BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 117 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 116 117
Re: Girls High School
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2023 will get pushed back as well. It’s inevitable. College coaches will not want to recruit 2 classes on top of each other. Either way, this is so far off in the future. With so much uncertainty about this upcoming fall and You might as well add next spring, there’s no sense in getting your panties in a bunch about it now. Everything will change 15 times between now and then. At this point, don’t look past tomorrow.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A shame. Won't give kids too much time to visit schools and get to know coaches. Hopefully they can meet in the middle.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
under armor is no longer associated with this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can’t say I blame them. the reputation of the event is in the toilet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armor is out because they are a poorly run company with terrible financials. I am not commenting on the legitimacy of the event but, unless you were being purposefully obtuse, you are misinformed. Oh, and I am sorry your daughter didn't make the team.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Under Armor is out because they are a poorly run company with terrible financials. I am not commenting on the legitimacy of the event but, unless you were being purposefully obtuse, you are misinformed. Oh, and I am sorry your daughter didn't make the team.

Actually you have no idea what you are talking about in terms of why UA isn’t sponsoring the event this year. But please keep on educating us with nonsense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually you have no idea what you are talking about in terms of why UA isn’t sponsoring the event this year. But please keep on educating us with nonsense.

According to UA the senior games are canceled because of Covid-19. Whatever the real reason if not Covid-19, it's interesting that the UAAA website makes no mention of the senior game cancellations. I guess CSE thinks it's better to just ignore the situation and hope no one notices?

https://about.underarmour.com/news/2020/03/under-armour-coronavirus-responses-and-actions

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It isn’t just UA getting out of deals or not re signing. STX couldn’t resign the US lacrosse sponsorship either.

UA is a solid company getting out of bad, expensive deals that make no sense or money to long term growth of the brand.i e UCLA, lacrosse sticks , all useless football and sport camps etc. refocusing money on e-commerce and digital where everyone now shops. These were great sponsorship for the camps and kids but super expensive and lost the Return on investment.

On UA senior game they don’t care enough to announce it, but either does IL who picks the teams. There must be other important news.

Let’s just hope soon lax gets back to normal for these girls that work hard.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the state quarantines going on and that it’s only a 2 day tournament they will be lucky to have 5 or 6 teams show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It isn’t just UA getting out of deals or not re signing. STX couldn’t resign the US lacrosse sponsorship either.

UA is a solid company getting out of bad, expensive deals that make no sense or money to long term growth of the brand.i e UCLA, lacrosse sticks , all useless football and sport camps etc. refocusing money on e-commerce and digital where everyone now shops. These were great sponsorship for the camps and kids but super expensive and lost the Return on investment.

On UA senior game they don’t care enough to announce it, but either does IL who picks the teams. There must be other important news.

Let’s just hope soon lax gets back to normal for these girls that work hard.

CSE is not helping their reputation. My daughter played UAAA Underclass 3 years. First two at Towson were good events. Last year's venue was not good. President's Cup in South Florida was terrible. Hotels more expensive and less convenient than Disney and traffic/parking was a nightmare. Would rather pay admission to Disney's much nicer facility able to handle crowds. They look greedy holding tryouts like everything is normal. I don't have a problem with teams playing locally for people who feel comfortable with that, but a tournament bringing in people from all over the country is not the right thing to do at this time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regarding the UA 150 do you think the swag will be “yay” or “meh” this year?
I’m sorry to some of you that we are one of the ones to do this event this year. In hindsight I’m so glad we are doing this event!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Players from NY NJ CT pulled out of UA150. To go means can’t do UA AA tryout or the event due to the 14 day quarantine on leaving MD.
Any player that attends 150 cannot attend the LI tryout the next day. stinks. But UAAA too important to pass up the chance of makikg that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all the state quarantines going on and that it’s only a 2 day tournament they will be lucky to have 5 or 6 teams show up.
Regional tryouts were held so refunds wouldn’t be necessary. The question is if the games will happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We picked up our swag bag & my 22 was thrilled. Last year she got a stick but this year new shoes, backpack filled with apparel. My daughter had a blast last year she loved experience. We're looking forward to this week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Public School Coach mentioned is also an M&D coach who petitioned had at both the Baltimore and DC tryouts for favorable placement of M&D girls

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA cancelled tryout this week for Long Island region. How will they have this event without all regions there? Upstate NY too.. no tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We picked up our swag bag & my 22 was thrilled. Last year she got a stick but this year new shoes, backpack filled with apparel. My daughter had a blast last year she loved experience. We're looking forward to this week.

As long as you are only attending just for the swag with no expectation of your daughter actually being recruited at the event it's $600 well spent I guess. Though the value of the swag is far less then $600 I'd assume

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UA cancelled tryout this week for Long Island region. How will they have this event without all regions there? Upstate NY too.. no tryout

Next the event will be cancelled. No way a public company can risk bad press of someone contracting virus at an event like this. Right or wrong that's the reality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has to be the most dense comment ever - "no expectation of your daughter actually being recruited at the event". What do you base that on? All is takes is ONE play in a game that gets a coaches attention. All the girls get film of all 6 of their games (more if they go to the playoffs). The ONLY reason for the insult of the event is because your daughter didn't make it???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just let the coaches pick the LI teams.. they'll be accused of it anyway

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Event will be canceled.
2. Truth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has to be the most dense comment ever - "no expectation of your daughter actually being recruited at the event". What do you base that on? All is takes is ONE play in a game that gets a coaches attention. All the girls get film of all 6 of their games (more if they go to the playoffs). The ONLY reason for the insult of the event is because your daughter didn't make it???

Nah my daughter is a 2021 and committed a while ago. Just about everyone "makes it" these days. Ever since the recruiting calendar changed and the event was moved from the winter to the summer it has been a waste of money unless your daughter is looking to play D2 or D3. The top kids don't attend anymore for a reason. Sure you can be seen by coaches, but the price is absurd for the minimum exposure your daughter is getting. While this year is different because of COVID, for that money you could send her to 2 or 3 camps at a school she's interested in this fall where the coaches are guaranteed to see her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One would question if you even have a daughter that plays lacrosse when you make a statement as ridiculous as saying the tournament being a "waste of money unless your daughter is looking to play D2 or D3". Go look at where the 21's on the rosters are committed to and I am sure the 22's are hoping to achieve the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One would question if you even have a daughters that plays lax with that comment. Take a look at where the 21's on the rosters are committed, I'm not seeing any D2 or D3, I see top D1's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One would question if you even have a daughters that plays lax with that comment. Take a look at where the 21's on the rosters are committed, I'm not seeing any D2 or D3, I see top D1's.

One would question your reading comprehension as the subject of the discussion was the UA150 and not the UA AA game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Truth

Event as as it was known is canceled.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/all-america-games-shift-to-regional-format/56694

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2. Truth

Event as as it was known is canceled.
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/all-america-games-shift-to-regional-format/56694

Is that how you pretend to be right? The even isn't canceled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this was a smart solution on Corrigan's part and the girls still get to play with another goal of making the Championship weekend. Try being positive, it goes a long way right now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have they rescheduled tryout dates

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Public School Coach mentioned is also an M&D coach who petitioned had at both the Baltimore and DC tryouts for favorable placement of M&D girls
Straws.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Straws.

Not sure why you would think that when 3 M&D players that had been on DC team last 2 years got cut. And 5 top M&D 2021 players didn't even make callbacks in Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Straws.

Not sure why you would think that when 3 M&D players that had been on DC team last 2 years got cut. And 5 top M&D 2021 players didn't even make callbacks in Baltimore.

M&D hasn’t had the top players in this age group ( 2021) for more than 2 years. It is not surprising that they aren’t over represented.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Straws.

M&D hasn’t had the top players in this age group ( 2021) for more than 2 years. It is not surprising that they aren’t over represented.

What an idiotic statement. You really believe that some of the top 2021 players in Baltimore aren't on M&D? There are 4 2021 M&D players and 5 2021 Skywalker players on the UA team. They are clearly the top 2 Baltimore 2021 teams and that's the reason they make up 9 of the 13 2021 players on the team. 7 girls have made UA the last 3 years. 3 are from M&D, 3 from Skywalkers and one from NEMS. Point was that the 5 M&D girls that didn't even make callbacks are committed to MD, PSU, Loyola, James Madison and Jacksonville. Not at least having them at callbacks seems to show that there wasn't any M&D bias going on at tryouts which was the accusation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Straws.

What an idiotic statement. You really believe that some of the top 2021 players in Baltimore aren't on M&D? There are 4 2021 M&D players and 5 2021 Skywalker players on the UA team. They are clearly the top 2 Baltimore 2021 teams and that's the reason they make up 9 of the 13 2021 players on the team. 7 girls have made UA the last 3 years. 3 are from M&D, 3 from Skywalkers and one from NEMS. Point was that the 5 M&D girls that didn't even make callbacks are committed to MD, PSU, Loyola, James Madison and Jacksonville. Not at least having them at callbacks seems to show that there wasn't any M&D bias going on at tryouts which was the accusation.
☝🏻

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Straws.

Skywalkers, M & D, YJ, LI Top Guns, Mass Elite, and Heros reign supreme at this age group (2021), but Capital Blue is top dog. Celebrate the great lacrosse for all organizations.

Good luck to the rest of the recruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How has the Capital 2021 Team done recruiting wise ? They have some really terrific players however they really don’t make a point of listing their commitments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 girls have reported a commitment to Inside Lacrosse.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/club/team/Capital+2021+Blue/9774/2020

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those Capital Blue players that got out on the DC UA team went 0-2 against Baltimore and 1-2 against the South. Maybe the M&D and Skywalkers girls are better after all since Baltimore went 5-0 and won regional easily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
14 girls have reported a commitment to Inside Lacrosse.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/recruiting/club/team/Capital+2021+Blue/9774/2020

Well the Cal commits have a slight edge at a great school. All others seem to be in a great place as well. Good for them and congrats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All those Capital Blue players that got out on the DC UA team went 0-2 against Baltimore and 1-2 against the South. Maybe the M&D and Skywalkers girls are better after all since Baltimore went 5-0 and won regional easily.
DC went 1-3 because of their tryout process. They had no chance of winning.

Like Reply Quote
Page 13 of 117 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 116 117
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard