Get it on Google Play
Get it on Google Play
Less Than 1 Month Away from the Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase! | Mid Atlantic Elite Showcase & New England Elite Showcase Just Released!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 11:07 PM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 10:58 PM
Boys 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:29 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:23 PM
Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 05/14/21 09:19 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics2,366
Posts291,150
Members2,288
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 163 of 169 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 168 169
Re: Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
Anonymous #327381 04/19/21 11:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on a team which I coach and he is the same position as a coaches kid. But every where we go, if I coach, and he is my kid it seems like that will invariably happen. I am not sure how to avoid it unless I put him up for adoption. But if I do that he might resent me and want to play for someone else; and that would stink; because he is pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #327418 04/19/21 02:19 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Does GHCLC use alphabetical order to determine standings? 2026 Hawks in 2nd place in 2026 Elite division?

Here are the tie-breakers from the GHCLC bylaws. Because Crabs have beaten teams with a better record, they should be listed first.

Tie Breaking - End of season tie breaker procedures:
1. Record/Winning percentage
2. Head to Head
3. Total winning percentage of teams you have beaten
4. Total winning percentage of all your opponents
5. Total goals scored against
6. Coin Toss/Card Draw

Yes, those are "Tie Breaking-End of season tie breaker procedures". But during the season, it comes to most games won, least games lost, most goals scored, and least goals scored against. There are no ties when one team outscores and prevents the least scores another team with the same record.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327422 04/19/21 02:35 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays on a team which I coach and he is the same position as a coaches kid. But every where we go, if I coach, and he is my kid it seems like that will invariably happen. I am not sure how to avoid it unless I put him up for adoption. But if I do that he might resent me and want to play for someone else; and that would stink; because he is pretty good.

I am sure there is an intelligent thought in here somewhere, but boy it is hard to find!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327433 04/19/21 03:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does GHCLC use alphabetical order to determine standings? 2026 Hawks in 2nd place in 2026 Elite division?

Here are the tie-breakers from the GHCLC bylaws. Because Crabs have beaten teams with a better record, they should be listed first.

Tie Breaking - End of season tie breaker procedures:
1. Record/Winning percentage
2. Head to Head
3. Total winning percentage of teams you have beaten
4. Total winning percentage of all your opponents
5. Total goals scored against
6. Coin Toss/Card Draw

Yes, those are "Tie Breaking-End of season tie breaker procedures". But during the season, it comes to most games won, least games lost, most goals scored, and least goals scored against. There are no ties when one team outscores and prevents the least scores another team with the same record.

So you think they should use a different methodology to break ties during the season than they do at the end of the season? That makes no sense. Maybe they scored more and gave up less because they played lower quality teams.

But regardless, who cares. They'll play each other eventually and maybe again in the playoffs. That's the best determinant anyway.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #327436 04/19/21 04:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your sons coach is an @$$! Find him a new team!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #327446 04/19/21 05:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am sure there is an intelligent thought in here somewhere, but boy it is hard to find!

LOL. FACTS! I think a robot typed that. Complete nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328348 04/28/21 12:08 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to Zingo's...That's a low blow...

Not sure why losing to Zingos 2025 is a low blow. They are #28 on the US club lacrosse rankings and are going to the WSYL East Regional. Is there something that we're missing here?

1-4 at WSYL. That didn't age very well.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328350 04/28/21 12:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to Zingo's...That's a low blow...

Not sure why losing to Zingos 2025 is a low blow. They are #28 on the US club lacrosse rankings and are going to the WSYL East Regional. Is there something that we're missing here?

1-4 at WSYL. That didn't age very well.

Matches their current HoCo record (1-4).

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #328465 04/29/21 05:45 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From HoCo Recreation & Parks 4/29/21:

Today we joined County Executive Calvin Ball and announced that as of Saturday May 1, 2021, we are no longer requiring that players, coaches, spectators, parents, officials and park patrons wear face coverings outside. We do however strongly recommend that those who have not been vaccinated to continue to wear a face covering.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328627 05/02/21 04:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The level of racism at games this spring has been horrible among the parents. The league needs to address this and clean up its act. Truly depressing to watch.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #328643 05/02/21 09:58 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The level of racism at games this spring has been horrible among the parents. The league needs to address this and clean up its act. Truly depressing to watch.

If there is an incident about a specific team you can report it to the hoco administrators. https://www.ghclacrosse.com/page/show/5907152-about Please contact them here.

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #328648 05/02/21 10:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The level of racism at games this spring has been horrible among the parents. The league needs to address this and clean up its act. Truly depressing to watch."

Wut? I haven't heard anything. What did you hear?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328654 05/02/21 11:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"The level of racism at games this spring has been horrible among the parents. The league needs to address this and clean up its act. Truly depressing to watch."

Wut? I haven't heard anything. What did you hear?

Just some NY Troll. Don’t be alarmed folks. They try this stuff all the time.

Like Reply Quote
TLaxOne #328664 05/03/21 07:03 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone how many teams make the playoffs for each division? Does anyone know what the league is doing this year?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #328674 05/03/21 08:21 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone how many teams make the playoffs for each division? Does anyone know what the league is doing this year?

I heard 4v5 as a play in. Then 1 v that 4v5 winner and 2v3 play that saturday.

Like Reply Quote
Page 163 of 169 1 2 161 162 163 164 165 168 169
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard