BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: Boys 2023-9th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Recommendations please for any 2023 clubs that still have open spots?
My son is relatively new lacrosse player but a good athlete (football/basketball). He played middle school lacrosse as a midfielder and had some success and really enjoyed it. He would like to play travel for the first time this year. I understand I’m late to the game but are any clubs considering supplemental tryouts?
Thanks for any leads.

Someone should jump all over this opportunity. I was talking to a friend this morning at school practice for another sport and he was saying how his son who first played lacrosse last spring in middle school loves lacrosse now. There should be clinics/camps for this age and older for kids/athletes who have just found lacrosse. Most clinics I see are for younger kids however I think there is a market for new older kids leaving other sports to play lacrosse. There is a FLG ad that keeps showing up on my facebook that has kids going around cones and stuff but its for 8th grade and younger. I guarantee there would be a market for basic lacrosse skills for 9th graders and older.

Queue the comments now on how its too late to start lacrosse at 9th grade. Please don't bother as coaches want to see athletes at any age instead of the non athlete with great stick skills from 8 years of club lacrosse.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is relatively new lacrosse player but a good athlete (football/basketball). He played middle school lacrosse as a midfielder and had some success and really enjoyed it. He would like to play travel for the first time this year. I understand I’m late to the game but are any clubs considering supplemental tryouts?
Thanks for any leads.

Someone should jump all over this opportunity. I was talking to a friend this morning at school practice for another sport and he was saying how his son who first played lacrosse last spring in middle school loves lacrosse now. There should be clinics/camps for this age and older for kids/athletes who have just found lacrosse. Most clinics I see are for younger kids however I think there is a market for new older kids leaving other sports to play lacrosse. There is a FLG ad that keeps showing up on my facebook that has kids going around cones and stuff but its for 8th grade and younger. I guarantee there would be a market for basic lacrosse skills for 9th graders and older.

Queue the comments now on how its too late to start lacrosse at 9th grade. Please don't bother as coaches want to see athletes at any age instead of the non athlete with great stick skills from 8 years of club lacrosse.

I agree. We'll start seeing the late bloomers catching up and surpassing the early studs. Someone could make a fortune starting training specific clinics for High Schoolers. Advanced IQ, dodging-feeding, tricks, etc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for any leads.

Where do you live?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the SYAG Dad and his Minions go this year? They didn't land here, so that's good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m the dad of the beginning lax player. We live in northern Nassau county. Willing to travel for a good oppportunity but prefer not to go all the way out east. . Thanks for suggestions.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for any leads.

I agree. We'll start seeing the late bloomers catching up and surpassing the early studs. Someone could make a fortune starting training specific clinics for High Schoolers. Advanced IQ, dodging-feeding, tricks, etc

It's a niche market and not enough opportunity to make a profit especially as it would be 1-2 players across many towns and these kids parents are probably not as nuts as we all have been for x number of years with the traveling. If the kids a great athlete then he will pick up the sport fairly quickly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m the dad of the beginning lax player. We live in northern Nassau county. Willing to travel for a good oppportunity but prefer not to go all the way out east. . Thanks for suggestions.

If your son is a really good athlete then find a solid B team so that he can get playing time and the coaches play everyone a bit more evenly. Having he stick in his hand in practice and, more important, games will is critical and he may not get as many touches if he were to be put on an A team. If he is a freak athlete then maybe but let's assume he is a great athlete for your purpose. Try contacting Igloo, S2S or Express who all operate in/around the area you live. Tryouts are over so they will likely invite you to attend one of their practices to see how good / what potential your son has. Good luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where did the SYAG Dad and his Minions go this year? They didn't land here, so that's good.

Oh look his #1 fan is back! Hope you had a nice summer! We missed you on here repeating yourself about old news. It’s been at minimum a year and you are STILL talking about him. Your obsession is top notch bizarre.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh look his #1 fan is back! Hope you had a nice summer! We missed you on here repeating yourself about old news. It’s been at minimum a year and you are STILL talking about him. Your obsession is top notch bizarre.

Sounds like a nerve was pinched. Like everything on here is current news?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My nerves are perfect thanks for the concern though. It just is odd the amount of times you mention one person over and over. You sound like a bitter ex girlfriend who hasn’t gotten over the break up. It’s weird dude.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My nerves are perfect thanks for the concern though. It just is odd the amount of times you mention one person over and over. You sound like a bitter ex girlfriend who hasn’t gotten over the break up. It’s weird dude.

You ever think it's not the same person. Sounds like your group crossed a lot of people out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How much are you charging him for all that space he’s renting in your head? On a serious note, cowardice is an ugly personality trait. I’ve learned more about you than I have about him from your posts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You ever think it's not the same person. Sounds like your group crossed a lot of people out there.

Nah. It’s the same spineless fool who only has keyboard courage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Try S2S. There B team is fairly new. They may have spots. Igloo may be another good option but have been around longer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nah. It’s the same spineless fool who only has keyboard courage.

"Nah"? Spoken by a true little man... Listen, my car needs washing!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anybody know about 9D1's new JV combo team Spartans?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No idea. But If they did a supplemental to form the team. Ask questions. Is it two grades, etc?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No idea. But If they did a supplemental to form the team. Ask questions. Is it two grades, etc?

From what I heard, was a 2023 team that did poorly last year. They dropped some dead weight, but were unable to pick up better 2023's so they are looking to pick up 2022's and play in the JV brackets. Unless they get some decent 22's, they are gonna get smoked gain this year. However the NCC headcoach has come onboard to right the ship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear about the secret clinics some of the coaches are running to attract the kids at other clubs so they can form a JV showcase team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear about the secret clinics some of the coaches are running to attract the kids at other clubs so they can form a JV showcase team?

Where can you find info on this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where can you find info on this?

From friends. It’s not public, but I guess this is the times because players aren’t getting enough from their clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy saying the Bandits were all on "WSYL age", are you joking??? LOL!! That was two seasons ago! In the last two years, they've picked up 6-7 holdbacks from 3 different states! That's why 6-7 kids that have been on that team for years had to quit. Express has holdbacks too, but not as many and they're not nearly as good. No one is beating that "National" team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To the guy saying the Bandits were all on "WSYL age", are you joking??? LOL!! That was two seasons ago! In the last two years, they've picked up 6-7 holdbacks from 3 different states! That's why 6-7 kids that have been on that team for years had to quit. Express has holdbacks too, but not as many and they're not nearly as good. No one is beating that "National" team.

Explain the NLF Championship results. Save the "not all the kids were there" excuse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Explain the NLF Championship results. Save the "not all the kids were there" excuse.

So Many good teams at this age results will vary i was actually suprised 91 won so many tournaments this summer and was happy express finally won a big tournament

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's quiet spancky. What gives? Haven't you heard the news?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi. Any one have experience with NCSA recruiting services?
I don’t know anything about them but they contacted me. Appreciate any insight because I don’t know anything about the recruiting world. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know anything about them but they contacted me. Appreciate any insight because I don’t know anything about the recruiting world. Thank you.

Too young for 2023. You have a good year before you need to do anything from a recruiting perspective. Colleges are on the very tail end of the 2020 and in deep with the 2021. They will be looking at the 2022 this Fall and ramp up in the summer ahead of September of next year. No reason to so anything significant recruiting wise for 2023 because the colleges are actually happy about the new rules as it allows them to look at the boys closer to their full size and pretty much after every boy has done most of their growing.

As for recruiting services, some are better than others but many of them do the similar things. Give you a venue to put your profile such as grades, video, etc. and allow you to email coaches. My personal view is it is better to email the coach using your own email than through the recruiting service and you can pretty easily get all the college coaches contacts via the college team website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worth the money at all. The information is all available for free. Coaches do not hide email addresses. the only teams that will contact you are ones that really will take almost any player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worth the money at all. The information is all available for free. Coaches do not hide email addresses. the only teams that will contact you are ones that really will take almost any player.

You actually need as site to store videos, news, grades, etc. These companies help manage it all in one place for you where a coach can get a glimpse of your background. I highly recommend it.

Back of THE CAGE
Online Content
Back of THE CAGE

You actually need as site to store videos, news, grades, etc. These companies help manage it all in one place for you where a coach can get a glimpse of your background. I highly recommend it.

It is easy to have everything in one place. Our club pays for a site for all of the girls to use. I just posted my daughter's highlight videos to Youtube and link them there. If the club didn't pay for the site, I'm not sure I'd pay on my own - she just includes a link to the youtube video in her emails to coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL! You’re information is so wrong. Why are you on here talking like you know? Completely wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL! You’re information is so wrong. Why are you on here talking like you know? Completely wrong.

What specifically about the information provided is wrong?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by cltlax

It is easy to have everything in one place. Our club pays for a site for all of the girls to use. I just posted my daughter's highlight videos to Youtube and link them there. If the club didn't pay for the site, I'm not sure I'd pay on my own - she just includes a link to the youtube video in her emails to coaches.

Agree with the poster above there are far cheaper places to create and store a profile than NCSA. The will also claim to give you a recruiting coordinator that does nothing. Also you will get bombarded from programs that you will most likely have zero interest in. Grand Canyon, Beloit, Uof Dallas. There are many sites that are free or close to free that do the same thing. Key is to target the schools that your son is interested in and have HIM sent the emails and video. Also attend the prospect days. No need to waste money on NCSA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. Some kids had to go play on teams from other states because of the new additions to the Bandits. Kids are trying to keep up with the national presence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True. Some kids had to go play on teams from other states because of the new additions to the Bandits. Kids are trying to keep up with the national presence.

Kids get sold a bag of goods and then don't get the playing time they want. If they want to go drive down the Jersey Pike, then let them. They'll have plenty of time on the field and in the car. To each his own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here's some wrong info:
JS has a fake tan.
JS has fake white teeth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids get sold a bag of goods and then don't get the playing time they want. If they want to go drive down the Jersey Pike, then let them. They'll have plenty of time on the field and in the car. To each his own.
s

This age is always fun. Some kids are men and some are still boys. There is the disparity talent. Puberty will quite often win summer tournaments

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t know anything about them but they contacted me. Appreciate any insight because I don’t know anything about the recruiting world. Thank you. [/quote]

[/quote]

You actually need as site to store videos, news, grades, etc. These companies help manage it all in one place for you where a coach can get a glimpse of your background. I highly recommend it.[/quote]

[/quote]

Believe these are major money grabs but it does matter who your club coach is and what type of college connections they have to get your son noticed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

[/quote]

You actually need as site to store videos, news, grades, etc. These companies help manage it all in one place for you where a coach can get a glimpse of your background. I highly recommend it.[/quote]

[/quote]

Believe these are major money grabs but it does matter who your club coach is and what type of college connections they have to get your son noticed [/quote]
You don't need a service to accomplish what they already do. The only reason someone would want it is to have a direct connection to the college coaches which none of them do. Every school has a lacrosse page with all the coaches information. A few schools may not give phone numbers but most will have emails. When you email a coach share video which you can do through a youtube link so no need to store on a service and make sure to tell them what club / HS team you play for, where you will be, when you will be there. You should give your grades and, too early, but standardized test scores if you are satisfied with the grade. When you get close to a tournament, showcase or prospect day, make sure to email the coach again and give them your jersey number and schedule of you have it. The easier you make it for them to find you the better chance you have them to see you. It does help to have a club or HS coach that is connected and respected and doesn't advocate in a bias manner. What I mean is some kids are good enough to play at Duke and others are not. There is a school for everyone, especially if you are playing high level lacrosse, but your coach shouldn't contact Duke if your son is not good enough. He loses credibility for the next kid he recommends.

All this is way too soon anyway as the boys have a good year to get bigger, better and stronger before it will really matter for this age group. You will be surprised how much some of the smaller kids catch up in a year. Much more fun to watch.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My buddy in Philly told me one of the Brotherly Love Zeus 2023 kids Lucca DiBartolomeo is battling lymphoma. For those interested in helping every little bit helps. The best thing about this game is the community

Page 3 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard