BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,638
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 40 of 69 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 68 69
Re: Boys 2017 Fall 2012/Spring 2013
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As soon as the Terps beat the Jesters, you can go back to that line...
that's not true

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't the Gladiators get crushed by 91 Orange?

Is this true? Gladiators played 91 orange?

They have not played since last summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As soon as the Terps beat the Jesters, you can go back to that line...
that's not true
the jesters beat both terps teams at one point in the year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We Express 2017 parents don't consider the Turtles a part of Express because MC has no say in anything they do. He controls everything for the rest of the 2017 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We Express 2017 parents don't consider the Turtles a part of Express because MC has no say in anything they do. He controls everything for the rest of the 2017 teams.

Can you imagine if he did? you could all then complain and buy your kids onto the team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think any terp black player would want to play down on terp team this tournament season. Not even close competitively.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think any terp black player would want to play down on terp team this tournament season. Not even close competitively.
they play on two different levels

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
anyone know if there are going to be more than One 2019 TERP teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hope you are not really a Terp Black parent.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is the only grade that I am aware of with this issue

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC dosen't control anything on the Terp Balck Team. 2 of the parents do. That is while we seperated the Terps into two teams. That is a fact!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to understand, 2017 is the grade before many of these kids will go to St A's or Cham. This is why there are 4 team plus the turtles for Express. It's also why express will then start to dominate from this age forward. Yes some teams will compete, but overall you will see the top express team start to distance itself from all others. Keep in mind many players that currently play for other clubs will also migrate to Express, especially if they are playing for the catholic teams. Just the way it is. Look at 2016, 2015, 2014. Top Express team in these upper grades is and always will be a national power. Really, 2017 no different when you add in turtles. Same with 2018. No, not an express parent, just been around this for many years.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MC dosen't control anything on the Terp Balck Team. 2 of the parents do. That is while we seperated the Terps into two teams. That is a fact!!!!

Not true! If that was the case there would be set roster which there isn't. The 2 teams share players! FACT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the terps are not being coached by parents that is anything but true try to know your team alittle more next time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to understand, 2017 is the grade before many of these kids will go to St A's or Cham. This is why there are 4 team plus the turtles for Express. It's also why express will then start to dominate from this age forward. Yes some teams will compete, but overall you will see the top express team start to distance itself from all others. Keep in mind many players that currently play for other clubs will also migrate to Express, especially if they are playing for the catholic teams. Just the way it is. Look at 2016, 2015, 2014. Top Express team in these upper grades is and always will be a national power. Really, 2017 no different when you add in turtles. Same with 2018. No, not an express parent, just been around this for many years.

Apparenly you have been around for "many years". Things are changing! Other clubs have grown & people have other choices besides Express. Not every great lacrosse player is going private these days. There's a tremendous amount of talented kids at the 2017 level & the large majority are staying public. No need to feed into the Express BS. To answer the question of "Is there going to be more than one 2019 Terp team?" I would say from past history...absolutely~! But, it doesnt mean they will "Dominate". As long as parents are willing to pay the $$ & ignore all of the ridiculous they know to be going on already, they will keep adding kids and splitting teams. It happens every year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Breaking news, Terps Black just had an emergency board meeting they voted 24 to 1 MC is out. They are flying in Bill Tierney tomorrow on the Terp Black private jet. The one vote is now on the Terps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt 2019 terps will be considered an A team. Many of the players who could have made it an A team decided they didnt like what was being offered and can wait till next year. Many may play against the terps and see what comes of it and see if it will be worth it next year.

I have a feeling for the 2019 there may be a few more options come august, but this is a 2017 post so good luck on your last summer

Apparenly you have been around for "many years". Things are changing! Other clubs have grown & people have other choices besides Express. Not every great lacrosse player is going private these days. There's a tremendous amount of talented kids at the 2017 level & the large majority are staying public. No need to feed into the Express BS. To answer the question of "Is there going to be more than one 2019 Terp team?" I would say from past history...absolutely~! But, it doesnt mean they will "Dominate". As long as parents are willing to pay the $$ & ignore all of the ridiculous they know to be going on already, they will keep adding kids and splitting teams. It happens every year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say the vast majority of the Express parents with kids on the various Terps teams are pleased with the work the coaches are doing with their sons. Also the kids themselves are having a good time and work together well as a team . Most importantly every kid is improving their skills. Looking forward to another fun summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are 2 rosters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dare you to find one terps black parent not pleased with the coaching or mission statement of this team. The only disgruntled appear to be those on other teams, which may or may not include other terp teams. The black team is a cohesive unit coached by top tier coaches whom are dedicated to learning and being the best players they can be. Good luck to all this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who cares about 2019 team. go to your own forum.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't think anyone can argue that flyers and friers pump out the most consistent amount of top quality players that go to top quality teams. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 players going here or there. There have been multiple players consistently from both teams going to top tier schools (acc,ivy etc). It is what it is. They provide each other with competition, along with other top lax schools they play like Delbarton and Yorktown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I really don't think anyone can argue that flyers and friers pump out the most consistent amount of top quality players that go to top quality teams. I'm not talking about 1 or 2 players going here or there. There have been multiple players consistently from both teams going to top tier schools (acc,ivy etc). It is what it is. They provide each other with competition, along with other top lax schools they play like Delbarton and Yorktown.

No arguing that they do. The post stated that Express will "dominate" because these kids will go to SA & Cham & therefore migrate to Express. It is not the case anymore. There are many options for great lacrosse players. 2017 club teams on LI are VERY strong & the island also has MANY stong HS teams. These other clubs have brought in new avenues to ACC, Ivy, etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I doubt 2019 terps will be considered an A team. Many of the players who could have made it an A team decided they didnt like what was being offered and can wait till next year. Many may play against the terps and see what comes of it and see if it will be worth it next year.

I have a feeling for the 2019 there may be a few more options come august, but this is a 2017 post so good luck on your last summer

Look, clearly you have a bone to pick with Express. For the record, my kids don't play for the club. I'm just explaining the landscape to you. There have always been great lax players that don't go private. That will never change. What I'm also telling you is the above will not change anytime soon, if ever. Sit back, relax and see for yourself. It will happen, it always does. There are some great teams out there, only one can rise to the top moving forward. When you have hundreds of kids that want to be on the top express team, thats a lot to choose from. Also look at the numbers, 20 plus kids on both St A and Cham committed to D1 schools. Most playing for Express. You'll see. They have a tremendous talent pool to pull from, no other club will be able match that. Also, keep in mind many Public HS coaches are starting summer teams. They are making the kids play for their teams. So moving forward, many of the top public school kids will be out of the talent pool for the other clubs to draw from. In addition, there are now so many clubs that the concentration of talent on any one team is getting watered down. Don't get mad, just understand the facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 has some great talent, two awesome goalies... however they got beat bad by fl$...Just wonder why Express didn't have another try-out this spring to recruit some MORE talent.....Also, looks like no "C" team.not enough kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look, clearly you have a bone to pick with Express. For the record, my kids don't play for the club. I'm just explaining the landscape to you. There have always been great lax players that don't go private. That will never change. What I'm also telling you is the above will not change anytime soon, if ever. Sit back, relax and see for yourself. It will happen, it always does. There are some great teams out there, only one can rise to the top moving forward. When you have hundreds of kids that want to be on the top express team, thats a lot to choose from. Also look at the numbers, 20 plus kids on both St A and Cham committed to D1 schools. Most playing for Express. You'll see. They have a tremendous talent pool to pull from, no other club will be able match that. Also, keep in mind many Public HS coaches are starting summer teams. They are making the kids play for their teams. So moving forward, many of the top public school kids will be out of the talent pool for the other clubs to draw from. In addition, there are now so many clubs that the concentration of talent on any one team is getting watered down. Don't get mad, just understand the facts.

No need to "explain the landscape" to me, thank you. You are missing the point... there has been a change in the landscape of youth lacrosse on LI. Of course, SA & Cham are very strong & The Express has been the powerhouse over the past 10 years. The Turtles are a force to be reckon with but, there are some new clubs doing very well. People are starting to understand that you dont have to deal with the politics that Express offers. Im not angry, I dont have a "bone to pick" with Express, I do understand the facts & Im looking forward to watching these boys over the next few years. The point is lacrosse families have choices now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps 2017, great practice today all 50 kids looked good. Want a waste of money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Terps practice first today, after practice one of the Terp Black parents said my kid looked good . Wow what a nice guy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You should be happy someone complimented your kid. Take it positively and show some confidence. It is a competitive world and your kid is learning from the experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are actually no politics on the Express. They want to put the best possible kids on the field and play at the highest level. If your son is playing well everything will be fine and there will be nothing to worry about. Politics In this case is just parents who don't see things realistically in terms of their own kids ability. MC says if your son is getting every ground ball,making every shot , passing perfectly and never getting beat on defense he has nothing to worry about. Anything less than that needs means there is room for improvement. It is a high standard that is all, not politics. So yes there are choices for your kids to go to on the club landscape if you don't like this approach. The majority of the parents with kids on the the team prefer it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What world are you living in! Have you been reading this thread? The Terps are a mess. Who has Black uniforms that is playing on what team. Who has rosters. Who doesn’t have a roster. What Black players are playing with the Terps. No black players playing with the Terps. Blah blah

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are actually no politics on the Express. They want to put the best possible kids on the field and play at the highest level. If your son is playing well everything will be fine and there will be nothing to worry about. Politics In this case is just parents who don't see things realistically in terms of their own kids ability. MC says if your son is getting every ground ball,making every shot , passing perfectly and never getting beat on defense he has nothing to worry about. Anything less than that needs means there is room for improvement. It is a high standard that is all, not politics. So yes there are choices for your kids to go to on the club landscape if you don't like this approach. The majority of the parents with kids on the the team prefer it.

LOL....Thank you I needed a laugh this morning and your post was hysterical!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Holy delusional, batman"....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You reading the thread dude? This whole Terp thing is all screwed up. So much in fighting it’s not funny. The more you try and defend it the more ridiculous you sound.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your right it’s not Express it’s the parents who are trying to control it. To protect their kids tenuous positions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is a transparent response.No one is going to say this. Natural response would be for the Black parents to just ask the parents who they complimented and figure this out. You could just sign your name. Someone feels like the walls are closing in. lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19 teams from the 2017 age group will be playing this Sunday in the JDRF. Should be a fun weekend with some good lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
19 teams from the 2017 age group will be playing this Sunday in the JDRF. Should be a fun weekend with some good lacrosse.

Snipers/Jesters/fl$/Outlaws/True Blue are each playing at least three of the other teams in this group. There are two Express teams listed but based on the teams Express is playing it seems neither is the Terps or one of the Terps teams. Good luck to all the teams!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Snipers/Jesters/fl$/Outlaws/True Blue are each playing at least three of the other teams in this group. There are two Express teams listed but based on the teams Express is playing it seems neither is the Terps or one of the Terps teams. Good luck to all the teams!

Like Reply Quote
Page 40 of 69 1 2 38 39 40 41 42 68 69
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard