Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one cares who wins 6 grade HOCO? Cmon!! Hawks are 43-0!! D1 coaches already have these kids on their radar!!

Greatest accumulation of 6th grade talent we've ever seen! Parents should be proud.

Oh, don’t you worry, they are proud.
One dad says D1 coaches have been talking to him about his kid since 3rd grade. Ok. Whatever.

The summer after 3rd grade to be accurate.

If your kids are as dense as you it must explain why they get rolled on the field all spring and summer

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293735
10/08/19 08:47 AM
10/08/19 08:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one cares who wins 6 grade HOCO? Cmon!! Hawks are 43-0!! D1 coaches already have these kids on their radar!!

Greatest accumulation of 6th grade talent we've ever seen! Parents should be proud.

One dad says D1 coaches have been talking to him about his kid since 3rd grade. Ok. Whatever.

If you believe anything on here about the Hawks is posted by an actual Hawks parent, then I actually feel sorry for you.

It came out of a dad’s mouth on a sideline. He is a Hawks dad. But to answer your question, no I don’t believe 98% of what is posted on here or out of a Hawks dad’s mouth. That was the point of my sarcastic post.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293773
10/08/19 01:38 PM
10/08/19 01:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO you sir are completely delusional and I feel sorry for you son when he ends up quitting the sports before HS due to you unrealistic expectations.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #293799
10/08/19 05:23 PM
10/08/19 05:23 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of these elite level teams are ok with their players being elite level multi sport athletes? How many of these kids can juggle playing elite level club lacrosse and another elite level club sport? It seems like kids are so specialized now...limiting themselves to one sport early on. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I need a board like this for Maryland youth soccer.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293801
10/08/19 06:21 PM
10/08/19 06:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO you sir are completely delusional and I feel sorry for you son when he ends up quitting the sports before HS due to you unrealistic expectations.

Man, there really needs to be a sarcasm font. It was a joke. Settle down.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293815
10/08/19 10:30 PM
10/08/19 10:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Jealous and envious it is not your son. Mine was looked at during Regular season, not summer. D1 coach walks by and says that kid looks good. Pretty sure that is code for " commitment letter coming " .

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293824
10/09/19 07:35 AM
10/09/19 07:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you believe anything on here about the Hawks is posted by an actual Hawks parent, then I actually feel sorry for you.

It came out of a dad’s mouth on a sideline. He is a Hawks dad. But to answer your question, no I don’t believe 98% of what is posted on here or out of a Hawks dad’s mouth. That was the point of my sarcastic post.

Crickets. I bet he was that dad.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293842
10/09/19 10:35 AM
10/09/19 10:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crickets. I bet he was that dad.

What in God's holy name are you blathering about

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293859
10/09/19 01:25 PM
10/09/19 01:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How many of these elite level teams are ok with their players being elite level multi sport athletes? How many of these kids can juggle playing elite level club lacrosse and another elite level club sport? It seems like kids are so specialized now...limiting themselves to one sport early on. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Coaches love having multi-sport athletes - lax is spring and summer and that's in-season

Football and wrestling dont interfere with lacrosse because they are fall and winter sports.

Any high school or college coach always asks about grades first and what other sports do you play

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293863
10/09/19 02:06 PM
10/09/19 02:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son plays on one of the Elite HOCO teams. I believe every kid on the team plays either soccer or football in the fall. Most play basketball and a few wrestle in the winter. None are Lacrosse only.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293865
10/09/19 02:21 PM
10/09/19 02:21 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coaches love having multi-sport athletes - lax is spring and summer and that's in-season

Football and wrestling dont interfere with lacrosse because they are fall and winter sports.

Any high school or college coach always asks about grades first and what other sports do you play

That is so overstated today. There is no way a kid can play for two elite clubs in today's environment. Sure kids play other sports but usually as a hobby or so they can check the box as a two sport athlete. The kids serious about football, basketball, wrestling all do that year round as well. A kid can be elite in two sports but hard to play for two elite teams. In HS it works to just play for the HS football or wrestling team

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293867
10/09/19 03:13 PM
10/09/19 03:13 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Works for wrestling and football and I have seen to an extent hockey. It will not work with hoops as their elite level AAU stuff runs in the Spring and Summer and soccer, well, that depends on your value to the lax coach and if he's going to let you miss practices and games for it. But if you try to play elite soccer and lax you are going to have to sacrifice on one of them and let people down. From experience.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293871
10/09/19 04:22 PM
10/09/19 04:22 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is so overstated today. There is no way a kid can play for two elite clubs in today's environment. Sure kids play other sports but usually as a hobby or so they can check the box as a two sport athlete. The kids serious about football, basketball, wrestling all do that year round as well. A kid can be elite in two sports but hard to play for two elite teams. In HS it works to just play for the HS football or wrestling team

This is kind of what I was asking. I know a lot of kids play 2 or more sports...but how many of them are able to juggle it at the elite level in each sport? Is it even possible in today’s youth sports with the level of commitment that is required to play elite level anything?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293884
10/09/19 07:38 PM
10/09/19 07:38 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is kind of what I was asking. I know a lot of kids play 2 or more sports...but how many of them are able to juggle it at the elite level in each sport? Is it even possible in today’s youth sports with the level of commitment that is required to play elite level anything?

We sat down and made the decision that if we are really going to pay the money and pursue lacrosse at an Elite level then we would settle down on soccer and other sports. For example. There is a large tournament this weekend in AA county his soccer team is in. He has practice this weekend for lax. We let his soccer coach know that even though it is soccer season, we will not be attending any games that fall during his lax practice times. Obviously the opposite would be to tell his lax coach he would need to miss practice to go to soccer. Either way you are letting someone down and I am not sure how to juggle it properly without just fully committing to one. We all hear the encouraging other sports theory from coaches. That also comes with the caveat we will encourage another kid to step up and take your kids spot when he isn't at practice or doesn't know the plays. Hope this helped a bit

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293903
10/09/19 10:33 PM
10/09/19 10:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Works for wrestling and football and I have seen to an extent hockey. It will not work with hoops as their elite level AAU stuff runs in the Spring and Summer and soccer, well, that depends on your value to the lax coach and if he's going to let you miss practices and games for it. But if you try to play elite soccer and lax you are going to have to sacrifice on one of them and let people down. From experience.

Pretty spot on. Elite soccer is year round, Probably the worst sport to have another sport along with. If you say you can miss a game or practice on a elite soccer team, you arent playing real elite soccer.

At High School level it is almost impossible to play more than club lacrosse . You can play other sports for your High School team during season and have fun, but that is about it.

Reply Quote
Page 35 of 43 1 2 33 34 35 36 37 42 43
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification