BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28
Re: Should Travel Clubs Issue Partial Refunds if Lax is Cancelled?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what about extending the season? we waste good playing months like august and september with no tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what about extending the season? we waste good playing months like august and september with no tournaments.

Recruiting dead period. The kids hurt most are 2021s. Coaches have already said they’re holding off recruiting them because of the overflow of kids sticking around

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of the boys are playing football and soccer in August and September so that doesn't work.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of the boys are playing football and soccer in August and September so that doesn't work.

Your little Johnny who fake flops on the soccer field can't play lax in the Fall? Woosie

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spoken like a true stunad - lax on lost.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are they giving money back now...Summer season is on at this time? Maybe sometime in June they might after tournaments cancelled

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why are they giving money back now...Summer season is on at this time? Maybe sometime in June they might after tournaments cancelled

Come on every pro sport is done . Maybe NFL delayed. US open tennis in September hearing might be cancelled and you really think youth Lacrosse at a rented field that is usually at a school is a go ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok 91 and express the largest population of youth lax right ? In multiple states some age groups have 3 teams . Thats alot of kids boys and girls team . I would say alot of parents are on this site right ? Ok has 91 and express reached out to the customer about whats going on and the future , maybe money back ETC ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL this is funny. Outfits that make you pay for a letter of recommendation, imply that privates are essential, make crazy profits on swag, tell you to bring your own ball to tryout and to pay for that tryout. The same outfits that double dip by running clubs AND tournament circuits. These are the ethical people we think are going to fully refund fees? Yeah ok

BYOB????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your little Johnny who fake flops on the soccer field can't play lax in the Fall? Woosie

wow, no need to be like that. Save that nonsense talk for your friends tough man

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Come on every pro sport is done . Maybe NFL delayed. US open tennis in September hearing might be cancelled and you really think youth Lacrosse at a rented field that is usually at a school is a go ?

Excellent point. Well said

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL this is funny. Outfits that make you pay for a letter of recommendation, imply that privates are essential, make crazy profits on swag, tell you to bring your own ball to tryout and to pay for that tryout. The same outfits that double dip by running clubs AND tournament circuits. These are the ethical people we think are going to fully refund fees? Yeah ok

BYOB????

Sadly yes, one of the largest clubs on Long Island requires you to bring a ball to a paid tryout and the coaches are on their own pretty much throughout the season with respect to balls etc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BYOB????

Sadly yes, one of the largest clubs on Long Island requires you to bring a ball to a paid tryout and the coaches are on their own pretty much throughout the season with respect to balls etc.

which club makes you bring your own ball to tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BYOB????

which club makes you bring your own ball to tryouts?

Yellow Jackets, what a joke!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BYOB????

That is hilarious ! BYOB !! I heard they had a portable rental trailer there with everything . Goals ( good rate) , cones ( little overpriced), paint to line field ( supposebly at cost)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm sure they'll just put together some crappy local tournaments so they don't have to refund the $.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok 91 and express the largest population of youth lax right ? In multiple states some age groups have 3 teams . Thats alot of kids boys and girls team . I would say alot of parents are on this site right ? Ok has 91 and express reached out to the customer about whats going on and the future , maybe money back ETC ?

Ok ill respond to my own post . You parents dont respond to this why ?? If i said something about your team or coach see how fast you would come back with a comment. Your all fake , you never want to shuffle the feathers with in the organization you pay for .Your all fake bottom line . Pay 4k next yr u suckers !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most clubs are in a holding pattern to see exactly what happens. When a final decision has actually been made, and spring/summer is definitely cancelled, i’m sure there will be more dialogue as to refunds / credits / etc. Most reasonable people believe that this spring/summer season is not happening, but there is no final decision / declaration, so why would anyone get crazy at this exact moment about refunding money etc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok ill respond to my own post . You parents dont respond to this why ?? If i said something about your team or coach see how fast you would come back with a comment. Your all fake , you never want to shuffle the feathers with in the organization you pay for .Your all fake bottom line . Pay 4k next yr u suckers !

put the wine down!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our club reached out and stated that should cancellations happen an appropriate refund would be given. They feel that by May, there would be a more clear picture of what would be happening in summer. We are not an East Coast club so travel and re-scheduled tournaments can be a very expensive option for us and every other team not on the East Coast. Not sure what this summer will look like, but I hope to at least have my children playing by July if it’s safe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

put the wine down!

Go as B.S or M.C for a refund !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North did same. Pushed back payments 5/8 but left door open for summer but admitted they and all other clubs don't know what to do. Nothing liek this has happened in 100 years.

Well the Turtles took the last payment, cancelled practices, but held paid for clinics at the Turtle Dome.

Did they ? Heard 91 giving partial tuition back .

The owner of the Turtles is bad news. Believe me, business wise, if he felt you were screwing him over, he would not hesitate serving you with legal papers.

??? Really ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big excuse will be all spring tournments are paid for already . Does the clubs pay all tournaments up front ? I been to good tournaments paid the day of .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's club owner/director sends out an email saying "Turtles organization" monitoring the COVDI-19 situation, like they are doing us a favor. I have more than one child playing with them, and when I call, I receive the typical "we have to wait and see answer." Money is tight right now, and what makes them (Turtles) so special compared to the rest of us? I will never buy anything from their store(s) again. Last months AMEX bill was paid, but I will call to take back the charge from March 1st, But first, when I call AMEX, I'll explain; we have to wait and see before you get paid. Wonder what their response will be?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC] #301093 1 hour ago
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen man, I want money back also. There must be 300 kids on club team. 4 grand a kid. Do teams have 1.2 million in an account? Half refund would be 600 grand. Do they have that laying around? I have no idea. I don’t own a lacrosse club. I made 180 grand last year. After taxes 130 grand. I couldn’t write a check for 10 grand right now. I live on my pay checks. My family lives on these checks. My point is at the end of the year I didn’t have 130 grand sitting in a bank account. Do these clubs have money to do this? It’s not Disney, It’s not McDonald’s, these club teams aren’t Fortune 500 companies. My friend just got in a fight with airline because he wanted money back, instead he got a credit voucher for next year. He wanted money to pay bills, not 2021 airline tickets. It’s crazy what’s going on right now. I know nothing about owning a club lacrosse team. I would be shocked if they had a million dollars sitting in a bank account. I hope I’m wrong. I’d love a nice check back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's club owner/director sends out an email saying "Turtles organization" monitoring the COVDI-19 situation, like they are doing us a favor. I have more than one child playing with them, and when I call, I receive the typical "we have to wait and see answer." Money is tight right now, and what makes them (Turtles) so special compared to the rest of us? I will never buy anything from their store(s) again. Last months AMEX bill was paid, but I will call to take back the charge from March 1st, But first, when I call AMEX, I'll explain; we have to wait and see before you get paid. Wonder what their response will be?

Seen or read something in the past the owner of the turtles knows the people that run BOTC and he will find out who you are posting. Lol shame on BOTC if they do that . Man alot of heat on this turtles club didnt they just start up ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BOTC] #301093 1 hour ago
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Listen man, I want money back also. There must be 300 kids on club team. 4 grand a kid. Do teams have 1.2 million in an account? Half refund would be 600 grand. Do they have that laying around? I have no idea. I don’t own a lacrosse club. I made 180 grand last year. After taxes 130 grand. I couldn’t write a check for 10 grand right now. I live on my pay checks. My family lives on these checks. My point is at the end of the year I didn’t have 130 grand sitting in a bank account. Do these clubs have money to do this? It’s not Disney, It’s not McDonald’s, these club teams aren’t Fortune 500 companies. My friend just got in a fight with airline because he wanted money back, instead he got a credit voucher for next year. He wanted money to pay bills, not 2021 airline tickets. It’s crazy what’s going on right now. I know nothing about owning a club lacrosse team. I would be shocked if they had a million dollars sitting in a bank account. I hope I’m wrong. I’d love a nice check back.

Hey Man. I don't think anyone is expecting to receive a FULL refund. But taking the last payment on March 1st? I don't know the expense of running a lax club. Anyone can research the amount paid for each tournament along with low quality coach staff and many of these clubs are making a small fortune for the service they provide. It's simple math; March 1st payment was due, on average $500, 23 kids x 7 teams. so tell me, you can't refund a portion of the last payment? On top of that, the owners kid was running paid for clinics at the Turtle dome after hopkins canceled their season. It's bad business!

https://turtleslax.com/collections/deposits

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big excuse will be all spring tournments are paid for already . Does the clubs pay all tournaments up front ? I been to good tournaments paid the day of .

A number of tournaments require at least 1/2 down early in the year. Just the way it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seen or read something in the past the owner of the turtles knows the people that run BOTC and he will find out who you are posting. Lol shame on BOTC if they do that . Man alot of heat on this turtles club didnt they just start up ?

Are you referring to this;
Website forums and Back of the cage. I have not been on these sites since November of 2011 and I've never slept better. We expect that no Turtles parents engage in any commentary on any online forums. It is toxic waste of the most epic proportion and the idea that people think it's appropriate to write terrible things about young boys is pathetic. Please do not be one of these people who need to get a life. No teams or players are getting scholarships at this age and these forums that allow anonymous commenting are terrible for the sport. DON'T DO IT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you don't know how to manage your money knucklehead,haha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like you don't know how to manage your money knucklehead,haha

I do very well managing my money, but when I pay for a service and don't receive those services, there's a problem. Seems like some club owners, especially the ones short in stature, can't manage their money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously if you are so unhappy with your club coach or director. Call him or email him directly. That’s what I would do. Not on an anonymous site.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When you say all this bashing, you just don’t know if all this is a lot of people or just 1 person.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously if you are so unhappy with your club coach or director. Call him or email him directly. That’s what I would do. Not on an anonymous site.

Whats happens if you already did ? Then they can tell you its ok , then its the same old same ? Customers have the right to say what they want to say .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Whats happens if you already did ? Then they can tell you its ok , then its the same old same ? Customers have the right to say what they want to say .

Then they take it out on your kid. You get pissed off at the coach, then the coach runs to the director and says you threatened him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Customers have a right to say what they want to say. I just don’t think these personal gripes you have, will get resolved on this board. You sound really mad at your coach. I can tell you this, no club team is perfect. Some sort of problems on every team. If your phone conversation or email doesn’t resolve your problem, have your son tryout elsewhere next season. Good luck to you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that spring club practices should have began, we all should be getting refunds for a service we paid for but are not receiving

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that spring club practices should have began, we all should be getting refunds for a service we paid for but are not receiving

How about the last 5 weeks ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How about the last 5 weeks ?

So whats a good start $20-$25 per practice at its minimum ??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
detest to be the bearer of bad news, but most clubs probably don't have the money to issue refunds. They have likely already paid out a good percentage of their money for tournament/league fees, field rentals and insurance. Maybe when things settle out there will be some refunds flowing back through the clubs to parents, but that will not happen for awhile.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 28 1 2 3 4 27 28
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard