BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,616
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 42 of 69 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Was this Terps Black or other Terps?

It was the Regular Terps with a bunch of Terps Black players also playing.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

so traveled 200 miles and 3 hours to play local middle schools teams and than play each other ....??? crazy.... i guess no local games ...? oh i guess jdrf is not good enough for you guys ......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Terps and Gladiators who met in the finals yesterday in the LAx Splash tournament in Maryland. A good game won by the Gladiators 8 to 6.

Was a great game that could have gone either way. Both teams very talented and all the boys belonged on the field!

Happy to see LI well represented in MD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only "Black" players playing are theone that play on both teams, please make sure you have your facts correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True blue killed the jesters yesterday but the jesters came back today and beat fl$

Jesters 8th grade Black team did indeed take a beating from True Blue.

They beat the Snipers, they beat fl$ and tied the Outlaws. I would say overall they had a very good weekend.

True Blue is very good and they smacked everyone around. I would say True Blue is probably one of the top teams in the age group right now, theyll be tough to beat. Big, fast, and strong, and very well coached. I watched them totally dismantle my sons team pretty easily.

Right now I would have to say that True Blue, Gladiators, and Terps Black will be the teams to beat this summer.

Jesters Black will be competitive with most teams at the age group as well, but they would have to play perfect lacrosse to compete with the aforementioned top teams at the age group.

Long Island lacrosse at the 2017 age group will be a force to be reckoned with.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only "Black" players playing are theone that play on both teams, please make sure you have your facts correct.

I have my facts straight there were Terps Black players playing on the Terps! You admitted it too! 6-8 Terp Black players make the Terps an A team rather than the low level B team they are on there own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Different story in the summer. Lax Splash is really a forum for Maryland Rec programs...Tenacious Turtles carried the torch last year in Maryland, hope to see the clubs down here this summer

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the Jesters vs Snipers and it was a good game. Jesters are going to be fine. It's all about the timing and TB was in the right place at the right time. A few good kids to start a few years ago, and it has blossomed. Young Org with a good reputation. Go Long Island LAX!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I have my facts straight there were Terps Black players playing on the Terps! You admitted it too! 6-8 Terp Black players make the Terps an A team rather than the low level B team they are on there own.

Sorry you are incorrect, learn to read correctly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True blue killed the jesters yesterday but the jesters came back today and beat fl$

They beat the Snipers, they beat fl$ and tied the Outlaws. I would say overall they had a very good weekend.

True Blue is very good and they smacked everyone around. I would say True Blue is probably one of the top teams in the age group right now, theyll be tough to beat. Big, fast, and strong, and very well coached. I watched them totally dismantle my sons team pretty easily.

Right now I would have to say that True Blue, Gladiators, and Terps Black will be the teams to beat this summer.

Jesters Black will be competitive with most teams at the age group as well, but they would have to play perfect lacrosse to compete with the aforementioned top teams at the age group.

The Jesters played horrible in the outlaw game

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looked like most of the Jester's starters spent most of the second half on the sidelines.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the terps listed on both rosters aren't the good ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is this necessary? Get a life. How would you like your boy to read something like this about himself? - A non-terp parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It looked like most of the Jester's starters spent most of the second half on the sidelines.

The scores/games between and among fl$/SNIPERS/TRUE BLUE/OUTLAWS were all over the map with True Blue coming out on top. fl$ and Outlaws both beat Snipers by eight goals each. Jesters beat fl$ by a bunch and tied Outlaws. Outlaws lost to True Blue 6-2 (TB face off middie was the difference in the game, big, strong, talented overmatched the Outlaw faceoff middie) so I would disagree with "smacked everyone around" with respect to the Outlaws. Outlaws played them this past fall and game was tied until the end and ended up losing 5-4.

As to "starters being on the sideline" - what does that mean besides trying to come up with an excuse for not winning?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The scores/games between and among fl$/SNIPERS/TRUE BLUE/OUTLAWS were all over the map with True Blue coming out on top. fl$ and Outlaws both beat Snipers by eight goals each. Jesters beat fl$ by a bunch and tied Outlaws. Outlaws lost to True Blue 6-2 (TB face off middie was the difference in the game, big, strong, talented overmatched the Outlaw faceoff middie) so I would disagree with "smacked everyone around" with respect to the Outlaws. Outlaws played them this past fall and game was tied until the end and ended up losing 5-4.

As to "starters being on the sideline" - what does that mean besides trying to come up with an excuse for not winning?

It means, simply, that most of the Jester's starters were on the sidelines most of the second half. At the half the Jesters were up by 4. That's all, just an observation.

Good games overall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So fl$ only beat the Snipers? I had heard they were going to be a strong team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop for a reality check

TB completely dominated that outlaw team - anyone who watched simply would agree that the outlaws are not on the same level as TB. yes, even if Outlaws won every off

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop for a reality check

TB completely dominated that outlaw team - anyone who watched simply would agree that the outlaws are not on the same level as TB. yes, even if Outlaws won every off

Please learn how to read - I complimented the TB face off kid, he dominated. TB scored two quick goals in the first few minutes and final score was 6-2. Yes, TB won but to say they smacked the Outlaws around or completely dominated would be false.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It means, simply, that most of the Jester's starters were on the sidelines most of the second half. At the half the Jesters were up by 4. That's all, just an observation.

Good games overall

I say kudos to the Jesters coaches for getting everyone in. If you were good enough to make that team, you should get a reasonable amount of playing time. That's what we pay for as parents. Plenty of other coaches and organizations pack the bench for a buck. That only serves to demoralize the kid, and anger the parents. And no, I am not a Jesters parent -- and I am well aware of the negative and positive things said about the organization. I realize we all play to win, but in this tournament there isn't a championship game and one's record in the JDRF isn't going on any college application or resume.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tb was better tahn outlaws, a little more athletic. Outlaws had more shots just did not finish. Be careful with they dominated- because fact is they did not. any one that saw game would agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement above shows that you have no idea what your talking about. It was the Terp team that played. There were 4 Players (not 6 or 7) that are true Terp players first but they also get to play when the Black Terps Play. Please Stop with the BS. To call any of them a low level B team only means you have something against the Express.... Move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This statement above shows that you have no idea what your talking about. It was the Terp team that played. There were 4 Players (not 6 or 7) that are true Terp players first but they also get to play when the Black Terps Play. Please Stop with the BS. To call any of them a low level B team only means you have something against the Express.... Move on.

Well said! Thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I watched the TB and Outlaws game. I know both teams players/parents. Outlaws are a very good team. I must say TB played a smart, clean and respectable game. The TB coach did a great job managing the bench and getting all the kids ample playing time. He could of kept his starters in much longer and run the score up. Well coached and played by TB.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the Terp team that played. There were 4 Players (not 6 or 7) that are true Terp players first but they also get to play when the Black Terps Play. Please Stop with the BS. To call any of them a low level B team only means you have something against the Express.... Move on.

The Terps parents are very defensive that 6-8 Terps black players have to play with them for them to win. If it bothers you guys so much complain to MC that you want your own team! Include ALL positions and you know that it's not only 4 Terps black players that played with the Terps!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the Terp team that played. There were 4 Players (not 6 or 7) that are true Terp players first but they also get to play when the Black Terps Play. Please Stop with
the BS. To call any of them a low level B team only means you have something against the Express.... Move on.

The Terps parents are very defensive that 6-8 Terps black players have to play with them for them to win. If it bothers you guys so much complain to MC that you want your own team! Include ALL positions and you know that it's not only 4 Terps black players that played with the Terps!

As usual you do not have the facts. The only ones that are bothered are you the outside "wannabe's"! We all know you wish you could be part of the Terps/Terps Black. Anyway thank you, your jealousy is welcome and flattering.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As usual you do not have the facts. The only ones that are bothered are you the outside "wannabe's"! We all know you wish you could be part of the Terps/Terps Black. Anyway thank you, your jealousy is welcome and flattering.

I along with a few other Terp parents have expressed concern to MC about this situation so yes some of us are bothered. Nothing has been done and I doubt anything will be done but we have at least let our feeling be known as the customer!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I along with a few other Terp parents have expressed concern to MC about this situation so yes some of us are bothered. Nothing has been done and I doubt anything will be done but we have at least let our feeling be known as the customer!

What seems puzzling to me (not an Express parent) is why the need for the few players to play on both teams. Obviously they are good enough to belong on the terps black. Why not just keep them there permanently and fill the terps roster with other express players. There seems to be a large talent pool at this grade level and there shouldn't be a need to have players on both rosters. If I were the parent of a player who looses playing time to the terps/terps black players I'd be asking questions also.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it isn't your team why so concerned that you need to ask the questions here?? Go bug your own coach!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What seems puzzling to me (not an Express parent) is why the need for the few players to play on both teams. Obviously they are good enough to belong on the terps black. Why not just keep them there permanently and fill the terps roster with other express players. There seems to be a large talent pool at this grade level and there shouldn't be a need to have players on both rosters. If I were the parent of a player who looses playing time to the terps/terps black players I'd be asking questions also.

Terps are a solid team. The added players give them quality depth. Give them a chance on their own and you will be surprised. May lose some games but they will be very competitive and will even upset some programs at this age group. They don't need the extra players. They are a very good team without them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It was the Terp team that played. There were 4 Players (not 6 or 7) that are true Terp players first but they also get to play when the Black Terps Play. Please Stop with
the BS. To call any of them a low level B team only means you have something against the Express.... Move on.

This post is comical! We all want to be part of the debacle? Please!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it isn't your team why so concerned that you need to ask the questions here?? Go bug your own coach!

Wow this topic really hits a nerve with the Terp parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're right I shouldn't care. smile

I guess I'm caught up in all the posts that go back an forth about whose on what team, who was missing from the roster when they lost, who was added to the roster when they won, who's paying once for twice as many games, whose paying once for less games, who got moved up because they complained, etc. It's like a fender bender on the LIE(xpress), you don't like the fact that people slow down to look but you can't look away either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok so I dont understand all the confusion. This would be very simple, make 2 teams with 2 set rosters and all this goes away. I think someone got influenced by a few overzealous parents. Its too bad, lot of talent on both teams, some good kids and good parents. I truly believe they are being held back by all this nonsense. Hopefully the powers that be smarten up and dont let this happen again next year. The kids deserve better......

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess I'm caught up in all the posts that go back an forth about whose on what team, who was missing from the roster when they lost, who was added to the roster when they won, who's paying once for twice as many games, whose paying once for less games, who got moved up because they complained, etc. It's like a fender bender on the LIE(xpress), you don't like the fact that people slow down to look but you can't look away either.

Seriously though, one of the issues with youth sports has always been the controversy over players playing “down”, either in age or skill level, to give a team an unfair advantage. Accusations are always being made and defended. I think this topic rubs people the wrong way because Express is now openly having players play “down” on the Terps.

It’s like a B level team entering a tournament in the B bracket and then bringing several A players with them. The other B teams would take acceptation. Additionally, given the size of the Express organization and the number of 2017 players that were at their tryouts, it’s hard to defend this practice. Having a flexible roster doesn’t appear to serve any purpose other than to give the Terps an unfair advantage.

Now before anyone get’s their panties in a bunch, I’m not saying that any of the Terps or Terps Black players are not age appropriate nor am I saying the Terps are a B level team. Terps and Terps Black are two of the best teams at this age group. I’m simply saying having the flex roster that brings down players from the next level team gives them an advantage over many of the teams they play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Terp parent and I love having the Terp Black kids playing with us, the kids get along,the parent's are nice people. It's good competitive lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously though, one of the issues with youth sports has always been the controversy over players playing “down”, either in age or skill level, to give a team an unfair advantage. Accusations are always being made and defended. I think this topic rubs people the wrong way because Express is now openly having players play “down” on the Terps.

It’s like a B level team entering a tournament in the B bracket and then bringing several A players with them. The other B teams would take acceptation. Additionally, given the size of the Express organization and the number of 2017 players that were at their tryouts, it’s hard to defend this practice. Having a flexible roster doesn’t appear to serve any purpose other than to give the Terps an unfair advantage.

Now before anyone get’s their panties in a bunch, I’m not saying that any of the Terps or Terps Black players are not age appropriate nor am I saying the Terps are a B level team. Terps and Terps Black are two of the best teams at this age group. I’m simply saying having the flex roster that brings down players from the next level team gives them an advantage over many of the teams they play.

Agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Long Island 2017 teams are coming to play in Maryland this summer? I am a native of LI and love to see the teams down here. Some good competition down in Baltimore from Crabs, Breakers, FCA and Mad Lax...gets boring always playing the same teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps and Terps black both play A in tournaments, so your logic doesnt work...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps and Terps black both play A in tournaments, so your logic doesnt work...

Are they in the exact same tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a Terp parent and I love having the Terp Black kids playing with us, the kids get along,the parent's are nice people. It's good competitive lax.

Of course those 6-8 boys put your sons Terps team on a different level!

What makes it so ridiculous is that the Express has FOUR 2017 teams. More than enough boys to make 4 separate teams with set rosters and no playing down!

Like Reply Quote
Page 42 of 69 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard