BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 148 of 214 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 213 214
Re: Girls High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, the positions are the same in college as HS and if you have a recruitable asset (size, speed, shot, athleticism, etc etc) it should not matter period.

Where kids get lost is when they play soft or don't take the right kind of chances when being watched, too many kids that are average need to separate from the herd and get lost in the masses when coaches watch games.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Plus there’s a family history of not keeping to your word.

No reason to rip the kid or her family. Her flipping is a prime example of why change was needed to recruiting. Kids shouldn't need to make a decision like committing to a service academy in 8th grade.

There is plenty of reason to rip the family mainly her dad. Has always been a complete weasel with working politics in both travel and his local youth town teams . Was able to coach his daughters teams while knowing nothing about lacrosse and setting a horrendous example for the kids who he coached.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches recruit athletes with field IQ. There are not looking at what positions they are playing in HS/Club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches recruit athletes with field IQ. There are not looking at what positions they are playing in HS/Club

Wrong , and yes that little [ChillLaxin] of a coach ( did not say man for a reason) has always been a weasel . Not sure who I feel worse for his wife , or him as they are both gross . His kids never had a chance to stand by their verbal commitment as they were taught from an early age that your word means nothing . He teamed up with a wife beater to become two of the worst roll models to have ever coached on LI and YJ should be embarrassed. Yes I realize this post is not nice but they earned it and I would have no problem telling them to their face . CR tolerated these two losers so her son could go to a district they did not live in and this lost would look the other way . The reason I point this out is so they don’t post any non sense back as they know the ugly truth .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Colleges love players that score points. Period. Everything else is just window dressing. I wish it was more broad but it really isn’t. My kid plays defense, and well.

And well what? My kid plays defense and had several options.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here we go...major recruiting tournaments getting cancelled including Presidents cup in November!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So confused. CSE is still holding tournaments. Will the coaches come?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other CSE tournaments aren't well attended by college coaches. It's good to see just how greedy people will be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The other CSE tournaments aren't well attended by college coaches. It's good to see just how greedy people will be.

IWLCA does not own rights, sponsorships, dates or locations of these tournaments. Plus CSE does much of the organizational work anyway. Of course the IWLCA has the "coaching connection", but coaches will be there. These are the tournaments that get a lot of obscure talent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really interesting. On the one hand competition could be great...on the other everything is messed up
For the 2022s. Now they have to choose between two competing tournaments. With all the other unknowns. That stinks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live Love Lax Florida is an invite-only recruiting showcase.

"Invitation only event for the best clubs in the country."
"Grad Years: 2022 & 2023 only"
"62 Team Maximum"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's not really a choice between 2 competing tournaments.

For LLL, it's the tournament organizers who are choosing which clubs they are willing to let in. It will be just another battle between the "haves" and the "have-nots."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really interesting. On the one hand competition could be great...on the other everything is messed up
For the 2022s. Now they have to choose between two competing tournaments. With all the other unknowns. That stinks.

If you look at the organizers for the LLL tournament, they will get a talented draw, especially since it’s a great cause. The other tournament would still get all of the teams that wouldn’t clear registration. It’s a win/win. Head coaches at one and assistants at the other. 90 min apart. Very strategic marketing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the coaches come? If the IWLCA won’t run tournaments for the health and safety of the players how do go to tournaments or even watch film from there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the IWLCA cancels their winter meetings, then I doubt many college coaches will attend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think this creates even more unnecessary uncertainty.

1. We don't know if the IWLCA will hold its annual meeting. Depending on the conditions, it might seem hypocritical to say that it is unsafe for HS player and their families to participate in an outdoor tournament in November, while encouraging 1000 college coaches (many of whom are older than me) to gather at an INDOOR facility. If IWLCA cancels their annual meeting, will coaches even travel to Florida?

2. The travel time from Wellington, FL to Naples, Fl is over 2 hours. A large part of the route is driving through the Everglades, so there is no midpoint area to stay. I would think the coaches would have to split up if they want to attend both. Last November, i spent over $1000 on lodging, airfare, and car rental. Given the cost and the current economic environment, I don't think you can assume they can afford to visit both locations Door_Open_And they decide to travel to FL. Which one do they choose if they can only pick one? LLL Florida with 20% of the 2022s playing? The top clubs are supposedly going to LLL, but not every club that gets invited is actually a top club. I'm also assuming that most clubs are also bringing their B or even C teams, too. Or Presidents Cup with 80% of the 2022s playing?

It was a lot simpler last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. We don't know if the IWLCA will hold its annual meeting. Depending on the conditions, it might seem hypocritical to say that it is unsafe for HS player and their families to participate in an outdoor tournament in November, while encouraging 1000 college coaches (many of whom are older than me) to gather at an INDOOR facility. If IWLCA cancels their annual meeting, will coaches even travel to Florida?

2. The travel time from Wellington, FL to Naples, Fl is over 2 hours. A large part of the route is driving through the Everglades, so there is no midpoint area to stay. I would think the coaches would have to split up if they want to attend both. Last November, i spent over $1000 on lodging, airfare, and car rental. Given the cost and the current economic environment, I don't think you can assume they can afford to visit both locations Door_Open_And they decide to travel to FL. Which one do they choose if they can only pick one? LLL Florida with 20% of the 2022s playing? The top clubs are supposedly going to LLL, but not every club that gets invited is actually a top club. I'm also assuming that most clubs are also bringing their B or even C teams, too. Or Presidents Cup with 80% of the 2022s playing?

Coaches are going to be focused on the 2023s because there will be a glut of girls in college teams due to the extra year of eligibility. 2021s have it worst, they really got screwed if they’re not already committed or are elite!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches are going to be focused on the 2023s because there will be a glut of girls in college teams due to the extra year of eligibility. 2021s have it worst, they really got screwed if they’re not already committed or are elite!

Not sure about. The 2023s are just as affected by the extra year of eligibility as the 2022s. This year's college freshmen are capable of taking positions from the 2023s just as this year's college sophomores are capable of doing the same thing to the 2022s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you look at the organizers for the LLL tournament, they will get a talented draw, especially since it’s a great cause. The other tournament would still get all of the teams that wouldn’t clear registration. It’s a win/win. Head coaches at one and assistants at the other. 90 min apart. Very strategic marketing.

From what I’ve heard they’ve reached out to most clubs to see if they would attend. They only market it as “invite only” to make it enticing and a reason to not attend President’s Cup. They saw an opportunity because of the issues that occurred at PC last year. One event will not be superior to another. Lax parents are so easily fooled by their ego.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, my kid plays well. Good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong , and yes that little [ChillLaxin] of a coach ( did not say man for a reason) has always been a weasel . Not sure who I feel worse for his wife , or him as they are both gross . His kids never had a chance to stand by their verbal commitment as they were taught from an early age that your word means nothing . He teamed up with a wife beater to become two of the worst roll models to have ever coached on LI and YJ should be embarrassed. Yes I realize this post is not nice but they earned it and I would have no problem telling them to their face . CR tolerated these two losers so her son could go to a district they did not live in and this lost would look the other way . The reason I point this out is so they don’t post any non sense back as they know the ugly truth .

So I sat back fully expecting one of the midgets trolls to come on here and defend him . What I now see is that this superintendent /daddy coach is such a hated and despised human that no one comes to his defense not even his comare . Him and his wife were terrible role models and YJ should be disgusted. Please say something back about KC so I can tell all the truth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any coaches still looking for 2021 would go to PC. For majority of schools, girls will not take the 5th year. For the top 10-20 it could be different, even as top girls try to transfer into them for their 5th year. That said, look at the G8 tournament, it draws far more coaches than its competitors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure about. The 2023s are just as affected by the extra year of eligibility as the 2022s. This year's college freshmen are capable of taking positions from the 2023s just as this year's college sophomores are capable of doing the same thing to the 2022s.

Not for Ivies. Girls won’t be taking 5th year. Either not allowed or too expensive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like sour grapes!! He treated my daughter extremely fair, if your daughter was good enough to play more, she would have. Absolutely no reason to disrespect his wife or daughters. Just shows how classless you are. Big tough guy on an anonymous post. Sign your name tough guy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like sour grapes!! He treated my daughter extremely fair, if your daughter was good enough to play more, she would have. Absolutely no reason to disrespect his wife or daughters. Just shows how classless you are. Big tough guy on an anonymous post. Sign your name tough guy!

Different poster here and I feel that this is probably someone who dislikes the guy and wants the previous poster to go after him so you are putting the bait out there . They were horrendous coaches and terrible role models and too many examples to list but let’s just say it’s not the poster who has disrespected their wives and children .Its hilarious to see the guy now , used to be an arrogant little man and now walks around with his tail between his legs .Has mistreated kids from both his town and club teams for years , feel bad for his kids .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So I sat back fully expecting one of the midgets trolls to come on here and defend him . What I now see is that this superintendent /daddy coach is such a hated and despised human that no one comes to his defense not even his comare . Him and his wife were terrible role models and YJ should be disgusted. Please say something back about KC so I can tell all the truth.

So easy to write these things on an anonymous forum, you are no better, put your name to the post. I’m sure you didn’t spend half the time he did trying to teach your daughter. I guarantee you’re one of those parents who do NOTHING then complain about the ones who do everything! You feel he was incompetent, then you should have stepped up, instead you go on an anonymous forum bashing him and his family. Good luck sir, to you and your pathetic life!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, a tough guy telling another tough guy to put his name on it, while not putting his name on it...round and round we go.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Funny, a tough guy telling another tough guy to put his name on it, while not putting his name on it...round and round we go.

Ok Einstein, the donk who said I would say it to his face is who should sign his name! I never said I was calling him out. Glad you put your 2 cents in! Another lost!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok Einstein, the donk who said I would say it to his face is who should sign his name! I never said I was calling him out. Glad you put your 2 cents in! Another lost!

Way to backpeddle scared guy...keep hiding

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for being the anonymous board police telling us all who should and should not post their name.You are either really ignorant or dislike KC as much as many on this board do as your replying in his defense just makes it worse. How do you know the poster did not tell him he is a lost to his face already , I know of a few who have done so over the years. The guy is a clown who used his position at work to gain favor with CR by doing illegal things. He used that leverage to move his kids and their friends to the top YJ teams having more deserving players move off the top team. Amazing that a school district will allow such a bad role model to be in his position .As far as the two midgets no one on this board could say anything that comes close to disrespecting their families more than they have already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too funny

“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged:
Condemn not and ye shall not be condemned,
Forgive and he shall be forgiven.”

Luke 6:37-

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Judge not, and ye shall not be judged:
Condemn not and ye shall not be condemned,
Forgive and he shall be forgiven.”

Luke 6:37-

Too funny your using religion to try and judge ,condemn ,censure the poster. Sorry but KC was the worst sort of coach there is . Promote his kids and friends when they did not deserve it , do illegal favors to keep yourself in a position of power ,etc etc. The guy knew nothing about lax but has proven time and again he cannot be trusted to due the right thing even by those closest to him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls taking the 5th year will be the ones that were already planning on being grad asst coaches as they get their degree. I'm sorry I have a problem with kids and parents that still wont grow up and will "hold back" yet again so their daughter can play a meaningless 5th year. Its lacrosse. Only us parents care. And it ends...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The girls taking the 5th year will be the ones that were already planning on being grad asst coaches as they get their degree. I'm sorry I have a problem with kids and parents that still wont grow up and will "hold back" yet again so their daughter can play a meaningless 5th year. Its lacrosse. Only us parents care. And it ends...

Whats the rush to end it? Your opinion is clueless as many are using the 5th year to help get them into programs they may not have otherwise , to further their education, and yes some just want to enjoy their last year of playing competitive sports. You clearly were never an athlete or you would not say meaningless.If a kid is in a rush to go get a job and get on with their life than good for them but seems to me in this economy getting a grad degree and making yourself more marketable is not a bad idea especially when its being paid for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am not going to begin to say I know whats right or wrong and whether a 5th year of lax makes sense in the totality of circumstances but at this point in the athletes career I cant imagine its about the parents at all. These girls are 22-23 years old. The only thing I will add bc I am seeing it all over with friends kids (mine are younger so not experiencing it yet), is that summer internships are being cancelled (college and grad school), job offers being revoked or in limbo; companies don't even know if they will come back, etc . . so if an individual has an opportunity to "delay" or "hold back" and financially it makes sense for the then cei la vie. To me this is the same as the holdback argument which has now filtered down to the "boys 2027 grad forum." No one knows what is best for another nor does anyone know the totality of anyone's circumstance. And no I am not the parent of a holdback.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the crazies that have been yelling go to goal since their kid was 5, will be the same parents encouraging a 5th year of play

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

These are young adults making adult decisions. I am sure the parents have little say in "making" them play another year. Get your head out of your A$$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the crazies that have been yelling go to goal since their kid was 5, will be the same parents encouraging a 5th year of play

And the ones not taking a 5th year have dads who just want their daughter out of the house because they have always been embarrassed by their daughter sitting on the sideline watching the returning 5th years put the ball in the back of the net .

Like Reply Quote
Page 148 of 214 1 2 146 147 148 149 150 213 214
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard