BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,881
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 64 of 220 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here we go again, last year it was the 2019 parents on here bubbling over, now the 2020 parents have taken the torch. I get 19 team looks extremely strong, 20 you better wait and see, yes they have a lot of very talented girls, but you gtta see if they can play like a team or will it be ball hoggin going to goal?

Please do not lump all the 2020 parents together! Many of of feel that we have to "wait and see" as this team has never played a game as team yet. Yes, there are a few very talented girls on this team but lax is a team sport not an individual sport! They have potential to be a strong team but only time will tell.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter participated in the tournament this weekend in Maryland. I am still upset over the way the Top Guns 2017 "black" team behaved. I have been around lacrosse for a very long time and the disrespectful sportsmanship made your organization look like a bunch of thugs. It was obvious from the get go that your team had no chemistry/passing and yes, we capitalized on that. The physical and verbal abuse is not what the sport is all about. Shame on you, even your coaches were embaressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously a college educated conclusion, what a tool bag.My college educated guess is you think your college was better than it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter participated in the tournament this weekend in Maryland. I am still upset over the way the Top Guns 2017 "black" team behaved. I have been around lacrosse for a very long time and the disrespectful sportsmanship made your organization look like a bunch of thugs. It was obvious from the get go that your team had no chemistry/passing and yes, we capitalized on that. The physical and verbal abuse is not what the sport is all about. Shame on you, even your coaches were embaressed.

What happened

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please give examples

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously a college educated conclusion, what a tool bag.My college educated guess is you think your college was better than it is.

What ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please do not group all of us in that type of behavior. My daughter is new to the team and yes-I agree with you. Very rude and unwelcoming girls and parents which is sad. I feel that we were convinced to try a no frills product and should have stayed with the authentic one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the only time a yJ #1 team will play a topgun team is when CR knows that she can beat them easily. otherwise she will do everything in her power to avoid topguns.

Maybe they are too good just like that player who got cut from the national team ,she was too good so they did not want her to show up the best players in the country,too funny.

Predictions

2020--TG
2019--TG
2018--YJ
2017--MD. Mainly bc no YJ
2016--MD
2015--YJ
2014 YJ

How can you make predictions like this? My daughter plays for 2020 black and I have no idea how good they might be. Are you scouting 2020 teams from Other states.
Lets just go and compete and let the girls leave it all on the field, win or lose.
Good luck to everyone this week, all teams, and all ages.

First off they are predictions so stop being so politically correct, and just because you have no idea how good the team can be doesn't mean I don't.You are going to look like a moron when they win the tournament, the only thing that will hurt this team is there are some difficult parents and the politics will be an issue in a hurry.Another prediction they win this weekends tournament.If you want to know the reasons for said predictions I can give you many.

look like a moron if they win? No, that'll make me happy, as I said my daughter is on that team. So if they don't win does that make you a moron? I'm not making predictions, and all I said was how do you know how good the other teams are? Did YJ, and TG sweep all these age divisions last year? If they did that's amazing. it's easy to go out on a limb and predict something when you don't put a name to it, don't be so defensive I didn't attack you.

Yes its easy to say whatever you feel when you are anonymous like you just did, isn't that the point of why these boards are anonymous.The teams at the 2020 age group are not that good yet and I believe our TG team is , I also believe our coach will play to win which many teams at this age don't really do.Yj team at this age is good but the talent is really divided between their top two teams ours is not.See you this weekend.

Are these 2 parents fighting from the same TG 20 team??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2020 team do, I think they outscored the teams they played like 120-10. Ready to make any predictions now or you still feel its too soon. Got to watch 2019 TG play and they also are very good , would like to see a 2019 vs 2020 game.Yes 2019 takes it but would be interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a TG parent and you seriously need to take a deep breath and reflect inward before you type another word...to sit here and make comments like this about 10 year old girls is a disgrace. You are a grown man/woman thumping your chest about a 2020 team. You are what's wrong with youth sports today...so sad

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did the 2020 team do, I think they outscored the teams they played like 120-10. Ready to make any predictions now or you still feel its too soon. Got to watch 2019 TG play and they also are very good , would like to see a 2019 vs 2020 game.Yes 2019 takes it but would be interesting.

How did the 20 team do? It's sounds like you already know! Leave 2020 black out of this . They played well against some teams that should have been in another division. No parents are fighting it's all good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ur an idiot y would 2 teams from the same program want to play each other. united front what is wrong with u have u ever done anything athletic or r u one of those who never made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How did the 20 team do? It's sounds like you already know! Leave 2020 black out of this . They played well against some teams that should have been in another division. No parents are fighting it's all good.

This seems to happen each year, the newbie black parents don't know how to act. Here is some advice, be humble and try to sit back and enjoy. Yes your daughter is on a great team, take it in stride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am also a 2017 parent and have no idea what you are talking about. I watched 4 good games and thought the girls did well. Yes they have only had 4 practices and need to work on consistency. But overall thought it was great weekend.

Please do not group all of us in that type of behavior. My daughter is new to the team and yes-I agree with you. Very rude and unwelcoming girls and parents which is sad. I feel that we were convinced to try a no frills product and should have stayed with the authentic one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ur an idiot y would 2 teams from the same program want to play each other. united front what is wrong with u have u ever done anything athletic or r u one of those who never made it.

I don't care who we play against but would have preferred to play 2019 this past weekend instead of beating teams by 15. Why would you not want to play the most competitive teams possible even if they are from your own club.Could care less about winning and losing it's about getting better, a united front tells me your athletic career was non existent.You guys are so pathetic with this ,play the best teams available ,win ,loose, get better as a team not get better as an organization.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all TG parents. Just shut up and watch the games. If you have an issue call the directors like an adult. If you can't do that just leave. There are lots of clubs for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To all TG parents. Just shut up and watch the games. If you have an issue call the directors like an adult. If you can't do that just leave. There are lots of clubs for you.

Can someone please paste the email sent out that blamed the parents for bad coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can someone please paste the email sent out that blamed the parents for bad coaching?

Go back to your YJ thread please!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you one of those parents, that blames the coaches right away, at the first tournament?

The email didn't blame the parents for bad coaching. It blamed the parents for their ridiculous behavior, which, for the older girls, is only hurting their chances of playing in college. One of the first questions the college coaches ask is "how are the parents?". They'll choose a slightly less talented player, with potential, and better parents.

For the younger girls, hopefully, they can have a great lacrosse experience, in spite of their crazy parents.

The sideline coaching, and yelling at players and officials is out of control, with EVERY club. The email was warranted, and I hope at least some of the parents will take the advice. Of course, there are plenty who will ignore it, and can't control themselves, even if their daughters will suffer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would a YJ parent even know an e-mail was sent regarding players poor behavior.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How would a YJ parent even know an e-mail was sent regarding players poor behavior.

C'mon really? As if the YJ and TG people don't hear about things that go on in the other organization! If it was someone from TG, who received the email, why would they ask for it to be pasted into this site? Also, if they received it, hopefully, they would have realized it had nothing to do with coaching...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It wasn't about the players' behavior...again go away!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

AMEN!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Actually that is my point, I have a TG kid but received no such E-mail so have no idea what you all are talking about.No I do not think it should be posted and am sure I will hear about it from other parents but again maybe TG parents should keep these things in house and not share w our YJ pals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the same embarrassing behavior we get to experience during the spring PAL season, typical TG psycho daddy nonsense. They should start to red card these guys and have them leave the fields for the rest of the tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uhhhh....ummmm....obama here....uhhhh...cccccan't we just all ggggggget along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am currently assigned to a top secret NSA unit and I monitor all emails......how does that grab ya.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the same embarrassing behavior we get to experience during the spring PAL season, typical TG psycho daddy nonsense. They should start to red card these guys and have them leave the fields for the rest of the tournament.

Oh stop with the TG psycho daddy comments...every club has these parents, that don't know how to behave on the sidelines. It's in every sport and every club...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did all the teams do this past weekend? smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy who made up the term psycho dad is on these threads constantly spewing hate. For real, take a look at what your doing here and look in the mirror, you too are a psycho dad perhaps on a worse level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy who made up the term psycho dad is on these threads constantly spewing hate. For real, take a look at what your doing here and look in the mirror, you too are a psycho dad perhaps on a worse level.
Could be a spewing Psyco Mom, not necessarily a Dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a TG parent and you seriously need to take a deep breath and reflect inward before you type another word...to sit here and make comments like this about 10 year old girls is a disgrace. You are a grown man/woman thumping your chest about a 2020 team. You are what's wrong with youth sports today...so sad

You must be one of those "everybody gets a medal and equal playing time" parents. Good luck to you when your daughter is sitting on the sideline when we are in a tight game,and you have to explain to little Susie why she did not play in the big game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am far from the "everyone gets a medal" parent...and this is not my first go around. What you need to realize is that anything that is happening before they get into High School is really irrelevant except for the fact they should be learning and improving year after year. There are no "Big" games at 10 years old. What you should be instilling in your daughter is the desire to be a better player....so if they are not getting enough playing time now, commitment and practice will hopefully get them more time on the field.

I can assure you that you should spend time on the academic side and do not forget to stress the importance of grades. This will be a huge factor when/if the girls get recruited. There is only so much money around when it comes to athletics (D1 & D2)...and there will be more academic (merit scholarship) money available. I apologize if I insulted you in my original post...I just feel that some folks need to relax and refocus.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If a parent or parents on a team are yelling obnoxious comments on the sideline then the directors need to maturely address them. Blasting out an obnoxious email is juvenile and unprofessional.
Also, parents are entitled to have conversations with coaches. If a girl travels 40 miles every week to attend practice and another player who made 1 practice gets more playing time there is a problem.
Team chemistry and communication will win games. Allowing the same 4 girls on the field at the same time who only pass the ball to each other does nothing.
Finally-what the heck will it take to get goal training?
This is a new organization with potential and a crucial year with make or break decisions for many parents. Stop getting so offended at constructive suggestions and actually spend time with the girls. Good luck this weekend! Go Top Guns!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age group are you referring to?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaches should never ever discuss playing time or strategy with a parent. Everyone has a different opinion & admit it or not wants their kid on the field more than the next kid deep down. How could a coach possibly make everyone happy?? Oh and if everyone gets equal playing time then guess what? You don't win and parents have something else to complain about! And if you're upset about your drive to practice & your kids lack of playing time then look to move to a less competitive team closer to home

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Coaches should never ever discuss playing time or strategy with a parent.
BOTC completely and totally disagrees with this view. At the very least, a coach or trainer should sit down with the parent or player BEFORE asking them to sign on the dotted line for the new season to discuss how the player will be used, where the player ranks on the current roster, and how the player will be used during the season. While subject to change based on practices, there is a huge difference accepting a roster spot for 15 minutes per game versus 60 minutes per game.

Everyone has a different opinion & admit it or not wants their kid on the field more than the next kid deep down. How could a coach possibly make everyone happy??
Parents and players MOST OFTEN wind up unhappy when EXPECTATIONS are not being met. Expectations should be set by the coach or trainer upon accepting the player to the roster. SURPRISES make parents unhappy.

Oh and if everyone gets equal playing time then guess what? You don't win and parents have something else to complain about!
BOTC believes that competitive travel teams can not and should not allocate equal playing time to all individuals. PAL and house teams are another discussion point.

And if you're upset about your drive to practice & your kids lack of playing time then look to move to a less competitive team closer to home
Again, the drive distance is something that the parent should assess long before showing up to the first tryout. The playing time is what a reputable coach will discuss upon accepting a player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am the one whose post BOTC Decided to comment on. Allow me to rephrase. Coaches should discuss with the player, first & foremost, their expectations of that individual, what they envision as being their "role" on the team, and how they can improve and possibly earn more playing time. A coach however cannot and should not discuss playing time specifically with a player/parent before the season because what if things change? What If other girls skills have improved more and she takes on a lesser role?? But to say that a parent should have input is completely the wrong route to take, will cause got severe headaches, and tells me you have probably never coached a sport before.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLAYERS and PARENTS are most unhappy when the kid doesn't play enough AND they don't see the reality of the situation. She's not as skilled as the ones getting time over her.

Like Reply Quote
Page 64 of 220 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard