BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 37 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 36 37
Re: Boys 2023-8th Grade Fall 2018/Summer 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And still loose every gme

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Kinda like you were loost in English class?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite is a 4 team division. The other teams are not elite and don’t belong. 91 never did, never one a game in division. Looneys was a pretender last year and has taken a step back this year. Don’t know what happened to NL or BLC - best players to DCD?

Looneys got beat around by Hawks in the first game. But they played even with FCA on Sunday...Looneys was up for good bits of the game and had a chance to tie it at the end, before a non-call on a clear push from behind got FCA the ball to run out the last minute+.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kinda like you were loost in English class?

My bad they will Louooze every game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will 2023 Team 91 MD lose more games or players this spring?

What is different about this year? They did not win a game the prior two years and only the kids who same limited playing time left. At least now they have a real coach and some higher level players.

Who is "a real coach"? Don't say MM! All MM will do is ensure the players require psychotherapy by the time they get into High School.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Elite is a 4 team division. The other teams are not elite and don’t belong. 91 never did, never one a game in division. Looneys was a pretender last year and has taken a step back this year. Don’t know what happened to NL or BLC - best players to DCD?

Looneys got beat around by Hawks in the first game. But they played even with FCA on Sunday...Looneys was up for good bits of the game and had a chance to tie it at the end, before a non-call on a clear push from behind got FCA the ball to run out the last minute+.

Looney's parent making excuses........it was a sloppy game by both teams and both have a lot to work on if they plan to even compete with the 3 big dawgs in the elite division. FCA clearly had the better overall talent but poor execution. Looney's is in for a long season; they may not win more than 2 games this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looney's parent making excuses........it was a sloppy game by both teams and both have a lot to work on if they plan to even compete with the 3 big dawgs in the elite division. FCA clearly had the better overall talent but poor execution. Looney's is in for a long season; they may not win more than 2 games this year.

Isn't this cute FCA v. Looney's to determine which of the two gets blown out in the first round of the playoffs. Elite is a three team race.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't this cute FCA v. Looney's to determine which of the two gets blown out in the first round of the playoffs. Elite is a three team race.

This is obviously someone who doesn't get it; his mentality is 8th grade WINS are more important than developing your kid to be better each year. I think everyone realizes its a 3 team race; that doesn't mean these kids won't compete and give 100% when they meet these 3 talented teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is obviously someone who doesn't get it; his mentality is 8th grade WINS are more important than developing your kid to be better each year. I think everyone realizes its a 3 team race; that doesn't mean these kids won't compete and give 100% when they meet these 3 talented teams. [/quote]

So development comes from losing games rather than team practice? Then charge $500.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is obviously someone who doesn't get it; his mentality is 8th grade WINS are more important than developing your kid to be better each year. I think everyone realizes its a 3 team race; that doesn't mean these kids won't compete and give 100% when they meet these 3 talented teams.

So development comes from losing games rather than team practice? Then charge $500. [/quote]

Again you’re lost; developed comes from working hard and playing against elite competition and in some cases kids that are 1-2 years older.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So development comes from losing games rather than team practice? Then charge $500.

Again you’re lost; developed comes from working hard and playing against elite competition and in some cases kids that are 1-2 years older. [/quote]

How does that work when the ball stays mainly on one end overwhelming the D as the A watches for most of the game? But at least you can say your kid plays in the 8th grade elite division of mostly 9 grade age players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again you’re lost; developed comes from working hard and playing against elite competition and in some cases kids that are 1-2 years older.

How does that work when the ball stays mainly on one end overwhelming the D as the A watches for most of the game? But at least you can say your kid plays in the 8th grade elite division of mostly 9 grade age players.[/quote]

Great my kid plays defense.....get a clue!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game Predictions for Saturday -

DC Dogs (16) Team 91 (5)
FCA (10) Next Level (5)
Hawks (13) DC Express (3)
Crabs (18) Looney's (3)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DC Dogs (16) Team 91 (5)
FCA (10) Next Level (5)
Crabs (18) Looney's (3)

And a parent ejection

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DC Dogs (16) Team 91 (5)
FCA (10) Next Level (5)
Crabs (18) Looney's (3)

And a parent ejection

And a coach ejection but it will be one in the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't Give A Rip about "elite cheating division" there are 800 other kids in Hoco. Good luck to all except for the hold back cheaters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't Give A Rip about "elite cheating division" there are 800 other kids in Hoco. Good luck to all except for the hold back cheaters.

Sorry; have your son work harder, maybe next year he will make it. Fingers crossed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Full disclosure - my kid is on age - often gets accused of being a hold back.
The word "cheater" would require the breaking of rules. HoCo does not have a rule in place and frankly, could care less about the hold backs. My kid is in the Hold Back division and I would estimate that less than 10% of the league is comprised of off-age kids.
Hold back babies - fine (although the real baby is you). Hold back stunads - fine. Hold back enablers - fine.
"Cheaters" doesn't apply. This league is about development exposure to talented teams - not winning - even though it feels good to win.
Have a great day. Good luck to ALL - even this excuse maker's team and family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is sad that while all of the the top teams in elite have holdback players, most of the top players are the correct age for their grade. Parents who have kids that are not on a top team and parents on top teams who did holdback their kids hate to admit this. I think the holdback kids give the good teams a bad image.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the holdback son’s of the dads who played at a high level in D1 ...who cares ... because they at least have talent and a reasonable expectation of playing in college. For you prep school posers dads who did not compete at lacrosse or any other sport but hold your son back for an advantage in the country club white privileged sport of lacrosse ... different story ... yiu just want to check a box in the list of prep school, country club, wife boob job ... etc. It will flatten yiu when junior falls short even against the younger kids bc he is not an athlete despite the thousands of dollars you spent on club amd extra $25,000 yiu spent for another year of school. And worse for the kid is everyone laughs at him because of it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are clueless! Crabs and DC Dawgs are 50% holdbacks. that is a fact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the holdback son’s of the dads who played at a high level in D1 ...who cares ... because they at least have talent and a reasonable expectation of playing in college. For you prep school posers dads who did not compete at lacrosse or any other sport but hold your son back for an advantage in the country club white privileged sport of lacrosse ... different story ... yiu just want to check a box in the list of prep school, country club, wife boob job ... etc. It will flatten yiu when junior falls short even against the younger kids bc he is not an athlete despite the thousands of dollars you spent on club amd extra $25,000 yiu spent for another year of school. And worse for the kid is everyone laughs at him because of it.

Mr. commenter, what you’ve just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And everyone else is 99% on age. Facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The word "cheater" would require the breaking of rules. HoCo does not have a rule in place and frankly, could care less about the hold backs. My kid is in the Hold Back division and I would estimate that less than 10% of the league is comprised of off-age kids.
Hold back babies - fine (although the real baby is you). Hold back stunads - fine. Hold back enablers - fine.
"Cheaters" doesn't apply. This league is about development exposure to talented teams - not winning - even though it feels good to win.

10% ??? Hilarious..That would be two players on a 20 man roster.. LOL.. Not even close, ..They arent cheating in HOCO, but it goes against everything that YOUTH sports stands for.. Sad state when lacrosse is the one youth sports that allows this at elite level. Soccer, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey all go by age at Youth level. BB tried some grade base but got out of hand, now it is very limited,, Go Lacrosse LOL

I doubt it changes in Maryland. Every lacrosse Coach has held his son back it seems in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still to Low !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10% ??? Hilarious..That would be two players on a 20 man roster.. LOL.. Not even close, ..They arent cheating in HOCO, but it goes against everything that YOUTH sports stands for.. Sad state when lacrosse is the one youth sports that allows this at elite level. Soccer, Baseball, Football, Basketball, Hockey all go by age at Youth level. BB tried some grade base but got out of hand, now it is very limited,, Go Lacrosse LOL

I doubt it changes in Maryland. Every lacrosse Coach has held his son back it seems in MD.

10% is too low for the elite division any maybe 10% is right for the lower divisions. But are you the same guy spewing about ages for these different sports even though you've been proven wrong time and again. Soccer now goes by league end date minus birth year so a lot of prior to 9/1 kids are eligible. AAU basketball and just about every other league now allows for class based leagues and tournaments. Hockey allows for 4 roster exceptions plus the goalie to their rosters. Stop getting yourself in a lather over this and try to focus.

The issue is when the entire roster or a huge percentage exceeds 9/1. Or worse, when the holdback goes to even the prior year meaning you can have have kids born from September through March and these kids can be up to a year and a half older than others within the division. The most egregious is when you take the September through March born before 9/1 and then those kids are repeated.

This is how you get to 16 year olds competing in 8th grade divisions. There are 3 on 1 roster and HoCo told me at least 6 will be competing this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I call BS on 16 year old 8th graders. They would not be eligible to play HS.

Not a hold back fan but this is getting silly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wish it were silly but it is true. Call HoCo and they will confirm.
Lacrosse: Derek Ludlow 410-313-4706 dludlow@howardcountymd.gov

The parents don't care about high school senior year lacrosse and the schools don't report on each other so, most likely, the young men will play anyway.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Mater Dei has had several over the years. It's sad but true and they make no apologies and actually seem quite smug about it. On one of their younger teams they have at least 5 players born prior to 3/1. You don't think it's possible one of these kids will repeat prior to entering high school?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

10% is too low for the elite division any maybe 10% is right for the lower divisions. But are you the same guy spewing about ages for these different sports even though you've been proven wrong time and again. Soccer now goes by league end date minus birth year so a lot of prior to 9/1 kids are eligible. AAU basketball and just about every other league now allows for class based leagues and tournaments. Hockey allows for 4 roster exceptions plus the goalie to their rosters. Stop getting yourself in a lather over this and try to focus.

The issue is when the entire roster or a huge percentage exceeds 9/1. Or worse, when the holdback goes to even the prior year meaning you can have have kids born from September through March and these kids can be up to a year and a half older than others within the division. The most egregious is when you take the September through March born before 9/1 and then those kids are repeated.

This is how you get to 16 year olds competing in 8th grade divisions. There are 3 on 1 roster and HoCo told me at least 6 will be competing this year.

You are FULL of it.. I guess if you sprew enough garbage you think it will be real.

Soccer the largest sport in world goes by a STRICT age based league. All Youth is Jan 1 to Dec 31. NO Tolerance for moaners like you who want to playdown. No elite level goes by grade NONE ! You must have a card provided by manager to even play in most TOP elite leagues and tournaments up to U19. Have one child just went thru this and is in college now. Spare me any " I know "

Once again , Hockey is a strict age based at YOUTH . Where you get your facts is beyond me. Look up any elite Hockey up North. North is where most hockey players come from if you didnt know it..ALL GO BY AGE except a few outliers which are NOT allowed to play with age based. Very familiar with Northern Hockey thru close relatives, They think it is a joke about grade.

AAU was a mess with grade base for a few years ?? Wonder why?? Now most AAU at elite level is by AGE. There are some that go by grade, but AAU is getting out of the grade based tournaments and leagues.. Sorry once again your facts are WRONG. I had long discussion with our High School AAU also coach. AGE BASE..

Lacrosse is hilarious with people like you defending select players playing down at youth level. Youth sports was not meant for kids to play down except for the truly challenged.. NEVER WAS.

Keep spouting off about how it is ok, due to Soccer ( Wrong) BB ( Wrong) Hockey ( Wrong) Baseball ( i guess you didnt mention that?? LOL ) ...Thats a good reason...They do it in some limited way...so it is ok if we do it. Hilarious.

Your facts must come from some local hockey or soccer rec league that gives everyone a trophy?? They sure arent from any real elite youth sports..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

DC Dogs (16) Team 91 (5)
FCA (10) Next Level (5)
Crabs (18) Looney's (3)

And a parent ejection

And a coach ejection but it will be one in the same

The guy who predicted the scores is clairvoyant... how about the ejections?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Questions for this season with tryouts:

1. How many 2022's move down to play at 2023? Do they displace many to a new team?
2. How many teams play elite?
3. Which teams will be most/least improved?
4. Seems like many clubs are consolidating or changing uniforms (DCD) is this a limited supply demand issue?
5. Do any clubs have a second team (b) that is worth anything?

This is an important year to get to the right team before HS where tryouts do not change as much.

Looneys will be most improved. Crabs can only go up after this past year.. FCA will hold since it guarantees each returning player a spot. 91 Md should drop to AA or A but I guess there is a market for people to play on a team that calls itself elite even though it lost every game in that division.

Doesn't look like Looney's "Daddy Ball" is improved at all. Same kids playing tougher competition. Getting smoked with a tough start to the season. Dissapointed in the game they brought this week. I'm sure the coach's kids are having fun though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

You are FULL of it.. I guess if you sprew enough garbage you think it will be real.

Soccer the largest sport in world goes by a STRICT age based league. All Youth is Jan 1 to Dec 31. NO Tolerance for moaners like you who want to playdown. No elite level goes by grade NONE ! You must have a card provided by manager to even play in most TOP elite leagues and tournaments up to U19. Have one child just went thru this and is in college now. Spare me any " I know "

Once again , Hockey is a strict age based at YOUTH . Where you get your facts is beyond me. Look up any elite Hockey up North. North is where most hockey players come from if you didnt know it..ALL GO BY AGE except a few outliers which are NOT allowed to play with age based. Very familiar with Northern Hockey thru close relatives, They think it is a joke about grade.

AAU was a mess with grade base for a few years ?? Wonder why?? Now most AAU at elite level is by AGE. There are some that go by grade, but AAU is getting out of the grade based tournaments and leagues.. Sorry once again your facts are WRONG. I had long discussion with our High School AAU also coach. AGE BASE..

Lacrosse is hilarious with people like you defending select players playing down at youth level. Youth sports was not meant for kids to play down except for the truly challenged.. NEVER WAS.

Keep spouting off about how it is ok, due to Soccer ( Wrong) BB ( Wrong) Hockey ( Wrong) Baseball ( i guess you didnt mention that?? LOL ) ...Thats a good reason...They do it in some limited way...so it is ok if we do it. Hilarious.

Your facts must come from some local hockey or soccer rec league that gives everyone a trophy?? They sure arent from any real elite youth sports..

[/quote]

You are such a clown. Who cares about soccer. It's a terrible sport in the U.S. and our talent gets worse as they get older and that goes for men and women too in the last 8 years.
Hockey is a joke too. I guess you're going to throw out all the age related biases when it comes to youth sports. We could care less about your close friends opinions of sport the U.S. dominates at all age levels.

Oooh, I had a long discussion with a coach. I bet he couldn't wait to get out of that one as the spittle came off your chin. And I'm sure he ran right out to USL and let them know how you feel.

So sorry your kid has a February birthday and he's too small to compete. You should concentrate on sports like golf or bowling where it's not a team atmosphere. Let us know when you start the change.org petition lost.

Serious question, if it bothers you so much, why rant on an anonymous forum and insult those who agree with you somewhat like the pp you slammed? Put your name to it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. How many 2022's move down to play at 2023? Do they displace many to a new team?
4. Seems like many clubs are consolidating or changing uniforms (DCD) is this a limited supply demand issue?

This is an important year to get to the right team before HS where tryouts do not change as much.

Looneys will be most improved. Crabs can only go up after this past year.. FCA will hold since it guarantees each returning player a spot. 91 Md should drop to AA or A but I guess there is a market for people to play on a team that calls itself elite even though it lost every game in that division.

Doesn't look like Looney's "Daddy Ball" is improved at all. Same kids playing tougher competition. Getting smoked with a tough start to the season. Dissapointed in the game they brought this week. I'm sure the coach's kids are having fun though.

Loomey’s actually added players to improve the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Questions for this season with tryouts:

5. Do any clubs have a second team (b) that is worth anything?"

These are interesting questions. I guess from an old post this past summer? A:
1. Crabs added this most and it shows.
2. 7 play Elite (maybe 6.5)
3. Most improved Crabs least Looney's
4. Not sure but NL seems to have lost the most
5. The records indicate not. Looney's and FCA B should not have played AAA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[/quote]

You are such a clown. Who cares about soccer. It's a terrible sport in the U.S. and our talent gets worse as they get older and that goes for men and women too in the last 8 years.
Hockey is a joke too. I guess you're going to throw out all the age related biases when it comes to youth sports. We could care less about your close friends opinions of sport the U.S. dominates at all age levels.

Oooh, I had a long discussion with a coach. I bet he couldn't wait to get out of that one as the spittle came off your chin. And I'm sure he ran right out to USL and let them know how you feel.

So sorry your kid has a February birthday and he's too small to compete. You should concentrate on sports like golf or bowling where it's not a team atmosphere. Let us know when you start the change.org petition lost.

Serious question, if it bothers you so much, why rant on an anonymous forum and insult those who agree with you somewhat like the pp you slammed? Put your name to it.

Hilarious ! I am the clown.. I am the one with the on age kid competing against kids like yours who cant go at children their own age. LOL Most on age kids who play at high level would be monsters if they played down like yours. Of course if that happened , you and the rest of the select holdbacks would need to drop down another year, or layman's terms..become a double holdback.

And all your ranting says only one thing. You are a holdback apologist who knows that it is wrong at youth level. Cant come up with one clear reason to let select children play down in youth sports..not one ! LOL

I am sure the millions of soccer fans and players all over the world agree with you . Hilarious . As do all the Hockey fans and players. Maybe go tell a few American or Canadian Hockey players their sport is a joke ? LOL

I guess only you and the somewhat guy are allowed to insult ?? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sir, I am asking you kindly to please leave! You were doing so good with posts about actual lacrosse. If others could provide insight about games and teams that would be great.

Elite has good matchups this week at the top and lower end of the standings. Can 91 win? For the rest of the divisions it is interesting how the teams that moved up are really struggling and the teams that moved down dominating. I think 5 division may be too many but they did get some things right.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sir, I am asking you kindly to please leave! You were doing so good with posts about actual lacrosse. If others could provide insight about games and teams that would be great.

Elite has good matchups this week at the top and lower end of the standings. Can 91 win? For the rest of the divisions it is interesting how the teams that moved up are really struggling and the teams that moved down dominating. I think 5 division may be too many but they did get some things right.

What teams moved down?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Congratulations to your boys. My son really likes his coaches (and their sons). Ask around beyond your Crabs bubble. You'll find how well they are respected. Your coach seems nice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What teams moved down?

API, USS and NLR (some of the PGLC kids)

Page 24 of 37 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 36 37

Link Copied to Clipboard