Re: Girls High School
B_O_T_C #305245 07/28/20 08:23 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA cancelled tryout this week for Long Island region. How will they have this event without all regions there? Upstate NY too.. no tryout

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #305268 07/28/20 10:20 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
We picked up our swag bag & my 22 was thrilled. Last year she got a stick but this year new shoes, backpack filled with apparel. My daughter had a blast last year she loved experience. We're looking forward to this week.

As long as you are only attending just for the swag with no expectation of your daughter actually being recruited at the event it's $600 well spent I guess. Though the value of the swag is far less then $600 I'd assume

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305270 07/28/20 10:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA cancelled tryout this week for Long Island region. How will they have this event without all regions there? Upstate NY too.. no tryout

Next the event will be cancelled. No way a public company can risk bad press of someone contracting virus at an event like this. Right or wrong that's the reality.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305272 07/28/20 11:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has to be the most dense comment ever - "no expectation of your daughter actually being recruited at the event". What do you base that on? All is takes is ONE play in a game that gets a coaches attention. All the girls get film of all 6 of their games (more if they go to the playoffs). The ONLY reason for the insult of the event is because your daughter didn't make it???

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305274 07/28/20 11:28 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just let the coaches pick the LI teams.. they'll be accused of it anyway

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #305303 07/28/20 03:06 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Event will be canceled.
2. Truth

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305308 07/28/20 04:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has to be the most dense comment ever - "no expectation of your daughter actually being recruited at the event". What do you base that on? All is takes is ONE play in a game that gets a coaches attention. All the girls get film of all 6 of their games (more if they go to the playoffs). The ONLY reason for the insult of the event is because your daughter didn't make it???

Nah my daughter is a 2021 and committed a while ago. Just about everyone "makes it" these days. Ever since the recruiting calendar changed and the event was moved from the winter to the summer it has been a waste of money unless your daughter is looking to play D2 or D3. The top kids don't attend anymore for a reason. Sure you can be seen by coaches, but the price is absurd for the minimum exposure your daughter is getting. While this year is different because of COVID, for that money you could send her to 2 or 3 camps at a school she's interested in this fall where the coaches are guaranteed to see her.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305309 07/28/20 04:39 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One would question if you even have a daughter that plays lacrosse when you make a statement as ridiculous as saying the tournament being a "waste of money unless your daughter is looking to play D2 or D3". Go look at where the 21's on the rosters are committed to and I am sure the 22's are hoping to achieve the same.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305310 07/28/20 04:41 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One would question if you even have a daughters that plays lax with that comment. Take a look at where the 21's on the rosters are committed, I'm not seeing any D2 or D3, I see top D1's.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305334 07/28/20 10:55 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One would question if you even have a daughters that plays lax with that comment. Take a look at where the 21's on the rosters are committed, I'm not seeing any D2 or D3, I see top D1's.

One would question your reading comprehension as the subject of the discussion was the UA150 and not the UA AA game.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #305420 07/29/20 02:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Truth

Event as as it was known is canceled.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/all-america-games-shift-to-regional-format/56694

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305422 07/29/20 02:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Truth

Event as as it was known is canceled.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/all-america-games-shift-to-regional-format/56694

Is that how you pretend to be right? The even isn't canceled

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305432 07/29/20 03:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this was a smart solution on Corrigan's part and the girls still get to play with another goal of making the Championship weekend. Try being positive, it goes a long way right now.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305458 07/30/20 06:55 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they rescheduled tryout dates

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #305559 07/31/20 09:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Public School Coach mentioned is also an M&D coach who petitioned had at both the Baltimore and DC tryouts for favorable placement of M&D girls
Straws.

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 40 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 39 40
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard