Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can anyone explain what exactly Lax On Elite at the 2024 age group is? Is it a club team or a group that trains as a supplement to your club team?

All social media hype. That’s their game and they are very good at it. They post 5 vids a day of mediocre training sessions. Ask around regarding who trains there, what teams those girls are from, and see if your kid will be elevated by the level of training offered. I’m guessing for most it’s going to be no.

Moving your 2024 player there for anything other than recreational lacrosse would be a disaster.

What trainers have kids from every club attending sessions?

I would imagine many have kids from all different clubs.
Lax on is a lot of smoke and not a lot of substance. Sometimes kids like to start fresh in a new training setting, but if you see what they push on IG, the aren’t reinventing the wheel by any stretch of the imagination. A 2024 team is downright laughable.
I think 2024 parents have been around the block enough that to see what’s going on here.

If you are on the top YJ team of course you wouldn't make the move. But if you are on a "B" team or Yellow Jackets "C" team they might be an option you look at. Seemed to work well for the 2022's that joined them last year as a good amount are going to Division 1 programs. Would those girls have gotten as much help from their prior clubs in the recruiting process had they stayed? I doubt it.

YJ B and C teams do not send their girls top schools. That’s only for A team players. Just as good to be on an A team for one of the other better clubs. Most important question at this juncture is whether your daughter is a contributing member of the team, or just a practice player.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
Anonymous #326094 04/06/21 06:00 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone explain what exactly Lax On Elite at the 2024 age group is? Is it a club team or a group that trains as a supplement to your club team?

All social media hype. That’s their game and they are very good at it. They post 5 vids a day of mediocre training sessions. Ask around regarding who trains there, what teams those girls are from, and see if your kid will be elevated by the level of training offered. I’m guessing for most it’s going to be no.

Moving your 2024 player there for anything other than recreational lacrosse would be a disaster.

Lax on is a lot of smoke and not a lot of substance. Sometimes kids like to start fresh in a new training setting, but if you see what they push on IG, the aren’t reinventing the wheel by any stretch of the imagination. A 2024 team is downright laughable.
I think 2024 parents have been around the block enough that to see what’s going on here.

If you are on the top YJ team of course you wouldn't make the move. But if you are on a "B" team or Yellow Jackets "C" team they might be an option you look at. Seemed to work well for the 2022's that joined them last year as a good amount are going to Division 1 programs. Would those girls have gotten as much help from their prior clubs in the recruiting process had they stayed? I doubt it.

YJ B and C teams do not send their girls top schools. That’s only for A team players. Just as good to be on an A team for one of the other better clubs. Most important question at this juncture is whether your daughter is a contributing member of the team, or just a practice player.

Don't even bother responding...it is clearly a laxon employee trying to defend the fact that they are sell outs

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #326098 04/06/21 06:32 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol! There is a reason you're daughter isn't on the "A" team. She's not good enough. The best Colleges programs want solid A team players. Keep drinking the koolaid!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #326103 04/06/21 09:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who chose this 2024 list? I don’t understand how my kid didn’t make it but mediocre players did

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326107 04/06/21 11:14 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol! There is a reason you're daughter isn't on the "A" team. She's not good enough. The best Colleges programs want solid A team players. Keep drinking the koolaid!

First time at the rodeo no doubt. Sadly misinformed.
I guess JS was wrong when he committed a 22 from
a B team. Do your research rookie.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326108 04/06/21 11:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Along with forty other girls twenty five of which will never see the field

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326109 04/07/21 12:24 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then your kid must be below mediocre. grin

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326122 04/07/21 08:54 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, college coaches spend time recruiting girls they don't think can compete.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326131 04/07/21 10:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Point is JS only plays fifteen girls and over commits like a lot of schools. Plus he has no problem adding transfers. You need to know this going in. Look at the girs who have transferred out in the last few years.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326145 04/07/21 12:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Point is JS only plays fifteen girls and over commits like a lot of schools. Plus he has no problem adding transfers. You need to know this going in. Look at the girs who have transferred out in the last few years.

Be that as it may. The original point is that coaches don't care what club or team you play for. If they see something in you they like they have a conversation with you. The outcome is uncertain for everyone unless you have a crystal ball.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #326186 04/07/21 06:47 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you’re saying it’s better to leave a “B” or “C” team with a well known and established club to join a “F” or “G” team with a no name, non established, club?
Sounds like a solid plan where do I sign my kid up ???

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326191 04/07/21 08:11 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you’re saying it’s better to leave a “B” or “C” team with a well known and established club to join a “F” or “G” team with a no name, non established, club?
Sounds like a solid plan where do I sign my kid up ???

So many sheep stay on YJ. They keep paying the vig thinking it’s a ticket to a big scholarship. Only the top YJs A team players get the big scholarships. Even the lower players on the A team don’t make out as well as they make you believe with their social media posts. If you are on the B or C YJ team, there is a reason your daughter is there. Yes she will be recruited but it’s not going to be to a big time school with a big scholarship. If you’re realistic about that great. If not, wisen up!

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #326200 04/08/21 08:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do they come up with this list of top 2024 players. My daughter made the list and I can’t understand why. Who’s ever seen her play outside of her club coach and middle school coach? Oh, and besides there was no lax last year. Thanks for the honor, but if feels a little hollow.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326210 04/08/21 09:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do they come up with this list of top 2024 players. My daughter made the list and I can’t understand why. Who’s ever seen her play outside of her club coach and middle school coach? Oh, and besides there was no lax last year. Thanks for the honor, but if feels a little hollow.

I was wondering the same thing.

My guess, kids tag their friends, or players they consider good, on social media.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #326276 04/08/21 03:31 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My daughter attends Lax On Trainings since they started and it’s amazing! Every Coach is female and all former college coaches! Their training is advanced and not run by lacrosse dads. If they had a 2023 team we would be going!

Like Reply Quote
Page 35 of 42 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 41 42
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard