BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 33 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 32 33
Re: Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many of these elite level teams are ok with their players being elite level multi sport athletes? How many of these kids can juggle playing elite level club lacrosse and another elite level club sport? It seems like kids are so specialized now...limiting themselves to one sport early on. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

I need a board like this for Maryland youth soccer.

Coaches love having multi-sport athletes - lax is spring and summer and that's in-season

Football and wrestling dont interfere with lacrosse because they are fall and winter sports.

Any high school or college coach always asks about grades first and what other sports do you play

That is so overstated today. There is no way a kid can play for two elite clubs in today's environment. Sure kids play other sports but usually as a hobby or so they can check the box as a two sport athlete. The kids serious about football, basketball, wrestling all do that year round as well. A kid can be elite in two sports but hard to play for two elite teams. In HS it works to just play for the HS football or wrestling team

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many of these elite level teams are ok with their players being elite level multi sport athletes? How many of these kids can juggle playing elite level club lacrosse and another elite level club sport? It seems like kids are so specialized now...limiting themselves to one sport early on. Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Coaches love having multi-sport athletes - lax is spring and summer and that's in-season

Football and wrestling dont interfere with lacrosse because they are fall and winter sports.

Any high school or college coach always asks about grades first and what other sports do you play

Works for wrestling and football and I have seen to an extent hockey. It will not work with hoops as their elite level AAU stuff runs in the Spring and Summer and soccer, well, that depends on your value to the lax coach and if he's going to let you miss practices and games for it. But if you try to play elite soccer and lax you are going to have to sacrifice on one of them and let people down. From experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is so overstated today. There is no way a kid can play for two elite clubs in today's environment. Sure kids play other sports but usually as a hobby or so they can check the box as a two sport athlete. The kids serious about football, basketball, wrestling all do that year round as well. A kid can be elite in two sports but hard to play for two elite teams. In HS it works to just play for the HS football or wrestling team

This is kind of what I was asking. I know a lot of kids play 2 or more sports...but how many of them are able to juggle it at the elite level in each sport? Is it even possible in today’s youth sports with the level of commitment that is required to play elite level anything?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is kind of what I was asking. I know a lot of kids play 2 or more sports...but how many of them are able to juggle it at the elite level in each sport? Is it even possible in today’s youth sports with the level of commitment that is required to play elite level anything?

We sat down and made the decision that if we are really going to pay the money and pursue lacrosse at an Elite level then we would settle down on soccer and other sports. For example. There is a large tournament this weekend in AA county his soccer team is in. He has practice this weekend for lax. We let his soccer coach know that even though it is soccer season, we will not be attending any games that fall during his lax practice times. Obviously the opposite would be to tell his lax coach he would need to miss practice to go to soccer. Either way you are letting someone down and I am not sure how to juggle it properly without just fully committing to one. We all hear the encouraging other sports theory from coaches. That also comes with the caveat we will encourage another kid to step up and take your kids spot when he isn't at practice or doesn't know the plays. Hope this helped a bit

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Works for wrestling and football and I have seen to an extent hockey. It will not work with hoops as their elite level AAU stuff runs in the Spring and Summer and soccer, well, that depends on your value to the lax coach and if he's going to let you miss practices and games for it. But if you try to play elite soccer and lax you are going to have to sacrifice on one of them and let people down. From experience.

Pretty spot on. Elite soccer is year round, Probably the worst sport to have another sport along with. If you say you can miss a game or practice on a elite soccer team, you arent playing real elite soccer.

At High School level it is almost impossible to play more than club lacrosse . You can play other sports for your High School team during season and have fun, but that is about it.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is simple - the kids are in 6th grade and they should be playing multiple sports. No kid should be specializing at this age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is simple - the kids are in 6th grade and they should be playing multiple sports. No kid should be specializing at this age.

The discussion is not about not playing multiple sports, it is about playing multiple elite sports. Hit the reading comprehension wall and come on back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty spot on. Elite soccer is year round, Probably the worst sport to have another sport along with. If you say you can miss a game or practice on a elite soccer team, you arent playing real elite soccer.

At High School level it is almost impossible to play more than club lacrosse . You can play other sports for your High School team during season and have fun, but that is about it.

HIghly competitive wrestling is also year round with a tournament just about every weekend. I know those who say they should play multiple sports are correct but we are talking about higher level elite sports. It is literally impossible to play two sports at that level. Kids need to pick a primary sport and all others are basically a hobby. If you are lucky you may even be able to wedge in a ski trip or beach vacation. Anyone who claims different is not playing on an elite team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HIghly competitive wrestling is also year round with a tournament just about every weekend. I know those who say they should play multiple sports are correct but we are talking about higher level elite sports. It is literally impossible to play two sports at that level. Kids need to pick a primary sport and all others are basically a hobby. If you are lucky you may even be able to wedge in a ski trip or beach vacation. Anyone who claims different is not playing on an elite team.

This exactly^^^^^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The discussion is not about not playing multiple sports, it is about playing multiple elite sports. Hit the reading comprehension wall and come on back.

OUCH ! Thats gotta hurt.. Like the " Hit the Reading Comprehension Wall " !

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Glad someone else thinks the poster is a [ChillLaxin]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Glad someone else thinks the poster is a [ChillLaxin]

"Why should we have to go to class if we come here to play FOOTBALL, we ain't come to play SCHOOL, classes are POINTLESS." - Cardale Jones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son plays elite level soccer, but he does not play elite level lacrosse. That decision was easy for us because he is an excellent soccer player, but he’s not a good enough lacrosse player to play elite level at this point. Even if he was though, there’s no way we would be able to swing both. He plays lacrosse on one of those rec turned “club” teams at HOCO you guys all despise, basically to have fun, stay in shape, and be with his friends.

I was not a lacrosse player, but I really enjoy watching them play, even if it’s not at the elite level. It’s fast and physical, and it beats the heck out of watching baseball...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last guy/post was a cool dude and want to grab a beer with him! Great insight.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last guy/post was a cool dude and want to grab a beer with him! Great insight.

Not me.

""rec turned “club” teams at HOCO you guys all despise, basically to have fun, stay in shape, and be with his friends""

My son plays elite only not some rec scub team. , this is about playing at elite level , not playing at Fun level, staying in shape is for off season with his personal speed trainer, season is about getting elite lax skills, and being with friends?? Really ? He can make friends later while playing D1 lacrosse. Keep it real !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"My son plays elite only not some rec scub team. , this is about playing at elite level , not playing at Fun level, staying in shape is for off season with his personal speed trainer, season is about getting elite lax skills, and being with friends?? Really ? He can make friends later while playing D1 lacrosse. Keep it real !"

Umm... we're talking about 11 and 12 year old kids who haven't hit puberty yet. Enjoy the fun now, save the intensity for later on. This is the best age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

@USCL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

To all the doubters here Hawks are #1 in official national ranking. #1 according to USCL dot com ranking. #1 in 2026 ranking of top 25

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting rankings.

Arden is too high, but I assume that the list is based on scores and I think they had a decent summer. Of course they dont exist anymore at 2026 do they?

Who are the Boston Kings?

Team 91 MD and Looneys belong somewhere on this list.

Madlax should be higher

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

To all the doubters here Hawks are #1 in official national ranking. #1 according to USCL dot com ranking. #1 in 2026 ranking of top 25

Top 1/4 looks pretty accurate. The rest is nearly impossible to get right.

Boston Kings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

👏👏👏👏👏

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

Also have Diamondbacks at 12. Shows you how accurate these rankings are. Lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is not in it ??You know it’s a joke. We will prove it in HOCO this year. Best goalie and righty/lefty attack in the country.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91 is not in it ??You know it’s a joke. We will prove it in HOCO this year. Best goalie and righty/lefty attack in the country.

Lol. The trolling of 91 gets old. I’m sure the parents don’t appreciate it

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting rankings.

Arden is too high, but I assume that the list is based on scores and I think they had a decent summer. Of course they dont exist anymore at 2026 do they?

Madlax should be higher

My son played for Arden so I am biased. we had quality wins like against bbl. looneys and hawks are definitely better in hoco, but we are top 15 for sure with looneys and blc in front of us. get real that tommynickers are top 15. who are they? name a quality win of them, they wouldnt be top 5 in hoco. we could not touch the top 3 because they have way more athletes. who is boston kings? I think last year rank should be hawks, tiger, laxachusset, sweetlax, evolve, looneys, eclipse, express, bethesda, kings fine, bbl, Arden. how am i wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

👏👏👏👏👏

Can we just discuss fca md at #8 and whatnot? maybe 28

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting rankings.

Madlax should be higher

My son played for Arden so I am biased. we had quality wins like against bbl. looneys and hawks are definitely better in hoco, but we are top 15 for sure with looneys and blc in front of us. get real that tommynickers are top 15. who are they? name a quality win of them, they wouldnt be top 5 in hoco. we could not touch the top 3 because they have way more athletes. who is boston kings? I think last year rank should be hawks, tiger, laxachusset, sweetlax, evolve, looneys, eclipse, express, bethesda, kings fine, bbl, Arden. how am i wrong?

looneys was #2 in hoco and had good wins. they got close on hawks and beat them the year before in hoco final so they should be top 6. bethesda is #3 in Maryland. bethesda held strong at nlf beating 91 long island and we went overtime with express, we got beten bad by hawks and tigers at nlf but they played in the finals and like out chances against laxachusetts. know way 2ways, fca, towersman should be in them spots. ok bbl should be 6 and eclipse 7 and who cares on last year anywhat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting rankings.

Madlax should be higher

looneys was #2 in hoco and had good wins. they got close on hawks and beat them the year before in hoco final so they should be top 6. bethesda is #3 in Maryland. bethesda held strong at nlf beating 91 long island and we went overtime with express, we got beten bad by hawks and tigers at nlf but they played in the finals and like out chances against laxachusetts. know way 2ways, fca, towersman should be in them spots. ok bbl should be 6 and eclipse 7 and who cares on last year anywhat

Like it or not if they are taking this from summer tournaments. AYLC wins over FCA and Looneys most likely put them where they are and knocked Looneys out. Those are 2 good wins and again, if this is based off Summer alone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any laxachusetts dads hear of the Boston Kings?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fareal how did arden beat so many good teams after hoco?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

👏👏👏👏👏

Can we just discuss fca md at #8 and whatnot? maybe 28

These rankings are way off to say the least. I do think this is high for FCA and Looneys and 91 should be on this list. All three of these teams have improved this off season but the hawks are clearly the team to beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@USCL

Pretty sure no one ever doubted. That’s hard to do when Hawks parents keep feeling the need to remind the human race they are 546-0. We just don’t need to keep hearing it. That’s the issue. Congratulations on your #1 ranking. Enjoy your 6th grade accolade. It’s the first question they ask on recruiting questionnaires, what was your 6th grade record and ranking, so it’s good you have that to put down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting rankings.

Madlax should be higher

maryland in this order...hawks, Looneys, blc, arden, 91md, fca, crabs on summer and hoco...fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Arden lost some close games in Hoco just didn't win any.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Arden lost some close games in Hoco just didn't win any.

And they added players to their summer roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting rankings.

Madlax should be higher

Looneys did not play in the HOCO final against the Hawks in 2018. Hawks played the Diamondbacks and won in 2018. Looneys were only in the final this year and they lost. Hawks played Bethesda in 2017 and lost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLC beat everyone from Md on that list 2 years ago, including Hawks. But that was 2 years ago. Things change.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLC beat everyone from Md on that list 2 years ago, including Hawks. But that was 2 years ago. Things change.

PLC is coming back big time and True Annapolis will be better then that PLC team was.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

PLC beat them twice and undefeated against Hawks

Page 14 of 33 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard