BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,735
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 89 of 324 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 323 324
Re: Boys High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Randolph Macon. Where MIAA benchwarmers thrive!

DIII lacrosse= the second and third starting attackman in the MIAA....SOFT KIDS FROM SOFT FAMILIES
Randolph Macon is a great school...I’d be proud to send my kid there....dense comment....

Imagine being proud to send your kid to Randolph Macon...

OUCH ,,,That's got to hurt

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Imagine having your D1 lacrosse kid for the rest of his life working for the kid who went to smart D3 schools.

Yup, you’re a troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DIII lacrosse= the second and third starting attackman in the MIAA....SOFT KIDS FROM SOFT FAMILIES
Randolph Macon is a great school...I’d be proud to send my kid there....dense comment....

WOW, I hope you all are happy with yourselves sitting behind a computer typing these things. You seriously need to get a life. It's not about YOU, it's about your SON and just maybe THEIR happiness is what matters.

No. This is an online forum where people hide. Mostly fun jabs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW, I hope you all are happy with yourselves sitting behind a computer typing these things. You seriously need to get a life. It's not about YOU, it's about your SON and just maybe THEIR happiness is what matters.

My son uses the correct pronoun his, not their

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’re gonna send your kid D3 at least send them to a good academic school they wouldn’t have gotten into without lax. Not a school like Randolph Macon that will accept anyone with a heartbeat. 100% not worth the insane price tag. Might as well have your kid go to Towson or walk on at Salisbury to save some money. Don’t even try and argue Randolph Macon is better compared to Towson or Salisbury because it’s just not.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

62% acceptance rate is hard to overcome. Good Luck !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son will be swilling tea and chompin on crumpets over at Swarthmore my good chap!! Pip pip and cheereo!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you rather go to a major FBS school and play club and get the full college experience or play D2, D3, lower D1 and have an experience similar to a private high school or community college?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son will be swilling tea and chompin on crumpets over at Swarthmore my good chap!! Pip pip and cheereo!!!

That's all he'll be doing because they cancelled sports for the reminder of the school year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son chose high academic D1/FBS/club over low D1/high D3 and has no regrets (especially with Covid). This is his opinion after talking to his friends that are playing at other schools. The low D1 programs are typically not great academic schools (of course there are exceptions) and even the programs that are competitive in their conferences get blown out if they make the NCAA tournament (I am talking about schools ranked outside the top 15-20). Also, your coaching staff is often looking to move to a more competitive program leading to coaching carousels. The competitive D3 schools are (again, this is a generalization) expensive, rural, small, in cold climates, and at the most liberal end of the political spectrum.

The big schools have so much to offer and there is something fun and interesting to do at all times. Joining a fraternity is an option as well. I will warn you that club lax is what you and the rest of the team members make of it. My son played at a good hs in a good conf and he is pretty sure his hs team could pound his college club team. That said, it is fun and a good way to meet people and scratches the lacrosse itch. His team is very well organized (player coached/managed) and supported by the university. However, he has friends on other club teams and everything is a struggle and many have stopped playing. Best of luck with your decision.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Part A: If you value the scholar in scholar athlete, you would go to the best academic school for you. If you're a math wiz, that could be MIT, CalTech or some top State school, engineering, same schools, business, Wharton Stanford and others, many top State schools, pre-med, lots of different choices from large to small, pre-law, the same. If you're looking to go to graduate or professional school, the same grades at a more selective school with the same test scores will get you into a better program. Ok, now for lacrosse.

Use lacrosse to get you into the best school for you (see Part A) and then pick the best lacrosse program for you. This is a little tricky unless you're a bona fide blue chipper and top flight scholar athlete (top GPA, over 1400 boards). What's more important to you, PT or playing for the best level possible? This is where it gets difficult. First you have to assess yourself. Are you a late bloomer whose just starting to develop or have you already peaked as an athlete. Tough for a kid or even a parent to make that assessment. If you're a lower level D1 role or practice player, are you better off going to a top notch academic D3 school and playing more? It depends is the answer. The club at an FBS school is an interesting option. I would only do that for a kid who wasn't a lacrosse fanatic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would you rather go to a major FBS school and play club and get the full college experience or play D2, D3, lower D1 and have an experience similar to a private high school or community college?

This tells you everything about lacrosse and the stupidity of the club lax arms race: Money for nothing and your chicks for free.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad club teams. Can you still get recruited if you play on one?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FBS and large school experience? Not with CoVid.......very sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

62% acceptance rate is hard to overcome. Good Luck !
wow...Loyola parents are incredible...Dogging kids and parents from their own school....Good luck....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely agree with most of this unfortunately for him he is very injury prone as he is always hurt the hype he gets is from his dad and is why most feel he is way over hyped . Put blame more on hawks coaches that allow him to be a ball hog as well as him just going on the field whenver he wants instead of waiting for coaches to call midfielders on

And you can enjoy watching him play at Carolina on TV, while you are watching your son at Randolph Macon.

Your right my son may not be as talented but at least he’ll play the other player is always hurt I’m sure UNC will love an overrated oft injured player So yeah I’ll be watching his team not him Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I seeing this right? Annapolis Hawks with 20 D1 players committed as of today? No way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Definitely agree with most of this unfortunately for him he is very injury prone as he is always hurt the hype he gets is from his dad and is why most feel he is way over hyped . Put blame more on hawks coaches that allow him to be a ball hog as well as him just going on the field whenver he wants instead of waiting for coaches to call midfielders on

And you can enjoy watching him play at Carolina on TV, while you are watching your son at Randolph Macon.

Your right my son may not be as talented but at least he’ll play the other player is always hurt I’m sure UNC will love an overrated oft injured player So yeah I’ll be watching his team not him Dad

Why anyone would ever send their kid D3 is beyond me. 95% of the schools are NOT good schools. And on top of that you’re paying a boatload for that awful education. It makes zero sense to go to some random little liberal arts college in the middle of nowhere that you would’ve gotten into without lax to play lax. If you like lax that much play club or something at the best school you can get into. Lax isn’t forever and in twenty years your kid will regret going to some pos college for the allure of d3 lax.

On top of that playing d3 is not impressive at all. Literally anyone can play d3 lacrosse if they want to. If you wanna play there’s a place for you. Anyone acting like you’re automatically some good lacrosse player if you’re d3 is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Am I seeing this right? Annapolis Hawks with 20 D1 players committed as of today? No way.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmYiBo7FGWy/?igshid=1w6om3jazc5qq

“We don’t care where you go to high school”
“We don’t do guest players”
“We set our roster this week and make the same commitment to you that you do to us”

Whatever happened to this?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

“We set our roster this week and make the same commitment to you that you do to us”

Kids who tried out for that team and got cut have more playing time with the Hawks than some of the kids they claim as "our guy".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why anyone would ever send their kid D3 is beyond me. 95% of the schools are NOT good schools.

D3 schools have basically the same good/bad split as D1 schools. Some are good academically, some are not that great. There are some absolutely top tier D3 schools. Here's one listing of the top 10 D3 lacrosse schools (overall, not just lax):

Amherst College
Tufts University
Williams College
Wesleyan University
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
Washington & Lee University
Middlebury College
Franklin & Marshall College
Haverford College
Swarthmore College

That's a pretty good group of schools. And last time I checked, each kid only chooses one school - so the "95%" don't matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why anyone would ever send their kid D3 is beyond me. 95% of the schools are NOT good schools.

D3 schools have basically the same good/bad split as D1 schools. Some are good academically, some are not that great. There are some absolutely top tier D3 schools. Here's one listing of the top 10 D3 lacrosse schools (overall, not just lax):

Amherst College
Tufts University
Williams College
Wesleyan University
Middlebury College
Haverford College
Swarthmore College

That's a pretty good group of schools. And last time I checked, each kid only chooses one school - so the "95%" don't matter.

There are 248 D3 lacrosse teams. The vast majority of those are awful schools. Outside of the NESCAC and a few random schools that you mentioned the rest of them are bad schools. Most kids going D3 aren’t going to the schools you mentioned, they’re going to some pos little liberal arts college no one has ever heard of. As for your breakdown of the percentage of good schools in D1 and D3 being the same is so wrong. When I just looked at a list of d1 schools I’d say ~30-40/72 of those schools are at least good schools. I’d think you’re crazy if you tried to tell me half of the colleges with D3 lacrosse are good schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts happened. Life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 248 D3 lacrosse teams. The vast majority of those are awful schools. Outside of the NESCAC and a few random schools that you mentioned the rest of them are bad schools. Most kids going D3 aren’t going to the schools you mentioned, they’re going to some pos little liberal arts college no one has ever heard of. As for your breakdown of the percentage of good schools in D1 and D3 being the same is so wrong. When I just looked at a list of d1 schools I’d say ~30-40/72 of those schools are at least good schools. I’d think you’re crazy if you tried to tell me half of the colleges with D3 lacrosse are good schools.

For a lot of kids, a "pos little liberal arts school" might be the perfect fit. Their academics might not warrant going anywhere else. And a lot of those schools have big needs based tuition discounts, so the kids can continue their education and keep playing lacrosse for a few more years. Not sure why that makes you mad.

And lets not pretend that a lot of the Division 1 schools aren't also pretty weak academically. I think a lot of kids would be better off at say Beloit (Division 3) over say Cleveland State (Division 1).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tryouts happened. Life

How many of the kids were on their team this summer that they’re claiming as “our guys” went to tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

People wonder why the Hawks have problems

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For a lot of kids, a "pos little liberal arts school" might be the perfect fit. Their academics might not warrant going anywhere else. And a lot of those schools have big needs based tuition discounts, so the kids can continue their education and keep playing lacrosse for a few more years. Not sure why that makes you mad.

And lets not pretend that a lot of the Division 1 schools aren't also pretty weak academically. I think a lot of kids would be better off at say Beloit (Division 3) over say Cleveland State (Division 1).

Sorry your kid is at a pos liberal arts school no one has heard of. Saying it’s the “perfect fit” means your kid is just smooth brained. If they were that smart they’d be going to a decent school. I think you missed my point that almost all D3 schools stink. Sure there are schools like Cleveland st in D1 but almost all D3 schools are comparable to Cleveland st. If you’re gonna send your kid to some random pos school you might as well send them to Towson or Salisbury and have them walk on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry your kid is at a pos liberal arts school no one has heard of. Saying it’s the “perfect fit” means your kid is just smooth brained. If they were that smart they’d be going to a decent school. I think you missed my point that almost all D3 schools stink. Sure there are schools like Cleveland st in D1 but almost all D3 schools are comparable to Cleveland st. If you’re gonna send your kid to some random pos school you might as well send them to Towson or Salisbury and have them walk on.

it all about graduate school now. get a degree from any school, go to a decent graduate school and you are golden.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amherst College
Tufts University
Williams College
Wesleyan University
Middlebury College
Haverford College
Swarthmore College

MMMMMM, Nescac and a few schools, lets see some non NESCAC schools - MIT, Washington & Lee, Franklin & Marshall, Haverford, Swarthmore, Colorado College, Gettysburg, Skidmore, RPI, Vassar, Denison, John Carroll, Trinity, Dickinson, Steven Institute of Technology, Union College, Kenyon College, Clark, Oberlin, Ohio Wesleyan, Wooster, etc . . .

I got bored of typing but call me crazy, Here is just a taste of some good schools in D3 outside of NESCAC. I am sure there are many more but the naivete of these comments re playing D3 are just absurd.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it all about graduate school now. get a degree from any school, go to a decent graduate school and you are golden.

I’m not sure it’s quite that simple. Do you actually think any grad school worth their salt wants kids from pos colleges? But if your delusions make you feel any better about sending your kid to some awful college in the middle of nowhere so he can play lacrosse then I’ve got no clue what to say.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m not sure it’s quite that simple. Do you actually think any grad school worth their salt wants kids from pos colleges? But if your delusions make you feel any better about sending your kid to some awful college in the middle of nowhere so he can play lacrosse then I’ve got no clue what to say.

yes, matter of fact, I know it to be true! your ignorance must be wonderful

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ve got no clue what to say.

And yet it hasn't stopped you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Amherst College
Tufts University
Williams College
Wesleyan University
Middlebury College
Haverford College
Swarthmore College

MMMMMM, Nescac and a few schools, lets see some non NESCAC schools - MIT, Washington & Lee, Franklin & Marshall, Haverford, Swarthmore, Colorado College, Gettysburg, Skidmore, RPI, Vassar, Denison, John Carroll, Trinity, Dickinson, Steven Institute of Technology, Union College, Kenyon College, Clark, Oberlin, Ohio Wesleyan, Wooster, etc . . .

I got bored of typing but call me crazy, Here is just a taste of some good schools in D3 outside of NESCAC. I am sure there are many more but the naivete of these comments re playing D3 are just absurd.

I wouldn’t call at least 1/3 of those schools good schools. And outside of the ones you listed it’s a whole lot of nothing. Must be sad to be a D3 parent knowing your son is going to a horrible school while you’re wasting all that money on an awful education. But at least little Jimmy gets to play lacrosse and call himself a “college athlete” right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

yes, matter of fact, I know it to be true! your ignorance must be wonderful

Well what you think to be true isn’t true. Sorry to burst your sad bubble. Must be hard to compensate for knowing your kid couldn’t go D1 much less a decent academic school in general.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to google the acceptance rates of these schools. All but a couple are very competitive. You have clearly never had a kid go to college. Only people who have never gone through the process balk at a 30% acceptance rate.

Amherst College
Tufts University
Williams College
Wesleyan University
Middlebury College
Haverford College
Swarthmore College

I wouldn’t call at least 1/3 of those schools good schools. And outside of the ones you listed it’s a whole lot of nothing. Must be sad to be a D3 parent knowing your son is going to a horrible school while you’re wasting all that money on an awful education. But at least little Jimmy gets to play lacrosse and call himself a “college athlete” right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need to google the acceptance rates of these schools. All but a couple are very competitive. You have clearly never had a kid go to college. Only people who have never gone through the process balk at a 30% acceptance rate.

Amherst College
Tufts University
Williams College
Wesleyan University
Middlebury College
Haverford College
Swarthmore College

John Carroll: 83% OWU: 69% Wooster: 54% Clark: 59%

Outside of the schools named, the vast majority of D3 schools aren’t good schools. If you were capable of reading my comments you’d know I was talking about all the other D3 schools and not the top 10%. Sorry, but most D3 schools just aren’t very good schools. Must be hard knowing your kid couldn’t go D1 or to a decent school frown On a side note a low acceptance rate doesn’t automatically make a school a good school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please stop feeding the troll/s. never knew the boys could be such cry babies

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why do you care so much about where a D3 athlete chooses to play and why? Clearly they are beneath you. So why are you still talking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is wrong with you people? For the record, my son is heading to a top D1 program that also has top tier academics. But whatever dads around here swinging it around how D1 is sooooooo much better than D3 seem to be compensating for their own inadequacies. Maybe you feel all alpha and tough, but you sound like fools.

We talked to a lot of people as we tried to figure out the best path for our son. As we did our research of various options, the person we talked to who enjoyed his college lacrosse experience more than anyone else played CLUB at an SEC school. There are plenty of high quality schools offering a D3 lacrosse experience. And it is not a full time job like a D1 commitment will be. It is all about the best fit for the kid, not going D1 so daddy can post on a message board.

There is no multi million dollar contract at the end of this rainbow like the major sports, so why not choose the fit that is best not only for your son’s 4 years in college but also the rest of his life? The infantile superiority oozing out of these “D3 stinks” comments exposes the posters for the “living through my kids success” clowns that they are.

Like Reply Quote
Page 89 of 324 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 323 324
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard