Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
TheBackOfTheCage #296280 11/11/19 07:44 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems Pride is the team to watch out for. Knocked M&D out of the playoffs and kept a close game with Heros for the Mid Atlantic Championship

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #296288 11/11/19 09:27 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It seems Pride is the team to watch out for. Knocked M&D out of the playoffs and kept a close game with Heros for the Mid Atlantic Championship

A lot of one goal games also. I didnt see the Sunday games just hear say but sounds like some good level competition. when refs/fields/fall temps and 7th graders involved -anything can happen. I guess the M&D dominance has been slowly decreasing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296290 11/11/19 09:31 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, to a Pride parent it would seem so.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296297 11/11/19 10:53 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh Lord - here comes the M&D parent on the defensive. Why is Pride not a team to watch out for ?? They just beat M&D and had a close Hero's game. Doesn't that make them a team to look out for ?? Doesn't mean they're the best or would win every time. But - YES - they should be noticed. I'm waiting for the M&D excuses of "missing soccer players", "fall ball everyone plays equal", "new positions", etc.

Why can't we just be glad all the teams are getting better and lacrosse is spreading and stop snarking at anything that is not your M&D team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give credit where credit is due

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296301 11/11/19 11:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh Lord - here comes the M&D parent on the defensive. Why is Pride not a team to watch out for ?? They just beat M&D and had a close Hero's game. Doesn't that make them a team to look out for ?? Doesn't mean they're the best or would win every time. But - YES - they should be noticed. I'm waiting for the M&D excuses of "missing soccer players", "fall ball everyone plays equal", "new positions", etc.

Why can't we just be glad all the teams are getting better and lacrosse is spreading and stop snarking at anything that is not your M&D team !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give credit where credit is due

How do you know its an MnD parent? I mean you lost to Hero's maybe they weren't that impressed. Last time I checked they were the "Queens of the Cage" for md.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
TheBackOfTheCage #296305 11/11/19 11:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain why Robinson puts his team in a weaker division (avoiding Sky Walkers, Hero's, and Monster) and then only M&D's division had 2 teams that advanced? Also, the 2 teams from M&D's division got a bye as well. I respect M&D and think the kids play amazing, but I don't agree with how Robinson protects his own teams. He did the same thing in the 2024 division. We're all paying a lot of money and traveling to play at his tournament and he gives his own teams an unfair advantage for advancing.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296307 11/11/19 11:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M & Ds dominance is definitely decreasing. They either win games by a lot or buckle under pressure. Happened all last season and now again this fall

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296308 11/11/19 12:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How do you know its an MnD parent? I mean you lost to Hero's maybe they weren't that impressed. Last time I checked they were the "Queens of the Cage" for md."

When you say "you lost to HEros they weren't impressed - who are you refering to when you say "you lost".
I am not a pride parent. I'm local to Baltimore. And I am willing to bet it was an M&D parent who wrote that pride is not a team to watch though.

And I don't even know what "queen of the cage" is

It's crazy to me that on these boards no one/no teams can be given credit where credit is due. It's nuts

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296310 11/11/19 12:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain why Robinson puts his team in a weaker division (avoiding Sky Walkers, Hero's, and Monster) and then only M&D's division had 2 teams that advanced? Also, the 2 teams from M&D's division got a bye as well. I respect M&D and think the kids play amazing, but I don't agree with how Robinson protects his own teams. He did the same thing in the 2024 division. We're all paying a lot of money and traveling to play at his tournament and he gives his own teams an unfair advantage for advancing.

As an MnD parent I think you know the reason why this is done. I don't agree with it as I would like to see our team play at least 1 tough team in pool play. They get nothing out of beating a team by 15 goals except bad habits.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296315 11/11/19 12:30 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salt City is better than SkyWalkers and Monster, and took down Heros over the summer... also, i think the hope was LI Top Guns would be in that conversation, too... didnt work out that way, but it was still the strongest division... and, yes, look out for Pride going forward

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #296327 11/11/19 02:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"How do you know its an MnD parent? I mean you lost to Hero's maybe they weren't that impressed. Last time I checked they were the "Queens of the Cage" for md."

When you say "you lost to HEros they weren't impressed - who are you refering to when you say "you lost".
I am not a pride parent. I'm local to Baltimore. And I am willing to bet it was an M&D parent who wrote that pride is not a team to watch though.

It's crazy to me that on these boards no one/no teams can be given credit where credit is due. It's nuts

Queen of the Cage = Reigning champs. Did I i dense it down enough for you? As for "You Lost", I was assuming it was a Pride parent that left the message. Just like you assumed an MnD parent left a response to the original thread. At the end of the day who cares who left the message on an anonymous board.

Like Reply Quote
TheBackOfTheCage #296328 11/11/19 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Salt City is better than SkyWalkers and Monster, and took down Heros over the summer... also, i think the hope was LI Top Guns would be in that conversation, too... didnt work out that way, but it was still the strongest division... and, yes, look out for Pride going forward

At MidAtlantic:
1. Hero's 9 Salt City 1
2. Hero's 5 SW's 4
3. Hero's 8 PT 5
4. Hero's 11 Monster 4
5. Hero's 5 CC Lax 4
6. Hero's 5 Pride 4
7. Hero's 7 BBL 2

Sure looks like Salt City performed the worse against Hero's. Salt City barely beat BBL North.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296329 11/11/19 02:43 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Divisions look to be balanced so they don’t know each other out in pool play. Besides , Heros Skywalkers and M&D see each other about 8-10 times in a club season. As for the 24’s. Looks like 2 teams in same divison made the final and Monster is good too. No protecting there. Skywalkers and Heros can’t say they are better if than Pride or any others if they can’t beat them and win. I think most teams feel they a tourney director benefits his/ her club. Looks at Steps divisons always. Never a good team in their bracket.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296330 11/11/19 03:01 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

CC Lax also looked impressive. Only lost to Pride 7-6 after leading a good portion of the game. Beat Hero's Green and MD United the weekend before at Laxin Out Loud.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #296333 11/11/19 03:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Queen of the Cage = Reigning champs. Did I i dense it down enough for you? As for "You Lost", I was assuming it was a Pride parent that left the message. Just like you assumed an MnD parent left a response to the original thread. At the end of the day who cares who left the message on an anonymous board.

But you are an M&D parent. And no one would care on message boards except M&D parents trash anything that does not involve their teams. Oh - and call people dense.

When other teams are good it does not diminish M&D. It's ok for all of these teams to be good.

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 37 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 36 37
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard
BOTC SPONSORS