BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,818
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 267 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 266 267
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Of the 3 elite teams that won tournaments played against other elite teams (and some no so elite) over the weekend, the relationship of GS to GA tells a tale:

Tiger XXVI GS 28 to GA 4 - 14%
Hawks GS 22 to GA 11 - 50%
LI Express GS 26 to GA 13 - 50%

In the world of elite lacrosse, is giving up 50% of the goals scored a good metric? Of the three champions, it seems that Hawks and LI Express fell below Tiger XXVI. A win is a win, but not standing out amongst lesser competition, may signal there is still work to be done.

You are completely nuts. If you put as much time and effort in to your kid maybe you wouldn't be here jock riding other teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of the 3 elite teams that won tournaments played against other elite teams (and some no so elite) over the weekend, the relationship of GS to GA tells a tale:

In the world of elite lacrosse, is giving up 50% of the goals scored a good metric? Of the three champions, it seems that Hawks and LI Express fell below Tiger XXVI. A win is a win, but not standing out amongst lesser competition, may signal there is still work to be done.

You are completely nuts. If you put as much time and effort in to your kid maybe you wouldn't be here jock riding other teams.

If the Hawks have a weakness it is their defense; the goaltending is top notch but they definitely need to add some poles to shut down some of the big attackman out there. Right now they just don't have it; most of these games the goalies are making at least 6-8 saves on the doorstep bc the defense can not clear the crease. I have seen it on more than one occasion. My guess is this will be a focus next year at tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, agreed. Also, maybe the Express and Hawks played better competition this weekend? NXT, Richmond Hawks and 91 MD isn't exactly a tough road to the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK, I'll bite. Using Club lacrosse rankings, Express played 2 top ten teams. Hawks played 2 top twenty teams. Tigers played 1 top 20 team, Madlax. That game was 8-4. They also played a team that isnt even ranked in the top 100 (Richmond).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah they stink, just look at all the points they are giving up. Everyone scores on them when they are man down and they all make a living challenging them with big attackmen and middies. NOT....dude you have no clue. But that statement I'm sure will motivate them even more. I wouldn't bet against their defense that's for sure.

Here's the thing. All of the other teams that play them have to play their absolute best to have a chance. Even on a down day the Hawks defense doesn't give up more than 4 goals. I don't think anyone has scored 10 points on them more than once in the last 2 years. If I remember correctly the most I've heard anyone scoring is 7 goals. Physical or not (according to you) they don't give up many points. That's the job of the defense. Give them their respect and keep it moving.

#50 Dad

Who’s #50 I don’t think I even noticed him yesterday? And I have to agree with the previous poster; defense is their weakness; goaltending bails them out 75% of the time. Stick work is average and let’s be honest; they’re slow! Slides are always late and communication is poor. They definitely need an upgrade here.

#1 rule of BOTC - do not post your son's name or number! Ever! He will be known as the kid with the crazy Dad which is not a good look for HS and college coaches. Please trust me on that.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ha, agreed. Also, maybe the Express and Hawks played better competition this weekend? NXT, Richmond Hawks and 91 MD isn't exactly a tough road to the finals.

Where they won, with .......a 50% GS to GA relationship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have to concur and clown metrics are embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah they stink, just look at all the points they are giving up. Everyone scores on them when they are man down and they all make a living challenging them with big attackmen and middies. NOT....dude you have no clue. But that statement I'm sure will motivate them even more. I wouldn't bet against their defense that's for sure.

Here's the thing. All of the other teams that play them have to play their absolute best to have a chance. Even on a down day the Hawks defense doesn't give up more than 4 goals. I don't think anyone has scored 10 points on them more than once in the last 2 years. If I remember correctly the most I've heard anyone scoring is 7 goals. Physical or not (according to you) they don't give up many points. That's the job of the defense. Give them their respect and keep it moving.

#50 Dad

Who’s #50 I don’t think I even noticed him yesterday? And I have to agree with the previous poster; defense is their weakness; goaltending bails them out 75% of the time. Stick work is average and let’s be honest; they’re slow! Slides are always late and communication is poor. They definitely need an upgrade here.

#1 rule of BOTC - do not post your son's name or number! Ever! He will be known as the kid with the crazy Dad which is not a good look for HS and college coaches. Please trust me on that.

Agreed. BUT, there is no #50 on the Hawks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To point out the obvious hawks dad your team bailed from NAL and would have lost to the Tiger again but also to ML and 91. Using a football excuse to drop out of HOCO and NAL is obvious. The other three teams were missing loads of players to others sports and they still played. Lots of excuses and fony stats from Hawks dad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

To point out the obvious hawks dad your team bailed from NAL and would have lost to the Tiger again but also to ML and 91. Using a football excuse to drop out of HOCO and NAL is obvious. The other three teams were missing loads of players to others sports and they still played. Lots of excuses and fony stats from Hawks dad.

It's too early on a Monday to be this drunk

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seven guys playing in a football championship game on Saturday and two guys with casts on, leaving 13 guys able to play on Saturday. If you're really that good wouldn't you want to beat a team when they're at full strength? Stop drooling on yourself. This is fall ball. You'll have your shot in the spring when it counts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

"fony". That says it all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seven guys playing in a football championship game on Saturday and two guys with casts on, leaving 13 guys able to play on Saturday. If you're really that good wouldn't you want to beat a team when they're at full strength? Stop drooling on yourself. This is fall ball. You'll have your shot in the spring when it counts.

Football is a nonsense sport. Only thing that comes from it is injury.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With 2 of those 13 being goalies. NO EXCUSES!!!!! should have played with 11 field players!!!!! lol Its fall ball people. Hope you enjoyed it and the kids can get back out there soon.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote

If the Hawks have a weakness it is their defense; the goaltending is top notch but they definitely need to add some poles to shut down some of the big attackman out there. Right now they just don't have it; most of these games the goalies are making at least 6-8 saves on the doorstep bc the defense can not clear the crease. I have seen it on more than one occasion. My guess is this will be a focus next year at tryouts.[/quote]

Their most physical defenseman that crease clear... 1 is hurt and the other is no longer on the team. Their new pole is extremely physical, and has a motor like no other defender that I have seen.
Reinforcements are probably on the way soon.

Their defense is solid. In youth lacrosse...the biggest equalizer is the X. Whomever controls the ball generally wins the game. Here is where the Hawks have been very good. They always have the ball and maintain possession, they ride like no other team at the age group. This allows the defense to lull and not be as prepared when the other team is playing defense 90% of the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote

If the Hawks have a weakness it is their defense; the goaltending is top notch but they definitely need to add some poles to shut down some of the big attackman out there. Right now they just don't have it; most of these games the goalies are making at least 6-8 saves on the doorstep bc the defense can not clear the crease. I have seen it on more than one occasion. My guess is this will be a focus next year at tryouts.

Their most physical defenseman that crease clear... 1 is hurt and the other is no longer on the team. Their new pole is extremely physical, and has a motor like no other defender that I have seen.

Their defense is solid. In youth lacrosse...the biggest equalizer is the X. Whomever controls the ball generally wins the game. Here is where the Hawks have been very good. They always have the ball and maintain possession, they ride like no other team at the age group. This allows the defense to lull and not be as prepared when the other team is playing defense 90% of the time.[/quote]

Completely agree; the best defenses generally have a very solid FO guy and offense. I would be curious to see how many scoring opportunities the hawks actually give up a game if they’re controlling the ball that much? If they’re only playing defense 10% of the game and giving up 3-4 goals I would agree the defense needs to be better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote

Their defense is solid. In youth lacrosse...the biggest equalizer is the X. Whomever controls the ball generally wins the game. Here is where the Hawks have been very good. They always have the ball and maintain possession, they ride like no other team at the age group. This allows the defense to lull and not be as prepared when the other team is playing defense 90% of the time.[/quote]

Their riding was a big factor in beating my son's team yesterday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe they should practice throwing off ball checks at opponents shins all game like BLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote

Their defense is solid. In youth lacrosse...the biggest equalizer is the X. Whomever controls the ball generally wins the game. Here is where the Hawks have been very good. They always have the ball and maintain possession, they ride like no other team at the age group. This allows the defense to lull and not be as prepared when the other team is playing defense 90% of the time.

Completely agree; the best defenses generally have a very solid FO guy and offense. I would be curious to see how many scoring opportunities the hawks actually give up a game if they’re controlling the ball that much? If they’re only playing defense 10% of the game and giving up 3-4 goals I would agree the defense needs to be better.[/quote]

If you are on back of the cage wondering about percentages of time a team is playing defense vs shots and correlations to that and its not even your kids team. I say this with no joking or humor meant. I truly feel sorry for you. This forum has gone from Hawks need to play 2025 with all their hold backs and do the right thing to Hawks are ducking everyone because they can't compete to now dissecting possible scenarios and wondering about this and that. It is flat out embarrassing the way people nut ride and talk about them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You all do realize the horse is dead, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does someone try out for the Hawks? Website says roster is closed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote

Completely agree; the best defenses generally have a very solid FO guy and offense. I would be curious to see how many scoring opportunities the hawks actually give up a game if they’re controlling the ball that much? If they’re only playing defense 10% of the game and giving up 3-4 goals I would agree the defense needs to be better.

If you are on back of the cage wondering about percentages of time a team is playing defense vs shots and correlations to that and its not even your kids team. I say this with no joking or humor meant. I truly feel sorry for you. This forum has gone from Hawks need to play 2025 with all their hold backs and do the right thing to Hawks are ducking everyone because they can't compete to now dissecting possible scenarios and wondering about this and that. It is flat out embarrassing the way people nut ride and talk about them.[/quote]

I think the point being made is not much is expected from the defense since they control the ball some much; however, when the defense is called upon they don't respond as well as I am sure the HC would like. I would agree there will be additions and subtractions with the hawks defense next year. They barely got by BLC; that game was up in the air until the final few minutes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree that the talk about the Hawks on this forum has crossed from ridiculous to embarrassing. We should all just agree that they are a great team with some arrogant Dads who do a nice job of getting under people's skin. Including mine.

How about a BOTC 2026 pact that nobody talks about the Hawks for awhile? Everybody who agrees say "in."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does someone try out for the Hawks? Website says roster is closed.

Email. Most teams are willing to add talent regardless of the time of the year. Especially if your son is a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote

If you are on back of the cage wondering about percentages of time a team is playing defense vs shots and correlations to that and its not even your kids team. I say this with no joking or humor meant. I truly feel sorry for you. This forum has gone from Hawks need to play 2025 with all their hold backs and do the right thing to Hawks are ducking everyone because they can't compete to now dissecting possible scenarios and wondering about this and that. It is flat out embarrassing the way people nut ride and talk about them.

I think the point being made is not much is expected from the defense since they control the ball some much; however, when the defense is called upon they don't respond as well as I am sure the HC would like. I would agree there will be additions and subtractions with the hawks defense next year. They barely got by BLC; that game was up in the air until the final few minutes.[/quote]

BLC is a good team. They should be one of the East qualifiers for the WSYL with Hawks and Tigers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that BLC is combining with other teams for WSYL - anybody know if that is true?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever speaks often for the Hawks here and in the NY forum, please for the sake of your kid and the rest of us...go take a long look in the mirror, you need to get a life. Seriously go look in the mirror because we all see it, your kid may be on a good 12-13 year old lacrosse team but you're obsessed and need to find a different outlet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard that BLC is combining with other teams for WSYL - anybody know if that is true?

They need a goalie; kid they have now folds under the pressure of the big game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are combining with Next Level and VLC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like someone is jealous...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not very cool to call out a 7th grader, and from what I have seen, not true in any event.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are combining with Next Level and VLC.
Not enough on age kids on either squad?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever speaks often for the Hawks here and in the NY forum, please for the sake of your kid and the rest of us...go take a long look in the mirror, you need to get a life. Seriously go look in the mirror because we all see it, your kid may be on a good 12-13 year old lacrosse team but you're obsessed and need to find a different outlet.

When I read stuff in here referencing someone being affiliated with a team i tend to think that it's someone trolling and posing as a parent more often than not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not very cool to call out a 7th grader, and from what I have seen, not true in any event.

No it’s true. Makes an occasional big save but really can’t handle the pressure at the elite level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No it’s true. Makes an occasional big save but really can’t handle the pressure at the elite level.

Enough

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are literally a sad human being..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back in September somebody said on this board that BLC added a great goalie but he was injured.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bitter grapes. I wish people would leave the kid alone. He is a great goalie, leave feeling for his parents out of your judgements. He is an awesome kid, great teammate and he does in fact play great even in big games. So what, he lost to the Hawks. Most goalies have. I can only think of 1 that has never lost to them in a real game...he did lose a scrimmage to them though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back in September somebody said on this board that BLC added a great goalie but he was injured.

Whoever the goalie is it doesn’t matter. BLC will be crushed by Madlax Monument or Hawks. So the whole discussion is pointless.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And you have no life....

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 267 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 266 267
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard