BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts384,882
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 6 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems Pride is the team to watch out for. Knocked M&D out of the playoffs and kept a close game with Heros for the Mid Atlantic Championship

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It seems Pride is the team to watch out for. Knocked M&D out of the playoffs and kept a close game with Heros for the Mid Atlantic Championship

A lot of one goal games also. I didnt see the Sunday games just hear say but sounds like some good level competition. when refs/fields/fall temps and 7th graders involved -anything can happen. I guess the M&D dominance has been slowly decreasing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, to a Pride parent it would seem so.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh Lord - here comes the M&D parent on the defensive. Why is Pride not a team to watch out for ?? They just beat M&D and had a close Hero's game. Doesn't that make them a team to look out for ?? Doesn't mean they're the best or would win every time. But - YES - they should be noticed. I'm waiting for the M&D excuses of "missing soccer players", "fall ball everyone plays equal", "new positions", etc.

Why can't we just be glad all the teams are getting better and lacrosse is spreading and stop snarking at anything that is not your M&D team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give credit where credit is due

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh Lord - here comes the M&D parent on the defensive. Why is Pride not a team to watch out for ?? They just beat M&D and had a close Hero's game. Doesn't that make them a team to look out for ?? Doesn't mean they're the best or would win every time. But - YES - they should be noticed. I'm waiting for the M&D excuses of "missing soccer players", "fall ball everyone plays equal", "new positions", etc.

Why can't we just be glad all the teams are getting better and lacrosse is spreading and stop snarking at anything that is not your M&D team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give credit where credit is due

How do you know its an MnD parent? I mean you lost to Hero's maybe they weren't that impressed. Last time I checked they were the "Queens of the Cage" for md.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain why Robinson puts his team in a weaker division (avoiding Sky Walkers, Hero's, and Monster) and then only M&D's division had 2 teams that advanced? Also, the 2 teams from M&D's division got a bye as well. I respect M&D and think the kids play amazing, but I don't agree with how Robinson protects his own teams. He did the same thing in the 2024 division. We're all paying a lot of money and traveling to play at his tournament and he gives his own teams an unfair advantage for advancing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M & Ds dominance is definitely decreasing. They either win games by a lot or buckle under pressure. Happened all last season and now again this fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How do you know its an MnD parent? I mean you lost to Hero's maybe they weren't that impressed. Last time I checked they were the "Queens of the Cage" for md."

When you say "you lost to HEros they weren't impressed - who are you refering to when you say "you lost".
I am not a pride parent. I'm local to Baltimore. And I am willing to bet it was an M&D parent who wrote that pride is not a team to watch though.

And I don't even know what "queen of the cage" is

It's crazy to me that on these boards no one/no teams can be given credit where credit is due. It's nuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain why Robinson puts his team in a weaker division (avoiding Sky Walkers, Hero's, and Monster) and then only M&D's division had 2 teams that advanced? Also, the 2 teams from M&D's division got a bye as well. I respect M&D and think the kids play amazing, but I don't agree with how Robinson protects his own teams. He did the same thing in the 2024 division. We're all paying a lot of money and traveling to play at his tournament and he gives his own teams an unfair advantage for advancing.

As an MnD parent I think you know the reason why this is done. I don't agree with it as I would like to see our team play at least 1 tough team in pool play. They get nothing out of beating a team by 15 goals except bad habits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salt City is better than SkyWalkers and Monster, and took down Heros over the summer... also, i think the hope was LI Top Guns would be in that conversation, too... didnt work out that way, but it was still the strongest division... and, yes, look out for Pride going forward

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How do you know its an MnD parent? I mean you lost to Hero's maybe they weren't that impressed. Last time I checked they were the "Queens of the Cage" for md."

When you say "you lost to HEros they weren't impressed - who are you refering to when you say "you lost".
I am not a pride parent. I'm local to Baltimore. And I am willing to bet it was an M&D parent who wrote that pride is not a team to watch though.

It's crazy to me that on these boards no one/no teams can be given credit where credit is due. It's nuts

Queen of the Cage = Reigning champs. Did I i dense it down enough for you? As for "You Lost", I was assuming it was a Pride parent that left the message. Just like you assumed an MnD parent left a response to the original thread. At the end of the day who cares who left the message on an anonymous board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salt City is better than SkyWalkers and Monster, and took down Heros over the summer... also, i think the hope was LI Top Guns would be in that conversation, too... didnt work out that way, but it was still the strongest division... and, yes, look out for Pride going forward

At MidAtlantic:
1. Hero's 9 Salt City 1
2. Hero's 5 SW's 4
3. Hero's 8 PT 5
4. Hero's 11 Monster 4
5. Hero's 5 CC Lax 4
6. Hero's 5 Pride 4
7. Hero's 7 BBL 2

Sure looks like Salt City performed the worse against Hero's. Salt City barely beat BBL North.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Divisions look to be balanced so they don’t know each other out in pool play. Besides , Heros Skywalkers and M&D see each other about 8-10 times in a club season. As for the 24’s. Looks like 2 teams in same divison made the final and Monster is good too. No protecting there. Skywalkers and Heros can’t say they are better if than Pride or any others if they can’t beat them and win. I think most teams feel they a tourney director benefits his/ her club. Looks at Steps divisons always. Never a good team in their bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CC Lax also looked impressive. Only lost to Pride 7-6 after leading a good portion of the game. Beat Hero's Green and MD United the weekend before at Laxin Out Loud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Queen of the Cage = Reigning champs. Did I i dense it down enough for you? As for "You Lost", I was assuming it was a Pride parent that left the message. Just like you assumed an MnD parent left a response to the original thread. At the end of the day who cares who left the message on an anonymous board.

But you are an M&D parent. And no one would care on message boards except M&D parents trash anything that does not involve their teams. Oh - and call people dense.

When other teams are good it does not diminish M&D. It's ok for all of these teams to be good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mid-Atlantic was some good competition, it was nice to see the big guns being challenged. Pride played well against M&D and had Heros on the rope. Cavs LAX took Heros to sudden death also. NGLL will be fun in the spring.

Heros, M&D, Pride, CC Lax, Cav LAX, Skywalkers, MD United.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mid-Atlantic was some good competition, it was nice to see the big guns being challenged. Pride played well against M&D and had Heros on the rope. Cavs LAX took Heros to sudden death also. NGLL will be fun in the spring.

Heros, M&D, Pride, CC Lax, Cav LAX, Skywalkers, MD United.

I would put LBC and MD United in the next tier down. Also not sold on CClax yet too much dependence on a few standouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At MidAtlantic:
1. Hero's 9 Salt City 1
2. Hero's 5 SW's 4
3. Hero's 8 PT 5
4. Hero's 11 Monster 4
5. Hero's 5 CC Lax 4
6. Hero's 5 Pride 4
7. Hero's 7 BBL 2

Sure looks like Salt City performed the worse against Hero's. Salt City barely beat BBL North.

Salt City parents a little over zealous with the self pat on the back claiming to be better than Sky Walkers and Monster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At MidAtlantic:
1. Hero's 9 Salt City 1
2. Hero's 5 SW's 4
3. Hero's 8 PT 5
4. Hero's 11 Monster 4
5. Hero's 5 CC Lax 4
6. Hero's 5 Pride 4
7. Hero's 7 BBL 2

Salt City parents a little over zealous with the self pat on the back claiming to be better than Sky Walkers and Monster.

I heard they play a less than clean style of lacrosse as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At MidAtlantic:
1. Hero's 9 Salt City 1
2. Hero's 5 SW's 4
3. Hero's 8 PT 5
4. Hero's 11 Monster 4
5. Hero's 5 CC Lax 4
6. Hero's 5 Pride 4
7. Hero's 7 BBL 2

Just like the LIDs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At MidAtlantic:
1. Hero's 9 Salt City 1
2. Hero's 5 SW's 4
3. Hero's 8 PT 5
4. Hero's 11 Monster 4
5. Hero's 5 CC Lax 4
6. Hero's 5 Pride 4
7. Hero's 7 BBL 2

Just like the LIDs

First of all you are such a nerd you can't even get that right. So loosen you sons vineyard vine shorts up
It's FLIDS you stunad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At MidAtlantic:
1. Hero's 9 Salt City 1
2. Hero's 5 SW's 4
3. Hero's 8 PT 5
4. Hero's 11 Monster 4
5. Hero's 5 CC Lax 4
6. Hero's 5 Pride 4
7. Hero's 7 BBL 2

Just like the LIDs

First of all you are such a nerd you can't even get that right. So loosen you sons vineyard vine shorts up
It's FLIDS you stunad

?????????????????

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on at Hero's? Rough weeekend for the Big Green? watchout for Pride!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whats going on at Hero's? Rough weeekend for the Big Green? watchout for Pride!!

Just stop Pride dad. It’s fall ball. You are embarrassing yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At MidAtlantic:
1. Hero's 9 Salt City 1
2. Hero's 5 SW's 4
3. Hero's 8 PT 5
4. Hero's 11 Monster 4
5. Hero's 5 CC Lax 4
6. Hero's 5 Pride 4
7. Hero's 7 BBL 2

They are pretty dirty, but not that clever to finish the deal against better competition. Their parents are a "class act", you have to hear them analyzing the other players after every play. Quite salty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Salt City parents a little over zealous with the self pat on the back claiming to be better than Sky Walkers and Monster. [/quote]
I heard they play a less than clean style of lacrosse as well. [/quote]

They are pretty dirty, but not that clever to finish the deal against better competition. Their parents are a "class act", you have to hear them analyzing the other players after every play. Quite salty.[/quote]

Well at least their parents aren't on the sidelines screaming and coming within an inch of a physical confrontation like MD team(s) parents. So let's watch the insult slinging at parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just for fun/debate, fall rankings:

1. Hero's- Cannot argue their record in championship games last year. Can they duplicate this fall?
2. M&D- On paper one of the most talented teams in the country. Can they win the big games?
3. NEMS- Good core group of talent. Gave some teams some trouble. Can the get over the hump?
4. Skywalkers- A decent team with some athletes. Did they players they added fill in the holes?
5. LBC- Always a tough team. Can they replace key players lost?
6. Pride- Narrowly missed the playoffs last year. Did they add depth to get them in the final 4.
7. Stars- Like Pride missed the playoffs by 2 games. Did they recruit will in the off season?
8. MD United- Did they lock down the talent in AA Co? will the added players get them out of the cellar?
9. Red Shirts- Moving back to B is not a bad option.
10. FCA- Too bad Calvert Hall is a boys school but luckily they will get to play TLC or MC Midnight
11. TLC/MC Midnight- Hopefully they added some talent to put some points on the board. Last year their combined goals between the 2 teams was less than 11 of the 14 teams in the league.

Fall Wrap up Ranking

1. Hero's- Had an inconsistent fall but they are the defending champs until someone beats them. They also do well it championship games.
2. M&D- Could be number 1 but still a bit inconsistent until the end where based on the scores they put it together.
3. Pride- Beat Both M&D and Hero's this fall. Improved team and on the rise.
4. Skywalkers- Another inconsistent team that plays tough. Not sure they have enough firepower to take down more talented teams.
5. LBC- They didn't play in many of the tournaments over the bridge but always a tough team. Given where they are located they should have no issue pulling talent.
6. Nems- A good team that has been able to keep their core together.
7. MD United- Quietly knocked off Hero's. So the potential is there.
8. CC Lax- Also beat Hero's and may have added a few players from neighboring clubs. Though his is a big jump from B to A.
9. Hoco- Cupboard isnt totally bare but they have enough athletes to keep games somewhat interesting.
10. Red Shirts- Still not enough talent there to compete at this level.
11. Coppermine- Lost a lot of girls. Too many to compete in the A.
12. FCA- Not sure where they played this fall or if they are staying in A.
13/14. TLC/MC Mid NIght- May be more competitive in the B conference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard they play a less than clean style of lacrosse as well. [/quote]

They are pretty dirty, but not that clever to finish the deal against better competition. Their parents are a "class act", you have to hear them analyzing the other players after every play. Quite salty.[/quote]

Well at least their parents aren't on the sidelines screaming and coming within an inch of a physical confrontation like MD team(s) parents. So let's watch the insult slinging at parents
[/quote]
I cant say Ive seen that, but lets face it, A LOT of parents could dial it back a tad, sport wide. Its one thing to cheer your kid on, its another to come to blows or to analyze every opposing player like youre on sports center.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

May need to move CC Lax up a couple of spots in your fall rankings... also beat MD United and LBC.... lost to Pride by 1... added a few pieces but mostly the same core group.

1. Hero's- Cannot argue their record in championship games last year. Can they duplicate this fall?
2. M&D- On paper one of the most talented teams in the country. Can they win the big games?
3. NEMS- Good core group of talent. Gave some teams some trouble. Can the get over the hump?
4. Skywalkers- A decent team with some athletes. Did they players they added fill in the holes?
6. Pride- Narrowly missed the playoffs last year. Did they add depth to get them in the final 4.
7. Stars- Like Pride missed the playoffs by 2 games. Did they recruit will in the off season?
8. MD United- Did they lock down the talent in AA Co? will the added players get them out of the cellar?
10. FCA- Too bad Calvert Hall is a boys school but luckily they will get to play TLC or MC Midnight
11. TLC/MC Midnight- Hopefully they added some talent to put some points on the board. Last year their combined goals between the 2 teams was less than 11 of the 14 teams in the league.

Fall Wrap up Ranking

1. Hero's- Had an inconsistent fall but they are the defending champs until someone beats them. They also do well it championship games.
2. M&D- Could be number 1 but still a bit inconsistent until the end where based on the scores they put it together.
4. Skywalkers- Another inconsistent team that plays tough. Not sure they have enough firepower to take down more talented teams.
5. LBC- They didn't play in many of the tournaments over the bridge but always a tough team. Given where they are located they should have no issue pulling talent.
8. CC Lax- Also beat Hero's and may have added a few players from neighboring clubs. Though his is a big jump from B to A.
9. Hoco- Cupboard isnt totally bare but they have enough athletes to keep games somewhat interesting.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fall Wrap up Ranking

CC Lax could be moved up a couple of spots in your Final Fall Rankings... also beat MD United and LBC... only lost to Pride by 1.... they added a couple of new girls but for the most part they are the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
CClax is a one girl show -eventually they will just faceguard her . I feel bad for anyone else that wants to get recruited on that team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my AMEN. good coaches get talent to play together. IMO, Skywalkers collect talent and let them freelance. I don’t see much coaching from the Mike and Molly group.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously you have never been to their practices. First off their goalie coach is phenomenal, secondly their transition and interior passing is legit, and lastly dodging is quick and fast. Do they run a lot of set plays? No. Do their teams run lots of motion and move the ball quickly? Yes. Their philosophy is to play with freedom, which means to create space and move to space. It’s no wonder their players are sought after by top programs.

Do their younger teams sometimes struggle? Yes. Skywalkers takes athletic girls and coaches them up so by the time they get to 7th/8th grade, their teams dominate many teams, not all of course. Gotta give credit to the other great organizations.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pride moves up to number 3 in the rankings and MnD drops to 4.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did your post make you feel good?
Happy holidays to you, too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lordy - Don't wake the M&D defenders. You can't ever say anything bad about M&D cause they're parents go nuts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lordy - Don't wake the M&D defenders. You can't ever say anything bad about M&D cause they're parents go nuts

Must be time to move to another team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ranking mean nothing. Especially when lots in the top 20 ever win when all the good teams at same place. Look at lax for cure and mid Atlantic when the good teams play. All the rest are just playdays.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The whole idea is that the girls get showcased to the college coaches eventually . If you are not an impact player on a great team you will be going to a garbage school. Find a place you shine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lordy - Don't wake the M&D defenders. You can't ever say anything bad about M&D cause they're parents go nuts[/quote]

Must be time to move to another team.[/quote]

See .... point proven

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 58 1 2 3 4 5 6 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard