The 'Pro Women's Lacrosse Clinic' date was changed to Oct. 13th || Last Day to Register for the Shore2Shore K-1 Clinic

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 03:31 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 03:15 PM
Boys 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 03:05 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 03:02 PM
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 03:00 PM
Boys 2023
by Anonymous. 09/20/19 02:31 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,767
Posts255,104
Members2,135
Most Online6,425
Sep 8th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 104 of 130 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 129 130
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284831
05/15/19 09:12 AM
05/15/19 09:12 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
St Mary’s in the finals. Spalding missed playoffs again. Tell me again why did the hawks kids head to Spalding?

Not sure since the 2022 Coach had his kids at SM playing - sounds like BK and Phipps pulled a fast one

Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284854
05/15/19 12:32 PM
05/15/19 12:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St Mary’s in the finals. Spalding missed playoffs again. Tell me again why did the hawks kids head to Spalding?

"Coach says we are gonna be really good next year."

I have no skin in Spalding, but do you guys ever rest ?? Looking at MIAA standing, Spalding won 4 games. Not great, but ok, They even beat BL ?? They must be doing something right.

They have some good players. I suspect some will play in college. One of the best players on Notre Dame's team is from Mt St Joe's. They have won less than Spalding has and have produced some good players in college ranks. I bet he is glad he played agisnt McD, BL, CH. etc

Besides some players left Hawks and went there, give me a good reason why I should dislike them like you. And no lame reasons . Some good ones.
Who knows, maybe you can convince me and a bunch more.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284877
05/15/19 11:27 PM
05/15/19 11:27 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was thinking the same thing. I watched the Gonzaga vs. St. John’s Championship game. St. John’s Hawks looked very good. Having a hard time believing that the Spalding Hawks are better. Even though the Hawks 2022 team is very good and has been for many years. I’m sure there is some second guessing right now. They might want to make some transfer decisions ASAP. I doubt things will change at Spalding.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #284887
05/16/19 09:54 AM
05/16/19 09:54 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets hear it for some public school lacrosse. Howard High School upsets undefeated Urbana. Another great game was Westminster vs. Linganore.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284892
05/16/19 10:28 AM
05/16/19 10:28 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets hear it for some public school lacrosse. Howard High School upsets undefeated Urbana. Another great game was Westminster vs. Linganore.

SP holds off Broadneck 10-9 - Can SP go for the 4Peat

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284900
05/16/19 11:58 AM
05/16/19 11:58 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was thinking the same thing. I watched the Gonzaga vs. St. John’s Championship game. St. John’s Hawks looked very good. Having a hard time believing that the Spalding Hawks are better. Even though the Hawks 2022 team is very good and has been for many years. I’m sure there is some second guessing right now. They might want to make some transfer decisions ASAP. I doubt things will change at Spalding.

Sorry but the WCAC is not on the same level as the MIAA.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #284902
05/16/19 12:34 PM
05/16/19 12:34 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Calvert Hall and everyone else for the foreseeable future; BK has the edge with recruiting and that will never change.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284903
05/16/19 12:48 PM
05/16/19 12:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's Calvert Hall and everyone else for the foreseeable future; BK has the edge with recruiting and that will never change.

I agree.. The other schools need to figure it out quick. Unless they do, all of them will be fighting for second.

"If you're not FIRST, you're LAST!" -Ricky Bobby

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #284905
05/16/19 12:59 PM
05/16/19 12:59 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the other teams will do what they did in football with St. Francis and refuse to play them.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284915
05/16/19 01:52 PM
05/16/19 01:52 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe the other teams will do what they did in football with St. Francis and refuse to play them.

Well....Maybe......The Kelly train brings all of these kids in with their money paying the way for a ton of kids...... Other schools don't have that backing.... Kelley's operate by their own rules.... Look at the UMMS scandal.... High paid coaches also bought and paid for by the Kelly's... A Club program that is bought and payed for by the Kelly's.....

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #284927
05/16/19 02:51 PM
05/16/19 02:51 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One way to level the playing field would be to get rid of the transfer rule. If CH has the resources to bring in transfers from out of the area, then let all the schools bring in transfers regardless of previous school or geographic locations. There are probably 9th and 10th graders on rosters all over the MIAA that would transfer for any number of reasons, but because of the rule, playing even a little bit on varsity penalizes a 9th or 10th grader, while a kid that has only been on JV can transfer anywhere they want.

The smaller MIAA schools like St. Pauls, Boys Latin, STM, Severn, etc. would probably all benefit. Schools like CH, Loyola, Gilman & McD are so big that there are bound to be kids that would move if they could for both lax and academic reasons.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: TommyM] #284928
05/16/19 03:00 PM
05/16/19 03:00 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is a good player in the MIAA and projects to be a D1-level player, why not consider CHC? They have a proven track record with the likes of UMD, OSU and UNC. The quality of the education is good and 4 years at CHC (with some athletic and/or merit incentive) equals the cost of a year at McDonogh, Gilman, BL or St. Pauls. It is a pretty easy decision to make.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284929
05/16/19 03:08 PM
05/16/19 03:08 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree.. The other schools need to figure it out quick. Unless they do, all of them will be fighting for second.

I don't disagree with you and I love the quote... However....

One storied A conference program already has out-of-state players living at the coach's house and didn't make the playoffs.

Another pull-out-all-the-stops A conference program has out-of-state players living in its dorms (including one set to play his fifth season of high school varsity lacrosse next year) and they didn't make the final four.

And the attempts to find a short cut to the top of the standings down at Spalding have been well documented on this site.

But even when you are doing this crazy stuff it comes down to who can execute on the field. Coaching adjustments, grit, leadership, working together, making lacrosse plays, etc..

CH (and SM) simply got it done on the field in 2019.

We all saw an inspired Loyola squad knock off a highly touted BL team in 2013 and in 2015 we all saw a Band of Brothers type SM team beat a McD squad that had like 25 D1 commits on the roster.

I don't think that sort of thing is in the cards for tomorrow night but I do believe that the recent past has shown that getting the pieces lined up and working together properly in May can overcome perceived gaps in talent. I do like the grit and style of the 2019 SM team but this year's gap between CH and everyone else just seems too wide.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284939
05/16/19 08:11 PM
05/16/19 08:11 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't disagree with you and I love the quote... However....

One storied A conference program already has out-of-state players living at the coach's house and didn't make the playoffs.

Another pull-out-all-the-stops A conference program has out-of-state players living in its dorms (including one set to play his fifth season of high school varsity lacrosse next year) and they didn't make the final four.

And the attempts to find a short cut to the top of the standings down at Spalding have been well documented on this site.

But even when you are doing this crazy stuff it comes down to who can execute on the field. Coaching adjustments, grit, leadership, working together, making lacrosse plays, etc..

CH (and SM) simply got it done on the field in 2019.

We all saw an inspired Loyola squad knock off a highly touted BL team in 2013 and in 2015 we all saw a Band of Brothers type SM team beat a McD squad that had like 25 D1 commits on the roster.

I don't think that sort of thing is in the cards for tomorrow night but I do believe that the recent past has shown that getting the pieces lined up and working together properly in May can overcome perceived gaps in talent. I do like the grit and style of the 2019 SM team but this year's gap between CH and everyone else just seems too wide.

While I agree that anything can happen as well as past history. But during that time the last 5-10 years, different teams were winning MIAA championships. No team stood out to me during that time frame except maybe the BL team.

Calvert Hall has won two in a row and will easily win a third. Along with being the frontrunner team next year !! This year besides maybe the St Marys game, it has been a slaughter by CH on MIAA A teams including the StP, McD, Gilman, and Loyola. I dont see a huge sea change next year.

While all the schools have school resources, I assume that CH has a Kelly resources with school backing. If true that is a big advantage when it is a person or persons along with school backing. Gilman football comes to mind with the St Francis football coach.
I dont think CH is doing what they did, but they must be doing something right to get out of state studs along with getting one of best players in 2022 to switch schools.

While McD has its out of state players ( that 5 year is guy due to playing in 8th grade) along with others bringing in out of state players. CH seems to do it better. The rest better catch up. 3 Championships in a row is unprecedented.

Reply Quote
Re: Boys High School [Re: Anonymous] #284944
05/16/19 09:41 PM
05/16/19 09:41 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is a good player in the MIAA and projects to be a D1-level player, why not consider CHC? They have a proven track record with the likes of UMD, OSU and UNC. The quality of the education is good and 4 years at CHC (with some athletic and/or merit incentive) equals the cost of a year at McDonogh, Gilman, BL or St. Pauls. It is a pretty easy decision to make.

Because unless you are a stud (and BK sees it), you are on a Varsity team with 50-60 kids. So even if you are good and could maybe become great (and a college prospect) you will never see the field.

Reply Quote
Page 104 of 130 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 129 130
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification