Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
The 4th Annual Girls LI Showcase & Boys UnD1sputed Showcase is Now Open for Registration at www.cblaxers.com | Boys & Girls Long Ireland Lacrosse Tournament Registration Now Open!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous - 02/25/21 09:02 AM
Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 02/25/21 08:48 AM
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 02/25/21 08:39 AM
Girls 2024-9th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 02/25/21 08:34 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,261
Posts282,786
Members2,242
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23
Re: Boys 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
Anonymous #291889 08/27/19 12:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What area? How far are you willing to commute for practice?

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Anonymous #291890 08/27/19 12:54 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
At this age it has nothing to do with being on the best team and everything to do with being on the right team. Playing time is the goal. Can get recruited at a role player.

Kids are leaving because of playing time at the "A" clubs, it has nothing to do with getting recruited to any top 10 D1 school. The owners of these clubs are a bunch of blow holes and will NOT get your kid recruited. My son is on a high level college team and the grades as well as showcases got him in.

Don't you need the owners/coaches recommendation to get invited to most of the good showcases? For instance, Maverick isn't a tryout, that's an invite you get off the rec of club owners. Also, the Under Armour showcase, the coaches making the selections are also coaching 2023 teams so clearly there will be a bias towards that club. The club landscape is a total racquet but part of the reason they wield so much power and drive all of us crazy is because they are the gatekeepers for recruiting.

TM@BOTC #291892 08/27/19 01:25 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are more individual and prospect showcase/camps than an "invite only" showcase. You don't have to hang your son's college playing experience on a club coach.

Anonymous #291893 08/27/19 01:29 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this age it has nothing to do with being on the best team and everything to do with being on the right team. Playing time is the goal. Can get recruited at a role player.

Kids are leaving because of playing time at the "A" clubs, it has nothing to do with getting recruited to any top 10 D1 school. The owners of these clubs are a bunch of blow holes and will NOT get your kid recruited. My son is on a high level college team and the grades as well as showcases got him in.

Don't you need the owners/coaches recommendation to get invited to most of the good showcases? For instance, Maverick isn't a tryout, that's an invite you get off the rec of club owners. Also, the Under Armour showcase, the coaches making the selections are also coaching 2023 teams so clearly there will be a bias towards that club. The club landscape is a total racquet but part of the reason they wield so much power and drive all of us crazy is because they are the gatekeepers for recruiting.

save your money. showcases are complete money grabs. pick 4-5 schools that interest your child and attend there prospect days. if they reach out to your high school coach then you know there is interest. if head coach grabs your Childs ear after prospect day then you know there really interested in your child. best of luck and enjoy the ride

Anonymous #291919 08/28/19 08:58 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the B teams of clubs have open spaces.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #291927 08/28/19 11:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Recommendations please for any 2023 clubs that still have open spots?
My son is relatively new lacrosse player but a good athlete (football/basketball). He played middle school lacrosse as a midfielder and had some success and really enjoyed it. He would like to play travel for the first time this year. I understand I’m late to the game but are any clubs considering supplemental tryouts?
Thanks for any leads.

Someone should jump all over this opportunity. I was talking to a friend this morning at school practice for another sport and he was saying how his son who first played lacrosse last spring in middle school loves lacrosse now. There should be clinics/camps for this age and older for kids/athletes who have just found lacrosse. Most clinics I see are for younger kids however I think there is a market for new older kids leaving other sports to play lacrosse. There is a FLG ad that keeps showing up on my facebook that has kids going around cones and stuff but its for 8th grade and younger. I guarantee there would be a market for basic lacrosse skills for 9th graders and older.

Queue the comments now on how its too late to start lacrosse at 9th grade. Please don't bother as coaches want to see athletes at any age instead of the non athlete with great stick skills from 8 years of club lacrosse.

Anonymous #291932 08/28/19 01:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is relatively new lacrosse player but a good athlete (football/basketball). He played middle school lacrosse as a midfielder and had some success and really enjoyed it. He would like to play travel for the first time this year. I understand I’m late to the game but are any clubs considering supplemental tryouts?
Thanks for any leads.

Someone should jump all over this opportunity. I was talking to a friend this morning at school practice for another sport and he was saying how his son who first played lacrosse last spring in middle school loves lacrosse now. There should be clinics/camps for this age and older for kids/athletes who have just found lacrosse. Most clinics I see are for younger kids however I think there is a market for new older kids leaving other sports to play lacrosse. There is a FLG ad that keeps showing up on my facebook that has kids going around cones and stuff but its for 8th grade and younger. I guarantee there would be a market for basic lacrosse skills for 9th graders and older.

Queue the comments now on how its too late to start lacrosse at 9th grade. Please don't bother as coaches want to see athletes at any age instead of the non athlete with great stick skills from 8 years of club lacrosse.

I agree. We'll start seeing the late bloomers catching up and surpassing the early studs. Someone could make a fortune starting training specific clinics for High Schoolers. Advanced IQ, dodging-feeding, tricks, etc

Anonymous #291936 08/28/19 03:12 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for any leads.

Where do you live?

TM@BOTC #291951 08/29/19 04:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the SYAG Dad and his Minions go this year? They didn't land here, so that's good.

Anonymous #291958 08/29/19 08:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m the dad of the beginning lax player. We live in northern Nassau county. Willing to travel for a good oppportunity but prefer not to go all the way out east. . Thanks for suggestions.

Sponsored Links
Anonymous #291962 08/29/19 10:22 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for any leads.

I agree. We'll start seeing the late bloomers catching up and surpassing the early studs. Someone could make a fortune starting training specific clinics for High Schoolers. Advanced IQ, dodging-feeding, tricks, etc

It's a niche market and not enough opportunity to make a profit especially as it would be 1-2 players across many towns and these kids parents are probably not as nuts as we all have been for x number of years with the traveling. If the kids a great athlete then he will pick up the sport fairly quickly.

TM@BOTC #291963 08/29/19 10:26 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m the dad of the beginning lax player. We live in northern Nassau county. Willing to travel for a good oppportunity but prefer not to go all the way out east. . Thanks for suggestions.

If your son is a really good athlete then find a solid B team so that he can get playing time and the coaches play everyone a bit more evenly. Having he stick in his hand in practice and, more important, games will is critical and he may not get as many touches if he were to be put on an A team. If he is a freak athlete then maybe but let's assume he is a great athlete for your purpose. Try contacting Igloo, S2S or Express who all operate in/around the area you live. Tryouts are over so they will likely invite you to attend one of their practices to see how good / what potential your son has. Good luck.

Anonymous #291965 08/29/19 11:56 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the SYAG Dad and his Minions go this year? They didn't land here, so that's good.

Oh look his #1 fan is back! Hope you had a nice summer! We missed you on here repeating yourself about old news. It’s been at minimum a year and you are STILL talking about him. Your obsession is top notch bizarre.

Anonymous #291968 08/29/19 01:03 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh look his #1 fan is back! Hope you had a nice summer! We missed you on here repeating yourself about old news. It’s been at minimum a year and you are STILL talking about him. Your obsession is top notch bizarre.

Sounds like a nerve was pinched. Like everything on here is current news?

Anonymous #291977 08/29/19 03:40 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like a nerve was pinched. Like everything on here is current news?

My nerves are perfect thanks for the concern though. It just is odd the amount of times you mention one person over and over. You sound like a bitter ex girlfriend who hasn’t gotten over the break up. It’s weird dude.

Page 6 of 23 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 22 23

Link Copied to Clipboard