BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous. 12/08/19 06:15 PM
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 12/08/19 05:44 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 12/08/19 05:08 PM
Boys 2028-4th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 12/08/19 05:04 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 12/08/19 12:40 PM
Duke's Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 12/08/19 10:28 AM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 12/08/19 09:11 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics1,900
Posts259,770
Members2,151
Most Online10,285
Nov 14th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 128 of 136 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 135 136
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #289520
07/22/19 08:29 PM
07/22/19 08:29 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
You must be one of the 91 parents who could not figure out that if 8 teams made the championship bracket and there were 8 pools you had to win your pool to advance. When you did not get your way you packed up and went home Saturday night.


Wrong. But now that you mention it, the 2022 91 team from MD was magically added to the softest 3 team bracket! Must be nice?

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #289521
07/22/19 08:33 PM
07/22/19 08:33 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Actually, if the talent was equal as you say it was, chosing either way would imply a bias if it was not the direct result of a good reason. Wanting to win is the objective. Once again, sorry your kid didnt make it. Looking forward to seeing you out there next year.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #289546
07/23/19 05:41 AM
07/23/19 05:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, if the talent was equal as you say it was, chosing either way would imply a bias if it was not the direct result of a good reason. Wanting to win is the objective. Once again, sorry your kid didnt make it. Looking forward to seeing you out there next year.


You skirt around " bias " yet imply that it is.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: B_O_T_C] #289570
07/23/19 09:55 AM
07/23/19 09:55 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, if the talent was equal as you say it was, chosing either way would imply a bias if it was not the direct result of a good reason. Wanting to win is the objective. Once again, sorry your kid didnt make it. Looking forward to seeing you out there next year.


I agree with your argument. If the objective is to win and players are more or less equal, team chemistry matters so pick boys who have played together. Where I have a problem is selecting injured players no matter how good when healthy. If the objective is to win, they shouldn't be out there if they can't play to help the team. Its about the team first.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #289587
07/23/19 01:12 PM
07/23/19 01:12 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, if the talent was equal as you say it was, chosing either way would imply a bias if it was not the direct result of a good reason. Wanting to win is the objective. Once again, sorry your kid didnt make it. Looking forward to seeing you out there next year.


I agree with your argument. If the objective is to win and players are more or less equal, team chemistry matters so pick boys who have played together. Where I have a problem is selecting injured players no matter how good when healthy. If the objective is to win, they shouldn't be out there if they can't play to help the team. Its about the team first.


Ugh. The tournament was 3 weeks ago. Who cares?!? Move on.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #289595
07/23/19 01:30 PM
07/23/19 01:30 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, if the talent was equal as you say it was, chosing either way would imply a bias if it was not the direct result of a good reason. Wanting to win is the objective. Once again, sorry your kid didnt make it. Looking forward to seeing you out there next year.


I agree with your argument. If the objective is to win and players are more or less equal, team chemistry matters so pick boys who have played together. Where I have a problem is selecting injured players no matter how good when healthy. If the objective is to win, they shouldn't be out there if they can't play to help the team. Its about the team first.


Ugh. The tournament was 3 weeks ago. Who cares?!? Move on.


I guess the prior two pages of posts care. Answer your own question or move on.....

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: B_O_T_C] #289600
07/23/19 01:49 PM
07/23/19 01:49 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, if the talent was equal as you say it was, chosing either way would imply a bias if it was not the direct result of a good reason. Wanting to win is the objective. Once again, sorry your kid didnt make it. Looking forward to seeing you out there next year.


You skirt around " bias " yet imply that it is.


What I imply is that you are splitting hairs without providing a solution or formula for deciding between equally talented players when a coach may know one of the players and not the other. Are they supposed to pick the player they do not know, or have never seen play before on purpose, simply because they know the other player? That is a bias against vs bias for selection. What is your solution? Role some dice? Have the 2 players come back and play Rock, Paper, Scissors? You are just arguing for the sake of arguing now. That was really my point the whole time. Objective accomplished.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #289601
07/23/19 01:58 PM
07/23/19 01:58 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, if the talent was equal as you say it was, chosing either way would imply a bias if it was not the direct result of a good reason. Wanting to win is the objective. Once again, sorry your kid didnt make it. Looking forward to seeing you out there next year.


I agree with your argument. If the objective is to win and players are more or less equal, team chemistry matters so pick boys who have played together. Where I have a problem is selecting injured players no matter how good when healthy. If the objective is to win, they shouldn't be out there if they can't play to help the team. Its about the team first.


I don't disagree with this at all, unless the player was hurt during the tryouts and showed great skill before they were hurt. Then it really depends on the injury and doctors report. If a kid rolls his ankle during tryouts and the coaches/evaluators have every reason to believe that 2 weeks off will enable the player to fully heal and participate at full speed, then it is safe the select the player based on their preinjury performance. That is why alternates are chosen to replace the player if they cannot play. This happens almost every year. You are taking a risk on every kid on the roster with as many games and tournaments as they are playing during tryouts and leading up to the UA Games. Half the kids leave UA tryouts and go right to other events like Showtime. They all have chronic use issues, bumps and bruises, or additional risk of injury, so they factor everything when making a decision.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #291729
08/22/19 07:44 PM
08/22/19 07:44 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Let me guess; you have coached little Johnny his whole life and he was a starter. In fact, the whole offense is built around him. The first time you’re not his coach or evaluator these 15 bums conspired against him. The HS varsity coach is an stunad too; can’t see D1 talent when it’s staring him in the eye. Who made you the evaluator of MIAA coaches? Out of state kids making a Baltimore squad? Blasphemy! What really stinks is you thought you had made all the rights moves but it came down to talent. Doh!

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: B_O_T_C] #291928
08/28/19 11:28 AM
08/28/19 11:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Kids are getting back to school and I am looking forward to the 2020 season. How do you guys think Spalding is going to do this upcoming season? I hear they are loaded with young talent and great coaching. Their coach is a MLL player!

I will be keeping an eye on the Cavaleers and I am sure I am not the only one. They played Mcdonogh really close last season!

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: B_O_T_C] #291929
08/28/19 11:59 AM
08/28/19 11:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Spalding is a joke. They belong in the B league. Never even sniffed the MIAA playoffs in 15 years. No kid in their right mind would chose to go their for lacrosse. They got a few 22s - some who already jumped ship and no 23s. They will stink as usual.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #291948
08/28/19 09:43 PM
08/28/19 09:43 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Spalding is a joke. They belong in the B league. Never even sniffed the MIAA playoffs in 15 years. No kid in their right mind would chose to go their for lacrosse. They got a few 22s - some who already jumped ship and no 23s. They will stink as usual.


Time to get over your son not making Spalding. Starting to embarrass yourself.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: B_O_T_C] #291953
08/29/19 07:05 AM
08/29/19 07:05 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



I know it is irrelevant but I have to ask the question. Inside Lacrosse ranks FCA 2020 Blue at #29. No doubt Team 91 is the best team in the age group but FCA has beaten them and handily beaten every other team in the age group repeatedly over the years. What would lead them to be ranked 29?

Do any of the rankings look accurate?

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #291954
08/29/19 07:36 AM
08/29/19 07:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
I No doubt Team 91 is the best team in the age group


you spelled Hawks wrong

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #291955
08/29/19 07:39 AM
08/29/19 07:39 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Kids are getting back to school and I am looking forward to the 2020 season. How do you guys think Spalding is going to do this upcoming season? I hear they are loaded with young talent and great coaching. Their coach is a MLL player!

I will be keeping an eye on the Cavaleers and I am sure I am not the only one. They played Mcdonogh really close last season!


Playoffs this year are a sure bet followed by 2 championships. Sorry boys, you are going to have to wait awhile if you are waiting for Spalding to fail

Reply Quote
Page 128 of 136 1 2 126 127 128 129 130 135 136
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification





Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1