Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
The 4th Annual Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase is Now Open for Registration at www.cblaxers.com | Boys & Girls Long Ireland Lacrosse Tournament Registration Now Open!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 04:38 PM
True Annapolis
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 04:33 PM
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 04:28 PM
Greater Howard Club Lacrosse Conference (HoCo)
by Anonymous - 02/24/21 04:28 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,261
Posts282,728
Members2,242
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Re: Boys 2023-10th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
TheBackOfTheCage #311235 10/05/20 09:49 AM
T
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
T
Test

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #311286 10/05/20 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did the undisputed boys showcase take place this year?

Has any coach given any real feedback regarding the Fall tourneys, showcases, etc . . My sons coach has said they they will have zero impact since coaches cant attend. Curious what others have been told.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311331 10/05/20 11:24 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has any coach given any real feedback regarding the Fall tourneys, showcases, etc . . My sons coach has said they they will have zero impact since coaches cant attend. Curious what others have been told.

Any non-campus showcase is normally shaky. Now without coaches? A social media hype bubble.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311354 10/06/20 08:46 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any non-campus showcase is normally shaky. Now without coaches? A social media hype bubble.

My son's team is going down to Maryland for a recruiting tournament that's useless. More $$ to fork out during covid.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #311545 10/07/20 11:44 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles look great !!

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #311552 10/08/20 06:42 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense Meanyfocus on your own team and stop trying to find ways to make your soap opera life interesting

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311559 10/08/20 07:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense Meanyfocus on your own team and stop trying to find ways to make your soap opera life interesting

My son's team is going down to Maryland for a recruiting tournament that's useless. More $$ to fork out during covid.

What LI teams are going down to Maryland tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311566 10/08/20 09:00 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What LI teams are going down to Maryland tournaments?

The truth is that only D1 schools are not attending showcases in person, D2 and D3 are, so maybe not such a waste of time. Also the tournaments and showcases get you more opportunities for game film, which may be important for reaching out to D1 coaches. Also, if your kid is seriously considering college lacrosse, why would they ever want to turn down an opportunity to play.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311572 10/08/20 09:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You forgot to mention the additional costs of hotel, eating out, gas, and most importantly it's going to be Virtual. I'm sure your kid is going to get a call from all the top D1 schools as a 10th grader.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #311699 10/09/20 01:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did the undisputed boys showcase take place this year?

You forgot to mention the additional costs of hotel, eating out, gas, and most importantly it's going to be Virtual. I'm sure your kid is going to get a call from all the top D1 schools as a 10th grader.

1% is this weekend. Any feedback from prior attendees ?

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #312028 10/13/20 09:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Did the undisputed boys showcase take place this year?

1% is this weekend. Any feedback from prior attendees ?

This was the first year.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312034 10/14/20 06:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it is about getting game film which you should use to create a highlight reel to send to college coaches going into the summer.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312038 10/14/20 07:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it is about getting game film which you should use to create a highlight reel to send to college coaches going into the summer.
Yeah, I can't wait to go down to Maryland to get some game film. Coach is clueless.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #312040 10/14/20 08:01 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my 2 cents as a 2022 parent in recruitment...

The Fall 2020 film for a 2023 recruit will not matter. College coaches won’t care about this film since it’ll be a year old once you enter recruitment. The coaches will go off of summer 2020 Under Armour Underclass attendees, their future camp/clinic attendees once the dead period is lifted and top club rosters to build their initial 2023 lists. And of course watching them play live whenever that will be able to occur again. For the 2022 class they did build these initial lists when they watched them live during the Fall of 2019 but these lists changed significantly by the time Sept came. They don’t ever look back at this old Fall film a year later. And who even knows what the recruit landscape will look like Sept 2021 if the current dead period continues into winter 2021 and if the spring 21 college season is altered. They will grant another year to current College players and even current 21 & 22 commits will be competing for spots and scholarship money. It’s been a very unusual recruiting season for the 22’s and I can’t imagine how it will be like for the 23’s. The biggest determining factor for the 2022 class commits has been the relationship your club recruiting Director or high school coach has with the individual college coaches. And of course where you stand with your club recruiting director or high school coach. Choose your club and high school very carefully.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #312052 10/14/20 09:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just my 2 cents as a 2022 parent in recruitment...

The Fall 2020 film for a 2023 recruit will not matter. College coaches won’t care about this film since it’ll be a year old once you enter recruitment. The coaches will go off of summer 2020 Under Armour Underclass attendees, their future camp/clinic attendees once the dead period is lifted and top club rosters to build their initial 2023 lists. And of course watching them play live whenever that will be able to occur again. For the 2022 class they did build these initial lists when they watched them live during the Fall of 2019 but these lists changed significantly by the time Sept came. They don’t ever look back at this old Fall film a year later. And who even knows what the recruit landscape will look like Sept 2021 if the current dead period continues into winter 2021 and if the spring 21 college season is altered. They will grant another year to current College players and even current 21 & 22 commits will be competing for spots and scholarship money. It’s been a very unusual recruiting season for the 22’s and I can’t imagine how it will be like for the 23’s. The biggest determining factor for the 2022 class commits has been the relationship your club recruiting Director or high school coach has with the individual college coaches. And of course where you stand with your club recruiting director or high school coach. Choose your club and high school very carefully.

Don't disagree except for narrowing it down to UA. I think coaches are moving away from the event and moving towards Main Stage and Juniors Open. These events from 2020 had a massive impact for big time recruits in the 2022 class. I think these events in 2021 will be big for 2023.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 24 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 23 24
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard