Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote

If the Hawks have a weakness it is their defense; the goaltending is top notch but they definitely need to add some poles to shut down some of the big attackman out there. Right now they just don't have it; most of these games the goalies are making at least 6-8 saves on the doorstep bc the defense can not clear the crease. I have seen it on more than one occasion. My guess is this will be a focus next year at tryouts.

Their most physical defenseman that crease clear... 1 is hurt and the other is no longer on the team. Their new pole is extremely physical, and has a motor like no other defender that I have seen.
Reinforcements are probably on the way soon.

Their defense is solid. In youth lacrosse...the biggest equalizer is the X. Whomever controls the ball generally wins the game. Here is where the Hawks have been very good. They always have the ball and maintain possession, they ride like no other team at the age group. This allows the defense to lull and not be as prepared when the other team is playing defense 90% of the time.[/quote]

Their riding was a big factor in beating my son's team yesterday.