BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,688
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 46 of 69 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg!!! Give it a rest already. Here's an idea. How about you worry about your sons team and how they are doing, and stop obsessing about the Terps. They are just another lacrosse team like many others. Isn't it about time you fathers find another team to pick on... really.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Would like to know which game at the JDRF tourny, and at what field, that you saw 3/4 of the team wearing Terp Black helmets.

Would like to know myself. As I know for a FACT there were ONLY 3 true TERP BLACK players helping the Piranhas out that day.

The real question is - Why are there ANY Terp Black players "helping" other teams? Are we now accepting this as status quo and its not a question any more of "if" there will be terp black players playing for other teams but "how many"? Pretty outrageous that the parents and players on the other express teams that are being "helped" are putting up with less playing time when the Marines are called in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares how many terps played to help the pirahanas...
Express Pirahanas are aweful... I saw them not even get 1 shot off the entire game against a club team in the fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its always the same fathers complaining. Some things never change. You guys are pathetic. Is there nothing else going on in your life?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
go easy...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
take your medicine... then return to the forum you critisize laugh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody notice the Turtles are the only 2017 team entered into the JV division for the NYLA showcase at Farmingdale this weekend? They seem WAY ahead of everbody else in this grade on the recruiting process. I predict a Turtle (not to be confused with Terp or Terp Black) will verbally commit this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Terps and Black Terps are all real ballers and could play on any LI club team. As a parent, many a message has come my way inviting my son to play elsewhere. Why? There is some notion floating around about agendas and disenfranchised players and parents. What most people don't get is that the kids don't remember whether they won or lost by Wednesday of the following week. What they do care about is how they are treated, are they becoming better players and is the experience fun for them? The Terps and Black Terps are respected by each other, treated equally by their GREAT coaches, have big fun on and off the field and are all becoming better players. This set up also prepares the boys for the future. Do you think when your son gets recruited by Duke he will not have to fight for a spot daily? Think again. Will you call Danowski and whine and cry foul? How will your kid handle it? Transfer or gut it out and show character? Will he prioritize playing over love of the game, commradery and oh forgot the fact that he is getting one of the best educations on earth? Well, Express is preparing my kid for all of the above and I hope you hold your club to the same standard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we rename this forum from "Boys 2017" to "Terps/Terps Black Criticism and Responses". This is so boring and has gotten downright ridiculous. Stop already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares how many terps played to help the pirahanas...
Express Pirahanas are aweful... I saw them not even get 1 shot off the entire game against a club team in the fall

The discussion is Terps Black helping Terps which many on this site claim does not happen. Lots of kids with Terps Black on the back of their helmet during the championship game vs Outlaws at JDRF. I recall two specific #s #44 and #00

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody notice the Turtles are the only 2017 team entered into the JV division for the NYLA showcase at Farmingdale this weekend? They seem WAY ahead of everbody else in this grade on the recruiting process. I predict a Turtle (not to be confused with Terp or Terp Black) will verbally commit this summer.

Thats great for you Turtle guys, awesome! But, they aren't the ONLY team in 2017 age doing a team recruiting event this Summer (theres one other). Before you say things like that here please be prepared before you spew incorrect info. Hint, its an EXPRESS TEAM.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Omg!!! Give it a rest already. Here's an idea. How about you worry about your sons team and how they are doing, and stop obsessing about the Terps. They are just another lacrosse team like many others. Isn't it about time you fathers find another team to pick on... really.

No obessing here but there have been many posts saying how Terps Black and Terps are totally separate teams, and that Terps Black players are way more talented than Terps, blah, blah, blah. Evidence at JDRF that they are not two separate teams by the amount of boys with Terps Black on the back of their helmet playing for Terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like to know which game at the JDRF tourny, and at what field, that you saw 3/4 of the team wearing Terp Black helmets.

Would like to know myself. As I know for a FACT there were ONLY 3 true TERP BLACK players helping the Piranhas out that day.

So Mr. FACT, how many TERP Black players helping the Terps out that day? I saw at least 8 Terps Black players on Field 1 during the championship game at JDRF. Didn't notice them on the Piranhas but you could be right on that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So Mr. FACT, how many TERP Black players helping the Terps out that day? I saw at least 8 Terps Black players on Field 1

during the championship game at JDRF. Didn't notice them on the Piranhas but you could be right on that one.

I believe you are confusing the 2 tournaments "JDRF" Piranhas had 3 Terp Black players that only play black. At the "Forsberg Tournament" the Terp Black players in attendance always play on both teams (Terp and Terp Black)

Mr. Fact

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thats great for you Turtle guys, awesome! But, they aren't the ONLY team in 2017 age doing a team recruiting event this Summer (theres one other). Before you say things like that here please be prepared before you spew incorrect info. Hint, its an EXPRESS TEAM.

Wow, too much coffee this morning? The poster was simply pointing out that the Turtles are the only 2017 team registered in the NYLA showcase this weekend. However on this point he was incorrect. True Blue has their A team in the NYLA showcase. The NYLA showcase is historically a very good recruiting event. If you go on their website and look at the list of college coaches attending you will understand why. At no point in the post did he say that other teams were not doing recruiting tournaments. The poster was correct in stating that the Turtles are probably way ahead of the curve as far as getting early college looks. I dont think it is a stretch to say that one of the boys on that team will be the first to verbally commit to a D1 school. So Mr. Terps Black it is duly noted that your team is going to a recruiting event this summer. Best of Luck to you and your son........

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, too much coffee this morning? The poster was simply pointing out that the Turtles are the only 2017 team registered in the NYLA showcase this weekend. However on this point he was incorrect. True Blue has their A team in the NYLA showcase. The NYLA showcase is historically a very good recruiting event. If you go on their website and look at the list of college coaches attending you will understand why. At no point in the post did he say that other teams were not doing recruiting tournaments. The poster was correct in stating that the Turtles are probably way ahead of the curve as far as getting early college looks. I dont think it is a stretch to say that one of the boys on that team will be the first to verbally commit to a D1 school. So Mr. Terps Black it is duly noted that your team is going to a recruiting event this summer. Best of Luck to you and your son........

Thanks but I enjoy tea, not coffee. I agree that one of the Turtle players will be the 1st 2017 commit on LI and I wasn't aware that Trueblue has there team in the NYLA event thats great for those guys also. Best of luck to you and your son also.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are crazy. who cares about any of this? I hope that this is not an indication of what i have to look forward to when my son is in the 8th grade.

Why do you care who plays for what team? players move from team to team for different games and tournaments all the time. It is done at all ages at many different programs. Sometimes kids play for different teams within the same club/town and sometimes they play for a different club/town. There are times when a team is created just for a single game or tournament. Why do you people have such hatred for the express "terps/terps black". if your kid plays for one of the teams and you do not like what they do go find a different team. If you do not play for the express why do you care what they do?

Kids play for multiple teams. Kids play on town teams when they do not live in the town. kids play for multiple clubs. Kids play for town teams and club teams.

This is done all the time at all different ages with boys and girls. This in not just going on with 2017 terps.

Express, 91, HDD, Threshers, fl$, West Islip, Ward Meelville/three villiage, CSH, Syosset etc.. I have seen it done by all of them and more.

Ringers are brought in to play and to help teams win.

Stop complaining about one group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are crazy. who cares about any of this? I hope that this is not an indication of what i have to look forward to when my son is in the 8th grade.

Why do you care who plays for what team? players move from team to team for different games and tournaments all the time. It is done at all ages at many different programs. Sometimes kids play for different teams within the same club/town and sometimes they play for a different club/town. There are times when a team is created just for a single game or tournament. Why do you people have such hatred for the express "terps/terps black". if your kid plays for one of the teams and you do not like what they do go find a different team. If you do not play for the express why do you care what they do?

Kids play for multiple teams. Kids play on town teams when they do not live in the town. kids play for multiple clubs. Kids play for town teams and club teams.

This is done all the time at all different ages with boys and girls. This in not just going on with 2017 terps.

Express, 91, HDD, Threshers, fl$, West Islip, Ward Meelville/three villiage, CSH, Syosset etc.. I have seen it done by all of them and more.

well said.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Tournament at U Delaware this weekend. The Express has their strong team entered. Lets see how they do against the Crabs and the other quality teams down there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just looked at the teams for the NYLA, yes the Turtles are entered, however they are going to be playing some tough older teams. I saw the Turtles play this past fall in the Skull and Bones and they had a hard time against older more physical teams. Yes they have a couple of exceptional individuals, however I think their success has been a function of the team playing together for many years. They know their plays cold that is for sure. I think they are making a big mistake by playing up in this tournament. They would be better off staying in their 2017 and dominating that for recruiting purposes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big Tournament at U Delaware this weekend. The Express has their strong team entered. Lets see how they do against the Crabs and the other quality teams down there.

Crabs beat Gladiators and 91 Orange to win the Brine Beach lax tourney last weekend in Ocean City, MD. Not sure what the score of the Gladiator game was but I know they beat 91 Orange 5-4 in the finals. Im gonna say they are probably one of the best teams around at this age group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs beat Gladiators and 91 Orange to win the Brine Beach lax tourney last weekend in Ocean City, MD. Not sure what the score of the Gladiator game was but I know they beat 91 Orange 5-4 in the finals. Im gonna say they are probably one of the best teams around at this age group.

The Crabs are very good, but I remind you the Team 91 tied a team called the Flamingos at Beach Lax. This team was a group of boys from Baltimore who went just of have fun, no coaches, no practices...It will be interesting to see how they do against real competition.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crabs are very good, but I remind you the Team 91 tied a team called the Flamingos at Beach Lax. This team was a group of boys from Baltimore who went just of have fun, no coaches, no practices...It will be interesting to see how they do against real competition.

The Crabs have repeatedly played and beaten the top LI teams. My son is on a 2017 Long Island travel club and we have played them. They are very, very good. The Gladiators are probably the hottest travel club on Long Island and the Crabs beat them. The fact that Team 91 tied some team noone ever heard of is insignificant. 91 Orange happens to be a very good team as well. So what youre saying is that Team 91 and the Gladiators arent real competition? Sorry, I have to strongly disagree with you on that one........Wouldnt suprise me in the least if the Crabs win the whole thing in Delaware this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks but I enjoy tea, not coffee. I agree that one of the Turtle players will be the 1st 2017 commit on LI and I wasn't aware that Trueblue has there team in the NYLA event thats great for those guys also. Best of luck to you and your son also.....

Earl Grey? Just busting chops........Somehow I have a feeling the Turtles will do very well this weekend.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point was, not whether 91 is a good team...the Crabs haven't been tested except for a loss vs MadLax...I look forward to seeing Crabs play LI Express Terps Black (or whatever the best team is in that program)or vs Tenacious Turtles...and to be honest the 91 team should have lost against the no name Flamingo team...unfortunately because the Flamingos had no coaching they coughed up a 2 goal lead with 3 min to play. I would like to see 91 come down and play in Baltimore

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays club lacrosse in Baltimore, new to the board, looking to see what this board views as the best talent on Long Island at the 2017 age group? I have seen the Turtles play down here (best I have seen) 91 is solid as is LI Express.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My point was, not whether 91 is a good team...the Crabs haven't been tested except for a loss vs MadLax...I look forward to seeing Crabs play LI Express Terps Black (or whatever the best team is in that program)or vs Tenacious Turtles...and to be honest the 91 team should have lost against the no name Flamingo team...unfortunately because the Flamingos had no coaching they coughed up a 2 goal lead with 3 min to play. I would like to see 91 come down and play in Baltimore

Im asking and don't know whats accurate. During the Fall, didn't Crabs played Express Terps Black in Long Island? Crabs won by a couple I heard. Is that correct?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure about Crabs playing LI Express in the fall...one of the LI Express teams came down and beat up on the Breakers last fall...the U15 Crabs is very different than last years U13 team (better in my opinion). The Crab tourney 7/6 will be a good baramoter, think both Express and Turtles are down here...keep 'em coming down, makes for good competition and great lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Crabs have repeatedly played and beaten the top LI teams. My son is on a 2017 Long Island travel club and we have played them. They are very, very good. The Gladiators are probably the hottest travel club on Long Island and the Crabs beat them. The fact that Team 91 tied some team noone ever heard of is insignificant. 91 Orange happens to be a very good team as well. So what youre saying is that Team 91 and the Gladiators arent real competition? Sorry, I have to strongly disagree with you on that one........Wouldnt suprise me in the least if the Crabs win the whole thing in Delaware this weekend.

They are very good for sure!! I hope their is a Crab parent or coach on here because I have a couple of questions. Why does their roster changes from Fall to Summer? I guess the parents are told that up front? They don't hide this stuff, its all on their rosters on their site so I guess thats how their club is ran.

And why in the Fall were there a couple of players that were on the 2016 roster and the u15aa roster? I think their top player was #5 middie, he's on a couple of teams for Crabs. I guess if you play against the Crabs in Fall you play a NEW Crab team in Summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am not sure about Crabs playing LI Express in the fall...one of the LI Express teams came down and beat up on the Breakers last fall...the U15 Crabs is very different than last years U13 team (better in my opinion). The Crab tourney 7/6 will be a good baramoter, think both Express and Turtles are down here...keep 'em coming down, makes for good competition and great lacrosse

The Crabs did indeed play the Express Terps Black this spring in the MMA league at Kings point and beat them by a few goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team Long Island U13 is a 2018 team with a few 2017 players
They are too Good to play any 2018 team and just a step below the 2017 teams Terps and 91 because of their size,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are too Good to play any 2018 team and just a step below the 2017 teams Terps and 91 because of their size,

So theyve beaten 91 Extreme 2018 and Express Terps 2018?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So theyve beaten 91 Extreme 2018 and Express Terps 2018?

was thinking the exact same thing. what is the answer to that question MR TLI?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI Doesn't play that level they play up They play rising Freshmen. Team 91 Orange just played in Maryland and Won a 11/12A division and they have 13 yr old players anything they can do to puta a championship on their website.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For some reason I get the feeling this is someone just trying to start an argument here.

My son is on the U13 TLI team and we haven't seen anyone or any parent acting so bold as the poster.

TLI is a good group of mostly 7th graders who play hard are respectful and are well coached. Can we not bring them into these negative discussions?

They have split with the 2018 terps over the winter and lost at Shamrock to 91. I think the team has improved since then but I’m sure so have the others. It seems 91 is the team to beat at 18 and TLI will give them a try but 91 would be a challenge.

They are not a big team, even with the few 8th graders they have. Realize these 8th graders are of the same age our potentially younger then the 7th grade kids, all being u13.

In OBL they played against mostly 2017 teams this spring. I think they have couple of loses this year to the Jesters 2017 (split with them) and a very large U15 Crabs team or 2017 team, not sure which one it was.

Perhaps the poster trying to stir the pot here can provide some evidence of the dominating wins the TLI had so he can prove he is really from this team.

In grade base tournaments they will probably play 2107 A and not win but compete. If they entered as 2017 B I would think they have a good chance of winning.

For age based tournament they will play U13 A and do very well.
Again, good solid team, coached well, players get equal playing time and if they come out on top, great.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TLI Doesn't play that level they play up They play rising Freshmen. Team 91 Orange just played in Maryland and Won a 11/12A division and they have 13 yr old players anything they can do to puta a championship on their website.

Terps and Terps Black are basically the same pool of players. The players are interchangeable because neither team has enough to field a full team but would have too many for one team. All the boys are basically equal in talent and it's not true that terps black make terps better. They only add depth in the heat and there are no parents complaining on either team. So lets put this discussion to bed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think your on the wrong thread.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

well said.

Really? Well said? This is now just acceptable? It has NEVER happened on any one of my sons teams through the years (Town or Travel) & I would never have my son stay on a team where it has become common place &/or acceptable! Adults coming on here justifying it is disgraceful!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2017 Terps and Black Terps are all real ballers and could play on any LI club team. As a parent, many a message has come my way inviting my son to play elsewhere. Why? There is some notion floating around about agendas and disenfranchised players and parents. What most people don't get is that the kids don't remember whether they won or lost by Wednesday of the following week. What they do care about is how they are treated, are they becoming better players and is the experience fun for them? The Terps and Black Terps are respected by each other, treated equally by their GREAT coaches, have big fun on and off the field and are all becoming better players. This set up also prepares the boys for the future. Do you think when your son gets recruited by Duke he will not have to fight for a spot daily? Think again. Will you call Danowski and whine and cry foul? How will your kid handle it? Transfer or gut it out and show character? Will he prioritize playing over love of the game, commradery and oh forgot the fact that he is getting one of the best educations on earth? Well, Express is preparing my kid for all of the above and I hope you hold your club to the same standard.

I call BS!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"to be honest they should have lost"? What does that mean? Perhaps you could have said "91 wasn't playing well & came out to a slow start but, actually pulled it out in the end" I believe the same Flamingos lost 6-5 to another team that 91 beat (handedly) the following day. Again, people "Any given Sunday"

Like Reply Quote
Page 46 of 69 1 2 44 45 46 47 48 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard