BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 54 of 58 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Re: Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a Terps fan, but following their social media, they have (GREAT) players that been gone from CP for 4-10 years talking about what a great place it is. I don't think that resonates with High School Juniors. Tradition is important, but that should not be the only thing highlighted. There are no Terps left that have a ring, and it is a tall hill to climb to get back there. If kids want the best chance of winning a ring, or even getting to a final 4, Maryland is no longer THE place. In 4 short years Maryland has dropped from a Top 1-4 program to a Top 5-10, and the gap is widening.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hard to believe that TC couldn’t get her McD player to go to her own alma mater.
Rumor is that she was MD all the way til she wasn't. Jenny is either a snake charmer, UMD didnt do enough to sell her or she just changed her mind.

This is almost identical to another rumor i heard regarding another McD player from the 2022 class who was all MD until she wasn't and opted to go south to chapel hill. very troubling if i'm a MD fan, alumn or booster

That was never true. UMD wasn’t in the final running due to academics.
Among other reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm a Terps fan, but following their social media, they have (GREAT) players that been gone from CP for 4-10 years talking about what a great place it is. I don't think that resonates with High School Juniors. Tradition is important, but that should not be the only thing highlighted. There are no Terps left that have a ring, and it is a tall hill to climb to get back there. If kids want the best chance of winning a ring, or even getting to a final 4, Maryland is no longer THE place. In 4 short years Maryland has dropped from a Top 1-4 program to a Top 5-10, and the gap is widening.
I was going to write something almost identical to this, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I love MD being the top dog and stringing together championships year after year. It was almost one of the rites of spring. But those days are almost certainly over.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in SC, not far from Clemson. I’m sure they give a great pitch and tour with new facilities. And the weather is fabulous! But keep in mind this is the Deep South where the state legislators have basically outlawed abortion (6 week ban), antisemitism is rampant and far right Christians rule the roost. If this is your thing, Clemson’s for you. I have no affiliation with U Md, just perusing this site and struck by the glorifying of Clemson.
I really detest to response as myself and everyone else on here dont want to discuss this on a chat room to smack talk about lacrosse but I can’t let this go.
First, I am sorry for your experience but as a Jew and a Clemson grad I have a few things to say.
1. who in the heck just peruses a Maryland girls lacrosse chat site with no ties to Maryland or lacrosse, I assume you are lying or really need to find a hobby
2. I never experienced anything like that while I was there, however the Jewish population was, and I think still is, pretty small. What i did see is just people who didn’t have much exposure to diversity and had lots of questions that led to great conversations.
3. I am pretty sure that this audience is more concerned with their daughters overall safety and the fact that the crime rate in Clemson is SIGNIFICANTLY less than PG county and college park versus their ability to get an abortion at Clemson after heartbeat as they can drive 45 minutes to North Carolina or fly home if that’s their choice
4. Your comment lumped far right christians ruling the roost as a whole is more offensive and insulting to a religion than anything I have ever heard there in my years. You want change, run for office and stay off chatroooms

Shana Tova (happy new year for the non Jews)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I live in SC, not far from Clemson. I’m sure they give a great pitch and tour with new facilities. And the weather is fabulous! But keep in mind this is the Deep South where the state legislators have basically outlawed abortion (6 week ban), antisemitism is rampant and far right Christians rule the roost. If this is your thing, Clemson’s for you. I have no affiliation with U Md, just perusing this site and struck by the glorifying of Clemson.
I really detest to response as myself and everyone else on here dont want to discuss this on a chat room to smack talk about lacrosse but I can’t let this go.
First, I am sorry for your experience but as a Jew and a Clemson grad I have a few things to say.
1. who in the heck just peruses a Maryland girls lacrosse chat site with no ties to Maryland or lacrosse, I assume you are lying or really need to find a hobby
2. I never experienced anything like that while I was there, however the Jewish population was, and I think still is, pretty small. What i did see is just people who didn’t have much exposure to diversity and had lots of questions that led to great conversations.
3. I am pretty sure that this audience is more concerned with their daughters overall safety and the fact that the crime rate in Clemson is SIGNIFICANTLY less than PG county and college park versus their ability to get an abortion at Clemson after heartbeat as they can drive 45 minutes to North Carolina or fly home if that’s their choice
4. Your comment lumped far right christians ruling the roost as a whole is more offensive and insulting to a religion than anything I have ever heard there in my years. You want change, run for office and stay off chatroooms

Shana Tova (happy new year for the non Jews)

Your assessment of Clemson is far more accurate than the other... except that it's about an hour to the NC state line and maybe 20 or so minutes more to actual civilization.

As for the original post, it's pretty much a joke. That overstated and embellished story is one frequently heard from transplants who realize that southerners aren't impressed with how they did it "up north."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha, now this is a North South battle... bunch of clowns on here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s funny.
BC , UNC , Northwestern are the only teams consistently in the Final 4.
Jmu won one championship. Syracuse has made couple final 4.

You might be right by the top tier is still only 4 teams which most girls could never play at.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha, now this is a North South battle... bunch of clowns on here

Judging by recent Clemson commitments, there isn't even a battle...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TERP NATION saying it for the keyboard warriors in their mom’s basement

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hard to believe that TC couldn’t get her McD player to go to her own alma mater.
Rumor is that she was MD all the way til she wasn't. Jenny is either a snake charmer, UMD didnt do enough to sell her or she just changed her mind.

This is almost identical to another rumor i heard regarding another McD player from the 2022 class who was all MD until she wasn't and opted to go south to chapel hill. very troubling if i'm a MD fan, alumn or booster

This is completely false.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is completely false.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC keeps racking up the elite talent and MD just keeps being okay…….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s funny.

You might be right by the top tier is still only 4 teams which most girls could never play at.

That’s funny.

Do you even know women’s lacrosse?? Syracuse has made more than a couple final 4. They have made more appearances then BC

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Syracuse has made more final fours then BC..lol a couple.. ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Or narrow it down to the Championships where BC has played in the last 6, in those 6 Cuse has made it once

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Check in this recruting class lifetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have ALL been in this recruiting class lifetime.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fight! Fight! Fight!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
#1 Spalding girl going to Notre Dame

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have ALL been in this recruiting class lifetime.

Since 2008 (the Recruiting Class's Lifetime)
Maryland (12 FF, 8 Finals, 5 Rings)
Northwestern (11 FF, 6 Finals, 5 Rings)
North Carolina ( 10 FF, 5 Finals, 3 Rings)
BC (6 FF, 6 Finals, 1 Ring)
JMU( 1 FF, 1 Final, 1 Ring)
Cuse (9 FF, 3 Finals)
Duke (3 FF, No Finals)
Penn (2 FF, 1 Final)
Penn State (2 FF, No Finals)
Denver, UVA, Florida, Navy (1 FF Each, No Finals)

Cuse has more Finals 4s, but BC has 3 More Championship Games, and the 1 Ring

Since these HS Juniors were born only 13 schools have made a Final 4, and 4 of those made only 1 and no Finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the info Mom & Dad! Funny you think this is news that everyone on here needs to hear vs seeing it on the commitment notifications elsewhere like everyone else’s commitment news. Modesty is a nice character trait btw!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for the info Mom & Dad! Funny you think this is news that everyone on here needs to hear vs seeing it on the commitment notifications elsewhere like everyone else’s commitment news. Modesty is a nice character trait btw!

Someone’s bitter.

We were talking about how MD struggling to get hometown kids, seems prettty relevant to the discussion. She was the last top local kid available.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

We were talking about how MD struggling to get hometown kids, seems prettty relevant to the discussion. She was the last top local kid available.
Just because they’re not on the rankings list that this forum holds so near and dear to its heart, there are plenty of top local girls taking their time on official visits.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

Just because they’re not on the rankings list that this forum holds so near and dear to its heart, there are plenty of top local girls taking their time on official visits.
THIS^^^^^

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

She is a local student, yes, MD will sign some very good players but you want to keep her, and the Clemson commit home. Period.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

Taking their time or waiting for better offers and higher ranked schools ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations! Awesome and don't let the haters bring you down!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

THIS^^^^^

Big10 freshman of the year for 2023 was not ranked by IL in 2022 she was "on the rise". And only 4 local talent from the 2022 class had significant PT and contributed to their respective programs (and one of those players wasn't ranked or on the rise by IL). The player rankings mean nothing once you head off to college. Good luck to the class of 2025 during their recruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UNC keeps racking up the elite talent and MD just keeps being okay…….
Good for UNC but I would love to see how Levy is going to balance the last 3 years of a top recruiting class. It looks like they have secured 19 4/5 star recruits (I know rankings don't matter fully but its all we got until they play) and that doesn't count the fact that 2024 didn't name 4 star recruits so it could be even higher. These girls are used to starting and/or playing the majority of games and being the go to with the ball. In addition, these 18 girls will also be competing with the coaches daughter for a spot on the starting lineup.
I can only assume that the transfer portal will be pretty alive in the coming years with some very good talent who aren't willing to commit hours and hours to a sport that they love to not actually play much

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations! Awesome and don't let the haters bring you down!

Well deserved! The only haters are jealous Spalding parents who think their daughter is a top D1 commit

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

THIS^^^^^

Big10 freshman of the year for 2023 was not ranked by IL in 2022 she was "on the rise". And only 4 local talent from the 2022 class had significant PT and contributed to their respective programs (and one of those players wasn't ranked or on the rise by IL). The player rankings mean nothing once you head off to college. Good luck to the class of 2025 during their recruiting process.

How many programs have won a championship that didn't have highly ranked players? This idea that rankings don't mean anything is pushed by people like you who are salty their kids never got recognized. Rankings aren't going to be perfect. But there is a reason why the same schools keep making it to championship weekend. There is a direct correlation with Maryland's decline and their inability to land top talent. So when people are bringing it up it's because it is the reality. We can all see it. Trying to convince yourself that some unranked girl will somehow be the savior of the program is a fallacy. Is this what the once great terps nation resorted to? grasping at straws? Its not hard to identify talent in lacrosse at the higj school level. Everyone knows who's good. If you're Maryland you have to be competing with your rivals to land top talent. Especially from your own state. No ifs ands or buts about it. Unranked or low ranked players who turn out to be elite are the exception, not the norm.

Wanna know what schools have "just because they arent ranked doesnt mean they arent good" type players? Virginia Tech. Arizona State. Ohio State. Tell me when any of these teams will sniff a championship? never. But good to know this is where the pride of Maryland womens lacrosse has become. Being happy with being being Mid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

THIS^^^^^

How many programs have won a championship that didn't have highly ranked players? This idea that rankings don't mean anything is pushed by people like you who are salty their kids never got recognized. Rankings aren't going to be perfect. But there is a reason why the same schools keep making it to championship weekend. There is a direct correlation with Maryland's decline and their inability to land top talent. So when people are bringing it up it's because it is the reality. We can all see it. Trying to convince yourself that some unranked girl will somehow be the savior of the program is a fallacy. Is this what the once great terps nation resorted to? grasping at straws? Its not hard to identify talent in lacrosse at the high school level. Everyone knows who's good. If you're Maryland you have to be competing with your rivals to land top talent. Especially from your own state. No ifs ands or buts about it. Unranked or low ranked players who turn out to be elite are the exception, not the norm.

Wanna know what schools have "just because they arent ranked doesnt mean they arent good" type players? Virginia Tech. Arizona State. Ohio State. Tell me when any of these teams will sniff a championship? never. But good to know this is where the pride of Maryland womens lacrosse has become. Being happy with being being Mid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

THIS^^^^^

How many programs have won a championship that didn't have highly ranked players? This idea that rankings don't mean anything is pushed by people like you who are salty their kids never got recognized. Rankings aren't going to be perfect. But there is a reason why the same schools keep making it to championship weekend. There is a direct correlation with Maryland's decline and their inability to land top talent. So when people are bringing it up it's because it is the reality. We can all see it. Trying to convince yourself that some unranked girl will somehow be the savior of the program is a fallacy. Is this what the once great terps nation resorted to? grasping at straws? Its not hard to identify talent in lacrosse at the higj school level. Everyone knows who's good. If you're Maryland you have to be competing with your rivals to land top talent. Especially from your own state. No ifs ands or buts about it. Unranked or low ranked players who turn out to be elite are the exception, not the norm.

Much rather have my unranked kid play at one of those schools and enjoy every minute of watching her ON the field. Pay attention to how many top ranked girls end up sitting their first two years. But hey, at least you can say she was on a top 10 team. Because that’s what it’s really about for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

THIS^^^^^

Much rather have my unranked kid play at one of those schools and enjoy every minute of watching her ON the field. Pay attention to how many top ranked girls end up sitting their first two years. But hey, at least you can say she was on a top 10 team. Because that’s what it’s really about for you.

It's THEIR decision. why do the heck do you care so much? College lacrosse is a big jump. Yes not everyone will see the field. thats the game. this is the norm in every sport. Some of these girls committ knowing they will be competing for game time. If it doesnt work out, fine, they can transfer. To some girls getting all the playing time in the world doesn't mean anything when you're losing by 10 goals every game with no shot at a championship game. Hard to be happy in situations like that either. Some girls are happy with sporadic playing time and being part of a an elite team. Whatever makes you and your daughter happy, great. But don't make it seem like its law or some noble thing. wake up. Competitive college athletics is cut throat. Elite players win, none elite players lose. sinple as that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Positions are interesting to watch. I thought it used to be that all the best players played middie and teams recruited mostly middies and then shifted girls. From the way the commits look today (at least on IL website - I know they are delayed, but I don’t have the time or energy to accumulate a list from other sources), it seems like MD and UNC are the only ones that still have that mindset. A lot of the other schools are signing attack and D early. This is my first daughter so my views on this are all based on hearsay. Does anyone more in the know have a view on this? Is it a new trend? Or it just a snapshot of a single point in time? My only real data is that one of the schools my daughter is visiting (top school, but not UNC or MD) mentioned they recruit mostly middies and several of the others she’s visited have already signed attacks and D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So why are you so fired up? By the same token, some girls choose education over final fours and lax brand. Or other girls choose playing time over riding the pine. It almost sounded like you were drinking during your rant and passed the threshold in your last sentence. Or maybe you just can’t spell - but this forum does have auto spell correct so I think you had to be really pissed to write that last sentence. IDK. Just guessing?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As the kids say BRUH. Seems like you care an awful lot? Trying to downplay you being an overbearing parent doesn’t sell so well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are missing the other side of that. Some girls actually do play in College who don’t care about the Championship. They want to continue to play in College, have fun & get a degree. You don’t have to be a winner to be “elite”-you could have left that last sentence out. It is THEIR choice, unfortunately too many parents on here are trying to live through their daughters & think playing at a “top 10” school is the only way to go

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Someone’s bitter.

THIS^^^^^

It's THEIR decision. why do the heck do you care so much? College lacrosse is a big jump. Yes not everyone will see the field. thats the game. this is the norm in every sport. Some of these girls committ knowing they will be competing for game time. If it doesnt work out, fine, they can transfer. To some girls getting all the playing time in the world doesn't mean anything when you're losing by 10 goals every game with no shot at a championship game. Hard to be happy in situations like that either. Some girls are happy with sporadic playing time and being part of a an elite team. Whatever makes you and your daughter happy, great. But don't make it seem like its law or some noble thing. wake up. Competitive college athletics is cut throat. Elite players win, none elite players lose. sinple as that.
100% guaranteed that this is a post by someone who never played a sport at a high level. People who have don't talk like this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just like everything on here this exchange is off the rails. Our daughter will choose the best school for her with academics and culture as the top priority but with the highest level of lacrosse for her ability. With two parents who played the sport at the highest level, I am more than okay with our approach. Lacrosse is not a career. It opens doors to schools and networks just like other sports. Playing for a national championship would be amazing but only a very few will have that opportunity in their 4 years. The numbers cited in one quote above show how limited the teams are that get to Final Four weekend. It's awesome to be a part of that but those teams will continue to take the top recruits and keep going back. With Clemson and USF making big strides in the portal and recruiting, you will see both of them there soon. It will be at the expense of on or two of the one and done teams.

Why can't people just be thrilled that they have a kid who can play anywhere at a school they love? And be happy for the kids who choose somewhere else?

Like Reply Quote
Page 54 of 58 1 2 52 53 54 55 56 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard