BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Re: Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What are your thoughts about the D1 process. Think they are done? A bunch of camps left. moneymakers? or real deal?

At this point most of the D1 Money is gone in respect to getting new offers from this point on. Scholarship offers have either been accepted, or are still awaiting answers. Only spots left now are just that, spots, with no money on teams. That being said, some very good teams still have open spots, and if your daughter is interested in a school a winter clinic is not a bad idea. (I would have your daughter email/contact the coach to ask if they are done with their 2021 recruits or are they still recruiting the class prior to registering, most coaches will be honest about this).

Honest?!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By my estimate (based on a ton of research) approx. 500 girls from the 2021 class have verbally committed. I would put schools in three (maybe obvious) tiers
Tier 1 - mostly / totally done, perhaps room for one more (ACC, BIG 10, most Ivies, top of Pac12 and Big East, and most other top 30 schools)
Tier 2 - next group of schools that have gotten after recruiting - maybe another 20 - 30 schools that have 3 - 5 recruits
Tier 3 - just starting, 0-2 recruits, approx 50 - 60 D1 schools
so depending on what your are shooting for, its currently anywhere from a tight squeeze to lots of room available ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would your tiers be mostly based on rankings? Wondering what distinguishes two from three.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By my estimate (based on a ton of research) approx. 500 girls from the 2021 class have verbally committed. I would put schools in three (maybe obvious) tiers
Tier 1 - mostly / totally done, perhaps room for one more (ACC, BIG 10, most Ivies, top of Pac12 and Big East, and most other top 30 schools)
Tier 2 - next group of schools that have gotten after recruiting - maybe another 20 - 30 schools that have 3 - 5 recruits
so depending on what your are shooting for, its currently anywhere from a tight squeeze to lots of room available ...

You did a ton of research? There are 117 D1 programs. Tier 3 is half the programs, Tier 2 brings you to 90 schools. So based on your research most programs are just starting recruitment????

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You did a ton of research? There are 117 D1 programs. Tier 3 is half the programs, Tier 2 brings you to 90 schools. So based on your research most programs are just starting recruitment????

I would say the Top Tier or Tier 1 programs are the teams / programs that finish the year in the Top 20 every year. Tier 2 or second tier programs are the programs that are competitive and finish in the Top 20 from time to time. Tier 3 programs are developing programs.

Hopefully as the sport continues to grow we will see more programs become stronger. As of now, the strongest 10 - 20 programs tend to bring is the best talent. West coast schools along with Colorado and Denver are becoming more and more competitive and Arizona State will continue to improve. Until there is more talent available the second and third tier east coast schools will continue to struggle. The best players will be given opportunities at the best programs as well as at the "sexy, cool, different" schools (Colorado, USC, Stanford, ASU etc...). Michigan will also become a major player.

Tier 1 teams 2020.... IMHO

Maryland
North Carolina
Boston College
Northwestern
Syracuse
Virginia
Princeton
Notre Dame
Florida
Penn
Penn State
Duke
Stony Brook
Loyola
Hopkins
Georgetown
JMU
Stanford
USC
Denver

Who else?? Michigan? Dartmouth? Virginia Tech? Colorado? Hofstra? Towson? Navy?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It might be a better representation of your research to list each of the schools with the current number of verbals at each.. i would assume most years the list is about 8-10 kids, so schools with less are still looking..
thanks in advance for your help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It might be a better representation of your research to list each of the schools with the current number of verbals at each.. i would assume most years the list is about 8-10 kids, so schools with less are still looking..

That's not true this year as for several reasons many schools are taking small classes this year. BC, UNC, PSU for instance are all done with very small classes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's not true this year as for several reasons many schools are taking small classes this year. BC, UNC, PSU for instance are all done with very small classes.

BC is taking 11-12 kids one of the biggest numbers other than 2019, in 2018 they took 6 and it was the IL number 1 recruiting class, now thats a small class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC is taking 11-12 kids one of the biggest numbers other than 2019, in 2018 they took 6 and it was the IL number 1 recruiting class, now thats a small class

Schools do not always put a "hard" number on their recruiting class. Every situation is different and coaches make decisions based on the player. If a school is telling a player, parent or club director or HS coach they are done it is because they have no interest in the player. If the right player comes along the coach will take the player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BC is not taking 11-12 kids

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once you get outside the top 20 the talent falls off a cliff so many of those mid tier schools are hoping that a quality girls has fallen through the cracks and they can steal one

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of these teams is not like the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you are the BC Coach how do you know how many 2021 recruits BC will have? They brought in "11" in 2019, "7" in 2018, "7" in 2017, "6" in 2016 only time will tel how many they bring in in 2021.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once you get outside the top 20 the talent falls off a cliff so many of those mid tier schools are hoping that a quality girls has fallen through the cracks and they can steal one

Not entirely true. While it is true that there are somewhere between 15 and 20 Teams that always seem to be in the top 20 there are many good players at the non traditional top 20 programs. The biggest difference is that in "most cases" the non traditional top 20 teams do not get the studs. The top 3 or 4 recruits at Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern etc... are what sets those teams apart from the rest of the programs. The starters at places like Ohio State, Michigan, Umass, Brown etc... could certainly be on the roster a Maryland or Virginia they just might not be the starter. The top 10 - 15 players at programs that are usually in the top 30 - 50 range could play anywhere (not start anywhere but they could certainly be on the roster).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not entirely true. While it is true that there are somewhere between 15 and 20 Teams that always seem to be in the top 20 there are many good players at the non traditional top 20 programs. The biggest difference is that in "most cases" the non traditional top 20 teams do not get the studs. The top 3 or 4 recruits at Maryland, North Carolina, Northwestern etc... are what sets those teams apart from the rest of the programs. The starters at places like Ohio State, Michigan, Umass, Brown etc... could certainly be on the roster a Maryland or Virginia they just might not be the starter. The top 10 - 15 players at programs that are usually in the top 30 - 50 range could play anywhere (not start anywhere but they could certainly be on the roster).

Those teams outside the top 20 aren't complete teams....Its like watching summer travel all over again. " Get the ball to sally and get out of the way" The supporting cast is lacking and the bottom of those teams rosters are just walk on fillers. For those new to this go watch local D1 teams ranked in the 100's - U mass Lowell, Iona, Central Ct, Hartford you will come away with a smile on your face saying OMG, my very average kid can absolutely play D1!!! There is place for them all because there just isn't enough girls

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless you are the BC Coach how do you know how many 2021 recruits BC will have? They brought in "11" in 2019, "7" in 2018, "7" in 2017, "6" in 2016 only time will tel how many they bring in in 2021.

Because my daughter is committed there and they have said what size class they are taking and they are done unless someone pops up. They brought in a bunch of transfers this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because my daughter is committed there and they have said what size class they are taking and they are done unless someone pops up. They brought in a bunch of transfers this year.

Yeah, "unless someone pops up" exactly the point, they are not done. If the right player comes along they will take them. As for the transfers, they did not bring in a bunch, they brought in 3 and they really have nothing to do with the 2021 class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC has at least 10 in the 2020 class. That is 21 between the 2019 and 2020 class and then you have 3 transfers (2 very high profile) that came in with the 2019 class. Would be shocked if BC adds any more than 1 more 2021 player. The 2021 class is small but very talented.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for letting us know you kid is going there St. A camera guy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Thanks for letting us know you kid is going there St. A camera guy[/
Why be nasty? You think he is the only bc commit parent on this page? Be nice ! It won’t kill you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only dude on here honest enough to answer. What about you fella?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are three BC commits named in the 2021 class. Don’t know if there will be more but that’s more than one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC has 3 2021 commits named so far.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC has 4 commits and don't forget about the money. With the transfers they need to find money somewhere so that affects this class. Two years from now they will probably have a larger class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC has 4 commits and don't forget about the money. With the transfers they need to find money somewhere so that affects this class. Two years from now they will probably have a larger class.

Not all transfers get cash. Many HS studs get to college and get buried on the bench. The vast majority of transfers are to weaker teams but obviously anyone transferring to BC are trading up to a very hot program over the last 5 years

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

stop looking at reported; as the person whose daughter is committed there says, they have 11. while my daughter is not a BC commit I can confirm that as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong guy. Someone asked how I could know they were taking a small class. When I first posted that they were I didn't mention that my daughter is committed there. You must be a real joy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not all transfers get cash. Many HS studs get to college and get buried on the bench. The vast majority of transfers are to weaker teams but obviously anyone transferring to BC are trading up to a very hot program over the last 5 years

More fake news.... Your statement "Many HS studs get to college and get buried on the bench". In fact, the large majority of "HS Studs" go to the perennial Top 15 - 20 programs and they do in fact do very well. I guess it may depend on what your definition of a "HS Stud" is. IMHO the "HS Studs are the players that are considered the top recruits by the Top College Programs (North Carolina, Maryland, Northwestern, BC, Syracuse etc... really, any top 10 - 20 program) are selected to play in the Under Armor Senior Game and are Ranked in the Top 40 by Inside Lacrosse. There are a number players who do not get recognized who are also "Studs" but not that many. The majority of "HS Studs" go on to do very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The BC transfers are high profile and will absolutely get a large share of the scholarships. No doubt they are trying to lighten up the $ on in coming recruits in order to attract the talent to fill in three huge sets of shoes now gone. Seems like a very smart way to do it, look at the way professional teams (choose a sport) go after free agents. Recruiting, especially the way it had gotten out of hand with the early recruiting stuff, was a hit or miss prospect. Brining in a ringer like CN, they know exactly what they are getting. Love BC and the run they went on, but it was only a 3 year run. SA got injured Freshman year and wasn't quite the impact player then and the team was 10-9, not exactly hot. Will be a hard hit with all the big contributors leaving the same year, don't think they will be a favorite to make the finals this year, but should remain relevant.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The BC transfers are high profile and will absolutely get a large share of the scholarships. No doubt they are trying to lighten up the $ on in coming recruits in order to attract the talent to fill in three huge sets of shoes now gone. Seems like a very smart way to do it, look at the way professional teams (choose a sport) go after free agents. Recruiting, especially the way it had gotten out of hand with the early recruiting stuff, was a hit or miss prospect. Brining in a ringer like CN, they know exactly what they are getting. Love BC and the run they went on, but it was only a 3 year run. SA got injured Freshman year and wasn't quite the impact player then and the team was 10-9, not exactly hot. Will be a hard hit with all the big contributors leaving the same year, don't think they will be a favorite to make the finals this year, but should remain relevant.

The vast majority of the “cash” is academic, the lacrosse money pales in comparison. Doubt BC is doing much different than anywhere else

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The vast majority of the “cash” is academic, the lacrosse money pales in comparison. Doubt BC is doing much different than anywhere else

No, the "cash" at BC is not academic. BC, like many of the most competitive universities offer very little "merit" based aid. Boston College does however meet 100% of the students demonstrated "Need" with need based financial aid. Boston College offers the following:

- "The Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program is an undergraduate academic, merit program that annually awards full-tuition scholarships and fully-funded, GPSP-sponsored summer programs to 15 incoming freshman students. Early Decision and Regular Decision applicants who submit their BC applications by the November 1 priority scholarship deadline will be considered. There is no separate application for this scholarship."

The Ivy's, Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Hopkins etc... offer little or no merit / academic money. They do offer excellent need based aid.

If you are looking for academic $$ you will have to look at less competitive schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, the "cash" at BC is not academic. BC, like many of the most competitive universities offer very little "merit" based aid. Boston College does however meet 100% of the students demonstrated "Need" with need based financial aid. Boston College offers the following:

- "The Gabelli Presidential Scholars Program is an undergraduate academic, merit program that annually awards full-tuition scholarships and fully-funded, GPSP-sponsored summer programs to 15 incoming freshman students. Early Decision and Regular Decision applicants who submit their BC applications by the November 1 priority scholarship deadline will be considered. There is no separate application for this scholarship."

The Ivy's, Stanford, Duke, Northwestern, Notre Dame, Georgetown, Hopkins etc... offer little or no merit / academic money. They do offer excellent need based aid.

If you are looking for academic $$ you will have to look at less competitive schools.

Not entirely true. The academic money and grades/scores my non-athlete kids got is not the same as what's quoted for my lacrosse player. The standards are lower for the athletes to get the same academic money, at at least some schools.

On another note, if your kid is looking for a full ride, and ain't getting one at their dream school, consider ROTC scholarships. Any kid with good grades and serious athletic ability would be an attractive candidate. And before you say the coaches won't allow that because of the time commitment....Many of the schools you mention have varsity athletes in ROTC. Coaches like the same qualities that make kids good ROTC candidates. Depends on the specific coach, I guess, but worth considering if ROTC might appeal to your kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% that the BC transfers are getting it all and deserve it and the new commits are getting less. MOst transfers trade down to weaker programs just to get on the field after riding the bench at larger programs. The kids going to BC are going to be big time contributors

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this recruiting season over for ‘21’s? It’s been a sad holiday in our house and just wanted to hear opinions on what’s realistically left.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is this recruiting season over for ‘21’s? It’s been a sad holiday in our house and just wanted to hear opinions on what’s realistically left.

No, it is not over. Although coaches will be focused on their season "you" and "your" daughter can reevaluate the situation and set some goals and develop a plan. Remember, many of the players who have committed will end up changing their minds either before they enroll in college or after a year or two they will transfer. That goes for all students, not just athletes.

Settle back, take a deep breath and really try to work with your daughter to find out what is important to her and what type of school she would like to attend. Consider all factors, the type of institution, the setting, the part of the country etc...

Assess her academic qualifications.

Assess her athletic and lacrosse ability.

Look for schools that your daughter thinks would be a good fit and find a way (email, call, have club coach reach out, HS coach reach out etc...) to make the coach aware of your daughter and her desire to attend the school and be a part of the lacrosse program.

Work with your daughter to identify the type of school she would like to be at, that is more important than lacrosse. One of mine (current freshmen) is not happy at current school and will look to transfer. We tried to stick it out... everything was good in the classroom and on the field, but "the school" is just not the right fit.

There is DI, DII, DIII, and there are many competitive Club Programs but in the end the most important thing is to find a school that your daughter will be happy at beyond lacrosse.

This is an opportunity to teach your daughter that it is not the situation that you find yourself in that matters it is how you respond to that situation that matters. The recruiting process can be harsh but it can only keep your daughter down if she (and you) lets it keep her down.

Don't mean to sound like "Tony Robbins" but we have been through this a few times. With one of mine there were no offers from the top choices and it was a very difficult time. Just know it all worked out. Another had what we felt was a great opportunity and it turned out to be the wrong school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, it is not over. Although coaches will be focused on their season "you" and "your" daughter can reevaluate the situation and set some goals and develop a plan. Remember, many of the players who have committed will end up changing their minds either before they enroll in college or after a year or two they will transfer. That goes for all students, not just athletes.

Settle back, take a deep breath and really try to work with your daughter to find out what is important to her and what type of school she would like to attend. Consider all factors, the type of institution, the setting, the part of the country etc...

Look for schools that your daughter thinks would be a good fit and find a way (email, call, have club coach reach out, HS coach reach out etc...) to make the coach aware of your daughter and her desire to attend the school and be a part of the lacrosse program.

Work with your daughter to identify the type of school she would like to be at, that is more important than lacrosse. One of mine (current freshmen) is not happy at current school and will look to transfer. We tried to stick it out... everything was good in the classroom and on the field, but "the school" is just not the right fit.

There is DI, DII, DIII, and there are many competitive Club Programs but in the end the most important thing is to find a school that your daughter will be happy at beyond lacrosse.

This is an opportunity to teach your daughter that it is not the situation that you find yourself in that matters it is how you respond to that situation that matters. The recruiting process can be harsh but it can only keep your daughter down if she (and you) lets it keep her down.

Don't mean to sound like "Tony Robbins" but we have been through this a few times. With one of mine there were no offers from the top choices and it was a very difficult time. Just know it all worked out. Another had what we felt was a great opportunity and it turned out to be the wrong school.

Of course recruiting isn't over for 2021s. There are still plenty of spots still out there. However, unless you are a late bloomer and will be seen this summer the top schools are pretty much done. They will always make room for talent but they are not actively recruiting 21s anymore. There will be some flips which could open spots up down the road, but until that starts happening there are still plenty of spots available outside the top 20 and D2 and D3 options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course recruiting isn't over for 2021s. There are still plenty of spots still out there. However, unless you are a late bloomer and will be seen this summer the top schools are pretty much done. They will always make room for talent but they are not actively recruiting 21s anymore. There will be some flips which could open spots up down the road, but until that starts happening there are still plenty of spots available outside the top 20 and D2 and D3 options.

Shucks, I saw that Arizona State signed a 2020 this past September. Everybody just needs to slow their roll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So did Notre Dame

Shucks, I saw that Arizona State signed a 2020 this past September. Everybody just needs to slow their roll.

So did Notre Dame

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That was because ASU de-committed most of the 2020 class when they changed coaches opening up spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like the posts on this thread, recruiting really came to a halt over the last few weeks. I believe there are a little over 600 Division 1 commits at this point. Would expect well over 1000 before all is said and done. The top 30 schools and a few others are mostly done, but many mid-tier and almost all lower tier (from a lacrosse ranking) are still going. Still some great academic options, as well as some of the lower lacrosse ranked schools in major conferences (see ASU post above). Good luck to all with the process.

Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard