Originally Posted by Anonymous
Should Daddy ball exist at this level with the amount of money parents are paying?

How many remotely qualified non-parent coaches are out there waiting for their opportunity to coach grade or middle school kids?
Don’t for get to add for free.
Many clubs pay their coaches a stipend. However, my observation with 5 kids having gone through the club lacrosse experience is that most dad coaches do a much better job with the kids because they have skin in the game. The coaches that don't have a kid on the team tend to come and go and treat it like a minimum wage job. That is, they show up, do the bare minimum and call it a day. These guys and gals typically don't last more than a season or calendar year at the most. Don't get me wrong, there are dad coaches who are to be avoided, but you can typically suss them out by asking around. I encountered only one of them between five kids and it was with one of my daughters. If you are experience daddy ball issues, you are either playing for the wrong dad or your perception of the personnel may be skewed.
+1