 2024 has their kids and their kids friends playing whole games and just shuffles them to different positions instead of subbing them. They think we don’t notice on the sidelines but it’s beyond obvious what they are doing.

What’s going on with jesters black? Is it not a good option? We were going to try and and leave bandits after this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Finding someone to take the job for very little pay to deal with ridiculous parents is a problem. All the experts in the bag chairs on the side that have never played are turning coaches away.

Not true at all. There are many good coaches willing to do this because they love it. Blue devils coach is great. Legacy coach is great. 91 coach is great. Wiener herself, also great. There are plenty of strong coaches who aren’t parents who aren’t doing it for the cash

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bandits, Jesters, and YJ all are perfect examples of why parents coaches are inadequate. Many may have lacrosse knowledge but when their kids are involved obviously there is too much drama. Bandits 2024 has their kids and their kids friends playing whole games and just shuffles them to different positions instead of subbing them. They think we don’t notice on the sidelines but it’s beyond obvious what they are doing.

What’s going on with jesters black? Is it not a good option? We were going to try and and leave bandits after this year.

We have some really talented girls who can’t seem to find a way to put it together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We have some really talented girls who can’t seem to find a way to put it together

What’s going on is “daddy coaching” and, he is not using the very good talent he has sitting on the sidelines

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The way to put it together is through good coaching. These clubs need to dig a little deeper in their pockets and hire some good coach’s and not parents of a kid who is in that team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how "Daddy" coaches have their judgment clouded because they are only favoring their daughters, while parents posting here do so with the utmost objectivity and integrity LOL!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of daddy coaches and kid and friend nepotism, wonder how Ramos and Chamberlain are handling their week at Nationals? Both very calm and level headed guys, I'm sure they aren't taking it out on those poor girls. You know, the ones that don't play for Mt. Sinai, the ones that get pulled when they make a mistake. As opposed to the inside girls, who make mistakes and just keep on getting playing time. Great environment on that team, screaming at the girls is great coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny how "Daddy" coaches have their judgment clouded because they are only favoring their daughters, while parents posting here do so with the utmost objectivity and integrity LOL!!

Truth !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all. There are many good coaches willing to do this because they love it. Blue devils coach is great. Legacy coach is great. 91 coach is great. Wiener herself, also great. There are plenty of strong coaches who aren’t parents who aren’t doing it for the cash

Weiner? That team is the definition of Mommy ball.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club directors. Find some non parent coaching!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Weiner? That team is the definition of Mommy ball.

Not even a comparison , there’s 3 coach’s on that team and the one that has the “say” is not a parent. No one to keep the Jesters guy in check

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add Elevate to that list of bad parent coaching. Oh and Liberty while you’re at it. TG seems to be the rare club that doesn’t use parent coaches (happy to be corrected if I’m mistaken).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Speaking of daddy coaches and kid and friend nepotism, wonder how Ramos and Chamberlain are handling their week at Nationals? Both very calm and level headed guys, I'm sure they aren't taking it out on those poor girls. You know, the ones that don't play for Mt. Sinai, the ones that get pulled when they make a mistake. As opposed to the inside girls, who make mistakes and just keep on getting playing time. Great environment on that team, screaming at the girls is great coaching.

Not sure what this post is referring to. That team only has 3 Mt Sinai girls on it. What’s an inside girl?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Add Elevate to that list of bad parent coaching. Oh and Liberty while you’re at it. TG seems to be the rare club that doesn’t use parent coaches (happy to be corrected if I’m mistaken).

In the TG argument , a parent coach that doesn’t yell and scream at their girls and make them cry (@ Nationals 2025s) could be a better option

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure what this post is referring to. That team only has 3 Mt Sinai girls on it. What’s an inside girl?

TG coach’s screaming at their girls this weekend at Nationals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top guns has the smiths but they don’t show up half the time they threw a random chick on the sideline a few weeks ago who has never met the kids. Non parents that I know of are blue devils, recon has a college player coach, 91 crossfire, and maybe empire.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish I knew what other bandits player this was so we can have a drink and discuss how mommy and daddy’s (plural!) have made lacrosse miserable for our children

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally a topic we can all agree on- get rid of the parent coaches !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Finally a topic we can all agree on- get rid of the parent coaches !

Parent coaches who are knowledgeable, effective and don’t play by Nepotism ...fine. The rest, please go back to your day jobs. You look ridiculous. No longer under the radar. More like under a microscope.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Speaking of daddy coaches and kid and friend nepotism, wonder how Ramos and Chamberlain are handling their week at Nationals? Both very calm and level headed guys, I'm sure they aren't taking it out on those poor girls. You know, the ones that don't play for Mt. Sinai, the ones that get pulled when they make a mistake. As opposed to the inside girls, who make mistakes and just keep on getting playing time. Great environment on that team, screaming at the girls is great coaching.[

Smiths r screamers
Always has always will
And they scream at kids that they don’t even know n will kick a coach off sideline to run a team that they coach once or twice a season

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Speaking of daddy coaches and kid and friend nepotism, wonder how Ramos and Chamberlain are handling their week at Nationals? Both very calm and level headed guys, I'm sure they aren't taking it out on those poor girls. You know, the ones that don't play for Mt. Sinai, the ones that get pulled when they make a mistake. As opposed to the inside girls, who make mistakes and just keep on getting playing time. Great environment on that team, screaming at the girls is great coaching.[

Smiths r screamers
Always has always will
And they scream at kids that they don’t even know n will kick a coach off sideline to run a team that they coach once or twice a season

Ok. We get it … you have your agenda about TG. But you are high jacking the thread about daddy coaches. But thanks for your uninformed opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I guess your daughter will be trying out for another team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when US Lacrosse will let players know if they have been selected for the National Combine?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when US Lacrosse will let players know if they have been selected for the National Combine?

How does one get invited to the National Combine? Is it stat driven, club driven or does one have to be nominated?

Page 22 of 26 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Link Copied to Clipboard