BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/16/19 03:20 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/16/19 03:04 PM
Boys 2028-4th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/16/19 02:57 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/16/19 02:49 PM
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/16/19 02:43 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/16/19 01:50 PM
fl$ Lawsuit
by Anonymous. 10/16/19 12:35 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,807
Posts256,749
Members2,138
Most Online6,680
22 seconds ago
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #292470
09/13/19 11:23 AM
09/13/19 11:23 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Just curious, a kid playing on a 2025 team turning 14 in September. Is that a double holdback or is my math incorrect?

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #292475
09/13/19 01:09 PM
09/13/19 01:09 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just curious, a kid playing on a 2025 team turning 14 in September. Is that a double holdback or is my math incorrect?

in new york where the age cut off is is dec, yes. In md where the cuttoff is sept. no. he would be a single.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293247
09/30/19 04:01 PM
09/30/19 04:01 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Breakers and Zingos announced that they would be fielding WSYL teams.


Here are teams that are registered for East Qualifier as of this past weekend:

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293370
10/02/19 01:10 PM
10/02/19 01:10 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



B level teams

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #293407
10/02/19 10:14 PM
10/02/19 10:14 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Breakers and Zingos announced that they would be fielding WSYL teams.


Here are teams that are registered for East Qualifier as of this past weekend:

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star


Age based so No Holdbacks, which translate into meaning B level teams. WSYL has lost its shine with all the grade based holdback tournaments.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294150
10/14/19 11:43 AM
10/14/19 11:43 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Agreed on the holdback statement. If you take away that noise, your simply have the best teams out there who are on age, which is what you want. It doesn't mean that these teams are bad, they are just on age. My son's team has played Cannon's Gold and they are a pretty good team for their age, no glaring weaknesses. I think we will see a couple of these teams in some tournaments over the next few weeks. I'm pleasantly surprised who I haven't seen on this list, which tells me that they have holdbacks, which honestly puts a more positive perspective on my son's team's performance over the last year, as its' been a tough one from a win/loss perspective but an eye-opener from the need to put more off-season fitness training into place.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294160
10/14/19 02:15 PM
10/14/19 02:15 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Breakers and Zingos announced that they would be fielding WSYL teams.


Here are teams that are registered for East Qualifier as of this past weekend:

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star



When is this?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294207
10/14/19 10:45 PM
10/14/19 10:45 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Agreed on the holdback statement. If you take away that noise, your simply have the best teams out there who are on age, which is what you want. It doesn't mean that these teams are bad, they are just on age. My son's team has played Cannon's Gold and they are a pretty good team for their age, no glaring weaknesses. I think we will see a couple of these teams in some tournaments over the next few weeks. I'm pleasantly surprised who I haven't seen on this list, which tells me that they have holdbacks, which honestly puts a more positive perspective on my son's team's performance over the last year, as its' been a tough one from a win/loss perspective but an eye-opener from the need to put more off-season fitness training into place.


The more holdbacks you have the more wins you have at 9th grade and below. Frankly even at High School club teams by grade , being a holdback is an advantage, just not as big as before puberty hit.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: Anonymous] #294313
Yesterday at 02:16 PM
Yesterday at 02:16 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



There is always rec.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region [Re: TheBackOfTheCage] #294358
Yesterday at 08:33 PM
Yesterday at 08:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
There is always rec.


That is where majority of holdbacks would be playing on age !

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification





Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1