BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted!! PWant FILLED REGISTRATIONS, REAL SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWERS for you? Contact us! | Be Part of Our Intriguing Newsletter List and Our Elite Community: Influence & Network with U.S. based Laxers!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42
Re: Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about it, a guy running a program in Long Island, lives in Colorado. Anyone who signs up for this, thinking that the main guy will be there regularly, will probably be disappointed. All the advertisements, emails, promises sound great, then your payment is made, then well you know how it goes after check is written. Complete mess.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IBL was a ripoff. The regular instructors played lacrosse but none the of them ipayed Box Lacrosse. They did have tournaments ala carte but the teams were pre picked and many of the boys on the tournament teams were not involved in the training sessions where they were supposedly evaluating the field players for the teams.
[/quote]

Yup been that way since the program started in 2018. CoachL you wont see. He lives in CO. His focus is his 6 star lacrosse club program there. He is just using his name. Its ridiculoys that he is listed as coach on the website.[/quote]

You are correct. The organization is driven behind the scenes by JC and his scrupulous cronies. The box player they are pitching is a scam, and no they don't teach real box. Run as far away as you can.[/quote]

Yes, Very shady and non-transparent. They do not know how to play Box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop box talk, stop winter skills clinics nonsense. Buy a rebounder, a training lace, a net and a bucket of balls. Have your son or daughter do a 100 reps with each hand on the rebounder and 50 shots with each hand. That’s probably going to yield better results than most clinics or box training thing out there in my opinion. Not anti clinic or will I say money grab. Just being honest that I think this so much better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Stop box talk, stop winter skills clinics nonsense. Buy a rebounder, a training lace, a net and a bucket of balls. Have your son or daughter do a 100 reps with each hand on the rebounder and 50 shots with each hand. That’s probably going to yield better results than most clinics or box training thing out there in my opinion. Not anti clinic or will I say money grab. Just being honest that I think this so much better.

Box lacrosse is more fun for kids than field lacrosse. It's better to watch too. If my kids had to choose only to play one, it would be box.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coach Tierney is that you?

PS nobody cares about your recommendation. I will bet the house that you dont practice what you preach. My bet is your son cant handle box, too physical

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of course using a rebounder and net or actually just reps against a wall should be done by kids who are serious about getting better at lacrosse. That should be part of the kids regular training routine. However, that doesnt discount the value of clinics or box. Im not so into these pop up clinics. But there are places like athlete zone etc where you can purchase packages and work in clinics on specific skills. And get the reps in with someone experienced in lacrosse in order to correct errors and improve your skills. Box besides being fun, my kid really enjoys it, is more than just speed. Its being able to make quick decisions and move that ball fast in a real game scenario. You dont get that from a wall, net or rebounder. And you wont get the intensity and time limits in a real game of field lacrosse that you get from box.
Its not that what you suggest is not necessary for any lacrosse player. But it doesnt replace what kids learn at clinics and box either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You've obviously never played/seen box lacrosse or box lacrosse training sessions. They are exponentially more effective than a a rebounder and shooting solo. Kids get more touches in an hour long box session than they would practicing in the backyard. Furthermore, they will get an intense cardio workout, will learn how to make quick passes in tight spaces and shoot at a drastically smaller target. Couple those points with the fact that most college programs are having their players practice box lacrosse and you have a recipe for increased skill, ability and fun. It's no coincidence that the clubs that are most successful see the benefits of box lacrosse and have their teams practicing it weekly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You've obviously never played/seen box lacrosse or box lacrosse training sessions. They are exponentially more effective than a a rebounder and shooting solo. Kids get more touches in an hour long box session than they would practicing in the backyard. Furthermore, they will get an intense cardio workout, will learn how to make quick passes in tight spaces and shoot at a drastically smaller target. Couple those points with the fact that most college programs are having their players practice box lacrosse and you have a recipe for increased skill, ability and fun. It's no coincidence that the clubs that are most successful see the benefits of box lacrosse and have their teams practicing it weekly.

Yeah but that duffus has a secret weapon. A training lace for his son. What's a training lace again? Im asking for a friend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah but that duffus has a secret weapon. A training lace for his son. What's a training lace again? Im asking for a friend.

I dont agree with original poster when he discounts the value of clinics and box.
But dude you sound like an ignorant fool.
Google training lace lacrosse. You will see what it is and plenty of videos shoeing how it can be used for training and wall ball.
Really you should not post when you dont know what you are talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it’s an adult toy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with everything you say about box lacrosse, except how its better than a rebounder or wall ball etc...
Its not better just different. If you want to excel at box you are using rebounder and wall regularly as well.
But then again, there are kids that you may find it impossible to get to train doing repetitive reps. Yet they love box. And it defenitely helps all kids with their stick skills. Although ultimately the more you train using a variety of methods including reps and box and clinics, the better he will get.
No matter what I agree box is a great way for kids to improve their lacrosse skills. And its fun. You cant beat that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, I am glad such great responses. Thanks all for sharing your thoughts. Now we know how to get opinions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’d ever been to a box practice, you’d know wall ball off the boards is a standard part of the warmup. So is wall ball on the move, and you can’t do that on a rebounder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’d ever been to a box practice, you’d know wall ball off the boards is a standard part of the warmup. So is wall ball on the move, and you can’t do that on a rebounder.

But if your son can’t catch and throw don’t sign up for box. Hit the rebounder.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just take a loook once in a while at the younger grades to see if the parents are as crazy as I once was about this sport, and do yourself a favor and stop, stop, stop! My son is a 2022 kid, once of the most talented years for lax kids on the island! Would play Goalie for half the game then run off the field change his equipment and play middle or attack the second half. Colleges wanted him to commit at this grade and thank god we said no because he's played so much indoor lax, so much box, so much everything lacrosse that now he's done with it! The last few years a large amount of kids in colleg are either dropping down to D3 or quitting lax all together! Do your kid a favor and give him a break! Let him take a couple of months off in the winter!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I just take a loook once in a while at the younger grades to see if the parents are as crazy as I once was about this sport, and do yourself a favor and stop, stop, stop! My son is a 2022 kid, once of the most talented years for lax kids on the island! Would play Goalie for half the game then run off the field change his equipment and play middle or attack the second half. Colleges wanted him to commit at this grade and thank god we said no because he's played so much indoor lax, so much box, so much everything lacrosse that now he's done with it! The last few years a large amount of kids in colleg are either dropping down to D3 or quitting lax all together! Do your kid a favor and give him a break! Let him take a couple of months off in the winter!

Exactly, stop trying to fill up weekends. Go play basketball or something to stay active. If your team has a weekly team practice, great. Work on the stick during the week and all good. Slow down with the clinics and everything else for shooting or stick skills. If your kid wants clinics set it up with kids on the same ability level so the drills can really flow and maximize the value. Doing clinics with disparate ability lessens the value.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every now and then an insightful post. A nugget in otherwise vapid forums. ty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In other news, the Mighty 91 AAAA host to the NH Tomahawks this weekend. Can that team be any more inconsistent? Box or field, I don’t care. It seems like they’re a heck of a lot closer to Rebels and Rupoop than Express at this point.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In other news, the Mighty 91 AAAA host to the NH Tomahawks this weekend. Can that team be any more inconsistent? Box or field, I don’t care. It seems like they’re a heck of a lot closer to Rebels and Rupoop than Express at this point.

Were you there? Or just lustfully following them on Tourney Machine?

It seems like that you could use that time more productively. I’d say you should use it playing with your kid, but don’t mess him up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a 91 parent but were you there???
1. This was a 2024/2025 division. So this could easily have been one of 91s 2024 teams. Usually if its 2025 Okeefe is used in the name. Since he is their coach for box.
2. Or it could be 2024 nh tomahawks playing 2025 91 team. So you cant be sure of the scenario.
3. This was box not field. Okeefe is probably one of the best box coaches on LI. But Long Island still lags behind other areas as far as box. So you cant compare 91 being beat in box to field. Express doesnt even play box. And when some of the kids have on Express, they have been beat also. There are different rules and its another skill set.
4. It looks like that was the 4th game for 91 while nh tomahawks that was 3rd and final game. That makes a difference, especially in box because of how fast it moves. Kids get exhausted fast.

Not a 91 parent, and not a fan of them. But if you have a criticism it shoukd be a valid one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. This was a 2024/2025 division. So this could easily have been one of 91s 2024 teams. Usually if its 2025 Okeefe is used in the name. Since he is their coach for box.
2. Or it could be 2024 nh tomahawks playing 2025 91 team. So you cant be sure of the scenario.
3. This was box not field. Okeefe is probably one of the best box coaches on LI. But Long Island still lags behind other areas as far as box. So you cant compare 91 being beat in box to field. Express doesnt even play box. And when some of the kids have on Express, they have been beat also. There are different rules and its another skill set.
4. It looks like that was the 4th game for 91 while nh tomahawks that was 3rd and final game. That makes a difference, especially in box because of how fast it moves. Kids get exhausted fast.

Not a 91 parent, and not a fan of them. But if you have a criticism it shoukd be a valid one.

Not a 91 parent either. Why are there constant posts about teams loses. I don’t mind commenting on a loss, and have. But some of the time is like some enjoy a team losing that they have nothing to do with. I don’t understand that. Even if you don’t like an organization, or your son was cut, just chill. 91 at this age is a very good team, they proved that in Delaware. Will they lose games in 2020, yes. But they’ll win a lot more in 2020.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This board has lost its luster....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boy, that's a lot of excuses for someone who's not a 91 parent. Are you saying that NH is a box lacrosse mecca? I hnestly have no idea what tournament you're talking about, but clearly you are too close to it to not be a parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Boy, that's a lot of excuses for someone who's not a 91 parent. Are you saying that NH is a box lacrosse mecca? I hnestly have no idea what tournament you're talking about, but clearly you are too close to it to not be a parent

91 2025 kids playing in a 24/25 bracket. Got beat in their 4th game by a full 24 squad. Kids played great and just got beat by a bigger and faster team. Al in all a successful day. Ride home absolutely stunk with the weather. Very happy all are home safe and the kids get to fight another day.

Now this troll on the other hand had his phone checking Tourney Machine so often that he was able to post IMMEDIATELY. What a lost!

And if you don’t know already, the boys are playing next weekend too. So the troll can start checking for the schedule now. If you need a new extended life battery pack for your phone so you don’t miss an update, there is a huge sale for Black Friday at the Mall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a typical excuse of someone who just wants to bash on other teams for no real reason.
Not a parent of a 91 kid. You can believe what you want.
But your just looking like a bigger fool with each response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a typical excuse of someone who just wants to bash on other teams for no real reason.

I thought 91 had to play 2024 divisions this year because they have a bunch of 24’s for the WSYL?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

91 2025 kids playing in a 24/25 bracket. Got beat in their 4th game by a full 24 squad. Kids played great and just got beat by a bigger and faster team. Al in all a successful day. Ride home absolutely stunk with the weather. Very happy all are home safe and the kids get to fight another day.

Now this troll on the other hand had his phone checking Tourney Machine so often that he was able to post IMMEDIATELY. What a lost!

And if you don’t know already, the boys are playing next weekend too. So the troll can start checking for the schedule now. If you need a new extended life battery pack for your phone so you don’t miss an update, there is a huge sale for Black Friday at the Mall.

Perfect post. I wish the boys the best of luck and since they are not playing my sons team, I hope they win.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought 91 had to play 2024 divisions this year because they have a bunch of 24’s for the WSYL?

I believe that is correct. I’m not sure how that is going to go during spring and summer tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perfect post. I wish the boys the best of luck and since they are not playing my sons team, I hope they win.

LOL! You're all nuts! The original poster, the "not a 91 parent" parents, the actual 91 parents; who cares!! You're all lying anyway!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cheating butt cheaters! A lot of teams using 2024's this year. Get with the program.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 played in the 24/25 division with 25/26 players. Their single 24 was not there this weekend. Keep hating, buddy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 played in the 24/25 division with 25/26 players. Their single 24 was not there this weekend. Keep hating, buddy.

By single, you must mean not married, because there’s definitely more than one 2024. And there are zero 2026’s. You are really becoming less plausible with each response. To quote Hamlet, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHO CARES ABOUT 91? Seriously....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody should care about any team, except their son’s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

By single, you must mean not married, because there’s definitely more than one 2024. And there are zero 2026’s. You are really becoming less plausible with each response. To quote Hamlet, “The lady doth protest too much, methinks”.

Just a heads up. My kid is not on 91 but even I know there is a 2026 on the team. And he has been on it for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are no Shakespeare, Troll.

Now go back to work, there’s a car out at the full serve island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a 91 parent, but that team is going to shock everyone at the World Series.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shock as in meaning wet the bed? They are gong to get spanked. It wouldn't be surprising if they lose a game or 2 at the qualifiers and then go to Denver on a discounted ticket titled "The best of the worst"....Stop with the nonsense. All bow before the Mighty Chanster ...and do it in NY. Denver is a long flight to have your arse's handed to you!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shock as in meaning wet the bed? They are gong to get spanked. It wouldn't be surprising if they lose a game or 2 at the qualifiers and then go to Denver on a discounted ticket titled "The best of the worst"....Stop with the nonsense. All bow before the Mighty Chanster ...and do it in NY. Denver is a long flight to have your arse's handed to you!!!

91 2025 is bringing the WP 2024 goalie..hes outstanding at 2024 he should be the difference maker at 2025

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 will be bring some of those eligible players from Wolfpack! ! Especially the goalie, they need some force in the cage to hold in together. That team is a sinking ship and that’s the only way to stop it from sinking deeper and be an
embarrassment for 91 bring in players from the 2024, question why would they want
to travel to Delaware to lose after they just one last year.

Page 26 of 42 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard