Home
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse for Boys from the class of 2025 in the Mid-Atlantic region.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/30/19 06:27 PM
There seems to be a drop off in the amount of boys in this age bracket. Lots of clubs not fielding teams for 25
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/01/19 03:20 AM
its a shame when clubs get a bad name because of the parent group and they can not get kids to tryout. the club is tarnished because of the parents and they get to move on and the club loses
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/01/19 11:10 AM
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There seems to be a drop off in the amount of boys in this age bracket. Lots of clubs not fielding teams for 25

And others fielding two 25 teams. Club reputation is everything.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/01/19 10:07 PM
Any teams entering the WSYL?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/02/19 12:04 AM
No
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/03/19 01:56 AM
Why?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/04/19 09:43 PM
Breakers and Zingos announced that they would be fielding WSYL teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/05/19 12:15 PM
Advice please- family moving to Baltimore from top team out West. I know that translates to nothing back East so want to know best team for a 2025, or what any of you would suggest to learn with a good Coach because I hold no delusions about making a top team in MD. Any ideas appreciated thanks all
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/05/19 10:48 PM
All the Baltimore teams play in the Howard County League, from the top level to the lower levels. You will find a home and can contact all the clubs by finding their websites. Teams have largely had tryouts but teams will always find room for a player who improves their team. My son plays for 91MD which is a very good team at that age but Crabs, FCA, Looneys, Breakers etc are all good teams in the area. You can see how they finished up the spring league here (not all are Baltimore teams, includes DC and Annapolis area teams). http://ghclc.teampages.com/ And know that at this age if you get on a team that is below his talent level, you can always move later on...
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/06/19 12:20 AM
As the previous poster alluded to, there are a number of teams all over MD. Depending on what your looking to get out of the experience, I strongly suggest you understand the mission/objectives of the teams you are looking at. For example, some teams claim they focus on player development, and then the training ends up being some dad who never played but did carry the cones to and from the high school practices whose doing the teaching.

Other clubs are just a money grab (they'll take any player who signs up for a tryout), usually indicated by programs with more than one team at an age group. Be aware of daddy ball (dad coach) which is pretty wide spread in MD. In some cases its not necessarily a bad thing, and in others it is a complete disaster. Some teams will stretch the truth when announcing how one of their teams did on social media (e.g., "Our 2025 team won the AA division championship at "Y" tournament", but there was only one division with teams that played in the "B" division in the GHCLC spring league). Maryland is in the midst of going through some changes in the club scene with national brands coming into the state the past few years (e.g., 91, Express, 3d, True, etc).

If you can get historical data on the GHCLC division standings, it will give you a pretty good idea of year over year changes in competition level (division moves) and records, which could be an indicator of things good or bad.

With all that being said, I have heard positive things about Team 91, FCA, Looney's and Breakers. Good luck in your search!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/06/19 02:17 AM
That's why I came on here because honestly need to avoid daddy ball, lies, etc. This is my youngest and I've done the club circuit scene for 15 years now so I've seen it all and want a nice team for a solid 2025- not a phenomenal one. Stick skills will be behind an East Coast kid for sure so would prefer for him not to detest lacrosse by eighth grade. I don't think he would make Team 91 from what I have heard so thank you for all the advice and honesty. Really appreciated.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/06/19 09:10 AM
The first question I would have for you is what area do you live? No need to drive a long way to practices these days.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/06/19 03:27 PM
Heard good things about Breakers?? Lol. Like what?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/07/19 10:04 PM
Heard good things about Breakers?? Lol. Like what?

They charge huge sums and play in their own tournaments. Thats good for Director
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/19 03:23 PM
Just curious, a kid playing on a 2025 team turning 14 in September. Is that a double holdback or is my math incorrect?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/13/19 05:09 PM
Just curious, a kid playing on a 2025 team turning 14 in September. Is that a double holdback or is my math incorrect?

in new york where the age cut off is is dec, yes. In md where the cuttoff is sept. no. he would be a single.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/30/19 08:01 PM

Here are teams that are registered for East Qualifier as of this past weekend:

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/02/19 05:10 PM
B level teams
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/03/19 02:14 AM

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star

Age based so No Holdbacks, which translate into meaning B level teams. WSYL has lost its shine with all the grade based holdback tournaments.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/14/19 03:43 PM
Agreed on the holdback statement. If you take away that noise, your simply have the best teams out there who are on age, which is what you want. It doesn't mean that these teams are bad, they are just on age. My son's team has played Cannon's Gold and they are a pretty good team for their age, no glaring weaknesses. I think we will see a couple of these teams in some tournaments over the next few weeks. I'm pleasantly surprised who I haven't seen on this list, which tells me that they have holdbacks, which honestly puts a more positive perspective on my son's team's performance over the last year, as its' been a tough one from a win/loss perspective but an eye-opener from the need to put more off-season fitness training into place.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/14/19 06:15 PM

- Team 91 MD
- Cannons Gold
- True Maryland
- BBL Elite
- Tribal SJ
- Tri-state
- Mad Dog East
- TEAM Lacrosse
- 3d Garden State
- Blue Star

When is this?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/15/19 02:45 AM
Agreed on the holdback statement. If you take away that noise, your simply have the best teams out there who are on age, which is what you want. It doesn't mean that these teams are bad, they are just on age. My son's team has played Cannon's Gold and they are a pretty good team for their age, no glaring weaknesses. I think we will see a couple of these teams in some tournaments over the next few weeks. I'm pleasantly surprised who I haven't seen on this list, which tells me that they have holdbacks, which honestly puts a more positive perspective on my son's team's performance over the last year, as its' been a tough one from a win/loss perspective but an eye-opener from the need to put more off-season fitness training into place.

The more holdbacks you have the more wins you have at 9th grade and below. Frankly even at High School club teams by grade , being a holdback is an advantage, just not as big as before puberty hit.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/15/19 06:16 PM
There is always rec.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/16/19 12:33 AM
There is always rec.

That is where majority of holdbacks would be playing on age !
Posted By: RLangway Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/16/19 07:55 PM

in new york where the age cut off is is dec, yes. In md where the cuttoff is sept. no. he would be a single.

Why doesn't everyone just follow USL Rules? - https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/default/files/public/documents/rules/age-group-chart-2019-2020.pdf
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/17/19 11:39 AM
Originally Posted by RLangway

Why doesn't everyone just follow USL Rules? - https://www.uslacrosse.org/sites/default/files/public/documents/rules/age-group-chart-2019-2020.pdf

How would that give a select group of children an advantage that do prefirst or heldback/reclass ??

It just doesnt work for them. Nor does it give clubs that have lots of holdback any advantage.

Youth is about giving select players an advantage. Get with the times.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/17/19 10:21 PM
Funny how times have changed. My birthday is October, I went away to college as a 17 year old. Now kids are starting school at 20. Holdback, double holdback, reclassify, repeat 9th grade, repeat 6th grade. It’s insane. At the end of all this nonsense, if your son is the greatest player on the planet, he will work at a lacrosse camp or maybe make 14 grand in the MLL. No thanks. My kid will graduate age appropriate and then go to college, then get a job.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/18/19 12:10 AM
Funny how times have changed. My birthday is October, I went away to college as a 17 year old. Now kids are starting school at 20. Holdback, double holdback, reclassify, repeat 9th grade, repeat 6th grade. It’s insane. At the end of all this nonsense, if your son is the greatest player on the planet, he will work at a lacrosse camp or maybe make 14 grand in the MLL. No thanks. My kid will graduate age appropriate and then go to college, then get a job.

Times have changed for sure. Years ago anyone playing down in age like holdbacks/prefirst/reclass would have been embarrassed to show their face on the field. It was either play on age or play up.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/18/19 12:47 AM
There is always rec.

There is always holding him back another year if the first one doesn't work.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/29/19 04:19 PM
Tourney Machine shows that BLC beat the Hawks by 1, and then lost by 6 to the Cannons this weekend. Is that right?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/30/19 12:39 AM
Tourney Machine shows that BLC beat the Hawks by 1, and then lost by 6 to the Cannons this weekend. Is that right?

Its Fall..Dont get excited.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/30/19 02:30 PM
Score was incorrectly posted. Other way around.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/30/19 02:40 PM
Score was incorrectly posted. Other way around.

That makes more sense.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/03/19 02:33 PM
Do any Northern Virginia kids play in MD teams?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/11/19 09:15 PM
Do any Northern Virginia kids play in MD teams?

Yes, there are some that travel to MD teams.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/13/20 07:27 PM
i heard koopers isnt fielding a team at this age group. anyone know why?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/17/20 06:54 PM
Any changes to the HOCO divisions from last year?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/17/20 07:31 PM
Divisions wont be out for weeks, but I would think they are the same.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/18/20 04:56 PM
Any thoughts on Crabs moving to Elite since they won AAA last year? If so, who would be bumped down to AAA?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/19/20 02:25 PM
More than likely Crabs will go up, they earned it. Looneys, Cannons or Next Level should go down. Probably Cannons. Should be interesting at the elite level this year. Top 2 are tough and then the middle 2-3 can upset every once in a while. Will be tough for the Crabs, but they can see where they stand.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/19/20 03:59 PM
More than likely Crabs will go up, they earned it. Looneys, Cannons or Next Level should go down. Probably Cannons. Should be interesting at the elite level this year. Top 2 are tough and then the middle 2-3 can upset every once in a while. Will be tough for the Crabs, but they can see where they stand.

Cannons beat NL and Looneys
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/19/20 08:13 PM

I saw NL play in the fall, they are much better than last year, no way they go down, they may actually challenge for #1
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/20/20 01:53 PM

I saw NL play in the fall, they are much better than last year, no way they go down, they may actually challenge for #1

Well they went 0-7 last year in Elite with a goal differential of -40. Fall means nothing. They should go down if anyone does.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/20/20 01:55 PM

0-7 to top of the standings? Sounds a tad ambitious.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/28/20 11:31 PM
WSYL teams for the East Qualifier...

https://worldseriesofyouthlacrosse.leagueapps.com/tournaments/1220674/standings
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 02/29/20 01:35 AM
Team 91 will dominate this.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/09/20 12:41 PM
FCA picked up some new players, a much better team than last year. Beat up on Crabs yesterday.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/09/20 02:06 PM
Considering that everyone seems to be beating up on Crabs since the fall that's not really saying much.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/09/20 02:22 PM
Considering that everyone seems to be beating up on Crabs since the fall that's not really saying much.

FCA added kids that look like they could play on some '23 teams. Is that better?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/10/20 01:34 PM

FCA added kids that look like they could play on some '23 teams. Is that better?

FCA didn't add anyone to their roster last year. The exact same team that beat the Crabs last year 19-9. It's called puberty.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/10/20 04:38 PM
"FCA added kids that should be playing on some '23 teams." There I fixed it for you.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/10/20 07:28 PM
"FCA added kids that should be playing on some '23 teams." There I fixed it for you.

FCA didn't add any players. No hold back on the team. Thanks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/12/20 01:29 AM
You are delirious... my son is friends with 3 boys on the team who are all holdbacks.... so please try again!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/12/20 11:34 AM
You are delirious... my son is friends with 3 boys on the team who are all holdbacks.... so please try again!

My son is friends with everyone on the team and none of them are holdbacks.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/12/20 01:57 PM
Why is FCA not in the WSYL regional?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/12/20 02:22 PM
Not an FCA paren, but they are probably not in it, because it's a joke and a money grab.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/12/20 04:23 PM
Not an FCA paren, but they are probably not in it, because it's a joke and a money grab.

Wow. Spelling and grammar aren't your thing, huh? At any rate, you speak like the dad of a kid who plays on a team who can only be successful with a number of holdbacks. BTW, every tournament is a money grab. WSYL just grabs money from on-age players and families.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/12/20 09:10 PM
WSYL qualifier probably going to get cancelled anyway due to coronavirus so likely a moot point.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/12/20 11:30 PM

Wow. Spelling and grammar aren't your thing, huh? At any rate, you speak like the dad of a kid who plays on a team who can only be successful with a number of holdbacks. BTW, every tournament is a money grab. WSYL just grabs money from on-age players and families.

Except with WSYL you have to travel to Denver. There is plenty of great competition locally.

Oh and FCA was the US Lacrosse U15 National Chamipions 5x and on ESPN long before the WSYL ever existed.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/13/20 12:24 PM
WSYL may not even happen this year.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/13/20 01:48 PM
WSYL may not even happen this year.
it will be cxled
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/13/20 03:58 PM

Except with WSYL you have to travel to Denver. There is plenty of great competition locally.

Oh and FCA was the US Lacrosse U15 National Chamipions 5x and on ESPN long before the WSYL ever existed.

Was that FCA MD or FCA National? Asking for a friend.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/24/20 12:03 AM
With three of the regions “suspended” due to coronavirus and, in my opinion, the whole event likely to get cancelled, do you think the WSYL would shift to 8th grade age or simply skip the year?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 03/24/20 01:32 PM
With three of the regions “suspended” due to coronavirus and, in my opinion, the whole event likely to get cancelled, do you think the WSYL would shift to 8th grade age or simply skip the year?

I think there is no way teams would want to go do this the summer prior to 9th grade. They will skip a year if they even continue this event. Based on the teams who already qualified, the event is continuing to decline. Outside the LI area, most clubs do not do this event. Next summer, the 2025 class will be included in showcase style events like Under Armor and the IL showcase events.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 05/13/20 03:27 PM
Heard today that practices will be held online with Hogan tournaments pushed back to July and August.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 05/14/20 04:23 PM
Heard today that practices will be held online with Hogan tournaments pushed back to July and August.

Online Practices, Now that will be interesting. If it works could be the way to go for awhile.

Not sure what is online practice? Coach on Zoom telling players and watching as they shoot? Footwork? take a IQ test for Lacrosse ? New world for hopefully a short while
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/26/20 10:29 PM
What is “normal” attrition for a 2025 team. My son’s team had tryouts and half the team was cut and replaced. Is there also that kind of attrition in high school club teams?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/27/20 12:05 AM
About 1/3 or more is normal but these aren't normal times. Without football, hockey or other conflicting sports being up in the air, more kids are coming out for lacrosse. I hope these displaced kids find another team. Attrition in HS teams is less, filling specific, missing roles or kids dropping travel all together.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/27/20 11:21 AM
What is “normal” attrition for a 2025 team. My son’s team had tryouts and half the team was cut and replaced. Is there also that kind of attrition in high school club teams?

I would bet that there were a bunch of holdbacks in there too.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/27/20 07:23 PM

It depends. Depends on coaches, on what families want out of the program, on the amount of loyalty a program has to its returning players and whether they're vested in really developing the players, and other stuff. One 2025 team completely disintegrated last year, while another changed out less than 5% of its roster. There is no one-size-fits-all answer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/27/20 07:24 PM

I would bet that there were a bunch of holdbacks in there too.

Tru dat
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/30/20 05:09 PM
I can imagine there are a larger than usual number of parents holding their children back to repeat 8th grade this year due to COVID.

Do you think there are enough '25's still looking for a place to play to fill another team?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/30/20 10:27 PM
I can imagine there are a larger than usual number of parents holding their children back to repeat 8th grade this year due to COVID.

Do you think there are enough '25's still looking for a place to play to fill another team?
Yes, at crabs. Had that team now plays 26
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 08/31/20 01:05 AM

Yes, at crabs. Half that team now plays 26
How many Crabs 25s are repeating 7th grade?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 09/10/20 02:28 PM
This should be a really interesting division to watch. I know of several players from 2024 Elite teams last year that decided to re-class in August due to COVID-19 and school issues. I am well aware of the holdback debates, and not trying to start a new one. The kids I am referring to were already enrolled in 9th grade and made the decision in late August - so hard to pin that on parents trying to get the holdback advantage - those kids were already enrolled in 8th grade by then.

So it will be hard to judge this age group until we see who is actually on the field. i expect a lot more roster changes than we normally get at the 8th/9th grade groups.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/21/20 12:55 PM
Who would care to rank the 2025 teams at this point? Haven't seen much action for this graduating class. Cannon's Gold was really good a few years ago, but they seemed to have lost strength, or at least have gone down in the U.S. club rankings. Not sure about the Hawks or Madlax, don't know to what extent they have older players playing at this graduation level.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/21/20 02:22 PM
WSYL ranks: Express, 91 MD, BLC, Madlax, HHH, Sweetlax, PT, 3D, 2Way, FCA. Prove this wrong.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/21/20 02:59 PM
WSYL ranks: Express, 91 MD, BLC, Madlax, HHH, Sweetlax, PT, 3D, 2Way, FCA. Prove this wrong.

Don’t have to. This coming weekend will be a better barometer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/21/20 04:01 PM

Don’t have to. This coming weekend will be a better barometer.

Which tournament?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 01:13 AM
I was asking if people would rank just the Maryland 2025 teams at this point, as opposed to whole country.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 12:14 PM
I was asking if people would rank just the Maryland 2025 teams at this point, as opposed to whole country.

People are going crazy that Crabs reclassed 9 kids from their 2025 roster and made them repeat 7th grade. Was there 2025 team good enough they did not need them or bad enough they figured they would cut the kids and try to salvage a 2026 squad without always being embarrassed there. I always heard that Crabs stays good at the expense of kids and parents pride and dignity, but I was wondering about this specific example.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 01:49 PM

People are going crazy that Crabs reclassed 9 kids from their 2025 roster and made them repeat 7th grade. Was there 2025 team good enough they did not need them or bad enough they figured they would cut the kids and try to salvage a 2026 squad without always being embarrassed there. I always heard that Crabs stays good at the expense of kids and parents pride and dignity, but I was wondering about this specific example.
Their 25 and 26 teams were not good. Now their 26 team is better. Pride and dignity mean noting to Crabs parents. It’s the Crabs way. My question is, were the players part of the conversation with their parents when it was decided to hold them back in 7th grade? Did they get a say?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 02:20 PM

How do you know the number is 9?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 04:19 PM
If you’re going to post stuff about another team you should know the facts! There are 3 Crabs 25’s who re-classed, not 9.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 04:56 PM
If you’re going to post stuff about another team you should know the facts! There are 3 Crabs 25’s who re-classed, not 9.

How many were already holdbacks?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 05:08 PM

LOL, like I am going to trust math from someone in the Crabs organization. They can't even get their kids through 7th grade in 1 year
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 06:30 PM
What MD 2025 teams are going to the WSYL now that the WSYL is now in Maryland not Denver? Should we assume that if a MD 2025 team is not there it is due to the fact their 2025 is all holdbacks?
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 06:43 PM
I would think Next Level should be mentioned in the top 5 for MD. They pretty much dominated Fall Hoco and have added a ton of 2024 players. They are definitely not the same team we saw during the summer.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 06:43 PM
BLC doesn’t even have a 2025 team
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/22/20 07:50 PM
Think they become DC Express at this point.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 02:02 PM

So somewhere between 3-9

#13, #50, #21, #42 and the 3 defensemen

That's 7
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 02:21 PM

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

Easy now, don't go get mathematical on them!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 02:52 PM

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7
It might help if they had changed their jersey numbers after reclassing. I mean, you are giving them an extra year of fees, you would think they could afford to give you new numbers.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 03:56 PM

LOL, like I am going to trust math from someone in the Crabs organization. They can't even get their kids through 7th grade in 1 year

Post of the year!
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 04:30 PM

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7
It might help if they had changed their jersey numbers after reclassing. I mean, you are giving them an extra year of fees, you would think they could afford to give you new numbers.

Where do you get your information from? Not that it matters but there are 3 former 2025 players who reclassed to 2026. All were role players on the 25 team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 04:45 PM

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

Where do you get your information from? Not that it matters but there are 3 former 2025 players who reclassed to 2026. All were role players on the 25 team.

Its really easy when the 2026 Rosters were posted with numbers up until this summer. We also played Crabs several times this year or seen them play. And even easier is you watch summer tournament games and you see the 2025 kids play at the same tournament as the 2026's. Nope didnt change jersey number and the 2026/2025 rosters are now blank on the website
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 06:47 PM

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

And let me guess, they didn’t really reclass either right? They were playing up this whole time and are now where they are supposed to be.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 07:37 PM

So somewhere between 3-9

That's 7

And let me guess, they didn’t really reclass either right? They were playing up this whole time and are now where they are supposed to be.

Cool then, making 3 kids repeat a year of school for the sake of lacrosse makes it totally sane and not desperate.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 10/23/20 07:39 PM
one of those players is better than average. he should dominate on 26 team.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region - 11/06/20 07:13 PM
one of those players is better than average. he should dominate on 26 team.

Havent seen that yet.
© Back of THE CAGE