Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are 248 D3 lacrosse teams. The vast majority of those are awful schools. Outside of the NESCAC and a few random schools that you mentioned the rest of them are bad schools. Most kids going D3 aren’t going to the schools you mentioned, they’re going to some pos little liberal arts college no one has ever heard of. As for your breakdown of the percentage of good schools in D1 and D3 being the same is so wrong. When I just looked at a list of d1 schools I’d say ~30-40/72 of those schools are at least good schools. I’d think you’re crazy if you tried to tell me half of the colleges with D3 lacrosse are good schools.

For a lot of kids, a "pos little liberal arts school" might be the perfect fit. Their academics might not warrant going anywhere else. And a lot of those schools have big needs based tuition discounts, so the kids can continue their education and keep playing lacrosse for a few more years. Not sure why that makes you mad.

And lets not pretend that a lot of the Division 1 schools aren't also pretty weak academically. I think a lot of kids would be better off at say Beloit (Division 3) over say Cleveland State (Division 1).

Sorry your kid is at a pos liberal arts school no one has heard of. Saying it’s the “perfect fit” means your kid is just smooth brained. If they were that smart they’d be going to a decent school. I think you missed my point that almost all D3 schools stink. Sure there are schools like Cleveland st in D1 but almost all D3 schools are comparable to Cleveland st. If you’re gonna send your kid to some random pos school you might as well send them to Towson or Salisbury and have them walk on.