BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,756
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 126 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 125 126
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA is all about who you know and who knows you. They have good talent, but not the best from top to bottom. I just looked at the AS roster. 2023 is talented, but what happened to the 2022’s, only about 15 players selected and a third are TLC. Must not have been a large 2022 attendee pool.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It is your girls you have coached for many years and asked to run through walls for you. Of course there is bias. How do you do the tryout so it is fair? I say skill drills and sprint speed gets you on the team and then scrimmaging only gets you off the team, would be best in these tryouts. Some score for drills and "athletic" ability like shuttle drill and or 40 yard sprint. Rank all field players by those 2 metrics. Scrimmage and look for girls who wind up by dropping passes or bad shot selection or ball hogging to deduct from the rankings. That is how I would do it. Maybe I have each coach put in a players name away from the rankings and if she is within 5 from the 22nd ranked girl she bumps the last girl. Coach privilege.

Good assessment. I like that model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was so hot and I felt bad for the girls. DK is a coach, so I saw some Redshirt players selected in the call back group, as expected. On another note, I looked at the American Select 2022 team. All I can say is, Wow! Quite a few TLC players selected.
Some of those girls that are playing for AS, played in the UA in the past. Hoping AS takes off and proves the UA to be a joke that it has become.

I would think that most players have a goal of playing in the Under Armour Senior All American game. You may as well just remove your name from consideration if you choose to go play for American Select

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA is all about who you know and who knows you. They have good talent, but not the best from top to bottom. I just looked at the AS roster. 2023 is talented, but what happened to the 2022’s, only about 15 players selected and a third are TLC. Must not have been a large 2022 attendee pool.

Why would any committed 2022 pay over $800 to play in this event when UA is free other than the tryout fee? That's why you don't see many of the top 2022s. Mac is coaching so you have some NDP girls there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was so hot and I felt bad for the girls. DK is a coach, so I saw some Redshirt players selected in the call back group, as expected. On another note, I looked at the American Select 2022 team. All I can say is, Wow! Quite a few TLC players selected.
Some of those girls that are playing for AS, played in the UA in the past. Hoping AS takes off and proves the UA to be a joke that it has become.

I would think that most players have a goal of playing in the Under Armour Senior All American game. You may as well just remove your name from consideration if you choose to go play for American Select
Senior game is still a joke. How does a player not make it on the Senior game but has played in every UA game? How does someone make the Senior game that has not played in the all the UA games? I know - she played in the SPSG championship game, therefore that qualified her? It's all a joke. There are 3 local 22's that are guaranteed a spot on the Senior game, and everyone can name them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were 22's that actually got cut from AS

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Senior game is still a joke. How does a player not make it on the Senior game but has played in every UA game? How does someone make the Senior game that has not played in the all the UA games? I know - she played in the SPSG championship game, therefore that qualified her? It's all a joke. There are 3 local 22's that are guaranteed a spot on the Senior game, and everyone can name them.

That's absurd. Just because someone chose not to tryout for UA they shouldn't be considered to be one of the top 44 players in the class? Obviously you are talking about the SPSG goalie and I don't think there is anyone that knows the 2021 goalies that wouldn't agree that she is one of the best in the class. She has been incredible in her 2 full years at SPSG and was very good for SW all those years who were one of the best club teams in the class. There is no way she is not one of the top 4 goalies in the 2021 class. And on the flip side how does making UA Underclass every year guarantee you a spot on the senior team? You realize there are hundreds of girls that make UA Underclass every year? Inside Lacrosse and college coaches choose the Senior Team. It is a completely different thing than Underclass. Not everyone that makes Underclass 2 or 3 times can make the Senior Team. You read constantly on here about how the UA Underclass tryouts are flawed and political and then you have people saying that it should be what determines who makes the Senior Team. If you look historically at the UA Senior Teams they do a pretty good job of identifying the top players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You somewhat made my point. The 2022 roster is weak. There are players on that roster that have not been recruited or committed. In my opinion, the talent did not tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's absurd. Just because someone chose not to tryout for UA they shouldn't be considered to be one of the top 44 players in the class? Obviously you are talking about the SPSG goalie and I don't think there is anyone that knows the 2021 goalies that wouldn't agree that she is one of the best in the class. She has been incredible in her 2 full years at SPSG and was very good for SW all those years who were one of the best club teams in the class. There is no way she is not one of the top 4 goalies in the 2021 class. And on the flip side how does making UA Underclass every year guarantee you a spot on the senior team? You realize there are hundreds of girls that make UA Underclass every year? Inside Lacrosse and college coaches choose the Senior Team. It is a completely different thing than Underclass. Not everyone that makes Underclass 2 or 3 times can make the Senior Team. You read constantly on here about how the UA Underclass tryouts are flawed and political and then you have people saying that it should be what determines who makes the Senior Team. If you look historically at the UA Senior Teams they do a pretty good job of identifying the top players.

I know kids from across the country that didn’t tryout for UA, because they know it is not fair and open competition. They are arguably some of the best players in the 2022 class. Just because they didn’t tryout doesn’t mean that they won’t get selected for the UA Senior game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You somewhat made my point. The 2022 roster is weak. There are players on that roster that have not been recruited or committed. In my opinion, the talent did not tryout.

That is correct. Wait till next year to see if the 23 team returns or jumps over to under armour. 23 and below best players chose American select. Fact !

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FAX

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is correct. Wait till next year to see if the 23 team returns or jumps over to under armour. 23 and below best players chose American select. Fact !

A few 23s that made AS were at UA tryout FACT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on the regions which is why it's such a shame that they started this event and scheduled it on the same weekend as UA. It will create 2 watered down events. The SW director is coaching the 2023 AS team so of course they have a lot of the SW girls. The M&D 2024 coach is coaching the 2024 AS team so of course they have a bunch of M&D girls there. In other regions you have the better girls going to UA. The coaches/club directors are determining where girls are trying out because kids think they have a better chance making the team with their coach there.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
No one should be surprised if there are Redshirts players on UA - by the way, players that have never been on a UA team in the past. So again, PROOF that it's all a bunch of crock. It's not always the best of the best who is playing, it's all about WHO IS COACHING.

I know its not East coast competition, but the UA tryouts in Midwest are a complete farce. Unfair is an understatement. The coaches 100% pimp their own kids. Corrigan's ought to be ashamed to have their names associated with this BS! The Midwest girls command team does not have 1 kid from central Ohio which is a girls hotbed. The entire team was made up of Michigan & Minnesota kids. Mich. & Minn. might be the 2 weakest states for girls LAX in the Midwest. Guess where the coaches came from? you guessed it Michigan & Minnesota. Half the final team was probably in the bottom half of the kids who tried out. I don't think there are more than a handful of kids on the team that deserve to be there. Total joke. there were kids in the 44 game that barely touched the ball in the tryouts. Its no surprise why the midwest gets lose every year.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by TAS1234
I know its not East coast competition, but the UA tryouts in Midwest are a complete farce. Unfair is an understatement. The coaches 100% pimp their own kids. Corrigan's ought to be ashamed to have their names associated with this BS! The Midwest girls command team does not have 1 kid from central Ohio which is a girls hotbed. The entire team was made up of Michigan & Minnesota kids. Mich. & Minn. might be the 2 weakest states for girls LAX in the Midwest. Guess where the coaches came from? you guessed it Michigan & Minnesota. Half the final team was probably in the bottom half of the kids who tried out. I don't think there are more than a handful of kids on the team that deserve to be there. Total joke. there were kids in the 44 game that barely touched the ball in the tryouts. Its no surprise why the midwest gets lose every year.
Been saying this for years about CSE. UA is a joke, Senior game included.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone that thinks the senior game is a joke is just mad that their kid wasn't selected. Every kid, boy or girl, has a goal of being selected to play in that game. The senior game and underclass are totally different. The senior game isn't about what club/HS coach chose you in some 4 hour tryout. It's selected by a panel of college coaches and others from Inside Lacrosse based on years of playing. I know every award, list, ranking, etc has to be called a joke on here because it makes people feel better about themselves but these kids need to work hard to get on those teams.

Last edited by JMLax1; . Reason: harsh words not permitted
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This makes the point. The UA Senior game is selected from a set of criteria. I don’t think that we can argue against the past teams that were selected, and they have been some of the best talent in the country. There is always going to be that bubble player that gets left off of the team, but for the most part they do a good job of selection. CSE has been given great advice in the past on selecting evaluators and coaches from other states with no club affiliation, but they choose to ignore great advice. My daughter made the UA underclass team twice, but she chose not to tryout the last two years because of the partiality. She knew that there were players on her past UA team that were chosen because of who they knew, and she was very opposed to this practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a Redshirt makes the team, we should all protest to CSE. No way any player from that team is a top player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%^
There’s a reason why Corrigan is tweeting about AS, makes me think their tryout numbers decreased by a lot for him to tweet about it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 UA 2022 call backs were pretty much BMS players. Guess who was the coach: BM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You somewhat made my point. The 2022 roster is weak. There are players on that roster that have not been recruited or committed. In my opinion, the talent did not tryout.[/quote]

That is correct. Wait till next year to see if the 23 team returns or jumps over to under armour. 23 and below best players chose American select. Fact ![/quote]

A few 23s that made AS were at UA tryout FACT![/quote]

Those 23s be flexing’. Fishing for accolades. They wouldn’t be on the AS rosters unless they paid the money.
It’s not a great year for the 23’s to be trying out for Highlight. There are some real beasts on the 22’s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 UA 2022 call backs were pretty much BMS players. Guess who was the coach: BM.

And BM is coaching American Select this year and those BMS girls are there. So as much as they want to say AS is different it’s the same thing except it costs $700 more

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree. BM is a TLC coach and director of the TLC middle school program. So that’s why we see five TLC players on AS 2022. AS selection is no better than UA, it just cost more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It depends on the regions which is why it's such a shame that they started this event and scheduled it on the same weekend as UA. It will create 2 watered down events. The SW director is coaching the 2023 AS team so of course they have a lot of the SW girls. The M&D 2024 coach is coaching the 2024 AS team so of course they have a bunch of M&D girls there. In other regions you have the better girls going to UA. The coaches/club directors are determining where girls are trying out because kids think they have a better chance making the team with their coach there.

I think you are wrong. Coaches never told girls where to go. Maybe by their presence influenced their decision to try. Also coaches had no input on teams. And most of the 23 sw made the UA team with an NDP coach and 2 mnd coaches that didn’t coach 23 age group. Try again with another excuse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are wrong. Coaches never told girls where to go. Maybe by their presence influenced their decision to try. Also coaches had no input on teams. And most of the 23 sw made the UA team with an NDP coach and 2 mnd coaches that didn’t coach 23 age group. Try again with another excuse.
That is not true and how can you assert this fabrication. A coach advised my daughter to tryout for the AS team. Coaches do advise kids where to go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there was any question on the goal of American Select, the fact that they are having 2 teams at each age group on Long Island should answer them. It's a total money grab. 44 girls per age? That's not exactly just the elite.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously?

Yes, check the AS website and for LI when it shows the coaches it shows 1 2022 team and then 2 teams at 2022, 2023 and 2024. I guess if you can swindle and extra almost $40k ($595 x 22 girls x 3 teams) why wouldn't you when the whole reason for starting the event was to make money to begin with. They took the UA model which did not make a lot of money for CSE and realized that it could be a goldmine if they scheduled it the same week and set the tryouts before UAs. Saying it would be run differently and then seeing that almost all the coaches were prior UA coaches should have been a clue. Not to mention that it is being run by the person that used to run UA Underclass tryouts. A sucker is born every minute and when it comes to lacrosse parents that are desperate for little Susie to have accolades it's probably more like every 30 seconds.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch, but true.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously?

Yes, check the AS website and for LI when it shows the coaches it shows 1 2022 team and then 2 teams at 2022, 2023 and 2024. I guess if you can swindle and extra almost $40k ($595 x 22 girls x 3 teams) why wouldn't you when the whole reason for starting the event was to make money to begin with. They took the UA model which did not make a lot of money for CSE and realized that it could be a goldmine if they scheduled it the same week and set the tryouts before UAs. Saying it would be run differently and then seeing that almost all the coaches were prior UA coaches should have been a clue. Not to mention that it is being run by the person that used to run UA Underclass tryouts. A sucker is born every minute and when it comes to lacrosse parents that are desperate for little Susie to have accolades it's probably more like every 30 seconds.

Correct on all accounts... but no 2022 team.. no one showed up to tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously?

I guess the MD parents are a bit more thirsty to put something on their daughter's resume. It certainly won't help the 2022s make the Senior UA team if they chose to play AS instead of trying out for UA. But with LI not having a 2022 team the MD team should have a pretty easy tournament.

Last edited by JMLax1; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2022 MD team is weak. Look at the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously?

I guess the MD parents are a bit more thirsty to put something on their daughter's resume. It certainly won't help the 2022s make the Senior UA team if they chose to play AS instead of trying out for UA. But with LI not having a 2022 team the MD team should have a pretty easy tournament.

Such a ridiculous comment

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously?

23 md girls on highlight team. How many will make the final 44 next year ? Not all 23 !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously?

23 md girls on highlight team. How many will make the final 44 next year ? Not all 23 !!

Of course not, but do you think if there is a comparison between 2 girls and one went to AS and the other tried out for and played on UA CSE is going to choose the girl that played on the AS team instead of taking a chance and waiting for UA tryouts that just seems shortsighted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the best of the best play for UA, why are a lot of the 22’s selected not all committed? If your the best of the best, wouldn’t you have committed by now? The word “best” is so over rated

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking at the AS 2022 roster. No one on that roster would make the UA team. Some are B team players that went to TLC, and some are just not impressive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the best of the best play for UA, why are a lot of the 22’s selected not all committed? If your the best of the best, wouldn’t you have committed by now? The word “best” is so over rated

That is what others have communicated. UA underclass selections are typically not the best of the best, but selected because of who they know. The UA Senior team is typically the best of the best, with some that may have been left off the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am looking at the AS 2022 roster. No one on that roster would make the UA team. Some are B team players that went to TLC, and some are just not impressive.
But yet some have been on the UA team in the past…so clearly you don’t know what you are talking about

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm pretty sure that every 2022 on the Baltimore and LI UA team will be committed. Obviously from other regions you aren't always going to have everyone committed at this point. Their called hotbeds for a reason and Baltimore/LI/CONNY/NY/Philly/DC usually dominate the event.

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 126 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 125 126
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard