Check the Forums >Tryouts Section to See Which Clubs are Holding Tryouts this Week - Don't Miss Out!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2027-7th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 02:01 PM
Girls 2024-10th Grade Fall 2021/Summer 2022
by cltlax - 08/02/21 01:50 PM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:47 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 08/02/21 01:41 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,460
Posts303,303
Members2,323
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous #334903 06/20/21 09:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am a parent on the HoCo 25 team. Is the coaching perfect? Of course not. Have they been on a positive arc for the past year? Absolutely. The vast majority of these attacks on the HoCo 25 Coach and team come from two malcontent parents on the team. One of them simply has a personality disorder it would seem and the other is the father of a girl that doesn’t get much playing time, which leaves him in a state of constant complaint. Wonderful girls, shame about the dads. It’s been a very good season to this point, great girls and great parents. The coaching is steadily improving and is responsible for their recent run of strong play.

Wow.

Having also been involved for a few years, I would question your narrative that just ‘two dads’ are upset with situation.

Hopefully the situation resolves itself but I would advocate that you tone down the personal attacks otherwise your message that the parents & players are great is lost…

How did HOCO do at Lax for the Cure?

Looks like 3-2 per site. Looks like they did ok vs some teams but then a bit more lopsided when playing higher level teams?

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #334909 06/20/21 09:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not what I said - I said there are two fathers pathologically attacking the team online in this forum. I’m assuming you are one of them. Maybe time to stop the incessant and pathetic attacks. Btw - great weekend for HoCo 2025 Black in New Jersey. Beat two more top ten teams. Sure looks like a quality team to me.

Lady, you are barking up the wrong tree. Get yourself some help.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #334930 06/21/21 06:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great games this weekend. Tough loss for Hero's Green to NY by one in quarter finals and even tougher for M&D black to lose by one in the championship to NY. Get them next time girls.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334936 06/21/21 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great games this weekend. Tough loss for Hero's Green to NY by one in quarter finals and even tougher for M&D black to lose by one in the championship to NY. Get them next time girls.

Tough for some teams to have to play 3 back to back games and then play a team that had a bye. Have to say M&D looked impressive. Watched them play Sky walkers while waiting for our game. Can't believe they lost the way I saw them playing

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334948 06/21/21 09:19 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems our Maryland teams do not do as well against the backer defense that NY teams use. I bet they will learn........

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #334949 06/21/21 09:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hoco 25 Black was 3-1 for the Tournament. Loosing to Skiywalkers Blue and beating Nems and Big 4 HHH who are 17th and 16th in the US club rankings (They also be MD United last weekend who is 13). On Sunday they agreed to help out out and play an extra game against Prime Time because they had no one to play on Sunday due to Yellowjackets withdrawl. Skywalkers had been asked to play them initially but refused.
They did loose to Prime Time but wouldn’t consider it a fair assessment because the game didn’t count and Hoco walked straight off the field from Nems and started playing PT. I believe they play PT next weekend again so that may give a more realistic assessment of that matchup.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #334967 06/21/21 11:06 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how much stock you can put into these mini playoff games. YJ played the style they needed to in order to win though.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #335001 06/21/21 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure how much stock you can put into these mini playoff games. YJ played the style they needed to in order to win though.

As a Maryland lacrosse parent I’m concerned. That was a B team that beat both Heros & M&D. One win could be a fluke, but to beat both?

That was probably only the 5th or 6th best team on Long Island.

Last edited by JesLax1; 06/21/21 01:37 PM.
Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #335004 06/21/21 01:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, those teams play a tough backer defense that we do not. Our teams need to learn how to play against them. Also, one has to wonder if they had any guest players from the NY Spallina team.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #335006 06/21/21 01:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a Maryland lacrosse parent I’m concerned. That was a B team that beat both Heros & M&D. One win could be a fluke, but to beat both?

That was probably only the 5th or 6th best team on Long Island.

My D is not on either of those teams, but what are you concerned about. Who cares.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #335014 06/21/21 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a lot of comments that the other 25 YJ lamingello also had an unusually strong showing in their bracket.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #335019 06/21/21 02:53 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again, those teams play a tough backer defense that we do not. Our teams need to learn how to play against them. Also, one has to wonder if they had any guest players from the NY Spallina team.

its an interesting question where you have a team who has always struggled against other b teams from top programs and seemed overmatched from a talent and coaching perspective but is now dominating a bracket and beating the best of the best

kudos to those kids if its legit and those girls/coaches just worked harder over the covid year

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #335021 06/21/21 03:05 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, I agree it's concerning for us plus we have the refs trying their best to help us but we need to score more. Our D played well the O needs to step it up. We were really looking forward to playing Spinlies team but he canceled to watch his boyz team. He only had 21 players. I wish we knew sooner.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #335025 06/21/21 03:22 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were a lot of comments that the other 25 YJ lamingello also had an unusually strong showing in their bracket.

and thats there c team

something is up

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #335032 06/21/21 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes something is up, we don't know how to score against their backer defense! It is not rocket science. We looked like deer in the headlights against
their defense.

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard